Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby doqqy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:16 am

Hello ! I'm having some issues with saving from my gallery to my laptop and I'm not sure how to fix it !! I press "save image as" and nothing comes up ;-;
ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED
doqqy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 am

Steel Dragon wrote:Hello! My pen pressure just stopped working today. It was working fine yesterday, but I believe it stopped because I updated Java. So, I was wondering if there was a way to fix it, either by switching to ChickenPaint and getting it to work on there, or by fixing it on ChibiPaint Version 2. I've tried Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome with both ChibiPaint and ChickenPaint and neither seem to work. My pressure sensitivity works fine in other drawing applications (i.e. FireAlpaca) but not on the Oekaki.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but I advise using Internet Explorer in ChickenPaint. I'm not sure about Microsoft Edge, but Chrome doesn't really support pen pressure, and Firefox.. Well, you had to configure a few things to get pen pressure (If you decide to do this, then you have the risk of the browser crashing and your work being lost).

Internet explorer supports pen pressure, but it's notoriously known for being slow. If that still doesn't work, I recommend just uninstalling Java (since you don't need Java for Chickenpaint, and since the update messed with your pen pressure).

P.S,
    Strangely enough, devices running iOS also support pen pressure (Like IPhones, IPads etc.)
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Hello, I am having Oekaki/Java issues.

I was using Firefox and ChibiPaint V2.0 and all was well but then Firefox was telling me to install or update my Java plug in. Java is up to date but it won't accept it and I believe Firefox has ditched the Java Plugin...

So I changed to Opera browser but it won't let me use ChibiPaint, it makes me use Chicken Paint which I can't get along with at all. I can't zoom in on the edges because it won't let me scroll down enough to see it, it sometimes highlights the text or draws dots/lines when I'm scrolling (which when I don't notice ruins my artwork because there is a huge line across the whole thing) and sometimes it highlights the text on the page rather than drawing.

Thanks. :)
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:41 am

Hello,I have been having a problem with my pen pressure.

I mostly use Opera,and that browser doesn't inable pen pressure,even though I have a Wacom INTUOS pen tablet,it works in other programs like SAI or FireAlpaca though..Help?

Okay,someone suggested to check out internet explorer,so I did.Everything was fine,but now I load the Oekaki,and there ONLY appears to be the writing underneath the drawing screen??Like,the Help with drawing and current painter?
waggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snuggle_Bean » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am

Hello, I am having Oekaki/Java issues?

I used oekaki this whole week and yesterday and now its saying java needs to be updated or installed to work but my java is updated and now it wont work??? is there anyone experiencing the same thing???

╔══════════════════════════════╗

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Snuggle_Bean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 am

Does firefox no longer support the wacom plugin?? It disappeared after updating.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dead account 01 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm

The update for FireFox in March of 2017 makes it so FireFox no longer supports Java.
"I care about your life, so much so that I wait here for you to tell me all about your day. I'm sorry that I was just to much for you to care about mine."
Dead account 01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:54 pm

People with Firefox 52 issue! Go to this link, at the bottom of the page it allows you to re-enable the Java and your oekaki will once again work (for last resort people like me who can't get chrome to work and IE is just a hassle)

Note: 64 bit doesn't support java anyway, and the not-64 bit still works on a 64 bit computer (that's what I had to do).

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Problems ... ta-p/31069

Hopefully chickensmoothie can find a way to get chickenpaint to work or find another plug in or engine to run the other tools. I haven't had any luck with any other browsers except firefox. So without firefox supporting java, I'm SOL
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always down for a nap

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hamkid » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:35 pm

I see this problem under 'chibipaint' but not 'chickenpaint'.
It's the 'failed to read/load layers' thing. I'd been working on the drawing fine, then i clicked save and edit later, and a few minutes went by and i returned but then it couldn't 'read the layers'. I did everything i could think of including logging off and trying on my iPad, but no avail, still can't read it. That's literally the only drawing that won't work, and i was proud of it, too... I tried again in the morning (about 7-9 hours later?) and it won't work still. What now?

I'm using chickenpaint. Firefox browser.
hamkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby groenii » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 am

I want to use chickenpaint but I have no pen pressure with my wacom tablet.
I am using 32-bit firefox, version 52, and I updated my drivers today.
It does say I need a plugin but I don't know where to find it.
Does anyone know what to do?
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MoorClan
ImageImage
Art pieces by Ayinai, Fayfia, JB-Pawstep
groenii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups