Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby preppy paws » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:17 am

How are people rotating and resizing certain portions of a drawing? Is this only for chicken paint and if so, how do you do it (step by step)
preppy paws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meveh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:22 am

preppy paws wrote:How are people rotating and resizing certain portions of a drawing? Is this only for chicken paint and if so, how do you do it (step by step)

I believe that yes, this tool is only available in ChickenPaint.

Use the selection tool to isolate the part of the drawing you want to change, then use the transform tool—you can find it in the drop down menu under "Edit". The shortkey for transform is Ctrl+Y for PC, Command+Y for Mac. You can resize the selection by dragging the corners, or rotate it by clicking outside of the box and dragging.

Hope this helps!

[ meh·vay ]
I used to be PuddingWaffles

| toyhou.se | dA | katkins | ooo |
| one eighty | arcadia |

Interested in commissioning me?
Hit me up on dA,
as I don't do commissions for CS currency ♡
meveh
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 am

preppy paws wrote:How are people rotating and resizing certain portions of a drawing? Is this only for chicken paint and if so, how do you do it (step by step)

If you want to rotate or change the size of the drawing, select the part you want to rotate with the selection tool. If you want to rotate the whole layer, then you don't have to select it. Then go to "Edit" and click "Transform". This allows you to rotate the drawing and make it larger or smaller.

If you want to flip the drawing, select the part you want to flip unless it's the whole layer then you don't have to select it. Click "Effects" and click "Flip Horizontal" or "Flip Vertical".

Quick Tip:
If you are drawing a symmetrical drawing and you want the lineart to be the same on each half then select the part you want to be the same and click "Command + C" (On Mac, Idk what it is on PC but I think it's Ctrl + C) then click "Command + V" and "Flip Horizontal" and then bring the lineart into place.

Here is an example of a symmetrical drawing I did (with the face.)
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
|| Purrfectpal || She/Her || Adult ||
╔══════════════════╗
Hi, I'm Purrfectpal. I am always open to chat with
new people so feel free to send over a message. <3

╚══════════════════╝
|| carrd | commissions | art shoppe ||
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 am

sianna777 wrote:Can you fix the oekaki program so that we can upload and edit pics from our computer?
It'd be far easier to draw if we could;
I don't know if you can do this, but just a suggestion<3

I'm guessing a lot of people would trace or steal art if they allowed this. It would be nice though, to be able to upload a sketch from SAI and finish it in Oekaki or something.
Anyways, someone could make a backup account to steal art and break the rules of not having more than one account or people could steal each other's art on CS and steal their style.
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
╔══════════════════╗

╚══════════════════╝
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:37 am

Lucianne! wrote:
Kaizoku wrote:
Lucianne! wrote:Hi
I want to go downstairs and eat, so I go ahead and save my drawing. I'm on Internet Explorer because pen pressure won't work on Chrome for some reason. And then I find this...
(´-﹏-`;)

I believe switching to a different version of Oekaki usually solves that issue. You can do that here. Using ChickenPaint on Chrome should hopefully solve your issue of saving + your pen pressure issue. c:

Thanks! I switched from Chibipaint v.1 to v.2 and it helped me save, as I tested earlier. On the other hand, I still can't save the drawing I was working on, perhaps because the canvas was on v.1 before I switched it. Is there no other solution other than to reload and start over?

I think you should screenshot it and finish it in another program, but you have to reline it and color it in again so that you have layers.
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
╔══════════════════╗

╚══════════════════╝
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whispbear » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 pm

when colouring an adopt, say we have 2 layers the "lineart" and the "colour", can you only have the one layer to colour? as in do the whole design on the one layer? or can we somehow create clipping groups like on sai so we can add different markings on different layers?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

hello i'm Bee
or whispbear

you can find me
on deviantArt

here's my
toyhou.se

and this is my
art shop/wip

whispbear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:20 pm

whispbear wrote:when colouring an adopt, say we have 2 layers the "lineart" and the "colour", can you only have the one layer to colour? as in do the whole design on the one layer? or can we somehow create clipping groups like on sai so we can add different markings on different layers?

Unfortunately unlike Sai, there is no option to create clipping groups. :< You instead just have to do the markings on one layer, or on several and clean them up yourself if they go outside the desired area.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeriHyuga » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Kaizoku wrote:
whispbear wrote:when colouring an adopt, say we have 2 layers the "lineart" and the "colour", can you only have the one layer to colour? as in do the whole design on the one layer? or can we somehow create clipping groups like on sai so we can add different markings on different layers?

Unfortunately unlike Sai, there is no option to create clipping groups. :< You instead just have to do the markings on one layer, or on several and clean them up yourself if they go outside the desired area.

some people copy the color layer and delete the part they don't need on the new layer to prevent getting outside of the area
this and the one above are the only options you have if you want to add markings
The Herds of Thalija:
NeriHyuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:06 pm

when the rules for advanced say "accurate anatomy" to what extent? it is advanced, not realistic, but sometimes a well drawn toon might have some exaggerated anatomy. or fantasy monsters with physics defying anatomy.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paper.dragonflies » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Hey, so, I use Chicken Paint for all my artwork, and I've encountered this problem not once, but twice just within the last two days.

I'll be drawing something and then all of a sudden the oekaki freezes and nothing I click registers, and my computer gives me a notification saying "chickensmoothie.com is not responding." until a set amount of time passes and the page automatically refreshes, losing everything.

It's really a shame, because I can't save my progress or zoom out or anything, I'm just stuck! I'm the type of person that typically forgets to save drawings until the very end so this has caused a lot of heartache, heh ;v; is there anything I can do to stop this from happening in the future? save from the obvious, saving constantly.
Paper.dragonflies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me