LOC 5th Anniversary Event - - Time - Posting Open

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

LOC 5th Anniversary Event - - Time - Posting Open

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Welcome Travelers! To the next event in the LOC species.
Don't get too comfortable however, you have a long journey ahead!

|| LOC Item Shop - Item Guide - LOC Event Lions - LOC Event Cubs - ||

LOC Adopts || Event Trailer || LOC Fanclub
Last edited by starry--knight on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC 5th Anniversary Event - - Time - NO POSTING

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

|| Event RULES and Guidlines ||
All general rules and questions lookHERE

1- Please keep all non-event talk on this thread to a minimum.
      ---> All regular related LOC talk can go to the Fanclub

2- If there are any concerns regarding the Event: i.e. rudeness from staff, questions regarding lore, etc.
      ---> Direct all problems to me directly via PM

3- Be polite and courteous when interacting with staff and other members
      ---> No discouraging others from trying out or participating in event (bullying)
      ---> No sustaining an argument, if the problem cannot be resolved by 1-2 responses take it to pm
      ---> No guilt tripping sympathy in order to gain favor in an adopt or achieving items from the shop

4- Be sure to read to LOC info website found HERE
      ---> The website contains valuable information regarding the LOC species and habits, please read it
      ---> If you find there are unanswered questions you have after reading please pm me to discuss!

5- It goes without saying, but all of Tess's rules apply
      ---> In general just act as you would when out in public, and take any concerns to myself or other appointed staff in the LOC community.

6- You may only apply and tryout for One LOC.
      ---> No exceptions are to be made on this rule. You must pick one lion and apply for only that one
      ---> Switching to another lion is fine if you change your mind, however you can only win one Event lion
Last edited by starry--knight on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:51 pm

|| Event LORE and Stories ||

|| Intro ||
      The night was shrill, as the cool wind nipped and bit at any lingering soul still caught in its grasp. Silence had fallen upon the pride lands, leaving all in peaceful slumber as the stars shone brightly up above. In each cavern carved into the mountain side curled families of lions, tucked firmly together to warm and comfort each other as they rustled about in their dreams. But one stirred that night in his den. A dark dream clouding his mind, causing him to toss and turn in frustration and distress. His brows furrowed in discontent, mumbled words pushing from his clenched jaws as he fumbled on through his nightmare. Eyes flickering and darting back and forth beneath his eyelids, desperately searching for an escape before they burst open in fright.

Hot breath escaped his lips as he clambered up from his laying position. Troubles clouding his mind as he sat there in silence, lifting his head the male opened his eyes once more to witness a figure before him.

With a sharp gasp, the male got a good look of his unexpected guest. She stood there without muttering a word, her pelt blue and bright, her eyes shining like that of the dead. “Why have you come here…” He began, his voice firm, but shook in response to the cold that had now fully penetrated the cavern.

“My King - Ethereal” The spirit spoke softly, bowing her head as she did so. “I know you recognize me from your dream…. and I have come to finish the story from which you did not get to hear.”

Ethereal stared in disbelief, knowing spirits could not wander beyond the lake and unsure of the trickery at play - yet he remained still to listen. “It is better not to know our fates then to worry of the doom set upon us.” He replied.

“My dear King, I have not come here tonight to tell you of what is to come. Only to warn you and take heed for the dangers that lurk upon your path.” Her dead eyes locked on his.

“Times have changed Ethereal. Time itself is evolving. After tonight - nothing will be the same for any of you.” The spirit turned, gracefully bounding across the floor of the den. “Come along. You will want to see this.”

The spirit left the cavern, wandering down the worn paths of the pride and making her way to where the arch stood. Ethereal, without a second thought or hesitation followed suit, until they both stood before the glistening gates.

“Through this Arch lies the prides future - and the future of the planet with which you will travel. Do things right Ethereal and your homeland will know peace. Fail, and you will doom more than just your chance for peace….Fail and you will alter the state and future for Earth.”

“I don’t understand.” Ethereal retorted. “Why Earth- why now……How can my actions determine the fate of so many?!”

“When you understand your past Ethereal, the truth and the path of your future will present itself.” The spirit spoke, turning once again, she walked through the arch, leaving the gate cracked, and the doorway dark. Though the arch still circled with galaxies and light….everything about it and everything that lay beyond had changed. And there was no going back.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

|| Part 1: Defining Choice ||

Ethereal remained there, staring into the depths of the arch as it flickered and spewed tainted light. His eyes were dark, swirling in his head with the encounter he had just experienced and trying to find reasoning with her words. But he found none - and neither did he find solace. With a heavy sigh, and a billow of hot air from his lips, Ethereal turned from the arch and headed into the mountains.

Night was passing, breaking into early day as the celestial sky shifted tones of color. Already others were moving about, eyes bright and ready for the events of this new eve - yet to realize all that was about to unfold. And as Ethereal strode past his pride he felt his heart tear at the idea he would be walking them into their doom. What was he to do?

Quietly, the alpha strode into the main chamber, his group of advisors had already gathered to speak on behalf of the days news and actions. They greeted him kindly, anxious to get started, instead they were met with Ethereal’s frightening story.

“You don’t know that for sure Ethereal.” Arcturus sputtered, his eyes wide with uncertainty. “For all you know it could have been trickery from one of the dream lionesses that just arrived! You were just dreaming - “

“I KNOW what I saw Arcturus.” Ethereal shouted, his voice mellowing as he finished. “I also know what I heard, she gave an ultimatum and it sits through that arch. Do we remain still and allow our future to be left out of our own hands? Do we allow all that we know to be destroyed because we were too afraid to act?!” Ethereal posed, his eyes scanning the room.

“If what you saw is right Ethereal - “ Valkyrie spoke up softly. “Then we must act. This war will end soon on our home planet, but what good are we if we cannot travel through the arch to help others in need when this is all over?”

Aries nodded in agreement, Nashira joining in with a glance and a small yes from her lips.

“I think,” Valkyrie continued, “it is both to our benefit and duty to go and see if there is weight to her words. To not act now - well what great shame be cast upon us for not trying.”

“All in favor?” Ethereal asked, breaking the silence that now sat upon the chamber.

“Not me Ethereal. Not this time.” Arcturus said, before exiting the chamber.

“I” Valkyrie said, followed unanimously with the rest.

“It’s settled then - to the Arch.”

|| Part 2;; Into The Unknown ||

The anxiety was thick in the air as the leaders departed the cavern, each on their own mission to gather those necessary and ready the pride for departure. Ethereal, however, remained at the entrance, staring off into his lands with a sense of fore-longing. He did not wish to leave his home any more than the rest of them did, nor did he want to put the lives of those who trusted him at risk. His heart was heavy now, thinking back to his past. Before, when he was only a young cub, he would have given anything to be free: free from the life of the pride, free from rules, free from the duties of alpha. To simply travel without a worry or a whim to tie him down. Now… as the civil war raged on and as the news of a great danger on his doorstep, Ethereal could not help but feel that he owed them everything. He was not about to fail them now.

Soon, the pride was gathered before him. Every trainer, healer, warrior, scout, tracker, and cub sat before him, their eyes on him with such curiosity and fear. Whispers crept through the pride and hit him like the waves of the oceans, each set of faces watching him with interest and anxiety. Ethereal remained before them, motionless, silent, until the secondary leaders gathered around him. "Be still." Ethereal called out to them, his people, silencing the pride instantaneously. "I have come before you today with grave news." he began, finding his words. "I have been visited by a spirit in the night, one who's words haunt me even now." As voices began to grow louder, he continued. "I understand what you all must be thinking, and believe me when I say that spirits cannot walk among the living. Yet, tonight, I know this was an exception. A warning was given by this visitor, and a choice must be made. Her words were sound, and fear not, for I know she can be trusted."

"With this in mind, tonight, I will be summoning half of any able bodied lion to follow me through the arch." Immediately the crowd erupted with cries, pleads, and confusion. "What about those who are left?", "The rebels will take over the Pride!", "You are dooming us all!".

"Quiet!" Ethereal roared with such power, his voice silencing the lions who spoke against him. He looked at them all, poised and proud and as serious as he had ever been. "I will not take those who do not wish to come, nor risk the lives of those unable to follow me into the unknown. Yes, we are in war…. things have been hard on all of us, and yet I believe this spirit was sending a warning. Warning me that if we do not go, we may doom ourselves to a fate worse than defeat by the rebels."

"For those who will walk with me, gather yourselves and say your goodbyes. Tonight, I will be going through the arch, whether it be alone or with an army." With that, Ethereal turned away and returned to the cavern once again, remaining in silence until the hour of their departure. His eyes were solemn and his heart feared the journey would be alone. When the time came, Ethereal hesitantly left the cavern and was taken aback by the group before him - nearly 100 strong. “I fight for you Ethereal.” said Ecko, one of the tanks, bowing his head in respect. “As do I alpha! And I - And I!” The voices of the group calling out to his aide.

Slowly, the group made their way to the arch, glistening in the light of the sky, its own light flickering and cracking. "This will not be an easy journey my friends, but I am glad to take it with you all." he spoke, his own gaze focused on the arch before him. "It is time," he began, turning to his people with pride in his eyes. "time to see what lies beyond." With no other words, Ethereal stepped into the light of the arch, consumed by its glory until there was nothing left. And those with him, followed.
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| Part 3;; Beyond All Borders ||

The first steps onto the land beyond the arch were accompanied by the crunch and crackle of leaves beneath heavy paws, broken beneath the weight of the newcomers. Ethereal stood inches from the arch, his eyes wandering out to scan the landscape that lie before him. The sky was dark yet a bright moon illuminated the path on which he stood. Dense foliage covered the trees and ground around the area from which they had entered, providing safe passage for the alpha to plot their next move. It was eerily silent as Ethereal took his first steps into the unknown with only his heavy breaths breaking the silence. With his eyes closed, Ethereal basked in the light and took in the freshness of the air before he heard more lions coming through behind.

Soon, all who had made the journey along side him followed through the arch, converging in a group with Ethereal on their own piece of the Earth. Ethereal looked to the sky, taking in the changing light and noting a warm breeze ruffling his fur, signaling dawn was near its breaking. "Listen carefully," Ethereal began, speaking to those lions accompanying him, demanding attention from those who were still taking in their new environment and whispering to one another. "We do not know what lies before us after dawn. With this in mind, keep together, look out for one another, and keep silent. Whatever you do, do not touch anything, talk to anyone - or risk being spotted by mankind. If our presence were to be known, it would be the end to our mission… Am I clear?" All nodded in unison. "Yes Alpha."

"Then let us move. We have much ground to cover." Ethereal ordered, turning towards the steep hill ahead of them and beginning the slow trek towards the valley below and to the forest spread along the horizon. Although Ethereal knew not what was to be discovered before them, he had an insatiable itch. If the spirit were to be trusted, what they would find could alter the future for their race. It left him with an uneasy feeling.

The trip was tedious. With sharp rocks and steep terrain blocking their path downwards, there was hardly enough light from the moon to trust each step they took. With the clanking of metal sounding out around them and its light glistening with each movement, the lions carefully trod down to their next destination. Grunts, chattering teeth, and scraping of nails echoed in the night but did not stop the group as they journeyed into the dense tree line.

Beneath the denseness of the branches above, no light entered the forest and the moon was suddenly engulfed into the shadows. The path had to be lit by the lions themselves, the light elementals illuminating places the moon could not reach and breaking the darkness to keep their path safe and visible. However, not long after entering the forest did they spot a strange sight. To the left, a large pillar of rock began to form in the distance, stark in contrast to the natural sanctuary of the forest. It was unnatural and sharp with ragged edges warning the group to remain alert and not stray far. With each step forward these formations increased and soon became a common sight until they finally broke into a clearing, the pillars stretching far and wide into a mighty dwelling.

"Stop here." Ethereal spoke to the lions beside him, the message quickly passing to those behind. "What is it Ethereal?" one asked, hesitation and worry evident in their voice. "Something does not feel right about this place." Ethereal began. "I feel a strong presence lurking in the shadows. Too dangerous to keep moving forward without knowing more. You, gather five others and scout the area… We are not alone."

|| Part 4 ;; An Unexpected Meeting ||

Dawn was upon them now as the group of six lions made their way down to the clearing, sun peaking above the mountainside and illuminating the land before them in an iridescent glow. The wind had died down, giving way to a stark silence as anxious hearts approached the mouth of the ancient cavern before them.

It was soon clear that, indeed, they were not the only ones present. Out of the shadowy dwelling of the rock peered a pair of eyes glowing fiercely in the dark. Slowly, the six lions retreated back, their eyes never leaving those in the dark. Sensing the danger of the encounter, the remainder of the pride joined their companions in the clearing across from the den, peering on intently as the eyes emerged into a lion similar to themselves, breaching the light and standing before them.

"How dare you come here!" the stranger spoke angrily, their voice echoing off the walls of the cavernous hall, eyes flashing danger and warning. "You think you can enter my domain and expect me to go without a fight! Well do you!" The stranger's voice rose in intensity as the male lion exited the inky void. His pelt was dark and speckled with teal spots, his shoulders marked with magnificent feathers. The piece of armor on his chest was adorned with old jewels and rich silk. The lion stood with such elegance that it was evident every part of this lion demanded attention and respect.

Etheral stood forward, not understanding the conflict that lie before him. In the hopes of preventing one from beginning, he spoke responses respectfully yet commanding attention of his own. "We have not come in search of battle, only to keep on our way. To seek answers beyond our home." Before he could speak further, the one before him interjected angrily. "I know where you come from, lion." he huffed, the ground shaking angrily at his feet. "Our home world. Amongst the stars."

Ethereal nodded, taking into account that this lion was one of them - from the cosmos. "Yes. We are on a mission to answer the omen of a spirit, not to cause unneeded quarrels. Perhaps you could accompany us on our quest? Surely you know the land and perhaps more of our kin that we may speak to about -" However, before he could finish he was interrupted once again.

"You say you come here in the name of peace yet you do not declare what side you are on. We are at war and you think you can come here and expect me to trust you blindly? With whom do you fight? The Pride? The Rebels?"

"The Pride, of course. I am their Alpha." Etheral spoke matter-of-factly, yet the response he received was not quite what he expected. The laugh from the stranger caught him off guard. "Yes, you are the Alpha… right…" he muttered, his voice trailing off with disbelief. "Enough with the pleasantries. You are here on behalf of another. Come to finish his work, do you? Well I wont let you!" Almost immediately the lion caused the earth below them trembling, cracking into fissures around the pride lions. Stones large and small were swirling around the stranger, his means of attack only waiting to find their mark. They were thrown in a fury, raining down on the group with ferocity. As the lions scattered to dodge the onslaught and crumbling earth beneath them they readied their own elements in defense.

The area was soon lit with attacks of all sorts as every lion fought for their life. However, before it got out of hand, Ethereal ended it. "ENOUGH!" With a loud roar that echoed off of the trees, every lion, stone, flame, shred of ice and beyond were frozen in time as the Alpha strode towards the stranger. All was motionless until the two were face to face.

"I have not come to cause you harm, friend. I have come to put and end to this conflict. Regardless of if you believe me, please look to us as blood, not as enemies." Ethereal said, releasing his hold on time. The stranger stood their, breathless and panting, looking at Ethereal with a newfound understanding. "I knew you would come one day…"

|| Part 5 ;; Unwanted Guests ||

"So you will accompany us on our journey then?" The feathered lion looked toward Ethereal solemnly and nodded. "I will." he responded. "And what shall I call you?" Ethereal asked. "My name is Lazarus. What may I call you, Alpha?" "Ethereal. Maybe sometimes soon there will be time for pleasantries, however today is not that day. I need to find answers and quickly. Do you know the land? Are there others of our kin nearby? It is of great importance to me…" the Alpha pressed. "I know of a few however you will not be met kindly." Lazarus responded, his eyes flickering to the now paling sky above, its hues painted with soft shades of yellow and blue as the sun rose over the horizon. "Lead the way, my friend." Ethereal said with confidence, making strides after their newfound companion that were quickly followed by the other members of their small troop.

The pride did not have to travel far to reach the lions Lazarus spoke of. Just beyond the valley, where the group had met over the mountainside, their dwelling awaited. The day had awoken in full bloom despite their haste and the sun was now beginning its descent. Lazarus had motioned for the group to slow and when they had approached near commanded silence.

"Their dens await just over this ridge Ethereal, as requested…" his voice beginning to waver as he spoke. "Let me go ahead, just for a brief moment, lest you want several lions attacking you instead of one." No matter how reluctant Ethereal was to agree to his request, the Alpha agreed. It did not seem as if he had much of a choice. Though it would give him a good indications of the lion's intentions. Swiftly, Lazarus was over the mountain and down into the valley where the rest of the lions resided. All was quiet in their encampment without a soul to be seen in the few cave mouths that lie buried into the terrain. "Hello?" Lazarus called out into the void, waiting patiently, yet it seemed an eternity until he heard a reply.

"What do you think you are doing back here Lazarus?!" a gruff and not entirely friendly voice called out. "I thought we made ourselves abundantly clear that when we made our way through the portal to Earth we would go our separate ways!" The lion to whom Lazarus had called now approached from one of the caves, revealing a large male with a dark purple coat and markings glowing orange. Lazarus looked him dead in the eye and mustered up the words to reply. "I know that. Believe me when I say I would not be here if it weren't -"

"Oh is that so? Well let me remind you, traitor, that your infatuation with that dream lioness on our planet was not supported by the Pride." Lazarus narrowed his eyes defiantly. "Yes I know, but I must - " he continued. "Your love for a tool to our Alpha was forbidden." - "Yes I know, but please just one second of your t-"

Before he could continue further the male roared so loudly it broke the silence with a shuttering cry. "You are a traitor to the cause Lazarus! You have no business here! Now begone! You are not welcome!" Before Lazarus could speak another word, Ethereal and his companions began making their way down behind him - well in plain sight for the second lion to take notice. "And how you have brought an army to our doors! You traitorous little…"

"WAIT!" Lazarus called out, sending the other lion into a pause. "I understand you are upset but these lions are not here to harm you - harm any of us. They are looking for answers… and you are the most knowledgable of the planet's history." The male had half a mind to attack but instead he approached cautiously, towering over Lazarus and glaring down with serious eyes. "I do not know what you are trying to pull Lazarus…" he began, glancing up to the group behind and knowing full well they could not take them on as is. "I will answer their questions but after that we are done. I want you gone. Do you hear me?"

"Loud and clear…" Lazarus replied with a gulp.

|| Part 6 ;; The Truth of Time ||

No introductions were made as the strangers led Ethereal's pride into the belly of the cave. It was unnaturally dark, even for a cave, with its bowels damp and unwelcoming to those who did not know each and every crevice. The nameless male led the way with his horns and tail glowing in an unnatural light to illuminate the path ahead.

After twists and turns into a number of turns, the group arrived into a large cavern conjoined by seven other similar tunnels. Although the tunnels seemed barren they were quickly filled with the presence of other lions lurking in the shadows, awaiting the conversation that was about to unfold.

"What is it that you seek to know, stranger?" the purple lion asked, spreading out in the middle of the cavern as the remainders of the group filtered inside. "I was sent to Earth by a spirit who spoke to me the night before last. She spoke of a great disturbance of time itself and urged I travel to Earth to uncover the past - to ensure our species' future." Ethereal stated calmly, sitting on his haunches before the other lion.

Before he could continue the purple lion burst out into a horrendous laughter. "Do you hear that fellas!" he boasted, spit flying from his lips as he spoke. "A spirit he says! Bwahahaha!" Ethereal narrowed his eyes to the stranger, unsure of how he should take the response. "Surely you do not believe spirits can leave the lake my boy. The rebels must be feeding you some crazy lies at night!" the male chuckled once more.

"It was indeed a spirit… but that is not of great importance now. What is important is discovering the riddles she bestowed upon me. Now, why do you think any being would send me to Earth, of all places?" Ethereal pressed. The other flicked his tail nonchalantly and shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine boy. Earth is nothing but a boring heap of water - except here of course. You conveniently landed in the biggest desert on the planet. Water happens to be hard to come by.." the male said with irritation, his eyes wandering to one of the tunnels where another lion lurked - no doubt the one who had led them all here.

"Well surely there has been noticeable time differences for you all here? Longer days or nights? Shorter? Has there been anything unusual?" Ethereal asked, now becoming tense. The male huffed, obviously becoming increasingly agitated. "Earth days rely on a 24 hour system. Nothing has changed here. Bwah, you who talk of time as if it can be controlled. Surely that is not possible - there is no such thing as a time wielder"

Ethereal did not know how to respond. Here he was, sitting right before him - a time wielder in the flesh - and yet this lion had no idea. "Well, there is such a thing as a time wielder. I can assure you. However, I do wonder if you have been to the home planet recently? Perhaps you have simply been gone a long time?"

The male simply began his laughter once again, tearing up as if it was the funniest thing he has ever heard. His jovial act quickly shifted into aggression and brought the stranger to his feet to stand face to face with Ethereal. "It just so happens that all of us - even dear Lazarus here - were on the home planet no more than five days ago. And the thing is…. stranger… I do not remember seeing you there. Any of you…"

Ethereal rose to meet him. "Well it just so happens that I am the leader of the Pride - and the only arch on the planet is in my territory. I am afraid I have not seen you eit- ever… So unless this is simply one big waste of my time we need some answers. Now." he responded with a voice so tense and tinged with anger.

"The only one wasting time here 'Alpha', is you. Now get out of our home. This visit is finished."

Ethereal stood for a moment before he nodded, turning on his heels and exiting the chamber into the tunnels. Words were scrambling in his brain as he tried to put things together - yet nothing seemed to fit. He needed air and quickly but by the time they reached the outside night had fallen. He sighed heavily, welcoming the sweet and crisp breeze that ruffled his mane. Ethereal looked up to the sky, noting the stars with a smile - that is, until he realized the constellations were all wrong. The stars glistening into the sky that had burned out hundreds of years ago were shining bright before him. With that it hit him like a brick - they had traveled back in time.

Ethereal turned to those who circled around him. "Prepare to return back home… we are in grave danger."

The Event Lions are now ready to meet you all!
Please do tread with caution. They are not a group to be trifled with.

Last edited by starry--knight on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| Part 7;; Bigger Revelations ||

Ethereal?… Ethereal!" A lion called out through the crowd that had gathered around him. "What is the matter? We just arrived and - " Ethereal silenced him with a quick look. Everyone, listen closely. Look to the stars - tell me what you see." Giving them only a brief moment to gaze the Alpha continued. "We are not in our time. The arch has taken us to the past. What time, I am not sure, but we are here nonetheless and are in grave danger." With the realization kicking in, the entire group began to grow tense and worried.

"Everything we touch… everyone we talk to is affecting time itself." Ethereal looked off into the distance, picking his paw off of a small butterfly he had just trampled with his weight and shaking his head. "The future we live in, our families and friend back home… are all in jeopardy." he explained. You four there! Fly swiftly in the night and locate the arch. Ensure there is safe passage home and that our return is protected."

With a nod the scouts jumped into the night sky, their great wings casting a shadow on those below, and made their way to the arch. They returned no more than an hour later, their expression dictating the news was anything but hopeful. Ethereal, the arch is dark. It is not functioning." one said. "I can confirm - the archway is hollow. We cannot return through it." Ethereal nodded and began to process this news but soon his thoughts were full of fear. He needed more information - to know the time they were in. It was the key to finding their way back home. With a quick order, Ethereal instructed the lions to remain here as he walked back into the cavern and to the lions that waited within. This information was vital to piecing everything together - and he was not taking no for an answer.

Ethereal returned to the massive chamber where they had held council just hours prior and he was ready for the pending argument. The purple male who had kicked them from the premises came barging in, his eyes aglow with anger and frustration. "I thought I told you, scum! Get out!" Ethereal stood his ground. I just have one more question for you all. Will you grant me that at least?" he pleaded, locking eyes with the other. "I told you, no more questions! You are not welcome here! You are pushing your luck, 'alpha' and this game is getting old."

"What year is it?" Ethereal pressed, thoroughly through with listening to this banter. "Year - " "Yes year. What year is it?" Ethereal's voice rose, coming out in a desperate yell. "The year is 905 B.C. the purple male stated. "No, on our planet. What year is it!? How old is our species?" The other lion furrowed his brows, now his turn to be confused. "109 years, the species is 109 years old. What does it matter anyway? Why are you even -"

"No… it can't be. We - we are 3,000 years i the past…. In the reign of the air elemental - the tyrant king." Ethereal muttered to himself, stepping backwards with eyes widened in shock. "Why did you leave the home planet? Why are you here?" Ethereal asked, seeking more information, walking closer to the lion with so many questions lingering on his lips. "The rebels took over the main lands near the lake! They killed our leader Merikh and were going to imprision us all for crimes against our species. What the hell are you going to do about it anyway?! Surely you should know this. That is why you are here, is it not?! To kill us all! Take us back as prisoners - make us pay for our 'treason'?"

Ethereal sat there with his mouth agape in shock. No words could describe the terror that struck him at that very moment. With it came the dizziness, causing his eyes to wander and his legs to tremble beneath him with the great weight that was now thrust upon him. "The dream lionesses… are they still alive?" The purple male shook his head. "They are dead. He killed them all before the rebels broke through. Been five days now… It is a shame, they were of great use to us. Could not let them live, however, they would have been too valuable to the rebels"

Ethereal shook where he stood. Though the alpha was usually calm and collected, proud and not showing weakness, he shed tears flow from his eyes as anger filled his soul. Though he knew they were still alive in his time, he could not divulge that information to these lions or risk altering the future. To know they had been murdered… it brough the young alpha to his knees.

Through shaky breaths Ethereal thanked the lion for his help and exited the chamber once again.

|| Part 8;; Planning for a Return ||

The group had grown silent during the time their Alpha was gone, however his reapparance sparked hushed voices that hit him like a wave. "Please, quiet now." Ethereal said softly though his face had turned pale after his second audience with the purple lion. "I have the answer that I was looking for. We are… in the age of the Air Elemental, the murderer by the name of Merikh. Five days ago the dream lionesses were murdered and fifty days prior the lake cubs and their families were thrown into the depths of the lake. We are in a dangerous age.. both in our homeland and here on Earth. We are no longer safe."

"However, hope is not lost." Ethereal said but was quickly hushed by a chaos of anxious calls. "But what of the arch Ethereal? How are we to get home?" He lifted his head proudly, demanding order and silence. "I have only one way for us to return to the home planet. During my training to become Alpha, I was given some knowledge of history lost to the pride - one of which includes how we traveled the stars. We build the arches - not the original once, but additional arches. These allowed us to traverse planets only a short time. If this information was accurate there is another arch somewhere and I suspect it is close by." It was merely a hunch but after all he had learned Ethereal had to take the chance.

The crowd talked amongst themselves, feeling more hopeful although nervous about their journey. Finding the arch would be no easy task. "What does this mean for our families back home? Will the world change because of this? If being here can change the future… will it?"

"I do not believe our presence has caused harm - yet. However, I urge all of you to understand this and know returning home is of utmost importance. The longer we remain here - the more beings we expose ourselves to - it can alter the fabric of time itself. Let us return home. Quickly."

"Lazarus -" Ethereal called out to the crowd and shortly the lion presented himself before the Alpha. "You know this land, do you not? You brought us this far… Where could we find another arch?" Lazarus looked to him solmnly and shook his head. "There isn't one, not in working order at least. You would need parts to repair the arch an-" Ethereal stopped him quickly. "Take us there. We will find a way to repair it."

Lazarus turned quickly, his brow furrowed in confusion and fear. "I cannot help you. You heard them back there, what we all have done. The moment we walk through the arch I will be imprisoned!" he cried with anger. "You are not a prisoner yet, are you?" Ethereal replied. "I have no intent to harm you but we all need to return home. The world is at stake! Our world! If shame is what causes you to retract your generosity I ask you reconsider. If forgiveness is what you seek, know it will be given - especially if you lead us all home."

Lazarus stopped, lowering his head. "Alright…. you have my word. I will get you and your pride home."

|| Part 9;; Missing Pieces ||

Meanwhile, on the lion homeworld…

"Get your head down now!" a voice rang out into the chaos that had torn the planet. Elemental attacks were flying back and forth as the battle for the higher ground raged on. A startled warrior glanced up, quickly diving downward as fire came flying above him. Valkyrie, the secondary leader and judge for the pride, was the one to warn her fellow lion from the attack. Her presence was a surprising site to most, as she did not belong on the battle field - yet there she was. "Keep it together! Push!" she called once more to rally the warrior and rejuvenate their spirits. The needed it - this was the third battle since Ethereal had departed.

The battles had been unprovoked and entirely unexpected. With the pride now split in two, with half of their kin on Earth, and the rest on the home planet, those who remained had their work cut out for them. The rebels had launched a full blown attack after the departure of those to Earth and they were surely eager to take advantage of their absence. Lives had been lost on both sides with the body count ever growing as the days past.

Yet still, the pride had not lost hope as they proudly defended their home and their families. This latest fight lasted an entire day before the last of the rebels had been subdued. Their retreat was a well deserved victory for the pride though there was no time for a celebration. Valkyrie looked at the sights before to, noticing a group of four very young cubs near the battle grounds. Looking twenty years old at best, they lie cowering in the spot they had taken refuge from the onslaught of attacks thrown their way. Valkyrie trotted forward past the group of warriors who had surrounded them, folding her wings delicately as she landed. "Make room friends." she ordered sternly, yet her voice holding a calm and soft tone towards the cubs.

"Hello little ones…" her consoling voice cooed. "Do not be afraid. We are not here to harm you." she said, drawing ever closer to the cubs. They drew back at her approach, still fearful of anyone who came near. "W-where are our parents…" one of them asked, stepping forward to shield their siblings behind them.

Immediately her heart broke into two. "My poor child… Your parents they…" Her voice paused to collect the emotions that had flooded her thought. "They have joined the spirits young one. I am so sorry." she finished with a stern voice. B-but they can't be, they just can't! My parents were the strongest of the warriors! Dad said so himself!" the cub refuted with tears welling in their eyes. The others now joined the protest, only stopping to cry softly in the fur of their siblings.

"I know they were my dears. They fought valiantly for you all, I promise you. And still, they are not gone. Their hearts and strengths are in you. Always remember that." she told them, a tear escaping her eyes as she spoke. This war had taken a toll on them all - on both sides. Though their success today was a victory for the pride, it was a loss for these cubs, now left without a family or a home.

"No harm will come to you, I promise you that. I will make you a home and you will be loved." she said softly, drawing closer to the cubs even though the protector of the group remained firm in their stance. With tears streaming down their cheeks, terrified of what was going to happen in the midst of the loss of their family, the sniffled and whispered for their siblings to follow as he came to Valkyrie's side. She licked their heads consolingly, rubbing her paw against them like a mother would. "Let's bring you home."

These little ones are ready to be homed! Be very patient with them, they have just lost everything.

Part 10;; Mounting Pressure

There was no time to waste as the pride members followed Lazarus to hunt for the remaining Arch. Though its location was a mystery they continued into the night with hopes built solely on speculation that the rumor was true. Lazarus himself hoped the arch was close by and the damage was not too great that it left the arch irreparable. Though he had been made aware of its presence on Earth it's specific location was never given. Their ruler had determined the information was on a need to know basis - and apparently Lazarus had no need to know. Though, little did they know the information would now be vital to the survival of their species and home.

By midnight the group had made their way past the valley where they had met their ancestors kin, and though it was a relief to see the caves disappear into the distance, the shadows and blurred figures shifting in the dark to replace them were no better. Exhaustion and fear began to creep in as the glowing gold dust drained from their systems, hunger and thirst clawing at everyone's stomachs.

"Ethereal… the dust… it's wearing off. We must rest - we are exhausted." Ecko, one of the tanks, spoke as he trotted to the Alpha's side. I am afraid we do not have the luxury friend." Ethereal replied solemnly. "By all means Alpha, do not stop the group, but let e lead a small hunting party. We can catch a hardy meal and provide water. It will life everyone's spirits… They could really use it." Ecko pleaded, ending in a whisper, but was quickly stopped by his companion. "I am afraid we cannot. Killing any animal in this time may affect the flow of the timeline. We must remain strong, now more than ever." Ethereal explained, his face reflecting his own hunger and exhaustion. With a curt nod Ecko relented, falling back into the swarm of faces to spread the word.

It was not until hours later that the silence was broken. A scream of utter terror rang out as a fellow comrade fell into the barren sands, unconscious. "Somebody help her! Is she alright!" voices yelled at the crowds, swarming around the fallen lion. Ecko ordered those to give her space and soon healers were at her side, checking the lion for signs of life and the cause of the sudden fall. By this time Ethereal had joined them "Will she be alright?" he asked, obviously worried and full of concern. "Yes Alpha, but we mustn't risk moving her in her condition until we have found the arch. She may not make it…"

Ethereal shook his head in understanding and turned to those around him. "I want those of you here to stay and keep an eye on her. Maintain her life until we return. The rest of us will carry on towards the arch. If it is found, a scout will direct you to our location." Shortly the rest of the group was ready to continue the journey. "Star's light, Ethereal. Get us home." one of the healers called out to him, her voice soft and hopeful yet tinged with doubt. "Star's light be upon you my family." he answered before turning towards the horizon.

Part 11;; Repairing The Arch

The time it took to find the location of the hidden arch was not an easy one and Ethereal was certainly not pleased. It had been almost an entire day on Earth since they had departed from the rest of the group before Lazarus had spotted the crumbling hunk of rock that remained of the arch, scattered in the dunes of the desert. It's appearance, though a great relief to all, was harrowing. Four crumbling stone pillars surrounded an empty void, one where the galaxies of far away should be shining. It was not the hopeful image everyone had imagined - yet it was their only chance to return home.

"Alright, I need someone to volunteer to return to the rest of the group to guide them here. We should have the arch operational on your return." Ethereal said. A scout who had traveled with them agreed quickly before taking off into the daylight from whence they had came.

"As for the rest of us, Earth and our homeland are depending on our return. There are vital peaces of the arch missing and it is our duty to find them before the rest of the group returns. Let us get to work - for our home." Ethereal emplored.

"And for our Alpha!" the group called.

"Alright then - let's go hunting!"
Last edited by starry--knight on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:52 pm

|| LOC HUNT info and Rules ||

1 ---> You may only hunt twice per 24 hour period.
      2 ---> Each area has it's own chances for certain prizes, keep that in mind!
      3 ---> Non owners and owners alike may participate!
      4 ---> You are welcome to swap items, however this is to be done in the ITEM SHOP-
      not here on the main hunting thread.
      5 ---> Items found are given randomly through a generator. It is luck based! So please do not be upset if it is not what you wanted. Everyone else is in the exact same boat!

Area #1 - The Rubble Field
Higher chance of receiving - Arch Pieces

#1-10;; Arch Piece
    #11-25;; 20 Credits
    #26-45;; 5 Credit
    #46-70;; 10 Credits
    #61-65;; 1 Credit
    #66-83;; 10 credits
    #84-95;; Small Custom Item
    #96-100;; Medium Custom Item

Code: Select all
    [b]I want to hunt the Rubble Field![/b]
    Username;;

Area #2 - The Scarce Forest
Higher chance of receiving - Credits

#1-34;; 10 Credits
    #35-40;; Arch Piece
    #41-60;; 5 Credits
    #61-75;; 10 Credits
    #76-85;; 20 Credits
    #86-87;; Small Custom Item
    #88-100;; 20 Credits

[b]I want to hunt the Scarce Forest![/b]
    Username;;

Area #3 - The Sand Mountains
Higher chance of receiving - Custom Items

#1-10;; Large Custom Item
    #11-25;; 5 Credit
    #26-50;; 10 credits
    #51-60;; Medium Custom Item
    #61-75;; 20 Credits
    #76-85;; Large Custom Item
    #86-90;; Arch Piece
    #91-100;; Small Custom Item

[b]I want to hunt the Sand Mountains![/b]
    Username;;
Last edited by starry--knight on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| Part 12;; Returning Home ||

As the final piece had been laid inside the decaying mouth of the archway, the inner arch began to light up and crackle with a dazzling light before blossoming into a full galactic display. Every star and system began to swirl brilliantly in between the stone that kept it contained. The very sight of it brought cheering from the group, many breaking down into tears at the thought of returning home.

The trip to Earth had been nothing any of them had ever expected. Most thought it would be an easy in and out mission… however it ended up being a long five day journey that pushed most to their breaking points. Even Ethereal seemed to have aged hundreds of years in the span of their short mission - the pressure, lack of sleep and nourishment had left him in a daze and eager to return home to their ensnared planet.

"The rest should be along shortly. Kaiya left two days ago so they mustn't be far behind. However, I do want to take the time to thank you all for your unwavering loyalty and faithfulness during this mission. It was hardly what we expected yet you make me proud to see such courage in the face of he unknown. Your strength and love for your families and homeland will not be forgotten. I am truly in your debt - a debt I may never be able to replay…" Ethereal began, his voice holding strong emotion that touched every hard present. "You all deserve a long day of rest and if you are ready to return now, feel free to embrace your families on the other side and inform the rest we will be joining very soon." he said, moving away from the arch to allow those ready to enter into the archway. Quite a few came forward, their bodies consumed by the glittering stars and lost to the other side, however a great many remained, watching their alpha intently.

"Ethereal, will you not go through? Surely we can handle watching out until the rest return." Ecko said with many agreement ringing out from the remainder of the lions. "I cannot. I must ensure you all make it through before I do. I will not leave anyone behind." Ethereal responded plainly, ushering them to all go on ahead of him. WIth his words of affirmation, the remaining lions lined up and headed one by one through the arch.. The only one who remained at his side was Ecko. "Do you think our homeland will be the same as when we left it? Was our mission a success?" His eyes wandered for some hidden truth from his Alpha. "For our families sake, and our home, I hope it is just as we left it my friend." Ethereal said. Ecko smiled back to him, stepping towards the arch to join the others. "See you on the other side Alpha. May the pride give you honor."

The only one who remained to tear Ethereal away from his thoughts was Lazarus. The lion remained a safe distance away, observing him intently. "Did you mean what you said earlier? About forgiveness?" Lazarus asked, slowly coming to meet Ethereal. "Yes, I meant every word. You saved us all from a fate worse than death. I am forever grateful."

Before Lazarus could continue a strange sight tore Ethereal away from his gaze - in the distance, the other lion kin they had met in the caves were coming towards them. "What are you all doing here?" Ethereal asked, ready and alert for a confrontation.

"Do not worry, Alpha, we are not here to fight - just to talk." the purple male began, all anger seemingly gone from his tone. "Since your troops departure, we discussed what you had said while in our cave… and found your words most puzzling - until we realized that indeed you are a time wielder. Your questions about time and dates made me think that you are, no doubt, time travelers. Please, stop me if I am wrong." With no objections, he continued. "Regardless, we all would like a second chance. This barren bone of a wasteland is not our home. Everything pales in comparison to our homeland. We would like to accompany you back to your time."

Ethereal shook his head, obviously defiant. "We have no idea what affect that would have on the timeline. Nothing goes through this arch that does not belong in our time. It could destroy our home!" Ethereal yelled, now standing defensively in front of the arch. He was prepared for an attack - yet none came. The arrival of the remainders of their troops may have halted a fight, though tension was still high in the air. Many questions lingered on their lips but there was no time. One by one they too entered the arch to return home.

"Lazarus. If you are genuine in your promise of change, please destroy the arch after I enter. Do not let them come through, otherwise it could doom us all." Ethereal ordered, backing up towards the arch with each word that left his lips. Lazarus looked from his kin to Ethereal, unsure of who to help - who to trust. "Please Lazarus. Break the arch! Please!" Ethereal yelled.

With a leap, Lazarus rushed at the arch just as Ethereal entered the void. The purple lion had aimed an attack towards Ethereal, however it was blocked and hit Lazarus in the side, sending him plunging into the rocky structure. Stones flew in all directions, however his attempt was futile to stop the seven lions in front of him. In one leap the whole group of lions from Earth sprinted ahead into the arch - and into the future of their kind.
Last edited by starry--knight on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| Part 13;; The Aftermath ||

Shaky and confused, Ethereal opened his eyes to take hold of the lion home world. It all seemed in place and with it, a great sigh of relief. He turned his attention to the archway, which was now back to it’s normal color. Ethereal smirked to himself, just happy to be home and relieved of the hunger that had plagued him these past 5 days. However, this joy was short lived as the arch was not finished spewing its contents. In one foul barf, the arch released 8 lions onto the starry grasses of the planet that created a shock-wave planet wide. The ground shook violently, causing some areas to split under the immense release that had occurred. By the time it stopped, Ethereal was running towards the mountain entrance to inform his warriors of the intruders.

However, as he entered the tunnel system to the center of the mountainous ring he realized a lot had changed. Upon seeing the light of the starry sky, Ethereal saw great boulders of stone and rock levitating in the air, no lions to be seen manipulating. Strange plants speckled across the terrain which had never been before. His jaw stood agape at the sight, though Ethereal had no time to lose. He raced as fast as his paws could carry him across the land and to the Grand Chamber barking a command as he barrelled past”Go to the arch, bring as many as you can with you. We have unwelcome guests.” He said, not waiting to hear the lions response. Inside sat Arcturus and Valkyrie who had stayed behind to watch over the pride lands.

In a pant, Ethereal began drilling off questions “Where did these plants come from? Where is the rest of those who traveled to Earth. Has anything changed on Earth?!” Desperation filling every breath. “Ethereal….calm down. Calm down, are you alright? You seem very distraught?” Her soft voice cooed. “Valkyrie, is everyone alright? Is Earth alright?!” He pressed, drawing closer to her. “Ethereal…Earth has been an atomic wasteland for over 150 years now. No life exists there anymore. Surely…surely you know that?” Valkyrie said, her eyes filled with worry and concern. Arcturus just groaned, “What the hell is he going on about?” He asked, which was quickly met with a death glare from Valkyrie.

Ethereal’s eyes widened in disbelief, his mouth stuttering out incoherent words as the news toppled on top of him like a million bricks. Air seemed to avoid his lungs as he gasped. “E-earth…..is dead..” He barely able to force that out, tears flooding from his eyes like rivers. Valkyrie quickly rushed to his side, wrapping a wing around him and resting her head on his shoulder. “My dear Ethereal, I did not know this news would hit you so hard….this information came out upon your official ascension into your adult state. We have all been living with this pain for a hundred and fifty years.” She said, unsure of what else she could do.

“Valkyrie, please listen to me….” Ethereal said, “Our trip through the arch, to Earth..” “How could you have traveled to Earth? It’s uninhabitable, you all would have died!” Valkyrie cried in protest.
      “We traveled back in time Valkyrie, 3,000 years back. We-we… I killed her. I killed Earth…and everything on it.”

|| Part 14;; Beyond the Pride ||

While Ethereal and the others were being welcomed back into the Pride lands, their news of their journey reaching every ear, a group had gathered just outside of the boarders. Several eyes peering across the land to catch glimpses of the alphas return home. One of which was unmistakable with his gaunt facial features and bony complexion. His eyes of red locked beyond his own lands, a smile curved upon his lips.
      ''Was the mission a success?" One of the accompanying lions asked, which was met with Arknon's dark eyes and a maniacal laugh. "Indeed it has. His failure on Earth will only further the divide back in the pride. With their faith lost in their alpha. I suspect it is only a matter of time before the Pride abandons their current rule for our own."

His comment was met with a roll of laughter amongst the group, all listening intently to their leader as he spoke. "Though we must give our thanks to our dream lioness. She did beautifully in tricking Ethereal into using the arch. Just in time for our ancestors event." Arknon said, glancing at the dream lioness who stood there, looking quite guilty and ashamed of what she had done.

"How did you know the arch would do that?" His company asked almost in unison. "The information was passed down generation to generation in the unknown lands to a mere handful of lions. Fortunately for our cause, we had an ally who knew of this event from their parents, and so on. It was never written down, and the pride had lost this info long ago. Our cause has been waiting thousands of years to exact revenge on the pride and take it apart, and now that time is here." The male said, turning to now head back into the unknown lands shadows. ''Give it a few weeks, the pride will start tearing itself apart....once they know their alpha cannot be trusted. And we shall make sure of that."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- NEW LOC PLANET PREY AND PLANTS -

The Lion home world has changed drastically since the arrival of the event lions. Earth was destroyed, and the Lion home world experienced grand changes of its own. New prey animals, new trees, new plants and floating islands. What was once a mostly barrain terrain has transformed into a blossoming ecosystem.

Check out the new Landscape!
      New Trees created by Dragoncool97

New Plant life created by bluemoon

New Prey Species and Plant life created by Charboo

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A new element has been added to the Original Elements List!
Hate

A lion with the gift of hate can;; Manipulate the strong agressive emotions in the room, escalate tension, affect judgement and thought.

The unqiue part about a lion with the element of hate is that the element itself also affects the user. They have a hard time controlling their element and unintentionally causes chaos where they go. Often known to be angry and irritable, it seems Hate controls them more than they control it.

A new rank to the pride has been added
Mole

Moles are another valuable asset to the LOC homeworld and pride. Their job entails of espionage and gaining valuable intel. These lions are burrowers and use their talents to hide out of view and detection of the enemy while still overhearing the enemies secrets. Moles exhibit shorter, stalkier legs to fit into small tunnels and spaces and a smaller set fo ears. These ears are fine tuned to pick up sound wavelengths and voices through feet of solid stone and rock.

One is up for Raffle Here!

And Finally, a gift for all who participated in this event!
For regular members (excluding staff) You may pick one piece from the set to keep and use for a lion of your choice!

The brace on the front leg can come with the strings or without according to preference!
Colors can also be adjusted to fit your individual lions coloration!

Staff may keep and use all 3 items as a thank you for all your hard work!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for participating in this event! As well as tell you how appreciative of all of your support. This species is what it is because of you all, and incredible community! It is a great honor to be able to hold events like this for you all, and be a part of such a welcoming and encouraging community <33 You guys really make something special!
Last edited by starry--knight on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Additional things + Fun Links

Summary for the Event Lore. Hope this helps you all!

Introduction:

Late one night, the alpha of the Pride, Ethereal, awoke from an uneasy sleep to the sight of a ghostly apparition. This spirit, a lioness, came with a warning to the alpha and explained that to prevent a great calamity from befalling the pride, he was to travel through one of the archways to another world. The choices Ethereal makes, action or inaction, will have an effect on the future for the planet Earth. 

Part 1: Defining Choice

Speaking immediately to his council, Ethereal would decide to travel through the archway to Earth to see what awaits him on the other side. Some favored and others opposed his decision but Ethereal could not be swayed, acting on gut instinct to follow through with their newly set plan. If inaction would cause the death of Earth, it was his duty to protect it. 

Part 2: Into The Unknown

Ethereal explains the dire situation to all members of the pride, calling an immediate meeting. Asking for any abled bodied lion to join him through the archway, he pleaded for help from his followers, not knowing whether they would come. When the time came to go through the arch that night, a group nearly 100 strong joined the alpha to see what lies beyond their home.

Part 3: Beyond All Borders

It was clear that the archway the group had traveled through led them to Earth. They entered into a dense forest, unsure of what lies ahead of them, and had to be cautious to not alert mankind to their presence. The trip ahead was long, tedious, and dark. Feeling uneasy, Ethereal noted a presence in the shadows around them, ordering the others to stay alert. Someone was watching. 

Part 4: An Unexpected Meeting

As the group trudged on, they finally came to a clearing with a peculiar formation of rocks in the center - accompanied by a pair of watching eyes from the darkness within. A strange lion approached from the cavern, ready for a skirmish. Not recognizing this male lion, Ethereal tried to calmly explain their reason for coming to Earth - they simply sought answers. 

The male lion questioned Ethereal about his stance in the war - were they Pride or Rebels? Telling him that Ethereal was indeed Alpha of the Pride, the alpha pleaded for a peaceful conversation. The other, confused, knew there was more than there seemed, and agreed to assist the group. 

Part 5: Unwanted Guests

The new lion, called Lazarus, agreed to help the pride by leading them to a small group of lions who had come with Lazarus off planet. However, the meeting was anything but pleasant. The leader of the group of lions living on Earth, a large purple male with glowing markings, immediately became confrontational with the group, verbally attacking Lazarus on sight. Again, the group explained they simply wanted answers and meant no harm. Hesitant, the large male, who was the most knowledgable about planet history, agreed to answer their questions and nothing more

Part 6: The Truth of Time

With no introductions give, the large male led Ethereal, Lazarus, and the group of lions to their domain - a large system of caverns and tunnels buried deep within the mountains. However, they were not alone, as a group of seven other lions joined the large male in the main cavern to listen. Ethereal explained their situation and how he was visited by a spirit who told him to travel to the arch - that his decision would affect both Earth and their home planet's future. The male, laughing at Ethereal's naivety, had no explanation and did not believe their story, for their was no such thing as a time wielding alpha or spirits of the dead leaving the Lake of Eternity. 

Learning the lions here on Earth has been on the planet no more than five days ago - and the fact Ethereal had no knowledge oft them - the alpha suspected something was amiss. He ordered the others to prepare for home, as they were in grave danger. 

Part 7: Bigger Revelations
As the group left the cavern, Ethereal noted the sky above - realizing it was not in the alignment is should have been at this time in history. In fact, it put them in the past - the arch had sent them back in time. Ethereal ordered the others to scout the area and locate an arch to travel back to their own time but Lazarus offered grave news - the only remaining arch near was nonfunctioning. Still, they had to try, and as the others scouted, Ethereal ventured back in to question the large purple male once more. 

After a short and somewhat heated conversation, Ethereal had learned that in this time, the LOC species was a mere 109 years old - putting Ethereal and his pride 3000 years in the past, in the reign of the tyrannical "Pride" leader, an air elemental named Merikh. Wondering why these eight lions had left the home planet, the purple male explained that their leader, Merikh was killed in a fight with the rebel lions - the rebel lions that Ethereal knew would one day form the Pride he now reigned over. In their time, the dream lionesses and lake cub massacre had only recently occurred and if the lions had not escaped to Earth, they would have been taken prisoner and sentenced for their crimes. With this new information, Ethereal knew he had to return home as soon as possible. 

Part 8: Planning for Return

Explaining this newfound information, formerly unknown to him, to the members of his group, Ethereal decided that they must rebuild the arch in order to return home. They must be careful not to disturb anything on Earth, lest they disturb the flow of time and alter events in the future. They urged Lazarus to help them further, and only at the pleas that the world was at stake would the lion agree to help. So, cautiously, Lazarus led them in the direction he believed the arch to be.

Part 9: Missing Pieces

Meanwhile, on the lion's home planet, a war was raging on in the Pride's land. The rebels had begun to attack, unprovoked and unexpected, leaving the pride lions scrambling to defend themselves. Lives were lost on both sides as the war raged on, day after day. Taking advantage of Ethereal's absence, the rebels knew that it was now or never to launch their assault. As the fight slowed to a halt, the pride judge, Valkyrie, stumbled upon a troubling sight below. A group of four cubs, rebel born, were left stranded on the battle field, battered and broken as they hide behind a piece of rubble. Their parents dead in fighting, Valkyrie promised them a safe journey back to the Pride. All the while she wondered what they had gotten themselves into and hoped their Alpha was faring better on his journey to Earth.

Part 10: Mounting Pressure
Battered and exhausted from their long days traveling the desert sands of Earth, the lions noted their exhausted. Away from the golden dust that basked their home planet, the lions were growing weary without sustenance to sustain them. They asked to send a hunting party out to feed their hungry bellies, but Ethereal denied them, knowing that if they damaged anything on Earth it could alter the future for the planet. And so, they trudged on, until one particular lioness succumbed to her exhaustion and fell. Healers at her side, Ethereal ordered a group to stay with her and sustain her life while the rest journeyed on to find the arch. 

Part 11: Repairing the Arch
Time drug on as they continued through the baking sands of the desert. The task was not an easy one and it had been an entire day since they had split from the rest of the group. But, alas, across the horizon they saw a sight that filled their hearts with hope - an archway. The arch was crumbling and broken and in need of repair, for no bright galaxies shown in its center. Ethereal sent scouts back to the group they had left to guide them to the arch's location. As for the rest of them - they would hunt for pieces to repair the arch. They needed to return home, sooner rather than later.
Last edited by starry--knight on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery