Bump?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Bump?

Postby Finex_The_Bunny_Bear » Tue May 30, 2017 3:36 am

Hello, I am kinda new here. I have only been around a month or so. I just started playing around with the forums etc , but my problem is I have found myself, interesting in free pets. BUT, I don't understand the value of how and why to "Bump" I read, that it bumps the post up to the front page, but I don't understand how to properly do it?
Finex_The_Bunny_Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bump?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 am

To bump a post you can simply make a new post! It can literally anything (within the rules of course) but most people just pick very short phrases like "up" or "bump".

Bump stands for Bring Up My Post. And it does just that. By asking people to bump a topic, it makes it stay on the front page, which in turn makes it more likely that other people will see it.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bump?

Postby Birchii » Tue May 30, 2017 5:38 am

To add to what Burrito Bunny said, bumping a thread on the free pets forum is a nice gesture towards the user giving away the pets (if they don't require the bump), kinda like saying, "Thanks!", and sharing the ability to get free pets with others. Bumping also shows that you found that specific thread and are following the rules of the person giving away the pets, rather than just a random user asking for free pets.

There's another way to bump up threads. At the bottom of the thread page, there may be a 'bump topic' button, which is the 'official' way of bumping a thread, though can only be done if the topic isn't on the first page of its forum and if you were the last person to post/own the topic. Though if a free pets thread is asking you to bump, it's just asking for you to post saying 'bump' or something to that effect C:

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items