Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby PikaPerfect » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 am

hyperthymesia. wrote:
    So I sketched out something yesterday and wanted to finish it off today, but each time I tried to load it in ChibiPaint v2, it comes up with an empty canvas and no layers, whereas with the ChickenPaint, it says it can't read the layers at all.
    I am using Internet Explorer and it was working fine yesterday but I have since moved location, so is that the problem here?

I can see the drawing when I load up the screen-
    Image but then whenever I try to save it on ChibiPaint v1 it does this

Is there any way to resolve this? ;0;

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong because I have a terrible memory), I think you need to send in a help ticket about that issue. I've seen it come up time and time again and the only responses I can remember seeing are "send in a help ticket and set it to admin only." I think one of the admins has to manually go and fix the drawing because occasionally the drawings will corrupt themselves for whatever reason (it's not too common though, so I wouldn't worry about this happening again c: )
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelo Dragomit » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:20 am

The only problem I have with Oekaki is I don't know where the Oekaki tool is. I look at some posts and the help forums but I stii couldn't find or is it just submitting art then drawing the drawing on a tool CS provide
ImageImage
Angelo Dragomit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:35 pm

I've been having issues with java not running on ie because it says your (mine) security settings have blocked it from running. specifically java security settings.
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pIanted » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 am

hello! im having trouble with pen pressure.
      im using Internet explorer 11 (or firefox, but i use IE for oekaki) on a laptop with windows 8.
      any ideas as to why it's not working?
      thank you in advance!!
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby naumachy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:57 am

i've had a problem only very recently [yesterday?] in which oekaki suddenly changed. it says chickenpaint, which it has not previously, and i thought that could be the problem but it isn't. i use chrome and i don't have a tablet - i draw on the screen of a surface.

my problems have been the scroll bar suddenly not working. it almost won't move at all, and if i can get it to, it jumps to weird places on the canvas. zoom in/out is pretty much useless now since i can't scroll. i suddenly have pen pressure, which this surface model isn't supposed to have, but it's only on oekaki [i tried firealpaca and sai]. i changed the battery in my pen, thinking that could help, but it hasn't. i'd really appreciate any help.
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:16 am

My pen sizing is off? I'm currently using Microsoft edge, but a size 2 pen looks more like a size 4 pen? The pressure works and everything. I can't use firefox, because the pen pressure cuts out when I switch tabs and switch back to the canvas. Any help is appreciated! I've tried changing/removing and restoring preferences, but that hasn't helped.
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caf. » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 am

hi all,
i have had my wacom intuos pen and touch medium for about 2 years now but have not used it for drawing since about january. my pen pressure, obviously, is no longer functional, but for whatever reason i cannot remember how to update my driver. i have visited the wacom website and downloaded 3-4 drivers advertised for intuos, none of which have worked. as well, i edited one of the firefox settings to provide built-in support for tablets, but no dice. does anybody know which driver i should download for this tablet, or at least a place i could go to find out? i don't see this tablet listed on the website anymore, though there are several that look quite like it.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spaceeboyyy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:39 am

hi,
so ive been having an issue with pen pressure. It's not working at all. I recently switched to chrome because firefox dropped support for java. When i was still using firefox with java/JTablet installed it went fine, pen pressure worked perfectly. Now that im using chickenpaint it doesnt work. I don't even know where to start with trying to solve this so if anyone can give me some direction that'd be fantastic <33

edit;; im running windows 7 and my tablet is a wp8060
Last edited by Spaceeboyyy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pansexual • genderfluid • he/him
nerd • archer • musician • a walking talking meme • blogger • taking commissions •
• im super awkward pls talk to me •
im a band kid. i play melodic percussion and bass clarinet
talk to me about music/marching band we'll be bffs

u can call me ollie <3

And as the word comes to an end,
I'll be here to hold your hand
'cause you're my king and I'm your lionheart.
A lionheart.

-Of Monsters and Men, "King and Lionheart"
Spaceeboyyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:42 am

Angelo Dragomit wrote:The only problem I have with Oekaki is I don't know where the Oekaki tool is. I look at some posts and the help forums but I stii couldn't find or is it just submitting art then drawing the drawing on a tool CS provide

Ah thats easy. Go to art>oekaki boards and then click on whatever board you want to post on. Then to the left of each of those boards is a NewDrawing button. Click that and the app will load up.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Will the wacom cintiq pro 13in work with the oekaki? It's the one that has the screen and I'm not sure if what I'm drawing will show up on the tablet and I don't want to spend all that money for the upgrade if the tablet won't work for me.
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me