Adoptable Oekaki

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Adoptable Oekaki

Postby CloudedDiamond » Mon May 22, 2017 12:49 pm

How do people "adopt" the adoptable oekaki? Just a question! I'm just thinking of making one.
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adoptable Oekaki

Postby CloudedDiamond » Mon May 22, 2017 12:51 pm

Rose76000 wrote:How do people "adopt" the adoptable oekaki? Just a question! I'm just thinking of making one.

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faeyre » Mon May 22, 2017 12:54 pm

That really depends on the adoptable in question, but generally speaking, it's a character/pet you can use to create art of, write about, or roleplay with. Different people/different adopts have different rules, so you'd have to make sure before you adopt one what you can actually do with it.

They sort of work in the same way as CS does, but generally speaking on the adoptables people make on Oekaki, they're a one per person thing, so I guess it has the added bonus of only the owner can use that specific design, making it truly unique to them. You coukd probably find more info by looking around the board c:

adult | en/de | infp
heya, im fae. i like books,
video games & napping. i
just got back from haitus
so pls be gentle with me!

Faeyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Mon May 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Yiazeria wrote:That really depends on the adoptable in question, but generally speaking, it's a character/pet you can use to create art of, write about, or roleplay with. Different people/different adopts have different rules, so you'd have to make sure before you adopt one what you can actually do with it.

They sort of work in the same way as CS does, but generally speaking on the adoptables people make on Oekaki, they're a one per person thing, so I guess it has the added bonus of only the owner can use that specific design, making it truly unique to them. You coukd probably find more info by looking around the board c:

Any other answers?

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Mon May 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Yiazeria summed it up really well. Each adoptable has its own set of rules so there isn't any specific way to adopt. Most use a form, but what's included in that form is up to the owner. I'd highly suggest you look around at several adoptables ranging in popularity to get a good feel for how it all works.
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me