Option to turn off trades entirely for pet groups [12 Sup]

The board to ask questions, report problems, or post suggestions about the site, forum, or pets.

Re: Option to turn off trades entirely for pet groups [11 Su

Postby nickjr » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:12 am

qwertyuiop123 wrote:I'm just curious - I see people saying they don't want to flip through pages and pages of hoard pets. Couldn't you just lock the groups then? That way all the locked pets appear behind the pets in open trade groups. Or am I missing something?

I imagine this is usually sufficient, but I think that as time goes on and we get better pets, a lot of us end up also completely locking pets that we would like to trade but do not want offers on, especially if our wishlists include recent month pets and hoard pets that would make wishlist-locking the pets not a good idea.
My schedule is more erratic and cramped now than during the school year.

Do you have a pet dated December 18, any year, or December 24, 2011? It could be an older pet! CLICK ME to identify your pet!

Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived and actual IQ is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I will neither read nor speak between the lines.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EST (CS Time -5) |||| Extremely busy IRL
I have intentionally turned off signatures and PMs

Banner by Moonflight Image Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am

nickjr wrote:
qwertyuiop123 wrote:I'm just curious - I see people saying they don't want to flip through pages and pages of hoard pets. Couldn't you just lock the groups then? That way all the locked pets appear behind the pets in open trade groups. Or am I missing something?

I imagine this is usually sufficient, but I think that as time goes on and we get better pets, a lot of us end up also completely locking pets that we would like to trade but do not want offers on, especially if our wishlists include recent month pets and hoard pets that would make wishlist-locking the pets not a good idea.

^^^ Nick explains it pretty well
I have all but the groups Im sure Id like offers on locked, but I do consider other pets when trading with a person and its rather tedious if they have the whole of my 600+ cat collection on their wl. So that's 600+ listed in the 'on their wl' group that I don't ever want to trade and have to wade through to find things I might want to trade
Personally I've never figured out the 'pattern' that 'pets on their wl' takes when organizing the different groups, I've never looked into it very hard though either
Hanna | She/her/he/him/dude/whatever | Artist of many fandoms, including but not limited to:
Transformers, Warriors, FNAF, Undertale, Dr. Who, MLP, Maximum Ride, and to many other books and movies to name

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$
2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~ » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 pm

I support this, even though I wouldn't really need to use it since I'm
not a hoarder or have that many pets in general, mainly just
play to be on the forums, and don't have any locked groups,
I could see this being really useful for lots of people.
╔══════════════╗
ImageImageImageImage
Wanna talk? Need help? Send me a PM!
I love to chat, and quite friendly!

ImageImageImage
~ Artist in Training ~
Do you want your warrior cat name rated and even get prizes in return?
Then come on over to my Name Rater! ^-^

╚══════════════╝
~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems