⇜ Doom Hounds - Hiatus ⇝

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Would you guys be interested in watching art streams where I work on...

Poll ended at Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:44 am

Customs, DH litters, and Breedings?
25%
Some DH art, and some personal art?
13%
DH related art requests/fan art/character art?
5%
I would watch all of them.
48%
I wouldn't watch any of them.
10%

Total votes : 40

⇜ Doom Hounds - Hiatus ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 am

On June seventh, year two-thousand and six, an earthquake caused
an oil mine in Southeast Asia to collapse. It buried thousands of workers. Natural gas leaked
from the split in the earth, forcing the population to evacuate. Of those who stayed, many
died. Then emerged the Hounds.
Skin like charred stone, cracked and flaking, their insides burning white hot. If we had
imagined anything to live under the Earth's crust, it was not this. We humans so often fear
what we cannot predict, what we cannot understand... Guns were fired. Soldiers from
overseas moved in on the assumed threat, blasting iron into the burning hearts of the
Hounds. When a Hound fell, molten rock spilled from it's wounds, destroying all in it's path.
The core of a Hound stayed hot for days, scorching the earth beneath it. One violent death
caused so much destruction, and still we did not learn our lesson. Hundreds were slaughtered,
and miles of land burned beneath the bodies of the beasts.
We humans feared for our lives. We could not fight without bringing disaster upon ourselves.
What if the Hounds decided to fight back? This would not stop until someone stepped forth.
Fortunately, someone did.
The fighting ceased. The Hounds remained passive. And then, one approached a small village.
The humans were petrified, but the Hound simply stared; simply waited. It waited, and
waited, for two whole days and two whole nights. Until, one evening, the sun glowing crimson
against the ashen clouds, a woman stepped up. She stood in front of the beast, and before
her eyes, it changed. A canine, with body and fur like any other. The eyes were the only things
that did not become another; they remained blank. No pupil, no shine. Just a coloured sphere.
Many questions had to yet be asked, but one thing was certain; these Hounds were not the
monsters we thought they were.

xxx

Welcome to the Doom Hound adoption centre! As you may have
noticed, it's been just over a decade since what we have come to call, 'Doomsday',
and everything is pretty much back to normal. Well, the site where the massacre
took place is still uninhabitable, but other than that, things have tidied up nicely.

Oh, that's right! Silly me, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm munchqueen;
I run the adoption centre, alongside my faithful Hound companion, Char. Now that we have developed an understanding for Doom Hounds, they've become a huge part of modern life. They're great house pets (no healthcare required), have minor magical abilities, and are great for utility purposes such as construction and police work. We're lucky to have them, you know! There's no need to be frightened, they are quite gentle. All of the Hounds here are looking for homes... Perhaps you could help them find one?

munchqueen
owner/all the things

"Bow down to
your Queen!"
event coord/general mod

"Things never happen
the same way twice."
SpaceDad
general moderator

"(PM me
your quote)"
starryprinxe
litter artist

"(PM me
your quote)"
silent.
litter artist

"Sometimes I pretend
to be normal."

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
Last edited by munchqueen on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 am, edited 24 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Rules ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 am

general wrote:
+ All Tess' rules apply.

+ Doom Hounds may not be used off-site, and are for use only on chickensmoothie.com.

+ Doom Hounds cannot be sold or traded for on-site or off-site currency. They can, however, be sold or traded for polished coal, items from the DH shop, and/or other Doom Hounds, so long as permission is given by the owner of the adoption centre.

+ Art theft is not tolerated. Breaking of this rule will result in an immediate ban, which will very likely be permanent. All line art was created by munchqueen.

+ Do not use a Doom Hound unless it is registered as belonging to you.

+ Do not harass or pressure staff to get things done faster. They have the right to take their time, and I can guarantee that none of them enjoy it.

+ If a user is permanently banned from the DH adoption centre, any owned Doom Hounds will be sent to the pound to be readopted. This does not include customs. Items and polished coal may also be removed from the bank (after all, they will be unusable); there will be no refund.

+ Do not spam this thread. This includes posts such as advertisements for other threads, 'bumping' (if I need to, I will bump), congratulating others on winning raffles or posting about winning a raffle yourself, and complaining (say, if you do not win a raffle).

+ If you are bothered by something/someone or have any concerns, do not approach that person with hostility. Bring your concerns to the appropriate staff members, and they will be dealt with accordingly.

+ You may only apply for one Doom Hound per litter.

+ Do not mini-mod; any issues will be dealt with by the appropriate staff members.

staff wrote:
+ All users on this thread must be respected, no matter what they do or who they are.

+ Artists should not use pure black, or any colour which will render the line art invisible. If the lines are visible, the colour is acceptable to use.

+ If an artist plans on doing something special for a litter (i.e. line edits), they must first receive permission.

+ Artists may not enter for a Doom Hound from a litter they made.

+ Should a staff member be absent with no warning for an extended period of time (generally a month), they maybe be removed temporarily or permanently from their position. They may reapply upon their return (given applications are open) if they wish to have their position back.

+ Artists will be expected to send in one litter a month, at minimum. If something gets in the way of this expectation, the artist may contact me via PM to work out an alternative.
Last edited by munchqueen on Tue May 30, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Subspecies ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:53 am

Common traits are the default for Doom Hounds; they're the most common, and will be seen the most often in litters. Common traits can be passed from parent to offspring.
They include the common tail and common body traits.
Uncommon traits are seen less often in litters, but are certainly not rare. Uncommon traits can be passed from parent to offspring.
They include the short tail, no tail, and dino spines traits.
Rare traits are only seen in litters occasionally. Rare traits can be passed from parent to offspring.
They include raccoon tail, reptile tail, feathered wings, and juvenile traits.
Mythical taits are extremely rare, and are only seen during events. Without the help of an Essence of Magic, which can be bought from the store, mythical traits cannot be passed from parent to offspring.
No mythical traits have been discovered yet.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Adoptions ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:55 am

Many of the Doom Hounds that pass through the adoption centre are only infants, and need a family to care for them.
All litters will be raffles. You may only enter for one Doom Hound per litter. If your form is not filled out completely and correctly, it will not be accepted and you will not be entered in the raffle.

artist; munchqueen || litter name; mandala
end date; Saturday, August 26th

#040 wrote:

#041 wrote:

#042 wrote:

adoption form;
Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]I want to adopt a Doom Hound![/b]

[b]username[/b]; here
[b]litter name[/b]; here
[b]hound number[/b]; here
[b]hound name[/b]; here
[b]why do you want this hound?[/b]; here
[b]other[/b]; Thank you![/size][/center]
Last edited by munchqueen on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:14 am, edited 41 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Breeding ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 am

One thing all Doom Hound owners should know - especially the ones looking to breed their Hounds - is that they do not reproduce by ordinary means. Instead, it is all based on magical energy; two parents work together, mixing their magics to create their pups. The pups still look like their parents because of the magical signature left behind by them; half of one parent's, and half of the other's, combined to make a new, unique magic.
In order to breed, Doom Hounds must ingest a Glowing Leaf; this gives their magic a boost, to aid them in the birth of their pups. You can purchase Glowing Leaves from the store, just down the way.
The owner of the parent hounds will be able to choose one offspring to keep, and the rest will be put up for adoption. If there are multiple owners, they will each be able to choose one to keep, before the rest go up for adoption.

nest #1 wrote:Image Image

(offspring here)

items used; glowing leaf || form; here

nest #2 wrote:Image Image

(offspring here)

items used; [i]glowing leaf || form; here

This is the temporary nest. If the owner of one or more parent Hounds does not answer the PM to claim a pup within two weeks after it is sent, the contents of that nest will be moved here. Another two weeks without answer and the litter will go up for adoption, whether the owner has claimed a pup or not.

temp. nest wrote:[img]parent1[/img] [img]parent2[/img]

(offspring here)

items used; here || form; [url]here[/url]

breeding form;
[center][size=85][b]I want to breed my Doom Hounds![/b]

[b]username[/b];
[b]parent #1[/b]; [img]here[/img]
[b]parent #2[/b]; [img]here[/img]
[i]items used[/i]; here
[b]do both hounds belong to you? if not, do you have permission to breed from the other owner?[/b];[/size][/center]
Last edited by munchqueen on Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Customs ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 6:58 am

Though most Doom Hounds have fixed patterns at birth due to the magical signature left by their parents, some have the ability to change their patterns. However, this ability only lasts for a short period of time, during the first few weeks of their life; afterwards, the pattern becomes fixed, and is unchangeable.
Of the pups that are born with this special ability, some come around here, the adoption centre. They provide us the custom service, as pups can be influenced by their surroundings into turning a certain colour and developing certain patterns.
No pups are harmed in the process. I promise!

Prices;
base = 300 polished coal
add uncommon trait = +100 polished coal xxx xxx xxx xxx add rare trait = +200 polished coal xxx xxx xxx xxx line edits = +250 polished coal

munchqueen's custom slots;

slot #1 wrote:I want to order a custom Doom Hound!

username; Undyne.
reference image and/or description;
here's some inspiration :3
added traits/line edits wings (rare) sutb tail (uncommon)
total price; 600
other; tysm!

slot #2 wrote:I want to order a custom Doom Hound!

username; supermancrayon
reference image and/or description; I'd like the design to be similar to a dark cave, with glowing spots like glow worms (glow worm ref) but the glowy stuff to be blended between a light sea foam green and a little bit of yellow orange..
added traits/line edits; Can I have dino spines and the reptile tail combined? If not both, I'd prefer the dino spines.
total price; 600 PC
other; Thank you! If there's anything wrong with my form I don't mind changing it. Also, I didn't really think this design through like I planned I would so please do whatever your artistic heart and soul desires. cx

slot #3 wrote:I want to order a custom Doom Hound!

username; diamons
reference image and/or description; a grey base colour with purple/pink hearts scattered around the body.
reference image
added traits/line edits; uncommon short tail trait, rare feathered wings trait
total price; 600 polished coal
other; can you make sure the eyes are visible please? I don't really mind the colour if it matches with the rest of the hound, same goes with the colour/pattern of the wings! thank you!!

custom order form;
[center][size=85][b]I want to order a custom Doom Hound![/b]

[b]username[/b]; here
[b]reference image and/or description[/b]; here
[b]added traits/line edits[/b]; here
[b]total price[/b]; here
[b]other[/b]; here[/size][/center]
Last edited by munchqueen on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Store ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 am

Welcome to the store! This is the place I was talking about earlier; you can buy breeding items, and even Doom Hounds, sometimes. The store restocks every once in a while, and some items go pretty fast; you'll have to be quick to get what you want!

Ah, that's right; how do you buy the goods here? First, you'll need some polished coal Image ; you can trade pets and C$ to get some. Send all trades to munchqueen, and make sure to specify that's what its for; I wouldn't want to mistake it for a gift! Here are the conversion rates;

polished coal wrote:
Pets

OMG so common/very common = 20
common = 50
uncommon = 100
rare = 500
very rare = 1000
OMG so rare = 5000
Year Bonuses + C$

2008/2009 = +100
2010/2011 = +80
2012/2013 = +50
2014/2015 = +30
2016 = +10
1 C$ = 30
Items

any wishlist item = 20

Glowing Leaf wrote:
A glowing leaf from a flower that grows deep in the caverns; the ones Doom Hounds emerged from, over a decade ago. Allows two Doom Hounds to breed.

200 polished coal || 12 in stock

Charged Quartz wrote:
A cluster of magically charged quartz. Removes the breeding cool down of one Doom Hound.

300 polished coal || 5 in stock

Glowing Spores wrote:
Luminous spores harvested from the same plant as the glowing leaves. If the flower is harvested before blooming, the spores stay trapped inside, and may be collected easily. Increases the pups in a litter from 2 - 4, to 3 - 6.

500 polished coal || 6 in stock

Bioluminescent Berries wrote:
These brightly glowing berries are also found in the caverns, growing in clusters from low-hanging vine-like plants. Increases the chance of a single trait showing up in offspring by 10%. Multiple can be used, adding up to a 70% chance of a single trait showing up in all offspring in that litter.

300 polished coal || 8 in stock

Essence of Magic wrote:
A small, tear-shaped vial of blue liquid that emits an ethereal glow. It is found in small pools, deep in the caverns, and must be collected very carefully; if touched by human hands, it may either vanish or burst into toxic flames (though neither are swell, the latter is less preferable). Allows for mythical traits to be passed down from a parent to at least one offspring.

1000 polished coal || 2 in stock

Doom Hounds wrote:Sometimes, Doom Hounds are sold in the shop. They're generally more rare than most, and they are one of a kind.

There are no Doom Hounds in the shop right now.

To buy an item;
[center][size=85][b]I want to buy something from the shop![/b]

[b]username[/b]; here
[b]item[/b]; here
[b]total polished coal[/b]; here[/size][/center]
Last edited by munchqueen on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Events ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 7:01 am

There are currently no events happening.

Last edited by munchqueen on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 am, edited 13 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Staff ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 am

In order to keep everything running smoothly, a little help is necessary. I'm looking to you guys for this help! The currently open staff positions can be found below; if you're interested in applying, simply fill out the form provided and PM it to munchqueen. You may or may not be accepted; please do not complain if you are not. As well as this, I may only accept one or two, sometimes more, or even no applications per opening; depends.
If the position information and application has a strike through it, the position is not open. Please do not send in an application.

Users may apply for more than one position. However, if they are accepted into both, they will only get one free custom; not one for each.

LITTER ARTIST

Litter artists are in charge of designing litters for adoption. They will be expected to send in at least one litter a month, unless a situation that may prevent this has been discussed with me and we have come to an agreement. They will receive 80 polished coal per Doom Hound they send in (that is part of a litter), plus a free self-made custom upon being accepted as staff.

form;
[center][size=85]I want to apply to be a litter artist!

username; here
examples; here (art examples, preferably pixel art)
why do you want to work as an artist?; here
how often will you be online?; here[/size][/center]

GENERAL MODERATOR

General moderators watch over the thread and fan club, answering any questions asked and letting users know if they have broken a rule or have posted an uncompleted form, etcetera. They will receive 200 polished coal for every month they work here, plus a free custom upon being accepted as staff.

form;
[center][size=85]I want to apply to be a general moderator!

username; here
examples; here (centres you have worked at, who you have helped and how)
why do you want to work as general moderator?; here

EVENT COORDINATOR

Event Coordinators will help the owner of the centre plan events. Their job will be - mainly - brainstorming and coming up with ideas and mini games for events. They will receive 400 polished coal per event they help plan, plus a free custom upon being accepted as staff.

[center][size=85]I want to apply to be an event coordinator!

username; here
experience; here
why do you want to work as an event coordinator?; here
Last edited by munchqueen on Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⇜ Doom Hounds - Affiliates ⇝

Postby munchqueen » Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 am

If you want to help out at the centre, feel free to put one of our stamps in your signature! It'll help the centre grow.

Stamps;

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3468937][img]http://imgur.com/I6LkF8L.png[/img][/url]

PM me to become affiliates!

Image Image
Image Image Felinis Adopts Image Aedes Foxes

Last edited by munchqueen on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:31 am, edited 12 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me