Pet & Item Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Postby acatalepsy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Dragon Cat wrote:
mikasi-nightwolf wrote:I don't know where I should properly ask this, but ill try here for now, if it isn't allowed please tell me and ill put it where it should go.

But anyway, none of my pets from December have their rarities yet and its almost the end of this month...(one more day to go) idk if its an error on my side or something but why haven't the rarities shown up yet? just curious is all since its been a while compared to the other times the rarities have been released. (I'm still fairly new so the Christmas event was my first so idk if maybe that has something to do with the late rarities).

Hi, none of of pets from December have shown their rarities yet, so you don't have to worry about anything :) They'll show eventually.

Pet rarities usually update within one to three months, probably on the longer end if there was an event like the Advent Calendar. It might have to do with waiting until all the pets adopted in December, which includes all the lengthy-grow time pets such as the UR Phoenix that was re-released and such pets, are full-grown. It'll likely be updated within the next month or two :')
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 am

acatalepsy wrote:
Dragon Cat wrote:
mikasi-nightwolf wrote:I don't know where I should properly ask this, but ill try here for now, if it isn't allowed please tell me and ill put it where it should go.

But anyway, none of my pets from December have their rarities yet and its almost the end of this month...(one more day to go) idk if its an error on my side or something but why haven't the rarities shown up yet? just curious is all since its been a while compared to the other times the rarities have been released. (I'm still fairly new so the Christmas event was my first so idk if maybe that has something to do with the late rarities).

Hi, none of of pets from December have shown their rarities yet, so you don't have to worry about anything :) They'll show eventually.

Pet rarities usually update within one to three months, probably on the longer end if there was an event like the Advent Calendar. It might have to do with waiting until all the pets adopted in December, which includes all the lengthy-grow time pets such as the UR Phoenix that was re-released and such pets, are full-grown. It'll likely be updated within the next month or two :')

Euh..., "within one to three months" and "It'll likely be updated within the next month or two." sound a bit "exaggerated to me...

In my Experience since I've been playing on CS (since Octb 2014), it takes on average about 3-4 weeks after a Month or Event has finished for the Rarities to get known, the longest I noticed must have been about 6 weeks I think, and the shortest, euh...!, happened twice last year I think I noticed, that some Event which was going over 2 Calendar Months was not completely finished yet (a few Pets still growing) and about 80% of the Pets from that Event got their Rarity published already while the Rarity for the remaining 20% came several weeks later, with the next "Round"...

Hum, and "which includes all the lengthy-grow time pets such as the UR Phoenix that was re-released and such pets, are full-grown." cannot be true I think, as Re-released Pets automatically get the Rarity of the True Dates which is of course all long known...
I don't think any OMGSR/VR/Rare Pet ever got its Rarity lowered from some Decb 18th Re-release Round because there were a few more released, I don't think their Rarity gets assessed again based on their Number in Circulation...

And the Rarity Algorithm anyway should be based on 'Number of Pets ever released' (as True Date and Re-released) + 'Number of Players' + 'Number of Active Players with +3_Months/+1_Year/+3_Years/etc "sleeping Accounts"'...

=> I expect that within the next 1 or 2 weeks, we get the Rarities published for Decb.2016 + Xmas.2016 + Hanukkah.2016..., and I wouldn't be surprised if Jan.2017 + NY.2017 and maybe even Chinese NY.2017 would be part of the same "Round"... We'll see...
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...
Current (Easter 2024): Sigs turned ON...!
(Total blocked (approx): 24.2Gb.)

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Fishes - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Bats - (=> 17 missing...!)
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 am

CaptainSpank wrote:
CaptainSpank wrote:Why does it take so long for "2017" to be added as a direct Entry for the (Mouseover) 'Archives' Menu...?
(For Pets and Items...)

If we want to check the Archives for 2017, we first need to select any available year from the Menu (except 2017, ah-ah...!) and only then we can click on "2017"... January is already nearly finished and that Entry has still not been added, I find that a bit strange...
(Last year for "2016" took as well a very long time before it eventually got added after several weeks...)

Would be nice if it didn't take so long every year... And Thanks if that can get fixed...!

CS

acatalepsy wrote:The menu link for 2016 was added two or three months into the year c: just be patient! It has to be coded into the system too, and that might not be a priority or easy task. It isn't difficult to navigate to 2017 without the link ^.^

CaptainSpank wrote:Thanks for the Feedback... Would be nice if some CS Mod could notice my Post and give some "official" Feedback/Status...?

- Oh...!, "2 or 3 months into the year", I thought it had taken "only" a few weeks...

- Yep, I guess it's not a "Priority", which is a pity, as I find those direct Navigation Links for the Archives very handy. I guess we can be happy then that the direct Links to 'Halloween' / 'Easter' / 'Summer' Events for example under the 'Adopt' Menu don't come and get removed 3 weeks or 3 months too late, ah-ah...! :shock:
- I can't believe it's "not an easy Task", Nick has been doing it for all previous Years, and it works perfectly in real time for special Events under the 'Adopt' Menu, so Nick must have the "Code" "somewhere"...

- Yep, I know "It isn't difficult to navigate to 2017 without the link", but the direct Link is more practical and it simply looks buggy for new Players joining the Site... That would be the first thing I would notice... :oops:

nickjr wrote:CaptainSpank has a point about ease of implementation. I think the answer is just that Nick's been busy with other stuff of higher priority and just has not yet gotten around to putting the 2017 link up.

Makes me wonder if the process for the event links is entirely automated since the event links are all the same (yes, as in the page URLs that get put in the navigation, last time I checked) while the process for putting up the link to the new year is not automated since the years are all new (does that make sense? The overall process is the same, but the exact details are not)

OK, "spamming" this Thread again, first to thank @nickjr for your Feedback/Support (you've got some interesting Links in your Sig btw, ah-ah...!), OK, we didn't hear any "Official" Feedback from CS, but I noticed today (Th.02/02/2017) that "2017" got finally added as a direct Link for the Archives, both for Pets and Items.

Perfect and Pb solved, Thanks @Nick I guess..., would be nice if that could be implemented every year a bit quicker, for the Reasons I and @nickjr have mentioned... :idea:

=> Be ready already for Mo.01/01/2018, ah-ah...!! :clap:
"Pragmatic Thinker"...
I don't try to read anymore when Users use ']Size=85[' (or smaller...!) on the Forum or in their Trade Rules..., as this is completely unreadable on Desktop in any Browser...!
In the Jungle/Forest/Cave...!: wrote:CaptainSpank is hanging upside-down from lianas, wondering how that happened...!
Oh no!, a snake in the grass! CaptainSpank jumps out of the way and hides behind a mushroom...!

I usually have Sigs turned OFF, (except Events), because of too many heavy ('.gif') Pix (metered Connection, I pay per Mb), and I don't want to know the SPR Orientation of other Players on a Game Site...

The Pets from my 'Special & Rare Pets' Group are open for (nice!) Trades / True Date Swaps...

Dreamie(s)...!):
- Owls - (=> 11 missing...!) // - Staff Dogs - [2010-2019] COMPLETED...!! (Missing 2x [2020] + 2x [2021].)
"Big" Dreamies: Animal Eggs [#1-#4](2009) + 'Husky'(2014). (Missing x4+1 in total...)
All Animal Eggs I already have are visible in this Group, with their corresponding Pet...

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gbot13 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:48 pm

I have thoroughly looked for these pets in the archive... I must be blind or something, because I am nearly positive they do not exist in the archive.

Thank you in advance!

The pets:

Feel free to commission me for feral/animal art! My art shop
Click here for examples of my art:My art blog! My DA!

gbot13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:54 pm

gbot13 wrote:I have thoroughly looked for these pets in the archive... I must be blind or something, because I am nearly positive they do not exist in the archive.

Thank you in advance!

The pets:

xxxxxHey there ^.^ those pets can be found here. They're a litter that was an extended release; you can read about those here

Discuss March 2021 here!

acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainSpank » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 am

CaptainSpank wrote:=> I expect that within the next 1 or 2 weeks, we get the Rarities published for Decb.2016 + Xmas.2016 + Hanukkah.2016..., and I wouldn't be surprised if Jan.2017 + NY.2017 and maybe even Chinese NY.2017 would be part of the same "Round"... We'll see...
Last edited by CaptainSpank on Sat 04 Feb 2017 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ah-ah...!, exactly like I said yesterday...
Rarity has now been published for Decb.2016 + Jan.2017 Pets, including 'Chinese NY' as well...
=> Which gives a "5 weeks" waiting time for the Decb Pets...
"Pragmatic Thinker"...

Dreamie(s)...!):

CaptainSpank

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _CALIXOCAAT_ » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 am

Hello c; I had a question about a certain pet I received in a trade recently ;

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/viewpet.php?id=224247871

I saw this pet was a rerelease pet, and I didn't understand how this was possible. I thought that only rare+ pets could be rereleased?
╔════════════════════════════════════════╗
--------------------------------------------------------------
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
☆IF YOU DONT LIKE CATS ☆
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━┓

heyo! i'm calixo but feel free to call me dapp! i love
trading and making new friends so feel free to PM me anytime ! art

┗━━━━━━━━━xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I DONT LIKE YOU YOU YOU
╚════════════════════════════════════════╝
_CALIXOCAAT_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:50 am

_CALIXOCAAT_ wrote:Hello c; I had a question about a certain pet I received in a trade recently ;

I saw this pet was a rerelease pet, and I didn't understand how this was possible. I thought that only rare+ pets could be rereleased?

xxxxxThat's not a guarantee; it was only installed as a thing a few years recently, and regular users never know if that policy is still in place for each current December 18th. I think the most likely explanation is that the cat was rare when it was adopted as a re-release, but because of rarity fluctuations from people coming back online due to the Advent Calendar and the turn of a new year for CS, it went down to UC. Within a few months, rarities that changed due to that surge of activity will likely go back to where they were

Discuss March 2021 here!

acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

acatalepsy wrote:
_CALIXOCAAT_ wrote:Hello c; I had a question about a certain pet I received in a trade recently ;

xxxxxThat's not a guarantee; it was only installed as a thing a few years recently, and regular users never know if that policy is still in place for each current December 18th. I think the most likely explanation is that the cat was rare when it was adopted as a re-release, but because of rarity fluctuations from people coming back online due to the Advent Calendar and the turn of a new year for CS, it went down to UC. Within a few months, rarities that changed due to that surge of activity will likely go back to where they were

Actually, December 18th pets are slightly different than that. There is no guarantee that you get a Rare pet from the Rereleases. Litters are rereleased if they contain a rare pet. So you can get a pet from a rerelease that is not a rare (normally at least uncommon though, I don't think I've ever seen a rerelease that was common although there are a couple of quite old pets that are still common) if there is a rare and an uncommon in the same litter. When you adopt your Dec 18th pets you still get a random pet from the litter that you received a pet from.
For Example, this pup here:
Pet's name: October 2010 Dog

I don't believe he was ever rare, as there's only 1 rare pet in the litter, he's from late 2010 where most pets are still leaning uncommon/common, and there's is a common in the litter as well.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:34 am

RandomSia wrote:
acatalepsy wrote:

Actually, December 18th pets are slightly different than that. There is no guarantee that you get a Rare pet from the Rereleases. Litters are rereleased if they contain a rare pet. So you can get a pet from a rerelease that is not a rare (normally at least uncommon though, I don't think I've ever seen a rerelease that was common although there are a couple of quite old pets that are still common) if there is a rare and an uncommon in the same litter. When you adopt your Dec 18th pets you still get a random pet from the litter that you received a pet from.
For Example, this pup here:
Pet's name: October 2010 Dog

I don't believe he was ever rare, as there's only 1 rare pet in the litter, he's from late 2010 where most pets are still leaning uncommon/common, and there's is a common in the litter as well.

The last two years you have been guaranteed to get a rare+ pet. It did work that way before, but it's been changed.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me