Ways to Rant

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Ways to Rant

Postby ~Rick Sanchez~ » Sun May 21, 2017 11:33 am

First off, please know that I do know there used to be a rant thread, and I cometely understand how frustrating that was to keep modded. I know there were so many people taking advantage of it and so many fights were started there. But I feel like having an outlet of some sort is good.

As humans we like to get confirmation from others that we are right, whether we actually are or arnt. Personally, I think its frustrating when someone who doesn't know what they are doing and is trying to tell you that you are wrong. I know I'd like to have somewhere were I can let out my frustration. True there are some who are just ignorant and don't really understand, but through the years, I have ran into a lot of people who just don't care what is technically deemed appropriate by fellow players on this site. And then you get scammers, or would be scammers, wo try to swindle pets and items off people without any hard work or extra time that others might have put into finding that pet. True these people have tested my patience, and sometimed would let my anger take control, and that was completely unfair on my part. I feel like my anger wasn't nearly as bad when we had the rant thread.

So I realize all of this is from a personal point of view and so might not be echoed by others. And if this is unreasonable and out of line feel free to close the thread. (Or if this is actually mentioned somewhere and I missed it. Seriously, I looked for anything that had to do with this. So if there is and I overlooked it, apologies.)

I myself am not planning on staying in the trading part of the site, sticking with rps and maybe trying my hand at art. This is strongly because of unfairness and ridiculousness I've encountered from those who don't play the game how its supposed to be played. I know that there's really no set rules trading wise (except the basic rules) but I feel like the players of CS have established their own rules, and (especially lately) a lot of people don't care. I'm not even talking about myself. There are people here who have been here for YEARS and have kind of established a basic principle for the game, and others have completely ignored them.

My proposition, and this might be a stretch so I'm sorry if its not doable, is that there are mods SPECIFICALLY chosen to mod the rant thread. That would be their main job. Maybe with stricter moderation we could avoid some of the unpleasentries.

This isn't to make any mods or users feel bad, mad, upset, frustrated, whatever. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I just know personally a rant thread was helpful.

If no one else feels like this way, I apologize and ignore me

Thanks for your time
Free pets! First come first serve
~Rick Sanchez~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ways to Rant

Postby Aliria » Sun May 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I feel like there's really no way to make a rant thread 'nice' enough to be permitted on the site. Even with lots of moderation to stop things like mentioning usernames, people still will see, 'Oh look the person I just sent a trade to wrote something really mean on the rant thread that applies perfectly to my trade." It's just too much negativity, no matter what.

If you really need somewhere to rant, I'm pretty sure there's a few tumblr blogs where people rant about CS stuff, however I don't know the usernames because I avoid them a lot, and I don't think I'd be permitted to post links even if I did. You can also write down your rant in a notebook or something - other users won't see it, but it still can feel good to get the feelings down, or talk to a friend about it.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Sun May 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Kalopsian pretty much hit the nail on the head, there is also the additional issue that there's no way mods could be hired just for a rant thread - it's too much work for a single thread.

I don't know what specifically you're talking about with these unwritten rules, but perhaps if you see someone who is doing something that goes against common etiquette you can (calmly and politely!) explain to them? It may just be that there are rules of courtesy here that they're unfamiliar and unaware of and wouldn't object to you showing them how things are usually done around here. (:

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 am

You can always ask for comfort in the Comfort Corner thread, you can even mention that you're annoyed or unhappy. It's a better way to express what you're feeling at that moment, than to hurt feelings by ranting.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Horologium » Mon May 22, 2017 3:52 pm

I know some other sites, and communities within other sites that allow people to rant, PM me for details.
Horologium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue May 23, 2017 4:42 am

I follow a few CS rant blogs on Tumblr, which are helpful to vent on from time to time. You can find them (and other various CS blogs/posts) by searching #chicken smoothie in the search box.
    I wouldn't mind a rant thread on here either, but I can see the problems with it.
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo