can't find a specific pet i own..

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: can't find a specific pet i own..

Postby Aaron✦ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 am

To my knowledge there's no possibility of a glitch like that happening, so don't worry about that. If your horse wasn't very rare, it wasn't the one from August 09 and must have been a different one, but you say you've been through the archives and none of the horses match? Trade history isn't deleted, so if you had a trade involving the horse it will be in your trade centre some where, but the only other thing I can imagine has happened is that like nickjr's suggestion, someone else got onto your account and deleted the pet. Is that a possibility?

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:44 am

@nickjr no need to apologize, you're fine :) and

yeah i was thinking of that but i live at home with my grandmother who never touches my computer, and the only other time ive been on cs lately was on my phone at work, but even then it just seemed odd to me that someone would get on, and out of thousands of pets delete just the one pet and not anything else i had. thats why since i know it had to be that horse that the only logical conclusion was a glitch or error of some kind, because an accidental user coming on my account doesnt make sense, since nothing else was touched in any way. just that one horse. and a "hack" is a ridiculous idea, because it would affect way more than this one thing. so i decided to sort of build a hypothetical. say i was 100% wrong. tooootally different horse and im just insane (happens sometimes XD) i know i declined a trade offer for A horse. thats the first thing i know for a 100% fact. i have no trades listed as offers accepted edited or declined in the last year involving ANY kind of horse. so since i know i declined an offer for a horse, even if im completely wrong about which horse which i dont believe i am, it had to be a site issue since i have none involving ANY horse.. i looked again this morning and triple checked every page as well, and i also have proof of trades going missing.

my email has this:

help@chickensmoothie.com
Aug 13 at 10:55 PM

To (me)

Hello kaylin540,

You have received a new private message from "Scourge_Star" to your account
on "Chicken Smoothie" with the following subject:

Scourge_Star has cancelled your trade offer

i have no trades history with scourge_star on my account. and no message for it in my inbox. proof of that can be sent over a gyazo link if people are curious.

so if it can happen once..?
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 am

If that happened a long time ago, then the PM must've already been deleted due to the PM folder capacity limit. Searching your trade history for a user only looks at current usernames, not any previous usernames, so it sounds like that user changed their username. (And you probably already know that emails cannot be changed once they're sent, so the email displays their username at the time of cancellation)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:17 am

nickjr wrote:If that happened a long time ago, then the PM must've already been deleted due to the PM folder capacity limit. Searching your trade history for a user only looks at current usernames, not any previous usernames, so it sounds like that user changed their username. (And you probably already know that emails cannot be changed once they're sent, so the email displays their username at the time of cancellation)

it happened on the 13th though.

*edit: i also have no trades in my history with a user who is unaccounted for who could be them with another name
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:24 am

kaylin540 wrote:
Kayoubi wrote:[list][size=85] somehow got sent to the pound because the pounding of a pet leaves no traces. however, i just tried right now and i cant find any button anywhere to pound a pet so i dont know how i would have done it since i cant figure out how to right now.

When pets go to the pound, there is always a trade with the user "Pound" for it. There has never been a case where pets disappear or don't leave any trace. Nor has there ever been a way to not have a trade record. It's also really difficult to accidentally delete a pet because there's so many safeguards.
Usually when something like this happens, it's a cache issue on the user's computer where a wrong image is displayed.

If you think that it was further back than the 100 pages, you can send in a help ticket and someone can look farther back into your trade history.
The user you mentioned has changed their name. It is now Fluffy Pancakes so try a search in your trades for that user.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:33 am

Shian wrote:
kaylin540 wrote:
Kayoubi wrote:[list][size=85] somehow got sent to the pound because the pounding of a pet leaves no traces. however, i just tried right now and i cant find any button anywhere to pound a pet so i dont know how i would have done it since i cant figure out how to right now.

When pets go to the pound, there is always a trade with the user "Pound" for it. There has never been a case where pets disappear or don't leave any trace. Nor has there ever been a way to not have a trade record. It's also really difficult to accidentally delete a pet because there's so many safeguards.
Usually when something like this happens, it's a cache issue on the user's computer where a wrong image is displayed.

If you think that it was further back than the 100 pages, you can send in a help ticket and someone can look farther back into your trade history.
The user you mentioned has changed their name. It is now Fluffy Pancakes so try a search in your trades for that user.

mmk i didnt see a trade with fluffy pancakes, but when i directly searched the user i can find the trade now.

*Edit there still wasnt a horse in that tradee though.. lol. interesting idea there that the wrong image was displayed all this time.. that really is interesting. im gonna go back through my old pets and see if something i dont remember having is there
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:02 am

Yeah that's part of what I was trying to say: trades beyond the first 100 pages are still in the system, but you can't find them by just browsing. You have to specifically find an old trade by (speaking generally, not just for this case) either searching the other user's username in your trade history, going to a pet that you received from that trade that you still have and clicking to view the trade that the pet was involved in, or using a direct link to the trade (e.g. if the trade link was posted on the forums or you saved it somewhere).

Maybe you understood what I was trying to say the first time, but with your latest post I'm not 100% sure that you understood lol so I'm saying this again

Edit: or maybe my initial post was just too long lol seems like no one caught my thought that it sounds like a cache issue except maybe Shian but cache issues pop up often enough where Shian probably thought of it independently

Edit2: here's a recent example of what can happen when your cache gets corrupted and displays the wrong images: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3544294
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 am

nickjr wrote:
Edit2: here's a recent example of what can happen when your cache gets corrupted and displays the wrong images: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3544294

i just cleared my cache out and its still not showing me any difference in whether or not i have it, the rarity, etc. im kinda just thinking at this point im just out a pet.. i cant think of anything else to do.
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 am

We meant that you may have thought you had it because that's what your cache was displaying. It may have fixed itself so that would explain your "missing" pet. It was never there to begin with, just a wrong image file.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaylin540 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 am

Shian wrote:We meant that you may have thought you had it because that's what your cache was displaying. It may have fixed itself so that would explain your "missing" pet. It was never there to begin with, just a wrong image file.

yeah.. the only thing i can find that i dont remember having is this: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=18574026 which i just noticed so heh maybe thats it *shrugs* you guys are probably right, though its odd that ive had it for years and its only now fixed it, even though ive gone through like.. 4 computers XD
kaylin540

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me