"Unable to send trade message" What?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: "Unable to send trade message" What?

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:39 am

FlamingSnowpaw wrote:
Shadow wrote:
WildDragonfly wrote:
    My goodness, this COPPA stuff is still confusing me in some ways.
    I get it, but I really think they need to make announcements when changes such as this are made to explain the feature/change, and let us know if will or will not have any effect on us or other members.

An announcement was made ( viewforum.php?f=47 ), and no changes to how COPPA works were made (that's out of our control, I'm afraid).

COPPA = Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. It really has nothing to do with the glitch in the trade system; people seemed to think that they'd been COPPA'd, which would provide an explaination for not being able to send trade messages.

Essentially, CS is required to restrict kids known to be under thirteen years of age, from giving away any personal information (without having parental permission), according to this law. It's really just a new age requirement for being on the forum. x3

I hope that explains things. xD;; More info about COPPA can be found on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COPPA

But if we are not in the US, why can't we still send trade messages?

As mentioned before, it's a glitch in the system that has nothing to do with COPPA.
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:47 am

Lady wrote:The glitch in the trade messages has nothing to do with COPPA. It is effecting everyone.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:42 am

Now fixed.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me