Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Quillington » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:30 am

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see it so I'll make a post. I used to use Firefox with Chibipaint, but now I'm giving Chickenpaint a try with Microsoft Edge (Only one that works well with smooth pen pressure). But it has this really, really weird issue where all of my tools are only the hand tool. It usually works fine but sometimes, randomly, this happens. Gyazo does not display my cursor but this should give an idea of what I mean. Working on a Kalon growth and it's a little annoying when it keeps happening, wondering if there is an easy fix..

Things I have tried:
-changing tabs/windows
-changing tools
-saving it
Quillington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bananer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:05 am

I have trouble with my tablet on the oekaki.
I use the browser Opera and no matter what I do I always come to ChickenPaint. The settings says I'm using chibi paint v.1.0 , which I prefer. The pen pressure is not working on the oekaki. But according to my tablet it's fine. (I have Jtablet installed from when I used firefox and the browser supported Java and it worked)

What should I do? Doesn't Opera support ChibiPaint? ;n;
╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗
Hello, I'm Bananer
Say hello

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝
Image Image Image
╔════════════════════════╗
DA-Characters-Art Shop-FR-Toyhou
╚════════════════════════╝
bananer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Quillington » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 am

Bananer wrote:I have trouble with my tablet on the oekaki.
I use the browser Opera and no matter what I do I always come to ChickenPaint. The settings says I'm using chibi paint v.1.0 , which I prefer. The pen pressure is not working on the oekaki. But according to my tablet it's fine. (I have Jtablet installed from when I used firefox and the browser supported Java and it worked)

Opera and many other browsers have discontinued Java (as well as a few other NPAPI relying plug-ins), as it's sort of outdated. Chibipaint is a really old software which is why Chickenpaint exists. Chrome, as well as Opera, automatically switch to Chickenpaint, because they cannot support Java anymore due to a recent update.

And why the pen pressure doesn't work, Chickenpaint is fairly new so very few browsers have a working pen pressure plug-in... I use Microsoft Edge but I believe a few other browsers might work as well. (Chrome does not I have found and Firefox is "experimental" but IE might work).

Good luck getting Chickenpaint to work!
Quillington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bananer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 am

Quillington wrote:
Bananer wrote:I have trouble with my tablet on the oekaki.

Opera and many other browsers have discontinued Java (as well as a few other NPAPI relying plug-ins), as it's sort of outdated. Chibipaint is a really old software which is why Chickenpaint exists. Chrome, as well as Opera, automatically switch to Chickenpaint, because they cannot support Java anymore due to a recent update.

And why the pen pressure doesn't work, Chickenpaint is fairly new so very few browsers have a working pen pressure plug-in... I use Microsoft Edge but I believe a few other browsers might work as well. (Chrome does not I have found and Firefox is "experimental" but IE might work).

Good luck getting Chickenpaint to work!

Thank you! <3
╔══════════════════════════════════════════╗
Hello, I'm Bananer
Say hello

╚══════════════════════════════════════════╝
Image Image Image
╔════════════════════════╗
DA-Characters-Art Shop-FR-Toyhou
╚════════════════════════╝
bananer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggywort » Mon May 01, 2017 9:05 am

Okay, so I've been having some problems with ChickenPaint. I was trying to make the background of this growth someone did for me transparent but wnen I opened it into oekaki it was darker than the original?? I tried changing the versions and also tried turning off some layer but nothing happened.

Here's what it looked like in Oekaki:

Here's what the original looks like:
Here
┌─────────────────────────────┐
Otus/Oats | He/it | Sapphic
Carrd | TH | My kals
Hey I'm Oats! I rlly like fungi,
plants, hollow knight and snails!
Art & avatar by me

└─────────────────────────────┘
ImageImageImage
Muggywort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taraconnor777 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:50 am

ABOUT JAVA: ] OK, a lot of the oekaki sites are folding, losing their members,or are inaccessible, due to the NEW JAVA. The Java 8 update locks me out of all oekaki sites except for this one. this only, uses 8 update--Oracle forces you to become a member, if you try to use old Javas, cause they own them all.So far, none of the old Javas can get installed correctly, or are the wrong ones, or the major browsers no longer support Java at all. As far as I was told, both Firefox and Chrome refuse to support Java--I don't know about Internet Explorer, but I really don't want their browser--not even for art.S these are my questions i can't find:

Which browsers still support Java to work at all??(Am I incorrectly installing Java to Windows 7, cause it just will not show up--ANY of them!!) what is "the plug in"? i seem to not be able to find it on the Net.(whatever it is, my very techie friends say, "it is not supported!!" I think they mean Firefox.)-what is the deal about a "plugin"? does that mean the Java itself? or an "add-on"? Is it true, Windows 7 pcs can run well with OLD VERSIONS OF JAVA? which ones are they?(I tried to use and get old versions, still don't work.but version 8 java not working any where either.)--In the midst of Oracle's irresponsibility to all websites using Java, can we come up with a GOOD SUBSTITUTE FOR JAVA?--THAT ALSO RUNS APPLETS? at this poiint, I might get on a plane, fly across the oceans, just to buy a version of :"non-Java-applet-user software" that gets my Oekaki sites working again. So far, only this one works--cause your people who run it,know what they are doing.--Oracle does not. what else? Do we already have ALL that information here? On this dept. thread? Thank you very much, I am very thankful to the moderators, and Chicken-Smoothie, and its members. :thumbup:
Last edited by taraconnor777 on Mon May 29, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taraconnor777

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:06 am

is there a way of making a folder in chickenpaint? To sort the layers into separate folders to neaten them or not? (like in firealpaca)
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby your blanket » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:09 am

I use chrome, but have to use microsoft edge for the actual pen pressure,
though my pen goes everywhere, and its very annoying,, - there's pen pressure,
but it even at maximum smoothing it goes fast instead of slow >^<
your blanket

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 am

endless shelter;; wrote:is there a way of making a folder in chickenpaint? To sort the layers into separate folders to neaten them or not? (like in firealpaca)

No, sorry. ^^;;
Korbat wrote:I use chrome, but have to use microsoft edge for the actual pen pressure,
though my pen goes everywhere, and its very annoying,, - there's pen pressure,
but it even at maximum smoothing it goes fast instead of slow >^<

Pen pressure relies on so many factors, that there in currently no end-all, be-all solution. Not only does it rely on which browser you use, as support varies between all of them, but the version of said browser, any add-oms that may affect JavaScript behavior, the brand and driver for your tablet, and your machine. What works for one might not work for another, let alone everyone.
Since there are a multitude of factors that we cannot individually test, we unfortunately cannot help much with pen pressure problems.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 am

So I sketched out something yesterday and wanted to finish it off today, but each time I tried to load it in ChibiPaint v2, it comes up with an empty canvas and no layers, whereas with the ChickenPaint, it says it can't read the layers at all.
    I am using Internet Explorer and it was working fine yesterday but I have since moved location, so is that the problem here?

I can see the drawing when I load up the screen-
    Image but then whenever I try to save it on ChibiPaint v1 it does this

Is there any way to resolve this? ;0;
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups