Automatic replies for COPPA players, for the forms.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Automatic replies for COPPA players, for the forms.

Postby rainbowwrowell » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:57 am

Some topics require bumping. But COPPA'D players can't. If automatic messages are added just something like,"Bump! Have a great day everyone!" Or "Bump! <33" maybe more then one option. But of course I only mean for the CS trades group. Please consider this and if any ideas to add onto this can be added feel free too! Have a great day from your friend, Webbie <33
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Automatic replies for COPPA players, for the forms.

Postby Shinryu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 am

I'll have to admit that I don't see this as necessary for the site.
    Bumping someone else's trade topic is basically doing them a favor. It's the thread owner's job to keep the topic on the first page. Since you are only allowed to bump your thread once it falls off the first page, having others bump it instead is a nice way to keep it on top of the board index without constantly paying attention yourself.
    But posting bumps is really not that vital that CS needs to implement it as a function for COPPA players. There'll be enough regular users who can do it, it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not COPPA users can.

I'd much rather have people just respect the fact that a COPPA can't bump their thread, since it's not the end of the world^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowwrowell » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 am

I was just thinking that they may feel quite excluded, knowing a few friends who quit because of it. I understand what you mean and respect your opinion. Here is just what my other friend has to say.

Wishes to keep privacy.

As my friend says, some coppa players feel excluded. Especially me. I really wanted to post in form. But I didn't wanna lie about my age. But thanks for reading and hopefully understanding.
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 am

No support. COPPA exists because of a law. CS could get in trouble for breaking that.
They are not missing out by not being able to bump.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:35 pm

As stated, COPPA protection is in place for US users under the age of 13 because it is a US law that CS has to obey. If COPPA users would like to post on the forums they can get permission from their parent/guardian and have a permission slip sent in. The link for the permission slip is here: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... onslip.php
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowwrowell » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I never knew the US has a law because if just posting online. I'm Irish so I didn't knew it was a US law. Thanks for the reply.

Should I lock this form now?
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby :-( » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 pm

*What about "quitting" threads or "free adoptions" threads? Mostly they would ask people to bump, right?
:-(

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowwrowell » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:39 pm

ZΕL wrote:
    I'll have to admit that I don't see this as necessary for the site.
    Bumping someone else's trade topic is basically doing them a favor. It's the thread owner's job to keep the topic on the first page. Since you are only allowed to bump your thread once it falls off the first page, having others bump it instead is a nice way to keep it on top of the board index without constantly paying attention yourself.
    But posting bumps is really not that vital that CS needs to implement it as a function for COPPA players. There'll be enough regular users who can do it, it doesn't make much of a difference whether or not COPPA users can.

I'd much rather have people just respect the fact that a COPPA can't bump their thread, since it's not the end of the world^^

As ZEL said, other users can. But it's a law they can't so they can't I guess.
he/they/it
rainbowwrowell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Yes, a lot of users ask people to bump their threads, especially on the free adoptions board.
    To address this, one of the pre-written messages COPPA players can send with trades says "I saw your post saying that you were giving away free stuff, so can I please have this? I can't add codewords or post in the forum, sorry" - explicitly mentioning that they can't follow rules like these due to the restrictions.
    (Even without the message, checking to see if a user sending the trade is COPPA'd is no more difficult than checking to see if someone bumped the thread. Easier, actually.)

Things like these pre-written trade messages and the ability to post dress-ups and Oekaki drawings are things that were added to improve the site experience for COPPA users.
    (Since COPPA is designed to protect their privacy, however, staff need to check each of those posts first and manually approve them. Doing this for every single board is not possible due to the sheer amount of work it would be.)

Bumping someone's thread, on the other hand, isn't something that improves the game for COPPA users. It'd be solely for the convenience of the other person.
    People who run those threads have to respect the restrictions. There will always be enough non-COPPA players bumping.
    Preventing COPPA users from adopting just because they quite literally are unable to bump a thread is pretty unfair.

PS: There's a guide on what COPPA players can and cannot do here^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me