Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Shooting Stars wrote:
I don't support this, sorry.
It doesn't take that long to cancel with a "Read my rules" or "I don't like suggestions".

For the "what will you offer for this" problem, people could just add a pet on your side so it's not a free pet for you (with regular trades). (If that makes sense)

I would really prefer something with items, like item groups or something. c:

Trust me, as someone whose done that often people get hostile quickly when you do that. I've had to file reports over how people reacted to a simple "Read my rules" before.

And for the What will you offer for this, that usually involves flashing/holding out a deserved pet that the person wanted, and sure they could just add a pet on your side, but if you don't have anything of value then they'd likely think twice before sending the trade. Usually when people send those sorts of trades, they often either want insane prices (which they would have to be upfront about when they send the trade in the first place, meaning you could cancel right away instead of getting your hopes up), or they often don't really want to trade the pet, which means they wouldn't want to do this with someone with suggestions off since the person can always accept the trade.

Not saying item groups wouldn't be cool too, but having one thing doesn't mean we couldn't also have this!
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 am

Lady Sif wrote:Trust me, as someone whose done that often people get hostile quickly when you do that. I've had to file reports over how people reacted to a simple "Read my rules" before.

And for the What will you offer for this, that usually involves flashing/holding out a deserved pet that the person wanted, and sure they could just add a pet on your side, but if you don't have anything of value then they'd likely think twice before sending the trade. Usually when people send those sorts of trades, they often either want insane prices (which they would have to be upfront about when they send the trade in the first place, meaning you could cancel right away instead of getting your hopes up), or they often don't really want to trade the pet, which means they wouldn't want to do this with someone with suggestions off since the person can always accept the trade.

Not saying item groups wouldn't be cool too, but having one thing doesn't mean we couldn't also have this!

If people get hostile over a trade message, that's on them, and they probably do that to cancelled trades on a regular basis no matter what the trade was about.
(I guess "Read my rules" can be taken as a little rude. I always just say "Sorry, but no thank you! Please read my rules the next time you want to trade with me. ^-^" with explaining what rule(s) they broke.)

Usually when I get a "what for this" trade, it's pretty obvious that the trade is going nowhere. Especially since there are signs if they actually want to trade, or if they want to see if you're going to overpay for some random wishlist pet.

I guess I worded what I originally said awkwardly, but I meant that people could always add a placeholder pet that was worth a lot more on your side (like your Grinner dog for a 09 rare) to prevent accidental trades, with messages like "you have suggestions turned off but i saw this pet was on your wishlist so what will you offer but dont worry about the smiley dog i added it's just a placeholder so you dont take my pet thx have a good day".
In my opinion, that is a lot more annoying that a simple "what for this" suggestion.

I really doubt someone would send a "what for this" trade if you didn't have anything remotely of value (besides flashing, but does flashing really occur that much? It's probably only happened to me a handful of times of the time I've been here, and it's always rareslist pets), since they probably looked through your pets before sending an offer to make sure you have plenty of rares.

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:17 am

Shooting Stars wrote:
Lady Sif wrote:Trust me, as someone whose done that often people get hostile quickly when you do that. I've had to file reports over how people reacted to a simple "Read my rules" before.

If people get hostile over a trade message, that's on them, and they probably do that to cancelled trades on a regular basis no matter what the trade was about.
(I guess "Read my rules" can be taken as a little rude. I always just say "Sorry, but no thank you! Please read my rules the next time you want to trade with me. ^-^" with explaining what rule(s) they broke.)

Usually when I get a "what for this" trade, it's pretty obvious that the trade is going nowhere. Especially since there are signs if they actually want to trade, or if they want to see if you're going to overpay for some random wishlist pet.

I guess I worded what I originally said awkwardly, but I meant that people could always add a placeholder pet that was worth a lot more on your side (like your Grinner dog for a 09 rare) to prevent accidental trades, with messages like "you have suggestions turned off but i saw this pet was on your wishlist so what will you offer but dont worry about the smiley dog i added it's just a placeholder so you dont take my pet thx have a good day".
In my opinion, that is a lot more annoying that a simple "what for this" suggestion.

I really doubt someone would send a "what for this" trade if you didn't have anything remotely of value (besides flashing, but does flashing really occur that much? It's probably only happened to me a handful of times of the time I've been here, and it's always rareslist pets), since they probably looked through your pets before sending an offer to make sure you have plenty of rares.

Yes, people getting hostile over stuff is on them, however, that doesn't make it suck any less when you have to deal with harassment like that.

I feel like all your arguments are kinda coming back to 'but people could find some way to ask/do this anyways' which I covered on the first page:
That being said there is a major point I have to make here on all arguments not just yours.

1) It could reduces the amounts of trades that people get
2) You can just cancel trades

Now I would like to point out that these same two arguments apply to locking pets. If you lock pets it will reduce the amount of trades you get and you could simply cancel trades for them if you didn't lock them. So why have the ability to lock pets/items/C$? Because these trades get annoying, because it is a waste of time to go through and cancel trades that breaks rules and frankly it is just annoying.

Also on the first point, this would be an optional, if people want less trades that is their choice.

Sure, some people will find a way to do it anyways (like using suggestions to try and offer on locked pets), but the majority of people, when not given an easy option to do something, will give up. If we make sending these sorts of trades harder/risker, less people will do them, and that means less time wasted.

There also just isn't really a good reason not to do it. It's 100% optional for users, so nobody has to use it unless they want to, reduces drama in the long run and would make a fair number of users happier. Sure, it's possibly people will try to find ways to get around it, but that could be said for literally any change ever, and it would still help to reduce these sorts of things.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:35 am

I would love to be able to turn off suggestions!

I have found lately I get a lot of suggestions sent to me that when I reply, thinking the person is wanting to trade, I find the offer is added as a bid in an auction the other user is running. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with sending out TRADES with a pet you happen to have up for auction but I find this bid fishing behavior very rude as if I want to bid on an auction I'll go to the auction forum and place a bid myself. Probably about half the trades I get sent these days are actually bid fishing suggestions. This sort of thing is very annoying as it wastes my time and gets my hopes up about the pet/s. The ability to turn off suggestions would mean people wouldn't be able to hassle people with bid fishing suggestions like this.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {4 Support}

Postby Eaglespirit » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:27 am

Lacuna wrote:I have nothing against this suggestion, but to play the devil's advocate for the moment, what's the difference between a suggestion and a trade really? If someone had their suggestions turned off it certainly wouldn't stop people from sending them "what do you want for this?" trades or one-sided trades, which is the main reason people don't want suggestions. It would just make it easier for the person to accidentally accept a one-sided trade, in my opinion, so I don't really see why this suggestion makes sense. However, if it's easy to implement (I have no idea) and makes people happy, I don't see a problem with it being added.

No support for this same basic reason
Suggestions are kind of a good way to say 'I am willing to negotiate' even if it goes along with a trade message
You get just as many bad suggestions as bad trades (At least in my experience)
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicasterology » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm

totally support this! i don't know my rarities that well and i fear i'm being taken advantage of sometimes
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌

▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌
                ▐░▌

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘
                vic / victor. transmasc. he / it. adult.
                -✧-
                "can you make me believe in tiring?"

∘₊✧──────────────✧₊∘

vicasterology

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {4 Support}

Postby FriedApplePie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Eaglespirit wrote:
Lacuna wrote:I have nothing against this suggestion, but to play the devil's advocate for the moment, what's the difference between a suggestion and a trade really? If someone had their suggestions turned off it certainly wouldn't stop people from sending them "what do you want for this?" trades or one-sided trades, which is the main reason people don't want suggestions. It would just make it easier for the person to accidentally accept a one-sided trade, in my opinion, so I don't really see why this suggestion makes sense. However, if it's easy to implement (I have no idea) and makes people happy, I don't see a problem with it being added.

No support for this same basic reason
Suggestions are kind of a good way to say 'I am willing to negotiate' even if it goes along with a trade message
You get just as many bad suggestions as bad trades (At least in my experience)

I agree.

I actually prefer suggestions because many people just have no clue on what to offer to please you but they still want to trade. I see it as a way that they do not want to make a mistake so they are allowing you to fix it. I have more trades that are successful that originally began from suggestions than regular trades. It's not difficult to work with someone. ^^

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of