Suggestion, re-arange pets in their groups (Updated 2022!)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you use a feature that lets you re-arrange pets in their groups? (New poll options Nov 2022)

Yes, definitely!
89%
Yes, probably
6%
maybe/ not sure
3%
No, probably not
1%
No, definitely not
1%

Total votes : 665

Suggestion, re-arange pets in their groups (Updated 2022!)

Postby username by me » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:42 am

Re-arrange Pets in Their groups
~Updated and poll reset as of Nov 14th, 2022~

Background ~
I have been playing CS for 10 years now, and in 2014 I created this suggestion thread: re-arrange perts in their groups. This thread has received more than 300 votes for support, still receives new replies almost monthly, and constantly resides within the first few pages of the suggestion forum. Implementation of this suggestion is long overdue.

Suggestion Description ~
Currently, pets are arranged by ID number within groups. This means that pets adopted first are near the end of the group, and pets adopted later are near the beginning. However, this method of sorting pets is not always the most convenient way to view pets. Because pet groups are used for collecting, pet display, trading, dress ups, and more, users want more group sorting options that are more convenient for these different uses.

In 2014, I suggested a user interface that looks something like this:
At the bottom of the page there would be a button under "group options" that says "Re-arrange pets in this group"

Then once you click on that, you get to a new page, it looks like this;

In 2014, I complied this list of what each option would mean:
  • Arrange pets by ID number
    This option is what the groups are currently arranged by
  • Arrange pets alphabetically by name
    Pets are arranged alphabetically by name. If two or more pets have the same name, they are placed in order of ID number. All pets without names will be placed after the Z's in order of ID number.
  • Arrange pets to match archive
    Pets are arranged just like they are arranged in the archive. Most recent pets in the archive come before older pets. Consequently all liters will be grouped together. If pets are not yet in the archive, they will be placed first in order of ID number. If there are two or more of the same pet they will be placed next to each other in order of ID number.
  • Arrange pets by rarity
    This option arranges pets by rarity with OMGSC first and OMGSR last. Pets with the same rarity will be arranged by ID number. Pets without rarities will come first in order of ID number.

Update as of 2022:
While I have proposed some options here, the options would not need to look exactly as I have proposed above. Many users in this thread have expressed that even some way to re-arrange their pets would be helpful. If anything, adding only an "arrange pets alphabetically by name" feature would allow people to arrange pets with complete customization. Other alternative sorting methods have been proposed by users in the comments, but the main point is that regardless of what options are added, arranging pets by ID number is often not the most convenient way to arrange pets.

Discussion of Benefits ~
  • If people like to sort their pets by rarity, arranging pets by rarity would allow users to check their work or more easily move pets after rarity updates
  • If people like to display litters of pets together, sorting by archive removes the hassle of trying to trade for a pet with just the right ID number.
  • Arranging pets by archive would help people more easily identify if they have doubles of certain pets or if there are certain pets they are missing in their collection.
  • If people want to sticky certain pets to the front of their groups, say dressed up pets or pets you're really looking to trade, arranging pets by name would allow you to do so
  • Arranging pets by name or by archive could help even out the demand between re-release pets and true date pets. If the pets can go to the same place in someone's group, the ID number might not matter as much to certain users. This could help remedy the massive gap in demand between re-release and true dates that will just grow larger as the site ages.
  • Pet groups are the primary way to display pet collections among users, so being able to customize groups and even arrange pets in an aesthetic way makes the pet-collection side of the game more enjoyable.

Poll results 2014- Nov 2022 ~
Last edited by username by me on Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:03 am, edited 11 times in total.
...............Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
...............Our deepest fear is that we are powerful
...............beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness
...............that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I
...............to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
...............Actually, who are we not to be?
...............~Marianne Williamson
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion, re-arange pets in their groups

Postby Klea » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:45 am

- Even though this has already been suggested, I haven't seen the topic active.... I think this could be found quite useful! I support. c:

- Add a poll to track supporters? c:
Last edited by Klea on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

a good rider can hear
his horse speak to him.

Really wanting: DECEMBER 18 PETS

Need help? Pm me - Trade with me - my suggestion

siggy made by flawless.
Klea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppercorn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 am

Support!
Hello there. I'm Peppercorn. I like to draw, take photos and baking. I work at an adoptable center called Pixel squirrels. If you ever need too, feel free to PM me and chat.

Feeling wrote:PM me design patterns for pixel squirrels.

coded by peppercorn (me)
Peppercorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfykins » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:34 am

Support :)
Please do NOT bump my thread. Thanks
PLEASE do NOT offer me rats or chickens- I'm not interested in collecting those. Thank You ☺
wolfykins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:03 am

support! <3
exo - tempo
Kaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

-deleted-
Last edited by username by me on Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnypelt3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Search a lot of keywords and go through several pages in the search. DD only used "arrange" and "pets" and the posted link is on the first page of the search.

Has it not been officially moved to the to-do list yet? I thought there was something noted about it.....
I was hacked. Not going to remake all my groups and such unless I feel like it. That's a lotta work. Don't bother with trades, everything's a mess.

Need: Image
Will offer reasonable overpay.
Note to self:
Reduce idiot level.
tawnypelt3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Though it's been suggested before, they didn't make such a presentation and I think that rearrange by Raritiy,litter/id etc would be a good touch. I go for litter myself but I like it.

Still support all these years later 28/12/23. I've since complete all but 2 pets, and I'm lucky that I manages to get all my grinners together, but that might only be because they're in my list dog group and not my PPS dog group.
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby username by me » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:40 pm

I would like to hear the official verdict on this if anyone knows or has a quote from nick or something.
username by me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me