I Am Not 18+

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

I Am Not 18+

Postby .Toffee the Whippet. » Mon May 29, 2017 6:59 am

Okay, so I was looking for something to o since I just signed up for Chicken Smoothie, and I found a board called 18+ disccusion. I clicked on it (idek why) and it said something about being 18+ and only. Am I supposed to be able to access that because I am not 18 and yeah... I don't want my mom or dad to ban me from this site within the first week :cry:
.Toffee the Whippet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I Am Not 18+

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Mon May 29, 2017 8:12 pm

The 18+ board is visible to players who are not COPPA'd (Read more about COPPA here...basically just members over 13 or outside of the US). Like the rest of CS, it should not contain any R-Rated discussions; it's more of a board where older members, not necessarily adults, can discuss topics more fitting to their age group. c:
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 pm

The topics there are still child friendly, everything on site must stay PG. Topics there are just a more serious discussion most of the time.
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue May 30, 2017 2:49 am

You should see a giant pink box at the top of the 18+ board that explains that the forum is visible to all ages and there are no R-rated discussions :)

CS is targeted at kids, so in the General Discussion board, you probably won't find any discussion about college, mortgages, driving, etc. right? But many adults also play CS. The 18+ board gives anyone the chance to talk about topics that, while still family-friendly, aren't things that kids usually talk about.

That's the general idea. The 18+ board is also home to a lot of serious discussion and debates; you can find threads where people are seriously discussion religion and what religion means, for example.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Toffee the Whippet. » Tue May 30, 2017 3:49 am

Thanks everyone!
.Toffee the Whippet.