⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Event deal reminder!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

⌇ The Vivarium Store: Aquariums! ⌇ Event deal reminder!

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 3:06 am

Welcome to The Vivarium Store! This particular store you've come to offers aquariums, of all shapes and sizes. Inspired by ❧ The Arboretum, our store offers aquariums to decorate, and fish to keep within! All plants and fish have been bred specifically to survive and thrive in freshwater, and all our fish get along together swimmingly! No need to worry over your betta fish getting in a fight with your clownfish, or maintaining a complicated water system for saltwater fish and plants.⧟

This store is part of ~The Vivarium Store chain~. If you have any opinions or suggestions for improvement, or suggestions on what to add to the store, please head over to the feedback desk. You can also talk to the shop-keeper fuiuki directly for help with anything.

Shop's timezone is two hours ahead of ChickenSmoothie

Next opening:

Undecided

News:

Don't forget to check the currency and bank section for special event deals!

The order form is open again! There's also a new fish for the store, and another premade tank! Read more about the store's special offer on page 155!

New fish have been added!

Good news! We're opening back up part-time! Some of the workings of the store have been adjusted, so make sure to check out the news post over here!

The store has some good news! Please read em here!

Latest Additions:

Shop-keeper:
fuiuki

Researchers:
Currently none

Tank Artists:
yeoreum

Guest Artists:
Currently None

Last edited by fuiuki on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:32 am, edited 225 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Rules and General Information ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 3:21 am

A piece of paper is taped up on the wall by the counter

Rules

ﻬ All of Tess' rules applies.
ﻬ By ordering a tank you agree to follow all these rules and accept the consequences of not following them.
ﻬ By ordering a tank, you have the right to display, order edits or otherwise use your tank in a way that does not modify it. You do not own the artwork itself for the tank, and it may be taken from you at fuiuki's discretion. (This will only happen in extremely rare situations)

ﻬ Do not steal another user's tank, the artwork, or credit for anything not yours.
ﻬ No spam, rudeness or rude impatience.
-Double-posting falls under spamming, as does all forms of bumping for the sake of bumping.
ﻬ Please use proper grammar, punctuation and no chat speak to the best of your abilities.
ﻬ You may put your aquarium tanks on other websites, but it must still link here. If it is not possible to link back to here, you do not have permission to put up your tank.
ﻬ If you change your username, please PM me and tell me who you were. Otherwise you might lose the rights to your tanks.
ﻬ You may trade or gift tanks, currency or other things with whomever you please, including for non-tank related things.
-You may not sell your tanks for irl money, however.
ﻬ Do not remove the link back to here in your tank's code, or edit the code what-so-ever.
ﻬ Do not mini-mod
(You may help others by answering questions you're sure you know the answer of, but do not mini-mod. Mini-mod in this case means telling others what to do and not to do, but answering questions and showing people to information about their question is fine.)
ﻬ Do not use any tanks until it's been codedropped, until it's been dropped it's not yours.
ﻬ Any loop-holes or inconsistencies found must be reported as soon as possible. Exploiting these will result in two strikes.

If you are found breaking the rules, you will get a strike. If it's a major offence, you will get an immediate ban. Otherwise, three strikes and then ban. A strike or ban does not go away, although you may contact the shop-keeper and negotiate whether it was fair or not.
Upon being banned, your currency and stored items will be confiscated, and eventually raffled off. Your tanks MAY be confiscated, depending on reason for the ban.

A second page is taped next to the first one

General Information

ﻬThe shop-keeper is not flawless, so if you happen upon any mistakes, anything offensive, or anything that bothers you, don't be scared of telling them. The Feedback desk is open to all complaints and suggestions, but if you have anything you want to say, you can still do so via PM. You will also not get any strikes for making simple mistakes or not knowing something, so don't be afraid to ask anything either!

ﻬThis store is run by the same shop-keeper as the Ant Farm vivarium store of the same chain as this thread, and as such, you will find many items and similarities shared between the two stores. If you happen to see anything from one store that you want in the other, you may request it and it will possibly be added or transferred. This does not extend to any other stores in The Vivarium Store chain, as they are run by other shop-keepers.

ﻬHere at the TVS stores you can get a permanent name to be used when referring to you, ordering, listing bank things etc. This is useful for those who change their usernames a lot, as the stores cannot keep track of users if the names change too often or too drastically.
Last edited by fuiuki on Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:40 am, edited 13 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Tank Information ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 3:42 am

You see a book on a stand in the shop. It is rather plain, but is "very useful for beginners", according to a sign.

Aquariums! A relaxing and low-maintenance pet-decoration hybrid, now even easier thanks to our special aquatic breeding program! This guide will walk you through the steps of obtaining, caring for and making changes to your aquarium tank!

You start reading a section from the book

All about TVS Fish Tanks!!

Obtaining
1. All fish are kept in store, so obtaining one is as easy as going and buying one! If a fish is out of stock, you may place an order for it and you will receive a notification when they have arrived.
Tanks can be browsed and bought in store as well, and you'll even get help setting everything up properly! All you have to do is buy everything, say where you want it to go, and then you can take your finished tank home already set up!

To order, go to the order form listed further below and pick what you want. Detailed instructions are listed in the form, so read carefully.

2. Occasionally, your local store will have different or unique tanks, fish or decorations. There might also be special offers during these "special events", and the items obtained might not be available during any other time.

Fish

All fish at TVS: Aquariums stores are bred to be non-aggresive, low maintenance and all freshwater compatible. All our species may look like regular ones you can find in any stores, but we assure you, they're all very special! They require less food and light, as well as less oxygen in the water. This means that they will require very little in the way of tank maintenance, as the water needs to be changed less than with regular fish. You can also have that cool deep-sea fish you've always wanted, but in a low-pressure freshwater tank as opposed to keeping a dark, pressurized saltwater tank just for your lil' fish.

Changing your tank

Size
If you're feeling that your tank is just a bit too short, or too wide, it can be fixed! All our tanks are ordered from a company that make custom sized tanks, so just place an order in your local TVS: Aquarium store and it will arrive within short! Perhaps you should order some fish while waiting for your tank?
If you already have a tank that needs fixing, don't worry! The contents of your tank will be kept safely in store until the new tank has arrived, and you can rest safely assured that your fish will be alive and healthy once you pick them up.

Decorating
A tank is nothing without some decorations! Many species of fish require special items to live comfortably or breed. Now, you could get regular aquarium decorations, or you could get our specially designed decorations made just for the type of fish we sell! Just head on over to your nearest TVS: Aquariums store and pick out some fancy decorations!

You can decide on decorations by looking at the pamphlet.

Modifying Your Tank
If you want a special and decidedly unique tank, or just want to match your home decor, you can get your tank modified in several different ways! The following is a list of some suggestions:

1. Glass colour. Change the colour of the glass in your tank.
2. Decoration colour. Order decorations in different colours. (Will not replace old decorations of the same type.)
4. Tank size. Enlarge, shrink, extend or flatten your tank.
5. Background. Get an immersive background for your tank.

Your local shop-keeper will have an order form for you with a list of already defined modifications, but you can always send in an order for some other modification.

You can order any changes listed in the pamphlet under "custom services". Apply these through the form's option for custom services.

You get the feeling the book was written by a person more interested in fish than writing. You grow tired of the book, and decide to stop reading
Last edited by fuiuki on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Adoption and Store ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 8:42 am

Ordering

The store is currently Closed!

The order form will only be open occasionally, and for a limited time. You can only send in orders when the store is open! How do you order? Well, let the store Shop-Keeper explain!

"Hello, I'm the shop-keeper, fuiuki! Looking to get a fish tank? We have many fun fishes and decorations for you to choose from, so take a look!"

You get handed a pamphlet with pictures of fish on it, as well as an order form

-Fish Tank Pamphlet-
"This is the pamphlet with all the fish and items we offer. If you want to order a tank from home instead of right here in the store, take this with you and look through the prices. Everything we offer at the moment is in there, so come back for a new one once in a while to get the updated version!"

An order form is displayed in front of you

-Royal Fish Store Order Form-
"This is the form for ordering tanks, fish and decorations. If you're ordering for the first time, you can get a tank for free! To redeem it, please post here on the Main Thread stating that you've ordered your starter tank. If you happen to be COPPA'd, just state that in your order or send in a suggestion form stating that you're a COPPA and have ordered.
You can also order custom services with this order form, or a surprise tank if you want a surprise or feel uninspired!

The form is for our providers in case we don't have what you want in stock, since all we really do here in the store is sell and assemble the stuff you've ordered. That's why it doesn't share our store's name. If you don't understand which part of the form is for what, just ask! If you do happen to order something, please let me know here on the Main Thread so that I can check the form!"

Pre-made Tanks

You take a look at a table near the shop-keeper, seeing some aquariums and tanks standing around. Each tank has a slip of laminated paper next to it.

"Oh, those are tanks we keep on display here that are already done. Sometimes someone turns in their tank and never come back, and sometimes a wrong order is made or someone changes their mind. We occasionally get reject wares from our providers as well, and our employees here at the store do what they can with what they have. This means we sometimes have unique tanks you wouldn't normally be able to buy on display.

The notes next to the tanks describe what you have to do to obtain it. They're usually raffled off, but occasionally we hold a contest or just plain sell one off to the highest bidder.

We currently have no tanks up! Check back later! ^_^

If you won or bought a tank within the last week, you cannot win or buy another. This means that if you bought a FCFS tank, you have to wait two weeks until you can buy another, and if you won a raffle tank, the same wait. Contest tanks do not apply to this!

[img]Tank%20image[/img]
Tank name
Tank description

Tank type

Entry conditions

Entries:

Entry Form:

You leave the shop-keeper to herself and take a look around the store and the pamphlet in your hands. What will you buy?
Last edited by fuiuki on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:27 am, edited 172 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Bank ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 am

$ Currency, conversion and bank $

How to pay for tanks

You can pay for tanks by trading in pets, items or C$. The RFT currency conversion rates can be found below. To pay for a tank, you can either:

1: Trade pets in beforehand, and store your RFT in the bank, to be used at any time.

2: Trade in the exact amount for your order, before you place the order. If the RFT turns out to not be enough, you will be notified on the thread and asked to trade in enough for the missing RFT.

Sometimes when the store opens, you get special offers to pay for your order. Keep an eye out!

Currency and conversion

Link to off-site bank tracker and item storage
Royal Fish Tokens
Here in our store we use Royal Fish Tokens as currency. Since this is exclusive to our store, we also provide conversion services for our customers. These are our conversion rates:

OMG So common: 0.5
Very Common: 1
Common: 5
Uncommon: 15
Rare: 50
Very Rare: 1000
OMG So Rare: 5000

These are the year bonuses:
2020: 0
2019: 2
2018: 5
2017: 7
2016: 10
2015: 15
2014: 20
2013: 25
2012: 35
2011: 40
2010: 45
2009: 100
2008: 200
Re-releases are worth the same as the original date, IF the original date is given in the trade-in.

Other bonuses or rates:

Store bought items: Their equivalent in C$
ChickenDollars (C$): 20 per C$
Store Pets: +40
Free Items: 15 per item
Wishlist Pets: +20 (once per pet, duplicates do not receive a wishlist bonus)
RAC: 1 RFT for 1 RAC
dA Points: 5 per point. (PM for dA information)

We also have a few rules when it comes to conversion. You may only trade in two of the same pets at the same time. You may also only trade in 30 pets or items at one time in one trade (30 pets + 30 items, not 30 pets OR items). Absolutely no trade suggestions when trading in, the trade will be cancelled. As a last note, please state that you are trading for currency, as it will otherwise be considered a gift.

Special offers

To cash in special offers, please mention in your trade what offer will be applicable. The shop-keeper sometimes forgets to check what offers are applicable.

Art Trade-in

If you don't have any pets to trade in, you can trade in some art you've made instead. The amount of RFT you get depends on how much shop-keeper fuiuki likes the piece, and how much effort they think has gone into it. All pieces submitted and accepted will get at least 10 RFT.

Accepted art:

-Art relating to this store.
-Art with non-specific themes, such as scenery, coloured shapes, random animals etc.
-Art of the shop-keeper/shop-keeper's characters.
-Art of random ChickenSmoothie pets.
-Art of any quality, as long as you've put effort into it.

Denied art:

-Copyrighted characters, scenes and themes, such as Doctor Who, Supernatural, My Little Pony etc.
-Art not drawn by you.
-Art not owned by you.
-Art of characters, items and themes you do not have permission to draw.
-Art sloppily drawn in MS Paint for the sole purpose of getting RFT.
-Minimalistic Abstract art.
-Inaccurate art of the shop-keeper/shop-keeper's characters.

All art submitted for RFT and accepted will no longer be yours, and will go to the shop-keeper's ownership. By submitting your art you agree to this condition. If you submit art of characters, the ownership of that character will go to shop-keeper fuiuki. If this is not an acceptable condition, the art-piece will not be accepted. Exception is made when it's a piece of art featuring one of shop-keeper fuiuki's characters interacting with one of yours.

Art not expressively said to be for RFT will not gain you any RFT. If you want to know the specifics of the conditions, just ask!

Event Deals
Applies during events and a short while after.
Tokens: 20 RFT
Other items: 30 RFT
Event wishlist pets: 100 RFT
Event pets: 50 RFT
If you trade in a seashell or fish item, you will receive one for aquarium use! This includes fish not yet made for the store. Only valid once for each person, after that the "Other items" deal will be used. (You can choose to only receive RFT as well)
Once event pets get their rarities, they are no longer applicable for these deals.

Pet Deals

Image = +75
No set time for offer.

Image = +75
No set time for offer.

Image = +80
No set time for offer.

Hoard Pet Deal

Image +30 per pet.

Wishlist Trade

If your entire trade-in consist of wishlist pets, an extra 5 will be added. This does not apply if there are duplicates of pets, or when only one pet is traded in.

Current Month Wishlist

10 per wishlist pet of unknown rarity. For pets not possible to add on wishlists, contact shop-keeper fuiuki directly by PM.

Full Set Offer

20 C$: 450

Full set of free items: 20 per item

Full store pet set: +45 per pet

Full species set (any month): 20 extra per set

Rules

In event of minus RFT, you have a month to pay it back. If you do not, the following will occur:

After one month has passed without paying it back, you will receive a strike.
If you ordered a tank and it caused the negative amount, the tank will be confiscated after two weeks and you will receive your money back.
If a tank cannot be confiscated, you will continue to receive a strike every 2 weeks instead.
Last edited by fuiuki on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:40 am, edited 27 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Questions and Answers⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 am

Q&A

Do I have to order a free first tank?
No of course not! You can order a regular paid for tank whenever you wish! You can also order a tank and redeem your free tank later, or just not at all, if that's what you want.

Will the fish or plants die?
No, they won't die.

Can we be affiliates?
Of course, I'm very open to affiliates! In any case, there will be free banners for anyone to use.

A lot of things on this thread and store look exactly the same as The Vivarium Store: Ant Farms! Are you stealing from them?!
Not to worry! I, fuiuki, run that thread as well, and since this store is in the same chain and style as the ant farms, I've reused a lot of art, text and format from that.

Is there a limit on how many orders I can send at once?
Within reason, there's no limit! It will take longer to complete all orders if there's a lot of them to do, but if you don't mind waiting, send away! Of course, please don't send 15 orders at once or some such, as that will take a LONG while to complete.

Is there a limit on how many tanks I can own?
Nope, you can own as many as you want!

Is there a limit on how many times I can trade in pets for RFT?
Of course not, trade in as much as you want! Just stick to the trade-in rules!

Have a question? Ask and it might be added here!
Last edited by fuiuki on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Staff Applications ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:43 am

Staff applications

Moderator positions currently closed

Artist positions CLOSED

As an artist, you will be on the team permanently. This position will allow you to draw fish, decorations, plants, as well as new tanks. All art submitted will undergo a quality check, and edited if necessary. You will be credited for your work regardless if it got edited or not.

Artists will receive 15 Royal Fish Tokens for every accepted fish, and 10 for every accepted decoration item. Additional large items will be payed according to the complexity.

All art needs to be PM'd to shop-keeper fuiuki to be approved.

Please note that you will have to have been a guest artist before becoming a full-time artist. Only in rare cases will someone be accepted as artist instantly.

You are allowed to:

*Make decorations and plants, as well as attempt making fish.

*Download the pamphlet tank images to use when making and showing decoration items.

*Use tank objects to display sizes of items made.

*Make new tanks, although they will still have to be approved and properly edited first.

*Make various art pieces such as thread banners, event banners and event art.

You are NOT allowed to:

*Upload any of your work to any of the threads or publicly on other sites before approval of the art.

*Keep any images (you've used for making items) for your own gain.

*Edit already existing tanks.

*Make or edit tanks for other users.

Code: Select all
[center][size=150]I want to be an artist![/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Example of art:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be an artist? (Silly and serious reasons welcome):[/b]
[/center]

Guest artist positions OPEN

As a guest artist, you would be on the team for a month. This position will allow you to create decoration items and attempt to draw fish. If anything else is needed, the shop-keeper will let you know. All art submitted will undergo a quality check, and edited if necessary. You will be credited for your work regardless if it got edited or not.

Guest artists will receive 10 Royal Fish Tokens for every accepted fish, and 8 for every accepted decoration item.

All art needs to be PM'd to shop-keeper fuiuki to be approved.

You are allowed to:

*Make decorations and plants, as well as attempt making fish.

*Download the pamphlet tank images to use when making and showing decoration items.

*Use tank objects to display sizes of items made.

You are NOT allowed to:

*Upload any of your work to any of the threads or publicly on other sites before approval of the art.

*Keep any images (you've used for making items) for your own gain.

*Make new tanks or edit already existing ones.

*Make or edit tanks for other users.

[center][size=150]I want to be a guest artist![/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Example of art:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to be a guest artist? (Silly and serious reasons welcome):[/b]
[/center]
Last edited by fuiuki on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Credits ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:49 am

Credits and big thanks to:

The Arboretum for inspiration. ButterflyKitten for letting me use her Fish Bowl lines.

Affiliates:
Image Image

Do you want to support our store? Feel free to use these banners! If you wish to make your own banner, contact fuiuki!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]https://i.imgur.com/skyUaAm.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]https://i.imgur.com/1gWlOUZ.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]http://i.imgur.com/DMNviR2.gif[/img][/url]

Made by ~ Autumn Fox ~

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]https://i.imgur.com/H4jiuC0.png[/img][/url]

Made by blakebelladonna

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac357/melissa3131/vivariumaquariums_zpskqjzpopw.png[/img][/url]

Made by Memories

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3464077][img]https://i.imgur.com/3vHZc6v.png[/img][/url]

Made by blakebelladonna
This is for all of you, since I'd like to say we're a big family. You're all important to me, so show where you're always welcome with this stamp!

Free Fish

These are all free for use! Credit if you want to, but it's not a must!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tuU2SQT.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/uDTlvBk.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ye2WtEi.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/medOXUi.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hUyl1ga.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/711koI1.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nsMpKba.gif[/img]
Last edited by fuiuki on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:14 am, edited 43 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ To-do list ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:49 am

To-do list

This is where all ideas and pending shipments are recorded. If you want a sneak-peek at some of the things planned, here's where to look!

Waiting for the following items and fish:

More Bettas
More Guppies
Tetras
Black Molly
Koi
Barnacle
Prawn
Starfish
Swordtails
More Stingray
General Squid
Shrimp
-african filter
-harlequin
-red goldflake
crayfish
anemones
more discus
pufferfish *
More tang
Nudibranches
Seals
Sea Turtles
Doplhins
More whales
penguin
Frogs
Manta ray *
Saltwater stingray *
Moray eel *
Great white shark *
Mahi Mahi *
lobster
barreleye fish
striped marlin
nautilus

More plants (suggestions welcome!)

Crumbling tower decoration
Ceramic bridge decoration
Well decoration
Castle decoration
More bubblers
Rocks
Blue phonebox
Animal skulls/bones
Food (for floating on top)
More substrates

Turtle/tortoise tank
Castle Tank
Toilet tank
Swan tank
Tank tank
Fish tank
Jellyfish tank

Fish information thread

Feel free to leave suggestions for what to add!

Order list

This is the orders, the number of them, the order of them, and which order belongs to whom.
Current amount of orders as of writing: 1.

~~Chibiusa~~
Last edited by fuiuki on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:29 am, edited 121 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⌇ Aquarium Fan Art ⌇

Postby fuiuki » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 am

TVS: Aquariums fan Art!

Here are all the pieces of fan art we've gotten from our wonderful costumers! They serve as inspiration and motivation on days when our staff is feeling down or unmotivated.

Chest Aquarium by blakebelladonna.

Bag Tank by redwolf466.

Mug Tank by Autumn.

Blakebelladonna's Teapot by blakebelladonna.
Last edited by fuiuki on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me