Should I hoard?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should I hoard?

Postby PixelChan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 am

Hi, I have only been keeping 1 of kind of pet, but I realize a lot of people seem to hoard more than 1. Is there anything wrong with this?
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Should I hoard?

Postby Shian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:32 am

Your collection is whatever you want. You shouldn't hoard just because other people do, but because you want to.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:53 pm

There's nothing wrong with hoarding pets, no^^
    Like Shian said, it's your decision what to do with your collection. Nobody can tell you what pets to collect and how many of them, so if you want to keep more than one, go for it! Even the site owner, Tess, has a hoard of her own. Players are highly encouraged to pursue their own goals.
    A lot of us do hoard, for all kinds of reasons. Some like the challenge, other users want something to keep them busy while or after finishing their collection, and sometimes it just seems nice to collect multiples of a pet you really like.
    Here is a little guide on hoarding, if you'd like to know a bit more about what it is c:

There will be people you come across who do not support hoarding, and don't want to trade people pets that they hoard. That can feel discouraging, but remember that just as you have the right to collect however you want, others have a right to decide who they want to trade with, and who not. So if you find someone who doesn't support hoards, try not to mind it, and just move on to trading with someone who doesn't have a problem with it.
    And remember, there's always a flip side to each coin - there's many, many people who are very supportive of hoards and glad to help a hoarder out.
    This thread may be interesting if you're looking to start or learn about hoarding.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 am

ZΕL wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with hoarding pets, no^^
    Like Shian said, it's your decision what to do with your collection. Nobody can tell you what pets to collect and how many of them, so if you want to keep more than one, go for it! Even the site owner, Tess, has a hoard of her own. Players are highly encouraged to pursue their own goals.
    A lot of us do hoard, for all kinds of reasons. Some like the challenge, other users want something to keep them busy while or after finishing their collection, and sometimes it just seems nice to collect multiples of a pet you really like.
    Here is a little guide on hoarding, if you'd like to know a bit more about what it is c:

There will be people you come across who do not support hoarding, and don't want to trade people pets that they hoard. That can feel discouraging, but remember that just as you have the right to collect however you want, others have a right to decide who they want to trade with, and who not. So if you find someone who doesn't support hoards, try not to mind it, and just move on to trading with someone who doesn't have a problem with it.
    And remember, there's always a flip side to each coin - there's many, many people who are very supportive of hoards and glad to help a hoarder out.
    This thread may be interesting if you're looking to start or learn about hoarding.

Thx!
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PixelChan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 am

Shian wrote:Your collection is whatever you want. You shouldn't hoard just because other people do, but because you want to.

Thank you :)
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me