Suggestion for the pound event [If continued next year]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion for the pound event [If continued next year]

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 am

To reiterate this would be for the pound EVENTS only. The normal pound may be tricky but even I, on a slow mobile, manage to snag rares there.
This suggestion is directed more at the chaotic (but fun) 100/200k events, where eveything is even faster and harder to catch if your even the tiniest bit slower. That's why I like the second option better, a limit during the event would allow fast players to get their fill of rares+ during the beginning, but as they hit the limit it would allow players with slower connection a chance.

Main Suggestion
[Edit/Update April 10, 2018 -
I still think something like this needs added for events like this in the future. I love it but it does seem many players consistently get the 'good' pets.
To make it simple what this is suggesting, if it is possible to implement:
When you manage to snag a rare+ from future pound events either a larger amount of wait time will be administered [Ei: Rare - Wait 1 hour. Very Rare - Wait 5 hours] if possible this would only affect that rarity and above [So it would still be possible to adopt uncommon and under] Second option seems more fair and allows for lesser rarity pets to still be adopted

OR
A limit is placed on the number of Rare, VR, and OMGSR you can adopt during the event [Ei: 10 rares, 5 VR, 1 OMGSR].
Uncommon and under wouldn't be affected if possible.
You'd would still be able to adopt lesser rarities after the rarity limit is reached
So if you get a VR, you'd still be able to get rares, and if you get the rare limit you'd still be able to get uncommon and under. If you reached the limit for that rarity, pets with that rarity would get something like a 'Unavailable' tag.

At the moment the second option sounds better, that way as the event goes on players with slower internet would have a better shot at snagging a rare or two
Hopefully this makes sense still!
End Edit/update]

[Bumping for this event. There's still people getting rares+ consistently while many can't get any at all. May be a bit outdated but the same principle still stands. Bigger time limit for rare+ pets]

I don't know how easy it would be, but I think it would make a lot of people happier if instead of the regular time limit, you put a limit like this
as a very rough example:
Very Rare/OMGSR (Never seen one of them in the pound though) - 1
Rare - 3(?)
Uncommon - 10(?)
Common and under - Unlimited?

And this would reset for you after 15-30 minutes
This would allow more people to get VR and R pets, especially for this event, and keep people with super fast internet from getting large quantities of rare or even list pets

Since the event is over now here's a modified example (of course the old obey could be kept in mind for any future pound giveaways)

1 VR/OMGSR adoption would have you wait a day, or maybe two, before you could adopt another
1 R would have a 12 hour cooldown
Uncommons might not need a cooldown at all? There are some high called Uncommons (warriors) so maybe? might be a bit much though. In case of another event it might be better implemented though
Last edited by Eaglespirit on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion for the pound event

Postby αηgεℓ ∂υsт » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 am

I actually like this idea, as I've only found one list I got and another that i missed. But I wont complain xD I guess I cant always get what I want

Rest in peace, Frost. I miss you
αηgεℓ ∂υsт

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:26 am

Im usually pretty decent at the pound, getting a rare+ about once a week.
And although I have gotten a few good pets I've haven't managed to snag a rare tete
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Estella Noire » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 am

What strategy do you guys use?

Only got 1 rare from the pound in my entire time on CS from 2011! Clearly I'm doing it wrong haha :P
Estella Noire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:42 am

I just wait until its about to open and refresh a lot, then hope I pick I good pet quick enough (Really hard right now xD, especially since Im on a rather slow phone)
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 am

xxxxxRestating OP before I make any reply, as it confused me a tad. Your suggestion is to code for each account to be able to adopt [insert number or unlimited, as your post states] of X rarity every, say, 15 minutes? How would this work? The same number of pets would still appear on each Pound refresh. This would actually exacerbate the general "quick internet people grabbing pets" issue, as they would be able to grab more pets than anyone else within that time period. Additionally, it isn't just quick internet. The pets in each refresh are random anyway; quick internet does not cause more rare+ adoption, even if there is a correlation
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wiske » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 am

Actually I don't disagree with this idea. I see a lot of people right now who didn't get any rare, and also a lot of people who already have 2 very rares, 5 rares and so on. Maybe it's just luck, but I think it would be a lot better if 5 players are happy with 1 rare instead of 1 player reaaaallly happy with 5.
It's not that I think those player wíth luck don't deserve it, but just that I think that with this idea more different players will be able to get rares.
Wiske

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:19 am

@Acacelepsy
I have no idea how much code it would take, I know practically nothing about that.

And you are just confusing me, how would this make it easier for people to get rares? there are some who constantly get rares or high value pets, and a time limit fir that would prevent them grabbing more for the next several openings, the time I put was just an example.
Internet does have some factor, since even if a rare pops up if you can't click it fast enough or your internet is slow someone may have already grabbed it
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 am

Eaglespirit wrote:@Acacelepsy
I have no idea how much code it would take, I know practically nothing about that.

And you are just confusing me, how would this make it easier for people to get rares? there are some who constantly get rares or high value pets, and a time limit fir that would prevent them grabbing more for the next several openings, the time I put was just an example.
Internet does have some factor, since even if a rare pops up if you can't click it fast enough or your internet is slow someone may have already grabbed it

xxxxxI also don't know much about the code needed, no worries. And nah, that is more for the pets below the rare rarity (if, as the OP said, accounts can adopt, say, 10, or unlimited number of those). I should also clarify that I took their suggestion to mean that within the same Pound refresh group, you can grab multiple pets
xxxxxMy apologies for any confusion ^.^
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 am

@wiske Exactly
I see alot of people either getting lots or getting none ( of course there are some inbetween but the majority seem on one end or the other)
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist