[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: [Suggestion] Mark store pets as store pets

Postby arabella !! » Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 am

The marker idea sounds very duable. :)

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed May 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Support

At first I thought this wasn't necessary but soon found out I has trouble disguishing between fancy normal pets and store pets that I wasn't familiar with.

And as a side note, I really don't understand why store pets aren't released again in some way. Couldn't they have a sort of Dec. 18th 'Surprise Box', where users have the opportunity to purchase a single mystery store pet or a whole pack (I believe some had different prices so it might need a disclaimer of sorts saying 'Price will vary between **C$ and **C$', so the price would be the same as it was when first released.) maybe Im just being stupid and not seeing something but this seems logical to me
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed May 31, 2017 2:19 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:Support

At first I thought this wasn't necessary but soon found out I has trouble disguishing between fancy normal pets and store pets that I wasn't familiar with.

And as a side note, I really don't understand why store pets aren't released again in some way. Couldn't they have a sort of Dec. 18th 'Surprise Box', where users have the opportunity to purchase a single mystery store pet or a whole pack (I believe some had different prices so it might need a disclaimer of sorts saying 'Price will vary between **C$ and **C$', so the price would be the same as it was when first released.) maybe Im just being stupid and not seeing something but this seems logical to me

So all of the possible suggestions we've went through have some sort of flaw, whether it's a fundamental flaw or just a characteristic that isn't suitable for CS.

Your suggestion, for example, is too close to gambling with currency that comes from real life money. This isn't something that would be good on a site that's aimed at kids ^^;;

Another suggestion is to release nearly unobtainable store pets, like the Skelebun, in limited quantities, but then we run into the issue of deciding who gets the chance to have those limited store pets. There's also the issue of how to price those pets.

You can find more on this in the second post of this thread ^^ Starting about halfway in the second post, you should see "VERSION 1
Original thread title: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet" (not crossed out)

In addition to all of this, Nick has answered recently via help ticket that there are no plans to rerelease store pets, and Tess said the same thing in the past. And Tess has also stated in the past that store pets weren't intended to be part of the same collection as non-store pets. Another post. Unfortunately, I think most people don't know about this (I forgot about it myself), so the community currently considers store pets to be part of a complete collection.

The "separate archives" poll option is actually from the spirit of what Tess said once someone posted about it here
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed May 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Hm...
I'll try to read the second post sometime, but another idea occurred to me as I was reading.
That there could be a TINY chance of either adopting them in the normal adoption every month (like the Zebras), or a similarly tiny chance of finding an 'Easter egg' on the site.
They don't do the second thing except for events that I know of but I used to play neopets, and on there there was always a time chance of stumbling onto some rare item while browsing the site.

Whatever ends up being done or not done there's probably always going to be unhappy people :/
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed May 31, 2017 2:51 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:Hm...
I'll try to read the second post sometime, but another idea occurred to me as I was reading.
That there could be a TINY chance of either adopting them in the normal adoption every month (like the Zebras), or a similarly tiny chance of finding an 'Easter egg' on the site.
They don't do the second thing except for events that I know of but I used to play neopets, and on there there was always a time chance of stumbling onto some rare item while browsing the site.

Whatever ends up being done or not done there's probably always going to be unhappy people :/

The problem with any method where users can get them for free is that it's not fair to those who paid OTL which... is a big no-no lol

Yeah, but the problem here is that I don't think there even is an option where a real minority of people would be upset. All of the suggestions would have a lot of people upset. If there were an option where a real minority of people would be upset, then we'd be talking, but I don't think there is.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Wed May 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Its kind of a shame

A solution would be nice
And isn't it not really gambling if you know you are getting something at least worth what you paid?
I mean, its not hard to resell store pets for their original value or above.
Real gambling you have a very high chance of never getting it back, this would be a guaranteed output
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed May 31, 2017 3:29 pm

Hmm, maybe gambling isn't the right word to use here. I'm not sure what the official definition of gambling is. But here it's used to mean paying for something you're not sure about. So you have a chance to pay for something that you didn't want, regardless of how much value you got for what you paid. And then the paid value itself is also an issue: any original price is unfair to the buyers who bought the pet originally, a price between the original price and the market price today is unfair to people on either side of the store pet market, a price at the market price is logical but then you run into the issue of how to actually determine who can get the pets (because unlimited purchases at market price--aka an affordable price--would destroy the value of the pets), a price above the market price is sorta logical but then you run into the issue of actually getting people to drop that much money for the pet...

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:26 am

Affordability is relative I think, some people can get C$ more regularly than others.
I've only been on since the end of Jan, and got super excited when I made my first 10. But recently I passed 1000 (And bought one of my dreamies, the UR Bengal)
And I've seen some people who want nothing to do with C$ (Which is fine).
Of course with just about any solution there'd have to be a limit (Dec 18th is like 3-5 isn't it?) 2-3 maybe for these.

And your alternate 'gambling' explanation doesn't make sense to me, unless someone was really little and didn't understand (Their parents probably shouldn't be letting them buy and spend C$ then) people would know the options of what they're getting, I know some of the horse or rat store pets might be less desired, but they're still good quality and by no means a waste of money if they didnt necessarily want that particular pet. And it would have a good chance of making good fodder to trade for one they DID want.

Btw thanks for not being mean or rude about this, Im just trying to understand and debate
Currently Collecting:
2013 - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 am

I want the marker to be similar to PPS but different. not like write "Store" right on the pet. why not a small image by the name of the pet? like a "$" or "C$" sign or a star or a red asterisk or something like that
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am

Small bump. I was wondering if this is still being considered at all?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups