'Featured Dressups' Suggestion - 50+ Supporters!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes
78%
No
6%
Maybe
15%

Total votes : 93

'Featured Dressups' Suggestion - 50+ Supporters!

Postby Tsar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:55 am

Recently I thought of a good idea: just as the staff picks drawings from the Oekaki boards to feature each week, it would be really nice if there was also a "Featured Dressups" widget on the homepage which displayed several dressups from the current challenge(s). Some people don't have much artistic talent *cough*me*cough* or just generally aren't interested in Oekaki, and many users can make very creative dressups so I think it would be cool if those people still had a chance to be in the spotlight.
Last edited by Tsar on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 'Featured Dressups' Suggestion

Postby Aliria » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 am

This could be kinda cool, but if you look at the page for a dressup challenge, there's already a section for the most popular dressups, so I don't think this is really necessary.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:58 am

Aliria wrote:This could be kinda cool, but if you look at the page for a dressup challenge, there's already a section for the most popular dressups, so I don't think this is really necessary.

Yes, but there's also the "Popular this week" and "Most popular of all time" oekaki boards.
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:08 pm

i've thought of this idea before, and i like it. i do have two concerns:

- it would probably mean having to reformat the entire front page. maybe, to make reformatting the front easier, the "featured dressups" widget would replace the one which says "join the dressups challenge"? or the "latest posts" widget could become smaller. i'm sure it's possible, it just might be a bit of work. another solution would be combining the featured artwork and dressups widgets but i think it'd be nicer to have them separate.

- another issue is the size of the "dressup window" (an unofficial term i just coined)- some animals have smaller space that you can fill with items, meanwhile, other animals have a larger area that you can fill with items. meaning that unlike the oekaki, dressups can be different sizes. to solve this, we could resize the all the dressups to the same size, but i'm not sure if these "dress up windows" are all in equal proportions, either- meaning that if they aren't in equal proportions, when we resize them to the same size, some animals might appear stretched or distorted.

does that make sense? i can elaborate if necessary.

anyway, if it's possible, i support it. (:

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:24 pm

peppa wrote:i've thought of this idea before, and i like it. i do have two concerns:

- it would probably mean having to reformat the entire front page. maybe, to make reformatting the front easier, the "featured dressups" widget would replace the one which says "join the dressups challenge"? or the "latest posts" widget could become smaller. i'm sure it's possible, it just might be a bit of work. another solution would be combining the featured artwork and dressups widgets but i think it'd be nicer to have them separate.

- another issue is the size of the "dressup window" (an unofficial term i just coined)- some animals have smaller space that you can fill with items, meanwhile, other animals have a larger area that you can fill with items. meaning that unlike the oekaki, dressups can be different sizes. to solve this, we could resize the all the dressups to the same size, but i'm not sure if these "dress up windows" are all in equal proportions, either- meaning that if they aren't in equal proportions, when we resize them to the same size, some animals might appear stretched or distorted.

does that make sense? i can elaborate if necessary.

anyway, if it's possible, i support it. (:

a) I thought of this, and if the "Featured Dressups" widget was put, say, underneath the Featured Drawings, it would probably just mean the Site News widget would become longer to line up with the column beside it.

b) This does seem like it might be a problem. Maybe the dressups in the "dressup window" could all be resized to a certain width to fit in the widget, but their height would stay in proportion with the width. Basically the images would all be the same width, but they might have different heights; that way the images wouldn't look stretched. Does that make sense?
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:35 pm

Tsar wrote:b) This does seem like it might be a problem. Maybe the dressups in the "dressup window" could all be resized to a certain width to fit in the widget, but their height would stay in proportion with the width. Basically the images would all be the same width, but they might have different heights; that way the images wouldn't look stretched. Does that make sense?

that makes sense. so, would the widget be the height of the tallest dressup, and if a shorter dressup appeared there would be more background space? (edit) or do you have another idea to accommodate for the change in height? i think a widget that changes in height would not be so appealing, which is why i think it'd be best if it were the height of the tallest dressup. does that make sense? just ideas.

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:41 pm

peppa wrote:that makes sense. so, would the widget be the height of the tallest dressup, and if a shorter dressup appeared there would be more background space?

Yup, that's what I was thinking.
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:41 pm

This would be neat if possible.