Item (Or Maybe Pet) Suggestion

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Item (Or Maybe Pet) Suggestion

Postby Memories » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Anyways, my idea was maybe you could release some kind of generic birthday pet or item?

Like, something that says Happy Birthday (but not to anyone in particular) on it that people could give to each other. Maybe something that you could buy from the store....?

If you could program it, maybe the pet could only be adopted through a trade (so you'd never actually own the pet you'd just trade it to someone else) and then once it arrived at the owner it couldn't be traded away.

Although that might make everything more complicated then it would be worth.
Might just be easier to treat it like a regular pet just make it a very common and let people adopt as many as they want. Or to make it a store item that they could buy for friends.

I still plan on getting my friends more interesting pets for their birthdays but I have occasionally thought it would be nice just to send some random pet to the people listed under the "birthdays" section on the forums and as most of the ones down there are going to be strangers it would be nice to have something a little more generic as I'm not sure I can get pets off their wishlists for every single random person I decide to wish a happy birthday.

Anyways, thanks for reading all this!

~Star
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Item (Or Maybe Pet) Suggestion

Postby Tess » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:17 pm

I've considered doing stuff like this before but the problem is that most methods will either encourage cheating (i.e. your idea that the pets can only be gifted to other people, so if someone has no friends they'll just make an account to give one to themselves) and also problems with the fact that those who don't celebrate their birthday until nearly 12months after the release date of a new thing like this will be missing out for a long time

basically, no matter what you try and do, people will just treat it as another pet that they need to complete their collection and not many people will wait for their birthday to come around in order to get one. Or if they do have to wait, it'll be very upsetting and 'unfair' for them.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Memories » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

Ahh yea I see your point. Maybe a store item would be a better idea?
Memories

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Starstreak wrote:Ahh yea I see your point. Maybe a store item would be a better idea?

That's what I've been thinking. Sort of like the Happy Holidays signs, except just Happy Birthday! I have also liked the idea of getting ones for Trading and junk like that, just because a lot of people used to use their pets as links to trade groups.

I wouldn't suggest an alphabet though, because, well, kids will be kids. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Starstreak wrote:Ahh yea I see your point. Maybe a store item would be a better idea?

Oh, I rather like the idea of there being birthday hats, balloons, etc. in the store, so that people could dress their pets up on their birthday (or really, whenever they feel like it xD). I think, in this case, the items ought to be available regardless of when someone's birthday is, though. ^^

...Of course, now I'm getting into "items suggestion thread" territory, so I'll stop there. ^^

EDIT:
Lady wrote:I wouldn't suggest an alphabet though, because, well, kids will be kids. :lol:

Good point. xD I would be so tempted. P:

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:26 pm

I guess it would be possible to add some generic birthday items to the store, but when making stuff into pay items it still excludes a lot of people

I'll consider doing that though, it's not a bad idea :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Tess wrote:I guess it would be possible to add some generic birthday items to the store, but when making stuff into pay items it still excludes a lot of people

I'll consider doing that though, it's not a bad idea :)

True, but there will always be people who buy a bunch of each store item for trading purposes. C: I still have some C$ left over from February that I could use to buy a few birthday items to gift out to those who can't afford them or those whose names are at the bottom of the page due to birthdays. ^^

And maybe one type of hat or balloon or whatever could be free so that everyone is guaranteed to get at least something to use on their birthday. C:

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups