DCAC | free characters | closed, check new thread!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: DCAC | free characters | open!

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 pm

I would like to try for this character

[img]CHARACTER'S%IMAGE%HERE[/img]
Username: Sparkfall
Kennel Number: 35
Species and/or Breed: Lion
Use: I am assembling a lion pride from some of my OCs (Acacia Pride), but there are no cubs yet. He would be used for drawing and anything else I use the pride for.
Name: Abioye
Personality: Abioye is happy and optimistic at most times, playful, adventurous, and he is very curious and can be boisterous, leading to him getting into a lot of trouble, he is also trusting and naive. While not particularly responsible, he will be more responsible and have better judgement when he is older. He is a well meaning cub that is sensitive to other’s feelings and is never intentionally rude. He also tries to be well behaved (Sometimes).
History: Abioye was not born in Acacia Pride. He was originally born in another, somewhat nearby Pride in a rocky valley. But when he was still very young a rogue male lion ousted the previous leader. At that time he was still isolated from the pride and his mother kept him hidden for weeks to keep him from possibly being attacked by the new leader. Eventually his mother took him somewhere else. Soon they found Acacia Pride, the leaders of which were much more tolerant of cubs that were not their own. He quickly integrated into Acacia Pride, and befriended some of the other cubs. Though he is sometimes troublesome.
Extra(s): He barely remembers more than a notion of his old pride, as he was too young to see the rest of the pride when it was taken over. His optimistic attitude is quite different from that of his slightly paranoid mother’s, and his lack of care causes his mother worry. Once he clibed one of the trees in the Pride’s camp and almost fell out of it. He also got lost on several occasions. He loves climbing and squeezing into small spaces (caves, burrows, etc).
hopesanddreams Hopefully I did that right
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Nice forms, guys! Remember code drop is in 6 days, so make sure to finish up your forms by then.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 am

(xxx - design credit)

x

Username: q1q2q3q4
Kennel Number: 43
Species: Lioness

Name: Lana
Use: To add to my
collection of characters!
I'll mostly be developing
her in my scifi universe.
She will be used in other
settings over time.

I'm
going to focus my entry
on my main scifi world,
however I have some
other things planned for
her, including an au
where she never leaves
her home planet.

hopesanddreams

Setting: The Universe of Kalamar

Personality:
Lana is by far, one of the most passionate, kind hearted and wonderful beings someone could ever meet. She's always full of expression and her displayed emotions are almost always true to her real feelings. She can be a little lazy at times, but when it comes down to it, Lana is always up and ready for a challenge. She's very passionate about the things she cares about and isn't afraid to stand up to it. She's tough and hard to break, and won't think twice about standing up to a bully or someone abusing their power. She's also rather good at talking her way out of things, using her nice charm and personality to get off the hook almost every time. She can be occasionally shy on a personal basis, but she doesn't fear standing out and speaking up.

History:
Lana was born on the terraformed planet, Atmos Leeu. She was born to a large lion pride, the most dominant one on Atmos Leeu.
She grew up on this planet within a strong and loving family. As a cub, she saw everything as perfect, even when it wasn't. She turned a blind, innocent eye to how her lion pride basically bullied the smaller lion prides on the planet. She often forgot that half of the food she was eating was actually stolen kills from other lions, often from the large pride's common victims, the smallest lion pride on Atmos Leeu (this is the one Yukon was born into).
As Lana grew older, she became more aware of the things her lion pride did. She felt horrible, she'd just ignored the horrible things everyone was doing. Yes, she was in the largest, best pride. Yes, life was a lot easier than most. But these luxuries came at such a guilty cost that Lana just couldn't stand.
As a young adult, Lana fled from her pride, her full intent to leave Atmos Leeu altogether. However, the last seen outside vessel had arrived at the planet when she was a young cub and left the same day. Apart from that, there was no sign of any outside life to the residents of Atmos Leeu. But Lana could remember this event very clearly, despite it having occured many years ago.
Lana roamed free of her lion's pride for almost a year, before she finally came across the escape she was searching for. It was an abandoned research centre, hidden in an uninhabited area of the planet. Inside the research centre wasn't much, no-one had been there in years. However, there was an escape pod. In a heartbeat, Lana took her chance and activated it. This was it, she was leaving. She was going into the unknown, unsure of where she'll end up, or if she'll even survive.
Lana landed on a nearby planet a few years later. The escape pod had warped time on the inside, so to Lana, it only took a few minutes.
She spent a while on this planet and learnt about the warlord Kalamar and the atrocious things he was doing. Lana decided that something needed to be done about Kalamar, so she set up a secret rebel organisation to campaign against him.
To this day, Lana spends her life traveling, protesting and hiding from the forces of Kalamar.
x
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:57 am

Username: CaptainRon
Kennel Number: 17
Species and/or Breed: Eastern Dragon
Use: He will be a character in a story that I am working on, about a secret village full of dragons in a part of the world were dragons aren't believed in.
Name: Star Watcher
Age: a few hundred years (dragon equivalent of late teens)
Personality: Shy, but curious. Very friendly.
History: He has lived his whole life in the dragon village, and actually didn't even know that there was much more in the world than dragons, until one day he encounters Pantheras, the demigod and son of the only deity recognized by the dragons. Pantheras has just returned home from a long visit of watching the humans to gain intel for his father, and he tells his tales to Star Watcher, who then decides that he too, wants to visit the humans- whatever those are.
Extra(s): tba
hopesanddreams
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Username: captainron
Kennel Number: 102
Species and/or Breed: dogcat
Use: Short Stories
Name: Violet
Personality: Violet is very transparent in her emotions, but she doesn't tend to linger in any one emotion too long. If she gets angry, she can easily be calmed down, if she gets sad, she can easily be cheered up. However, she can tend to act a little bitterly towards purebred cats or dogs.
History:
The Jorgensan family was well known for their exceptional animal husbandry skills. People would pay excessive amounts of money to purchase high-quality, pure-bred kittens and puppies from them. Many of the pets they bred went on to win shows and contests, and in general, they were considered to be well worth the investment. When their newest queen gave birth to her first litter, they were not disappointed- she had four, perfectly lovely long haired calico kittens, one was even a male; Ka-ching! (For reference, male calicoes are only possibly through a rare gene mutation, it's less common than heterocromia, and some people are willing to pay an unreasonable amount of money to get mutated cats.) Mr and Mrs. Jorgensan only turned away for a moment before a new surprise arrived- a fifth... kitten? This new infant was not like the others, it was purple... and... it didn't quite look like a cat.
"Poor thing," Mrs. Jorgensan commented, "We'll just have to take it to the vet and put it to sleep, I don't think it could live long with this strange anatomy." Her husband pondered her suggestion, but before he had a chance to reply, their curious young daughter star arrived, eager to see the babies. She gasped upon seeing the deformed creature.
"It's so pretty!!!" She exclaimed, taking into consideration only it's color. "Can we keep it?"
((Will edit this later if I get the chance, but I'm gonna have to summarize for now.))
Basically, the parents agree to let Star keep violet, but none of their other cats like violet because they can sense she is a dog, and none of the other dogs like her because they can sense she is a cat. The parents don't know what it is, but they don't want it to accidentally breed with one of their "real" animals, so they take it to the vet to get fixed. The vets ask if they can run some DNA tests on it, and with permission from the family, they do. It's discovered that violet is half-cat, half-dog, a group of scientist are fascinated by her, and offer MILLIONS of dollars to purchase her, they don't hide their intentions to preform inhuman experiments n her, but the parents, motivated by greed, agree to the sell. Star, overhearing the conversation, takes Violet into the mountains to release her. She gives violet a collar with a Star on it an promises to come looking for her when she is older.
Extra(s): ((I did some art, but idk if I can upload it before the deadline))
hopesanddreams
Last edited by CaptainRon on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:15 pm

x

Kennel Number: 66
Species: Lion
Use: To use him as one of my characters! Use him in different worlds, art and stuff like that.

Name: Cupo

Personality:
If you were to meet Cupo for the first time, you'd either get one out of two first impressions about him.

The first one, you'd see him as a nice, caring guy. You'd see a happy man, who isn't the most intelligent, but you'd see that he's doing well all the same. He's more expressive than your average guy and his good mood seems to rub off onto those around you. He seems to be an optimist who's always looking for the best in things. He seems a great guy to be around, someone who's often up for a bit of fun, although he's not stupid and knows when things go too far. Overall you'd see a great, social guy.

The second impression you may get is quite the opposite. You'd see him as villainous, malicious and untrustworthy. You'd instantly see a troubled figure, but not someone from a troubled past. Simpily someone who really doesn't know what they're doing with their life. You'd noatice they're more intelligent than they want you to think and by observing patterns in behaviour, you'd realise they're a logical thinker who spends every possible second thinking about something before they do something. You'd also noatice that the less they think, the dumber they seem to act, but ultimately the happier they appear.

Cupo can be a bit of a strange character. Some of his more positive traits can occasionally be a mask he uses to hide more negative traits about himself. However, there are times where Cupo's posative traits are actually what he's feeling like at the time. Cupo is a combination of good and bad traits, just as almost anyone is. However, he seems to present himself in such a way that you either see all his good traits or all his bad traits. Only those who are close to him truly knows him and see's him with all of his traits, the good and the bad. Cupo is actually pessimistic, but he is in such a way that forces him to try to look for good things in everything, to avoid being completely miserable all of the time.

History:
Born in a civilisation that hosts many different species from across the universe.
Stayed with his family untill he reached collage, then moved to an apartment.
Went through collage but changed his mind about what he wanted to do and then moved to a different apartment further away.
Here he begun to get into a habbit of spending too much money and fell into deep debt.
He decided to borrow some money and set some sort of profitable business up.
He ends up creating a small sandwich shop that gradually grew big. He paid off his debt and begun to gain profit.
Cupo then sold his buisness and moved to an island with a friend he made through his buisness.
He begun investing in tourist resorts for the island and became responsible for a chain of resorts there.
He hardly does any work towards these resorts as he's hired others to do most work, and yet he still makes loads of money through this.
Uses his now stable income to return to his bad habbits, but without the debt issues it previously involved.
He still hasn't done anything he wants to do with his life, he's spent all of his time so far simpily trying to profit wherever he can and manipulate others in any way possible to profit his buisness.
To this day, Cupo spends his life questioning what he's doing and trying to find something he wants to do.
hopesanddreams
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 pm

(i beleive i can enter a 5th time because i revamped something this round?)

Kennel Number: 102
Species: DogCat
Breed: Cherry DogCat

Use: Primarily to use
in my time truffles world.

Name: Violet Pebble
(20 human years equivalent)

She often uses the name
Scouter instead of her real
name.

hopesanddreams

Personality:
Violet loves nothing more than running freely through the snow. She was once a very shy, timid creature, however she's overcome her fears.

For the first two years of her life, she was a pet with a loving home. She was confident, playful and a bit bossy. Her owner overfed her a little, but she was fine and well. She was also very trusting towards almost everyone she'd come across.
However, at the age of two she was abandoned. Violet just couldn't understand why and she was rather confused by this at first. Eventually she started to blame herself. She suddenly became timid and anxious, afraid of everything. Violet lost her trust in everything.
As she grew familiar with her new enviroment, Violet started to gain more confidence, however she remained cautious. She learnt how to survive and shaped herself into a tough being. She gradually lost her fears over time.

Nowadays, Violet is a confident young adult. She's still cautious about certain dangers, however compared to how she used to be, she's extremely confident. She's managed to become a little more carefree and she took up running as a pastime. The cold wind in her face reminds her of her freedom, something Violet has grown to love. She can be a little playful, messing about with local species and trying to get into games with them, although Violet mostly keeps to herself. She still doesn't trust things easily and can be hard to open up if she doesn't come to you. She's learnt to think things through before running into the action, although on occasions she forgets to do this.

History:
Born on the planet Tausa as a crossbreed lab creation, Violet was sold to a young Tausalien as a pet. The Tausalien ended up abandoning her on a very cold planet called Neva when Violet was just 2 tausa years of age. Up untill then Violet had lived happily as a pet. The Tausalien left her with very little, her collar, scarf, an old blanket and a small portion of food.
Luckily, Violet was abandoned on the half of the planet that was in summer at the time. She managed to survive on her own and she learnt how to hunt some small prey by watching a local species of a similar size to her. Violet spent the next few months following the local species, learning how to survive in the harsh environment.
She noticed that traders would occasionally visit the planet to trade goods. Violet begun to involve herself in trading supplies in order to gain things like a fur coat, so she could hunt in the winter, instead of having to overhunt and stash food before winter came. She came up with the name Scouter to use when communicating with traders and anyone who she didn't trust.
To this day, she lives on Neva and spends her time trading goods. She gains a lot of profit by trading time truffles, the deadly species came to Nova a few years before, however it can't survive well in the environment so couldn't take over the whole planet.

x

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

p1 lines by Adoptadpoles on da

p2 was done by KandleKitty on MagiStream
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(art with a T4Q's signature was done by me)
Last edited by Raptocidic on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 am, edited 14 times in total.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EtaryaFae » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Username: Juggalette97
Kennel Number: 17
Species and/or Breed: Eastern Dragon (Japanese Ryu?)
Use: Art, possible roleplay, and character in book I'm working on.
Name: Takara
Gender: Female (Due to pretty mane and thick tail, rounder body, straighter nose, and thinner scales than a male)
Personality: Takara is overall a vibrant, playful, and empathetic dragon. Due to her young age, she can be a bit naive at times. She is highly stubborn and despite usually being calm and complaisant, she can get aggressive when pushed. When she gets upset, her anger and frustration can cause severe rainstorms or floods.
History: After hatching from her pearl-like egg, Takara stayed in a cave under the large lake which held her nest. She swam in the waters and built up her strength over a few years. One afternoon she decided to roam further away from her cave and the waters she grew up in, taking to the air and flying through the trees. She noticed a group of children making their way toward her lake. Curious about these odd creatures, Takara glided over towards them and began watching them. She snuck closer to them as they started playing in the water, splashing each other and shouting. One of the children fell into the deep waters and she dived into the lake and pulled him out. The children were in awe of her, and she let them pet her and played with them until the sun began to set and they left. She would play with them, day after day, until her shimmering scales caught the attention of one of the mothers. Dragon's bones and teeth were often used in medicine, and it wasn't long until humans came and tried to capture Takara. The lake began to swell as she fled to her cave under the water. It became impossible for the humans to reach her and she has stayed there, only leaving every century to fly in the night. The land around her lake has been abandoned by humans for a long time, and she still wants to know more about them.
Extra(s): Takara's name is Japanese and means "treasure, jewel", referring to the Eastern Dragon's habit of collecting colorful gemstones. Still growing, she has reached a length of 130 feet long. She has three toes, so she is of Japanese origin. Like all Japanese Eastern dragons, her breath is divine energy and can turn into clouds and produce rain or fire. Eastern Dragons are mostly associated with "yang" and relates to masculinity, the sun, light, and positivity. The darker scales represent "yin", relating to femininity, the moon, earth, dark, and negativity (which is the base of her aggression).
hopesanddreams
Last edited by EtaryaFae on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am in Image
Inbox is always open! :3

|•|My Colony (Storkies, Hearthoots)|•|
EtaryaFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 am

We'll be closed for judging in a couple hours!
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:23 am

Imagehopesanddreams
Username;; ~Prophecy~
Kennel Number;; 105
Use;;
    This character will be used alongside of my other characters! They will be drawn a bunch and written about!
Name;; Vassago

Gender;; Female

Age;;
    Young adult/Around 20
    (in a world where dogs live as long as humans)
Species and/or Breed;; Husky

Personality;;
    Unforgiving
    Greedy
    Overly Confident
    Narcissistic Occasionally
    Moody
    Quick to change opinions
    Grudge Holding
    Prone to lying
    Easily angered
    Untrustworthy
    Untrusting
    Doubtful
History;;
    “I used to be good. No, I used to be great.
    I used to be powerful. And I saw that in myself. I really did. I used to be beautiful, and I saw that too. I wish I hadn't. I... I was too confident in myself and... I didn't know... They did something to me... something evil... I swear I didn't know... I didn't know... I did not know. I wouldn't have- I really wouldn't have taken them. I'm sorry. You are standing right in front of me and I couldn't be more grateful that I have this chance even if I still can't make things fully right. I've lied before but this time I promise I am not. They say the eyes tell a story and are a window to true feelings. And I loved you and didn't want you to see that... so I kept away... It is ironic that someone so good a finding things is so bad at hiding stuff. I am trying to keep back tears and I am trying to not to cry. I am sorry. These... these crystals... They haunt me every night. They taunt me and tease me. I shouldn't have taken them from you. They were yours. You could control them and they were your only companions others than me. No offense. I... I... I can't control the spirits inside well. I know I am terrible and I deserve this but know that I truly am sor-
    No... no no no... you... you... YOU... no... you let me take them... didn't you. Your spirit gems were always guarded with your life... you wouldn't have just been so careless... you knew they would tempt me- that the spirit's treasure would tempt me and you knew they would only break me down. Is this revenge? Are you still mad?! You. You did this to me. I can't get rid of any of these twenty gems so maybe I'll just have to learn to control the spirits inside. You wanted me to suffer, and that's what you got. One of them has been talking my ear off and won't shut up! But you wanted me to suffer for eternity, but now that your powers is gone, you are going to suffer for eternity along with me. I loved you... I hate you.”
      Vassago stole twenty gems from her best friend who she loved. The gems each contain a spirit companion and hold/protect a treasure. Vassago can't control the spirits and the spirits don't really like her all that much. The original owner, Vassago’s friend, was born mute, and one of the gems gave her speech, which has now been taken away. The gems cannot be given back as they have been unwillingly bound to Vassago. Vassago is now suffering with the burden of these spirits and is being torn down by them and their pestering. Vassago was deeply sorry, but being paranoid, she ended up thinking her friend let her steal the gems and wanted her to suffer. The friend cannot escape Vassago's wrath and is held prisoner (but she actually is not treated all that bad, still being fed regularly and having a comfortable living space) by Vassago. Vassago thinks her friend is being mean to her, but really she is fine and only misses what she lost- her voice, the joy of nature, freedom, and her friend.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me