Pet & Item Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Archive - report missing pets/errors etc here.

Postby nickjr » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:42 pm

Kayoubi wrote:
louiserace wrote:The archive entry from November 2015 for the horses has been put in the wrong order. The ages do not make sense with Age 25 appearing before Age 21.

The outcomes thread from November 2015 has the following order of growth
(snip)

No matter what order these horses are put in, it will still be confusing, as the growth pattern was branching and is trying to be depicted on a linear path. This seems to be one of the best ways to show it, as far as I can tell, as the Day 25 outcome is shown on the bottom of the double boxes (its rarity on the top) so it can be assumed that the Day 21 horse grew first. It would be impossible to get a truly clean-looking archive for this particular litter given the archive's format, as the Outcomes thread image is not easily translatable to the archive.

I also think it's actually incorrect and not a symptom of weird archive layouts. Discussed on this page in 2015; the tl;dr is that the Age 21 horse should be in the Age 25 horse's place, and the Age 25 horse should be below the Age 24 horse, which matches the outcomes chart AND makes sense because you can't have an Age 16 horse turn into an Age 25 horse and then an Age 21 horse, which is the current progression in the Archives. (Yes, this means making the Age 16 horse span the equivalent of three rows; this is similar to the outcomes chart, where there are three rows that the Age 16 horse can appear in, although the design choice was to have no third appearance and instead have two branches coming out of the stage that follows the second appearance)

Edit: The rarity above the Age 25 horse is for the Age 16 horse. I cannot recall a single instance in the archives of a rarity bar being anywhere other than to the right of a pet image. And that Age 25 horse is not a final outcome. This matches the outcomes chart.

Due to the way pets grow, it is possible for any clean outcomes chart to be mapped perfectly to the Archives. It's only because of the number of outcomes in some litters + consideration of having to physically follow the outcomes charts/archives that some outcomes charts/archives look strange. If worst comes to worst, we get something mapped like the Rainbow Mane litter was mapped. That one is perfectly easy to follow if you can physically follow it lol but sometimes we get something like the time of day horse litter from August 2010, which can still be followed just fine. Everything is just a sideways tree diagram. We have weird discrepancies like this vs this (same type of split growth [I'm pretty sure that Age 28 yellow pony from November 2009 had only one image, yes], different mappings) but these are still easy to follow; you have an ending branch when you see the rarity bar, and you have a continuing branch when you see another outcome.

I think I'm done editing now nope, now I'm done editing okay NOW I'm done editing

... wow I sound like a jerk in this post. Did not mean to come off like that at all OTL Why is it that I try to be as emotionless as possible (because I'm just listing facts) and then come off as angry and smug lol darn it
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:46 pm

nickjr wrote:I also think it's actually incorrect and not a symptom of weird archive layouts. Discussed on this page in 2015; the tl;dr is that the Age 21 horse should be in the Age 25 horse's place, and the Age 25 horse should be below the Age 24 horse, which matches the outcomes chart AND makes sense because you can't have an Age 16 horse turn into an Age 25 horse and then an Age 21 horse, which is the current progression in the Archives. (Yes, this means making the Age 16 horse span the equivalent of three rows; this is similar to the outcomes chart, where there are three rows that the Age 16 horse can appear in, although the design choice was to have no third appearance and instead have two branches coming out of the stage that follows the second appearance)

Edit: The rarity above the Age 25 horse is for the Age 16 horse. I cannot recall a single instance in the archives of a rarity bar being anywhere other than to the right of a pet image. And that Age 25 horse is not a final outcome. This matches the outcomes chart.

-snip-

Wait, really? Okay, then that is seriously screwed up, esp since it's so unclear which pet that one rarity bar corresponds to. This should definitely be fixed.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am

CS birthday and Easter are swapped for some years. Did we celebrate them at different times in 2014 and 2011?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 am

Shian wrote:CS birthday and Easter are swapped for some years. Did we celebrate them at different times in 2014 and 2011?

I'd guess so, depending on when Easter was in various years. Some years it's decidedly before CS birthday (late March) when some years it's decidedly after (mid-late April).
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Is there any particular reason that Nick's Chickens don't have their own "Species" in the Archive Filters?

I would think they've been around long enough now, and with 3 "litters" they're part of, we'd have enough of them to warrant having their own listed species.
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage922,931Image203Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:38 am

Where is the pony cat costume store item? I can't find it in the archives under "store items" and "all"
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:48 am

Shian wrote:Where is the pony cat costume store item? I can't find it in the archives under "store items" and "all"

Here
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:51 am

Thanks.
ImageImage
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luxrayx » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:43 am

The new year's GUPPS released this year is listed correctly in the archive, but I have to go to the start of 2016 to view it on my wishlist. Rather insignificant, but an error nonetheless :roll:
Luxrayx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:16 am

Luxrayx wrote:The new year's GUPPS released this year is listed correctly in the archive, but I have to go to the start of 2016 to view it on my wishlist. Rather insignificant, but an error nonetheless :roll:

Pets on your wishlist are ordered by when they were coded into the site, which is pretty often some time before they get released, so they sit in a weird place. It would be nice if this was changed though, it can be pretty confusing!
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me