Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll add

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:08 am

Lufik[-E-R-] wrote:
frankiero<3 wrote:we should put one after OMGSR and call it EPIC the OMGSR would drop slightly in rarity and then you would have the EPIC pets above that

I think that better would be between VR and OMGSR... somethink like "Ultra rare" or "legendary"... but no have idea which color would be used ^^

I would have to agree that just one between very rare and OMGSR would be best. Something like Ultra rare.
Therewould be enough outcry and confusion with a new rarity, however much it will help, without pushing OMGSR to be lower. I personally think OMGSR fits perfectly for the highest end of our rarity spectrum. We just need something between it and very rare.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:37 pm

Just popping in to say that calling such a rarity "ultra rare" specifically would probably be a pretty bad idea because it would get abbreviated "UR," the same as "unreleased." Perhaps "extremely rare" or something along those lines would be better?
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Pyromaniacal wrote:
    Just popping in to say that calling such a rarity "ultra rare" specifically would probably be a pretty bad idea because it would get abbreviated "UR," the same as "unreleased." Perhaps "extremely rare" or something along those lines would be better?

Ah yes yes, didn’t think of that. I’m sure the admins or staff or whatnot would come up with the new rarity of this ever got enough attention or thought to be added. =)
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 pm

lil rascal wrote:-snip-
Sorry, only just saw this, I had no idea the poll had an expiration date (it doesn't show once you've voted), will see if I can remove it

Edit - Just had a look & it's already set to be a never ending poll so not sure whats gone wrong, has anyone else had trouble voting?

Poll is working fine for me, I just voted!

I support this idea - honestly I think it would clarify a lot for users, especially since the term "very rare" is pretty ambigous, and I personally think it would help identify the differences between pets. and make some users realise the true rarities of pets. Maybe it's a bit hopeful, but I would like to think a new rarity label between VR and OMGSR would *hopefully* reign in the demand of pets such as the Raven, as it was rare when it first came out and couldn't possibly change to this proposed new label - not yet anyway. Either way, I'm in support!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 am

It's been many years. CS has now passed it's 8,000th pet.
When rarities were implemented, there were less than 300 pets on the site, giving you a good idea of value and real rarity. With 300 pets on the site, that meant 50 pets for each rarity marker. (That didn't happen as OMGSR has maybe 4 outcomes and soon nearly every pet on the site became uncommon.)

When the OMG So common tag was implemented in 2012, that gave us one new rarity but there were also 10 times the amount of pets.

So here we are with a 2,666% increase in the number of pets since rarities were first implemented. At 8,000 pets, that means there's should be 1,142 pets for each rarity. But since there's 10 or less OMGs on either side, that means we're basically working with just 5 reliable rarities.

Why is it not time for a change? We were told in 2014 that no new rarity markers would be added at the time because it wasn't necessary. Well, WHEN will it be necessary? Is over a thousand pets per marker (if they were equal but they aren't) not enough?

At the very least, we should have 10 rarity markers by now, not just one more.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Have changed the poll to allow people to change their vote if they want to as I know opinions can change over time :)

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veggie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm going to have to say that I don't support this, due to the economic swing that it would cause. The Rares List has had the same general setup for years at this point. Most pets that have been placed on the list haven't moved significantly since its creation, and the list is heavily referenced when trading very valuable pets. Suddenly having a number of pets drop from OMGSR to this new rarity level would completely skew the list, more than likely leading people to value those pets less. While it would give us a more clear perspective of these pets' true value, a lot of people work very hard to trade for higher value rares list pets. To suddenly have a drop in that pet's worth because it is no longer OMGSR would be difficult to say the least. New values would have to be determined for a huge section of the Rares List, and a number of people aren't going to be happy that the pet they traded so much for isn't actually worth as much as it seemed. The rarity system is functioning fine as is, and I just don't see any benefit that would make it worth the trouble it will bring.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
veggie wrote:I have been on CS
for quite some time,
so if you have any
questions about trades,
navigating the site,
or anything of the like,
my inbox is always open!

veggie wrote:"If I had a flower for every time
I thought of you, I could walk in my
garden forever."
veggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:04 pm

@Veggie. I think you may have taken this suggestion the wrong way. We aren’t saying for any OMGSRs to drop. We’re suggesting another rarity for AFTER very rares. So that there’s not such a huge gap of very rares. So we would be learning that some pets are MORE rare than originally thought.

And perhaps you didn’t know, but the rares list is going under construction to a rarity list. So the rares list will be changing anyways. =)
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am

Nicole wrote:ah I’m kind of in the middle.
pro- rarities will be more accurate.
con- uncommon fits in the middle perfectly and adding a new rarity will change that, but this isn’t that big of a deal x3
suggestion: make the new sign hot pink or any shade of pink (:

Mobile makes life hard lol, I know.

I think the main suggestion wasn’t to upset any other balances. It shouldn’t affect any other rarities. As lil rascal said on the first post they’re thinking more along the lines of something just to basically split the very rare rarity.
Also yes please hot pink!

@shian, I just now took a look at your post. Numbers and such fly over my head easily, but the fact you’re saying that there’s so many pets now that we should get even more rarities than just one is a very interesting fact to note. I personally wouldn’t mind more than just one addition to the rarities, but also see how even just this one is quite necessary.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Shian's post had me thinking...

Maybe we should just split every single rarity. Double the number of rarity tags. Considering we went from 300 pets and 6 tags to 3000 pets and 7 tags to... now 8000 pets and still 7 tags, I have to say that 8000 pets and 14 tags doesn't sound too unreasonable. It only sounds bad if you say "14 tags" all by itself because we're so used to just 7 tags.

(But have the thresholds for every two levels stay the same; basically, imagine each tag as a "parent" tag giving birth to two "children" tags, where each parent covers the same range as both of its children)

Maybe that should be a separate suggestion. idk
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me