oekaki help? ♥

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

oekaki help? ♥

Postby rainfall. » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:33 am

i'm just wondering how some people manage to get realllyyyyy smooth lines that get smaller and fade at the end. i'm not too sure how to explain it, but i hope at least one person understands what i mean?
something like this (screenshotted this from someone's drawing)

i use my computer & a mouse to draw, so all of that tablet pen pressure stuff won't do much for me, but i'm curious to know if there's anyway i could do it with a mouse. i'm still quite new to drawing on this site and it's still a little bit confusing rip ;-;
thank you for any help!! <33
rainfall.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: oekaki help? ♥

Postby Burrito Bunny » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 am

Those lines are typically made by pressure sensitive drawing tablets. For the best and easiest results, you will need one.

If you were to try and recreate them with a mouse, I would suggest using the smudge tool to drag the line out thinner. You could also attempt to use the soft eraser while adjusting the opacity to try and fade it.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: oekaki help? ♥

Postby rainfall. » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 am

Burrito Bunny wrote:Those lines are typically made by pressure sensitive drawing tablets. For the best and easiest results, you will need one.

If you were to try and recreate them with a mouse, I would suggest using the smudge tool to drag the line out thinner. You could also attempt to use the soft eraser while adjusting the opacity to try and fade it.

ah okay, thank you! <33
rainfall.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me