Suggestion: Pound Pet Messages

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Suggestion: Pound Pet Messages

Postby InsidiousFlair » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:14 am

Okay, pardon how pitiful this might seem but:

Perhaps remove the messages 'sent' by pound pets when you trade them away? Or make an option, possibly, to turn those messages off.
They may seem silly or like they can't be a big deal, but frankly, they're really a bit upsetting. Owning multiple pets myself, even considering the idea of abandonment - even for fictional pets, just drawings on a website- can be damaging. Especially like right now, when I have been going through an insane amount of pain following a breakup. Trading away a pound pet without realizing it, but not really wanting it anymore, and receiving that message and knowing what it is really just hurt. It shouldn't have hurt, given that this is only a game, but it can be somewhat damaging if someone is already in a bad spot for it to come up.

Hello, I'm Rose! I am also sometimes called Red.
Feel free to refer to me as either, or my user.
I love to roleplay, but I am rather busy. <3 <3

(FIRE-)───────────
BLOW A KISS)───────────────
─────────────(TO THE CROWD-

|Gryffindor|Neutral good|INFP|Scorpio|She/her|
|D&D - Bard|Dancing|Singing|Likes bread|<3|
|I'm in love with the way the fire dances|

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Warriors RP // music: // link
link // link // ©

InsidiousFlair

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion: Pound Pet Messages

Postby Silverstar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 am

You can set up a PM folder rule to automatically delete those messages.

To do this, go to your PM inbox and then select the tab on the bottom left that says "Rules, folders, and settings":
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options

Then where it says "Add new rule" select from the drop down box and click "Next" after each correct word so you can create a rule that says

"If Sender > is user > Pound > delete message."

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nolan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 am

The pound doesn't send those messages, though. They come from your account. You could make it so if the subject is A Message From Your Pet (or whatever the exact wording is) that it gets automatically deleted, or just have it if you're the sender it gets auto-deleted.
Nolan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:08 pm

I agree with InsidiousFlair, but for different reasons.

I'm not sure why those pound-pet messages exist; they do almost seem like they are just meant to upset at first glance.
I think maybe it was meant to give pets a little bit more 'life' in a way and make the site a little more personal or perhaps it was meant to be a cute little gimmick.

Anyhow, I can say it's slightly annoying that we can't simply turn them off somewhere. An easy button or option at the bottom of said messages would be nice. Such as an "unsubscribe" option in emails, for example.

I'm an avid trader and every time I receive such message, I just think to myself,
"Wow, I am old enough to understand what I am doing by trading this pet. I'm "X" years old, and I'm receiving fake messages from a virtual pound-adopted pet, because I traded it away on a trading site."

I think it's silly we can't just flip a little switch and turn them off; I feel like they are unnecessary...

So great suggestion, InsidiousFlair. :)
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
╔════════════════════╗

╚════════════════════╝
⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒

ImageImage

⇐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⇒
Magen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:39 pm

This has been suggested numerous times, use the search function. I'd link but I'm on mobile, staff have said this won't be removed.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:04 am

I still support the original intention of the pound: Tess stated long ago that that the pound is not the be used as a "rares farm" and is instead "Give some lonely pets a new home." It's a nice thought to me and was great back when this website was small and we all still had art of our dreamies in our sigs because there was no wishlist feature yet.

It sounds ridiculous but I like the message that alerts me if I ever accidentally try to trade one away. I keep every pound pet I take because I don't want to use the pound to simply fluff up my trade folder.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:48 am

Shian wrote:I still support the original intention of the pound: Tess stated long ago that that the pound is not the be used as a "rares farm" and is instead "Give some lonely pets a new home." It's a nice thought to me and was great back when this website was small and we all still had art of our dreamies in our sigs because there was no wishlist feature yet.

It sounds ridiculous but I like the message that alerts me if I ever accidentally try to trade one away. I keep every pound pet I take because I don't want to use the pound to simply fluff up my trade folder.

Wasn't there a sentence or two on the Pound page years ago that encouraged the original intention of the Pound? Or maybe my wishful thinking is affecting my memories lol but if it existed, then I miss it; if it never existed, I wish it'd be added. It's really a pity that the intentions don't matter much now :( With that in mind, I think the message is a fine compromise: nothing will happen to your account if you trade away a Pound pet, but we really wish you wouldn't. And if you're determined to ignore those messages, then you go out of your way to set up PM rules. That seems fine to me.

And this isn't just a trading site. At its core, CS is a pet adoptable site. You adopt pets. CS is a site where you adopt pets. That's what CS is. Trading is just another feature so you can get more pets.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:59 am

It did have a message that was something to the effect of "give these pets a good home because they were abused and taken from banned players. This place is not a rares farm." I'll see if I can track down that message, but it did exist. Here's a super old thread talking about it. XD Of course that's not the sentiment anymore, but it was at one point in time.
Last edited by Shian on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby relientcola » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:07 pm

wow i had no clue that that was the original intention for the pound???

tho i have to agree that these messages can be really sad. sometimes when people are grieving over lost pets its not the best message to see and they do seem to be a guilt trip
relientcola

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Shiiiaaan you're making me feel old when I'm not that old -huffs dramatically-

@relientcola yeah, aside from the name "Pound" there's not really any indication of the intention of the Pound. To most users who are unaware, the Pound probably just looks like CS's version of a junkyard location or a place for free pets or a restock place or something
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me