Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am

I'm really supporting this idea.. I've been able to tell common and very common apart for a longgg time! To me, the light blue is very harsh for my eyes to look at....
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:58 am

PikaPerfect wrote:I also struggle with seeing the difference between the bars, so, if I haven't said it already, support from me!

Also, here is a direct side by side comparison of the two colors:

And here is a more preferable palette:

I felt the need to quote this since someone did a gradient earlier that seemed a bit off. This is what they look like side by side, and honestly that’s way too similar.
However the cyan/a similar color is much easier to distinguish.

We’ve had so much support on this I’m curious as to why it hasn’t been noticed more by the admins tbh?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TzatzikiTheLeg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:01 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
TzatzikiTheLeg wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:

There are all rarity labels C: As you can see, the star slowly goes up. IMO it's quite easy to see the difference between common and very common, not only by the color but also by the star. So no support from my side C:

I agree,there is no need to change the rarity bars,as it is not hard to understand which is which.Of course,as Shian said, it may be hard for a person to automatically realise what each bar stands for,but I still don't think a change is needed.If such a thing was needed so badly,it would've already been suggested and fixed.

Can I ask why you think it shouldn't be fixed? Just because some people can easily see the difference doesn't mean others can. Sure, you can look at the rarity words and see that, but not everyone can see the color and the star honestly doesn't move that much so it's of no help either.
Why not make a simple fix if people are having trouble with it? It is hard for some people to understand which is which, even if it isn't for you. Why should others have to "make do" or "Deal with it and look at the words"?

And to add, yeah. When they're side by side you can more easily see the difference. But not when they're separated. The star shifts so very subtly that it's of little help, and the colors look fairly similar when not right next to each other.

I never said this shouldn't be fixed and I never said that people should deal with it.I said I don't think it is needed (as the small "title" exists),and many members (including me) are already used to the original color.So is it really worth to solve a problem by creating another one?
A nyan color could work,I guess,so if the majority of players in CS voted positive for a nyan tag I think it would be fair and I obviously wouldn't have the right to have a problem with something like that.
I love opeth! dm me and we can chat about opeth
I also love septicflesh and hypocrisy and gus g. I just rlly love metal music
TzatzikiTheLeg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Shian wrote:Well I guess we're not getting it now that we have pets based on the rarity markers. :/ Too bad. It really does influence trading in a serious way. Notice how when trading many people treat commons and very commons the same thing? That's because they're the same kind of green and people can't tell the difference.

What if.... When it grows.... It'll be the new color oAo

I doubt it but that would be a cool reveal. Even the pups are hard to distinguish at a glance
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:07 pm

TzatzikiTheLeg wrote:
TzatzikiTheLeg wrote:I agree,there is no need to change the rarity bars,as it is not hard to understand which is which.Of course,as Shian said, it may be hard for a person to automatically realise what each bar stands for,but I still don't think a change is needed.If such a thing was needed so badly,it would've already been suggested and fixed.

I never said this shouldn't be fixed and I never said that people should deal with it.I said I don't think it is needed (as the small "title" exists),and many members (including me) are already used to the original color.So is it really worth to solve a problem by creating another one?
A nyan color could work,I guess,so if the majority of players in CS voted positive for a nyan tag I think it would be fair and I obviously wouldn't have the right to have a problem with something like that.

You did say that you don’t think a change is needed however. To which many people would disagree.

It’s not a large problem to fix it. I think people would get used to a new distinguishing color a lot easier. I mean it’s a color that would stand out, so obviously people could see it and notice it and it wouldn’t cause any sort of problem? It would just be a new color. So what problem exactly would it cause other than changing something people are used to?
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crumbledtower » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Honestly never had this problem. Mostly due to the text... text that is part of the rarity bar.
crumbledtower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:43 pm

crumbledtower wrote:Honestly never had this problem. Mostly due to the text... text that is part of the rarity bar.

But... all the other colors are very distinguishable. Immediately you see purple and know OMGSR. Why shouldn’t the VC and common be like that?
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Here is part of a typical color picker (picking the hue). You can find something like this in many applications and on many websites; I just pulled this from here.

The white lines roughly mark the hues of our rarity bars. Short on RL time, so I didn't actually find the exact colors; I just eyeballed them.

It's actually kinda interesting to look at this... A robot would be kinda baffled at our color boundaries. "What do you mean, that little sliver is yellow and this entire range is green???" :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------

Re: text

Fun fact - Did you know we used to have only the text and no colored bars?

Nick wrote:And we've added little rarity bars underneath the pets while trading to make it easier to spot which pets are rare and which aren't :).

I mean, it's not like we're confusing VC/C with rares, but... considering literally every other pairing has significant differences......
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Pyromaniacal wrote:
    Look. Look, look, look at this. It's easily distinguishable, muted enough to be easy on the eyes, and the change took me literally 10 seconds in an image-editing program. There is no reason this shouldn't be implemented. All the confusion over the rarity bar pups only further demonstrates how much these bars really need to change.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:22 pm

Pyromaniacal wrote:
    Look. Look, look, look at this. It's easily distinguishable, muted enough to be easy on the eyes, and the change took me literally 10 seconds in an image-editing program. There is no reason this shouldn't be implemented. All the confusion over the rarity bar pups only further demonstrates how much these bars really need to change.

ImageImageImage

I love it!

At this point I'd take almost any change OTL I also like perseoona's edits:

and Raire's edit, although this particular cyan is a bit bright for me, but oh well:
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me