Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby sleepwalking » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 am

since firefox doesn't support java anymore or whatever I decided to use chicken paint. I wanted to try out my new tablet and throw some art into my gallery but the thing is: it's lagging so hard that I can't paint properly and it makes no fun obviously.
Any tips? My browser is always cleaned so I don't know what to do more... (and my tablet works fine on other pages)
sleepwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KyraKitesong » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:39 am

are you using chrome ? chrome works quite well for me
KyraKitesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sleepwalking » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:43 am

I'm using firefox, doesn't it work with that? :0

Edit: I did download chrome now but it's still the same issue :C

It's fixed now :D
sleepwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dead account 01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Both ChickenPaint and ChibiPaint are incredibly laggy in full-screen/floating mode. ChickenPaint in general is always laggy, but I tend to use ChibiPaint instead because I prefer floating mode to just full-screen mode. Everything, save for Firefox because of what updating it will cause to happen, is as up to date as it can get.
"I care about your life, so much so that I wait here for you to tell me all about your day. I'm sorry that I was just to much for you to care about mine."
Dead account 01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:30 am

I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem... but when I'm drawing lines in full-screen mode, for some reason the entire page outside of the oekaki gets highlighted and when I go to draw another line, everything gets dragged from one side of the screen the other other. For example, when I highlight text and hold it down, I can then drag it to another area of the screen. It does that exact same thing for the oekaki (even to the tools and mini windows within the oekaki itself often end up being moved (even though there's no classic blue highlighting over them when it happens)) and I cannot make it stop. I would not use full screen mode, but my screen is too small for everything to fit right. :c

My computer runs on windows, my browser is google chrome, and I use a touch/mouse pad thing; but I don't know if that's behind the issue or if it's the programme or just my computer?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starshine, » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi!
    I'm currently also having some problems with my wacom intuos and I'm wondering where can I get the plugin for wacom?
    When I looked at the tablet support it does say I don't have the plugin installed and I was wondering where I could find it, because I am currently using a Windows 7 that WILL not for goodness sakes update to Windows 10 and pen pressure is not supported in IE or Chrome, and Firefox was working before the 54 update

Thanks!
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:45 pm

silent. wrote:
    Hi!
    I'm currently also having some problems with my wacom intuos and I'm wondering where can I get the plugin for wacom?
    When I looked at the tablet support it does say I don't have the plugin installed and I was wondering where I could find it, because I am currently using a Windows 7 that WILL not for goodness sakes update to Windows 10 and pen pressure is not supported in IE or Chrome, and Firefox was working before the 54 update

Thanks!
Bentley wrote:Pen pressure relies on so many factors, that there in currently no end-all, be-all solution. Not only does it rely on which browser you use, as support varies between all of them, but the version of said browser, any add-ons that may affect JavaScript behavior, the brand and driver for your tablet, and your machine. What works for one might not work for another, let alone everyone.
Since there are a multitude of factors that we cannot individually test, we unfortunately cannot help much with pen pressure problems.

You can try wacom's website to check your tablet driver, or make sure your browser is up to date, but that's all I currently know to suggest. ^^;;
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Hi! I just figured out my tablet will work with oekaki but I'm having a problem with the slide bar. The zoom and everything works but I can't move the view of the drawing. I tried switching paint versions and even tried full screen. It will highlight the bars but not move them when I try. Is there a way to fix this or is this just my tablet? I use chrome too.

Just finished my CIS/IT degree {yay}
- I've been here long enough I'm a mom now
- Feel free to PM me for any help/guides/links/questions
- Looking for Mass WL swaps
- Looking for semi/Lit rp
She/her ~ bi wife energy ~ Adult

Looking for FR trades
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Electric~Lime~Zebra wrote:Hi! I just figured out my tablet will work with oekaki but I'm having a problem with the slide bar. The zoom and everything works but I can't move the view of the drawing. I tried switching paint versions and even tried full screen. It will highlight the bars but not move them when I try. Is there a way to fix this or is this just my tablet? I use chrome too.

This happens every once in a while for me, usually a restart works fine. ^^;; You might have to play around with your drivers and the like, if that doesn't work.
Might also try plugging in the tablet before opening the program, if you're not doing so already... I seem to have fewer problems when I do that.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 am

i think ever since i updated my java, my pen pressure doesnt work anymore and im not sure what to do :< has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me