Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 am

nickjr wrote:I like the stars system! A lot of mobile phone games I play also use a star system like that to denote strength or rarity, where a low number of stars means common/not strong and a high number means rare/strong.

Although one thing to keep in mind is that players in those communities refer to the units with the star level ("I just got a 5*!") or with the associated word/phrase ("I just got an SSR!" where SSR stands for Super Super Rare lol this acronym is actually pretty common among the games I know...), so I could definitely see this happening on CS with newer users, where they're like "guys I don't know how to get a 5*" so that would be a cultural shift we might end up making, but in my opinion it's not too big of a deal

I don't see it being a big deal either. Honestly it would be a welcome change. Right now we already say OMGSR or VR and it's basically the same system but with words, and even more complicated I feel.
Stars make it more simple, and would be very appealing to the eye. We can even keep the colors, so a very common keeps its colors but only has this many stars of that color, where the OMGSR has all stars that are purple. Or something like that.

I just want another rarity between VR and OMGSR man, it would make things easier, and so would the star system.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:58 am

As someone who has been on here for years, and still has a hard time understanding the list, I feel this would help a lot. Most list pets are VR; so it's difficult to distinguish where they are on the list without looking at the thread every time. And yes, we have dates to go by as well, but also have to take releases into account.

I just feel like this is actually a really good idea to help players distinguish how much their pet is really worth.
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy.days » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:01 am

support, being new and all the list is almost impossible to be able to understand! there should definitely be a new system. the star system sounds amazing and it would be so much easier to understand!
────────────────────-──
lev ● he/they ● adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
────────────────────-──
aquatic biology major ● chemistry minor
aquarium science ● soccer ● trumpet
katie mcgrath ● melissa benoist
merlin ● supergirl ● ncis
taylor swift ● all time low ● juno lev
ricky montgomery ● peter mcpoland

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
coding credit
───────────────-──
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████ █
rainy.days

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 am

Perosnally, I don’t think the star system is really necessary, I think the system we have works fine as it is, though I wound t be opposed if a star system was used in place.
    Though if the system was changed, I would agree with what someone said above that the colors should stay the same as they are now so it’s still recognizable to the players who are used to looking for the colors.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:49 am

kee. wrote:
    Perosnally, I don’t think the star system is really necessary, I think the system we have works fine as it is, though I wound t be opposed if a star system was used in place.
    Though if the system was changed, I would agree with what someone said above that the colors should stay the same as they are now so it’s still recognizable to the players who are used to looking for the colors.

-kee

Well aside from the two colors that are too similar to each other, lol, and the addition of one or more colors for added rarities.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:40 am

bump. =)
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fierce Wings » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:28 am

*I thought of this idea before reading about the star system idea.

*Maybe they can add a new rarity term and color bar specifically for list pets. A lot of people have a hard time differentiating between regular very rares and list pets. For example: Let's say the regular very rares from the store and normal monthly outcome VRs like the August PPS stay very rare while the non OMGSR list pets get a new rarity bar to let people know that that pet is in fact a list pet. Maybe a white bar or like a goldish color to indicate value? It's unlikely that will happen with this particular litter but it's a cool idea for the staff to mull over for the future.

The star system sounds pretty cool, as well. It might help people a bit more who have a hard time learning the list. (Like me, and I've been here since 2010.). I like this idea more than the new rarity bar, honestly.
Brooke • Female• She/Her • Asperger's • Discord: stormie_nightz
Socially anxious and awkward Loves making friends
Anime and otome lover Fandoms live in my head rent free
Heterosexual Biromantic Autistic Extremely lonely
Fierce Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:55 am

@above- there wouldn’t ever be a rarity implemented for list pets. List pets are unofficial, the site lets us users make the list but they don’t officially back it. And the list shouldn’t be strict with specific pets having a certain bar because of being on the list. The list changes and is bound to change. Bars are based on rarity, not whether a pet is on the list.

What could help the list is another rarity between VR and OMGSR tho.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Saurian wrote:*I thought of this idea before reading about the star system idea.

*Maybe they can add a new rarity term and color bar specifically for list pets. A lot of people have a hard time differentiating between regular very rares and list pets. For example: Let's say the regular very rares from the store and normal monthly outcome VRs like the August PPS stay very rare while the non OMGSR list pets get a new rarity bar to let people know that that pet is in fact a list pet. Maybe a white bar or like a goldish color to indicate value? It's unlikely that will happen with this particular litter but it's a cool idea for the staff to mull over for the future.

The star system sounds pretty cool, as well. It might help people a bit more who have a hard time learning the list. (Like me, and I've been here since 2010.). I like this idea more than the new rarity bar, honestly.

I'd love any system that helps to differentiate between how rare pets in the VR and OMGSR groups especially actually are in relation to each other.

The problem is though the list is not official, the list is simply something made by a small amount of users that tells people how much overpay or underpay they should trade their pets for. Officially we know all OMGSRs are rarer than any VR as the rarity system shows us that, yet the list has some VRs valued at up to 6 OMGSRs.

CS has never said which VRs are worthy or unworthy of being on the list, that was decided by a small number of users. There are many non-list pets that we know are as rare as list pets based on when they turned VR, however they have never been put on the list. Unless we have a clearer picture of which end of the scale the VRs fall on, such as by splitting the VR tag, there is unfortunately actually no way to know whether pets that have always been VR, such as the August PPS, are as valuable as some of the list VR pets or not.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suatrone » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 am

Wouldn't it be more efficient to "rename" the rare/vr group instead of trying to find another name with rare?
EG:
now called rare = orange bar = then called very uncommon
now called vr / "less rare" vrs = red bar = than called rare
new group / rarer vrs = unknown coloured bar = then called very rare

Of course it will confuse people at first, but I think this way is easier since its totally possible that something is pretty uncommon, but just not uncommon enought to be called a rare. And thats something I saw at least on more recent rares. (You could also name the rarer VRs extreme rare & call omgsrs mythical after that - or rename omgs* in extremely, so extremely rare/common and add the mythical-rarity after that.)
He/Him - Penguin
Love for penguins - all the love!
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me