Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {18 Support

Postby bronzebones » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 am

^.^ I said why, and I wasn't rude, (I won't check for any more replies, I'm done with this thread ._.)
bronzebones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FruityPieQ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:42 am

I personally have nothing against suggestions, but some people don't have trade rules or don't say that they hate them in their rules, and then they get all mad about you sending a suggestion. So I support this ^-^
Hello! You can call me Pixel or Nick, he/they. I have absolutely no idea how to code a signature to make it look nice <3
FruityPieQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Fruity Pie wrote:
I personally have nothing against suggestions, but some people don't have trade rules or don't say that they hate them in their rules, and then they get all mad about you sending a suggestion. So I support this ^-^

Adding your name to the list now ^^
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {19 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Up~
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am

I don't know - personally I like to be able to say "Hey I have these two pets on your WL - they're both the same rarity as the pet on your side. Which would you prefer?" rather than just guessing and risking a cancel followed by an awkward resend. I think it would be nice to disable one-sided suggestions rather than suggestions overall.

Much like the "You need to offer a WL pet to send this" it would block any suggestions going through with just pets on one side. I'm not sure if it would be possible to have that only affect suggestions (since otherwise it would block gifts) but I think a lot of newer or less experienced users feel a lot more comfortable sending suggestions rather than trades so that they can check on the fairness of it. I realize it is against some users's rules but I think most of the time it's more one-sided suggestions than suggestions overall. *shrug*

I'm just thinking out loud here I dunno.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Night Visions » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 am

Support, since I really don't like getting suggestions as I honestly can't be bothered with editing trades x3

Hey, I'm Night Visions!

Feel free to call me Night or Nighty :3
I'm obsessed with Supernatural, as well as many other things,
so feel free to send me a PM any time if you want to talk c:
I don't bite...much (;

My Quiz
Night Visions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:59 am

Kyar wrote:I don't know - personally I like to be able to say "Hey I have these two pets on your WL - they're both the same rarity as the pet on your side. Which would you prefer?" rather than just guessing and risking a cancel followed by an awkward resend. I think it would be nice to disable one-sided suggestions rather than suggestions overall.

Much like the "You need to offer a WL pet to send this" it would block any suggestions going through with just pets on one side. I'm not sure if it would be possible to have that only affect suggestions (since otherwise it would block gifts) but I think a lot of newer or less experienced users feel a lot more comfortable sending suggestions rather than trades so that they can check on the fairness of it. I realize it is against some users's rules but I think most of the time it's more one-sided suggestions than suggestions overall. *shrug*

I'm just thinking out loud here I dunno.

I'm going to add the turning off one sided suggestions idea as a thing, that would also be pretty cool.

While I understand that often other player prefer send suggestions because they aren't really sure, there are also plenty of players who have no time to edit suggestions but keep getting them anyways.

I can see what you're saying, and it is definitely a valid point, but remember, this would just be an option for people who do not want to get suggestions. If I don't want to get suggestions, and I say in my rules that I'm going to cancel suggestions, and I do, then it would simply be a waste of both players time for people to send a suggestion. Allowing the player to simply remove the option to send a suggestion would save both players time and energy while getting the same result.

I hope that makes sense. It does in my head I swear.

Night Visions wrote:Support, since I really don't like getting suggestions as I honestly can't be bothered with editing trades x3

Add your name to the list ^^
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {20 Support

Postby bronzebones » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Okay, instead to prevent scamming don't let players send a trade if they only have pets on their side if you turn off suggestions.
/halfsupport
bronzebones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:23 am

♥DBZ♥ wrote:Okay, instead to prevent scamming don't let players send a trade if they only have pets on their side if you turn off suggestions.
/halfsupport

Well it would be really clearly that you are sending a trade and not a suggestion. If you tried to send a suggestion, it would come up with an error like "This player has disabled suggestions". So the person would know for a fact that they are sending a trade.

If we did it your way it would make it impossible to send gifts and you already get a double check message to be safe when sending on sides trades.
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:20 pm