Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby kee; » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:
RedGem3 wrote:I get where you're coming from and I understand that it could make it easier- but like others have said, it's already balanced- and to introduce another rarity might just confuse things, especially as they were introduced slowly and to add another one randomly would just change the way things have been going for ages. I totally get what you mean though :)

It probably would cause a bit of confusion at first, but other rarities have been added in the past (OMG so common was not one of the original rarities). I think that once the initial confusion settled it would actually end up being less confusing, because it would give people a better idea of just how rare their pets are. I think that would help a lot with trading older, very rare pets.

This is what I've been trying to say as well. Once something new is added, or in other words a change is made, adjustment doesn't happen instantly. The community would need adapt to the new rarity tag added, but eventually everyone would. Would it be confusing at first? Sure, it's new and it's different. But as musicgurl said, in the long run it would clear up how rare certain pets are since it's difficult to tell now which very rares are rarer than others without doing s kot of research into when they changed from rare, etc. Having another rarity tag would be extremely helpful for rares list trading in particular, mainly because those are the types of pets that would likely be affected.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Imabox wrote:
The main reason people are wanting it is because it's actually not balanced as shown by a few people in the discussion.
Here's one that I found from nickjr:
"a pet is OMGSR if there is fewer than 1 pet per 1000 users
a pet is VR if there is 1 pet per 500-1000 users
a pet is R is there is 1 pet per 250-499 users"

The gap between a pet being a VR and a pet being a OMGSR is just much bigger than the other gaps which is why something like the Skelebun going from VR to OMGSR was such a big thing.

My apologies, I made up those numbers for illustration purposes to address a completely different point (implementation method and how it would leave literally every other rarity unchanged; at the time, I wasn't thinking at all about the size of the gap).

That being said, I do agree with what you said, because as far as we know, the gap IS huge. Super outdated post, but I suspect that the gap is still huge. Just... not based on the numbers I conjured out of thin air lol

It makes sense that OMGSR would have such a low pet-to-user ratio, so I have no issue with that, but dang, the expanse that's covered by VR......
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 pm

@nickjr whoops XD sorry! I haven't been paying too much attention to this thread so I had no idea they were just made up numbers. Thanks for clarifying that for me! Although as you mentioned the point still stands there is still a pretty big gap between the rarities.
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:
RedGem3 wrote:I get where you're coming from and I understand that it could make it easier- but like others have said, it's already balanced- and to introduce another rarity might just confuse things, especially as they were introduced slowly and to add another one randomly would just change the way things have been going for ages. I totally get what you mean though :)

It probably would cause a bit of confusion at first, but other rarities have been added in the past (OMG so common was not one of the original rarities). I think that once the initial confusion settled it would actually end up being less confusing, because it would give people a better idea of just how rare their pets are. I think that would help a lot with trading older, very rare pets.

I'm not really sure how much confusion there would be since all it would be doing was clarifying which of the VRs are closer to Rare & which closer to OMGSR. Basically I envision a line right down the middle of what currently counts as a VR, with the higher VRs becoming the new rarity & the lower ones remaining VR. I personally don't think any of the other rarities should be affected. I think it would help a lot with trading rarer pets & possibly even help stop some of the scamming & ninja trading that goes on - people could see at a glance that, rarity wise at least, their extremely rare/super rare/whatever the new rarity was called pet was worth more than the last month VR store pet being offered

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChocolateKittens » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I support for the same reasons listed above. YEs, it will be confusing at first, I can't see why it would hurt in the long run.

And besides, it would stop make trading easier if people knew why the Joker was worth so much more that the other two VR dogs from tat month, which are much more common.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ChocolateKittens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Just bumping this back to the front page.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:14 pm

bumping back to front page

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:09 am

I support this!
I dream for this really long time... i hope that we will finally to get it <3
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 am

Maintenance bump.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Bumping to first page

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me