Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

lil rascal wrote:The rarity only list being created will deal with some of these issues but it would be nice if people could tell just by looking at the rarity of their pet that this New Rarity is worth more than a Very Rare but less than an OMGSR without even needing to look at a list, after all isn't that meant to be the whole point of having rarities, to tell at a glance which pets are rarer?

Splitting VR into two rarities would help people make informed trading choices based on rarity, if they then wanted to overpay based on demand it would be their choice.

Anyone's welcome to start their own suggestion thread to suggest more rarities but no other rarity has the trading problems that VR has so in my opinion it's VR that needs to be split. Honestly if the range currently is VR is 1 pet per 80 - 1000 users that's such a huge range compared to the other rarities that I could see an argument for it being split into more than just two rarities but I'd be happy with one extra.

Amen to everything you said in that post rascal, but especially to these bold points I made.

It’s insanely hard to tell which very rare is ‘rarer’ because it’s just so HUGE. Usually we go by dates, but the rarity archive shows that some pets that aren’t as old are more rare than ones that are, correct?

The whole thing we need to get back into this CS economy is people using their own minds and decisions, which another rarity could immensely help. Then they see, oh this pet is actually rarer than this one.
Another thing the rarity list will fix is the completely messed up idea that a very rare is worth more than an OMGSR, which still irks me to no end about the rares list, and another rarity would further help that by saying ‘no. That very rare is actually this next rarity, extra rare or whatever, and is worth more than this very rare.’

I also would totally be down with two rarities in between very rare and OMGSR, what with the difference being 8o to 1ooo.

I mean just look at this chart again.
Nick wrote: Right now the rarities are:

OMG so rare! (less than 1 pet per 1000 users)
Very rare (less than 1 pet per 80 users)
Rare (less than 1 pet per 25 users)
Uncommon (less than 1 pet per 5.5 users)
Common (less than 1 pet per 3 users)
Very common (more than 1 pet per 3 users)

Per 3. Per 5. 25. 8o. A few jumps but nothing that big. Then 1ooo. The jump from 25 to 8o is tolerable. But then 8o to 1ooo??
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers lol.

The most recent post I made was to more or less bounce ideas off of that other school of thought (multiple additional rarities) that seems to be at conflict with the first (one additional rarity/splitting VR).

I am personally not for adding any new rarities (whether it be one or multiple). My main reason for posting was to throw out some points that could be seen/utilized by either argument.

I personally don't think the topic should be changed to something more broad. I support a new rarity tag between VR and OMGSR. I don't support 14 rarity tags. I think it would make trading unnecessarily complicated. To me, they're totally different suggestions, even though they both deal with rarity tags.
      You're welcome to discuss it here but I'm not going to change the tread title & suggestion sorry as I personally don't think the lower rarities should be split for exactly the reasons mentioned by musicgurl333 and ElementalInsanity. The idea of splitting VR into two rarities is that the range of VR is so large, which makes it hard for players to work out which are the more valuable VRs to make a fair trade, no other rarity has quite the same issue.
      Anyone's welcome to start their own suggestion thread to suggest more rarities but no other rarity has the trading problems that VR has so in my opinion it's VR that needs to be split.

The reason why I'm not sure making another topic would be all that helpful is because it's already listed under Lacuna's active suggestions as "Change rarity system/add additional rarity types". I figured separating the topic into two topics would just get the other one locked/referred back to this thread. You don't have to change your original suggestion title/content if you don't want to (obviously), I just wanted to bring up that this thread is going to attract several different takes on the rarity system and that the active suggestions post has already broadened this thread to account for that.

I'll be back to lurking again but just wanted to throw that out there.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:09 am

@ Shy

No ruffled feathers here, I was just replying to some of the things you & others brought up, your thoughts and opinions are as welcome here as everyone elses :)

Thanks for linking to Laucuna's active suggestions list, I didn't realise this suggestion had been added, makes me more hopeful that the admins might actually consider the idea.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:32 pm

bumping to first page

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Bump
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:02 pm

bumping to first page

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm

bump-
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:20 pm

bump
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:55 am

I also think the gap between very commons, commons, and uncommons could be greater. Right now there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in terms of how hard it is to find them. There's not much of a point in OMGSC. Maybe if we thought of uncommons more like rares and so on, like this:

OMG so rare (less than 1 pet per 1000 users)
Extremely rare (less than 1 pet per 500 users)
Very rare (less than 1 pet per 250 users)
Rare (less than 1 pet per 100 users)
Uncommon (less than 1 pet per 50 users)
Common (less than 1 pet per 25 users)
Very common (less than 1 pet per 10 users)
Extremely common (less than 1 pet per 5 users)
OMG so common (less than 1 pet per 2.5 users)

It would just redefine our idea of the meaning of "common" but ultimately it would be more useful.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 am

I like the stars system! A lot of mobile phone games I play also use a star system like that to denote strength or rarity, where a low number of stars means common/not strong and a high number means rare/strong.

Although one thing to keep in mind is that players in those communities refer to the units with the star level ("I just got a 5*!") or with the associated word/phrase ("I just got an SSR!" where SSR stands for Super Super Rare lol this acronym is actually pretty common among the games I know...), so I could definitely see this happening on CS with newer users, where they're like "guys I don't know how to get a 5*" so that would be a cultural shift we might end up making, but in my opinion it's not too big of a deal
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me