▽Asteria Walkers▽ - hiatus!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

▽Asteria Walkers▽ - hiatus!

Postby sel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 am

▽ᴀsᴛᴇʀɪᴀ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇʀs▽

▽ʟɪɴᴋs▽
- rules -
- trait mutations -
- adoption -
- breeding -
- shop -
- customs -
- archives -
- staffing -
- events -
- affiliates -
- fanclub -
- co-op archives -
- 2017 calendar -
- pic cred for divider -
▽ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ?▽
so what are these creatures? asteria walkers (also known as asteria(singular)/asteri(plural) for short) are a lesser known mythical creature species, one that came to be many years ago, and currently inhabit the galaxies of outer space. they are plentiful, as they are not born by reproduction, but rather come into existence when an older asteria walker sheds one of it's stars. they are big feline creatures, but are gentle giants and are prone to frolicking amongst the stars rather than do anything productive; it is often said that they are the true cause of constellations and shooting stars.
asteri have adapted very nicely to their home. the stars on their back allow them to breath without oxygen, and through evolution they have gained the ability to walk on stars, as well as float as they please. the constellation of stars on the back of an asteria walker is unique to each being and no two asteri have the same configuration of stars. each asteria is agender, meaning that they may choose to identify as any gender that they please and are very open to any type relationship. all relationships are founded solely on love for each other.
only recently have these odd creatures been observed together, and we are very eager to research their habits and ways of life. click any of the links to the right to learn more about them.

▽ʟᴏʀᴇ▽
there was once an ancient goddess of galaxies who had carefully crafted and hand-made each star in the sky over her many years. one day, saddened greatly by how lonely she could get watching over her beautiful, yet desolate, masterpiece of the sky (while her siblings, the sun and moon gods, got to enjoy the companionship of seeing the earthlings grow and learn each day and night), she gathered together a group of glittering constellations and formed them into a tiny kitten-like creature with three glowing stars on it's back. called Serena, this new being came to take on the title of the very first asteria walker and the star goddess' galaxy-walking companion. it is from Serena that the second generation of asteria walkers derived from, as the star goddess' first creation is older than man itself, and has lost many of it's own stars over the years of it's existence. it is rumored by those who have recently begun to observe the nature of asteria walkers that this eternal being is still roaming the stars with it's creator, watching over all of it's kind.

▽sᴛᴀғғ▽

minette.
owner/artist
Hawky<3
litter artist
munchqueen
litter artist
Alantica
litter/custom artist
satyn
litter artist
empathea ;;
litter artist
sisyphean
litter artist
SkyGold
litter artist
general moderator
delusional illusions
general moderator
Shooting Stars
archivist
hyperthymesia.
guest artist
Last edited by sel on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 am, edited 114 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby sel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 am

▽ʀᴜʟᴇs▽

▽ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ʀᴜʟᴇs▽
don't argue with other users. if you feel you are being treated unfairly, contact one of the general moderators or myself instead of engaging with the instigator.
▽ this should go without saying, but do not steal any of the lineart used here. the artwork used in this thread is all made and owned by me, and being caught using it without my permission can result in trouble.
▽ winners are chosen via random number generator, please do not complain if you are not chosen as it is completely random.
▽ our artists and other staff members don't appreciate begging, rushing, pestering, or anything of the sort. please refrain from it.
▽ asteria walkers are a closed species, please don't make your own.
selling asteri for on or off site currency is not allowed, but trading/selling for asteria walker currency is as long as you get permission.
chatter/questions/concerns about the species should be posted on the chat thread. posting them here would be considered spam, so please don't.
▽ you may only order once every other round of customs (per custom artist).
as of 03.15.17 any and all asteria walkers adopted after that date are liable to be taken from banned users and re-adopted out. this does not apply to custom walkers or walkers adopted before 03.15.17.

▽sᴛᴀғғ ʀᴜʟᴇs▽
respect every member of the community, and don't act high and mighty just because you're on the staff.
▽ guest artist terms will end when they have made three asteria walker litter, or at the end of one month; whichever comes first.
▽ staff members are still allowed to enter for adopts, but an artist cannot enter for an asteria that they made.
▽ artists should not use pure black, or colors dark enough to where the line art cannot be easily seen; small patches of dark colors are okay. artists also can make minor line edits (ie. hair/extra fluff) as long as they check with me first.
▽ titles will be revoked from any staff member who has been absent for more than one month without notice.
▽ if you are an artist; please please please know at least the basics of cropping and coloring layers! it will create less stress on both our sides if you just go into this job knowing how to do that.

▽sᴛʀɪᴋᴇs/ʙᴀɴs▽

users can earn themselves strikes (or even bans) for breaking the rules. only i can administer bans, but general moderators can also give out strikes and warnings to rule breakers. warnings aren't kept on-record, but are given for very minuscule rule breaking (ie. not filling out adoption forms fully/editing forms without quoting it) for reference, 4-8 warnings=1 strike and 3 strikes=1 ban
strikes

none
bans
none
Last edited by sel on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

trait mutations

Postby sel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 am

▽ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴍᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs▽

these are mutations that are seen in most asteria walkers, and are common amongst them. they are considered 'default' traits, and aren't really mutations at all. if your asteria walker has a common mutation and nothing else, then it is considered to be of common rarity.
▽ three stars ▽ standard tail ▽ short tail ▽

▽ᴜɴᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴍᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs▽

these mutations are the first true level of traits that are actually considered to be gene mutations. they do not effect as many asteria walkers as common mutations, but are more common than rare mutations. uncommon trait mutations usually only effect the tail of an asteria, or add small features to the head or back. if your asteria walker has an uncommon mutation and no rare mutation, then it is considered to be of uncommon rarity.
▽ ram horns ▽ spines ▽ deer tail ▽ mermaid tail ▽ dragon tail ▽ fox tail ▽ curly tail ▽ no tail ▽ folded wings ▽ less stars ▽

▽ʀᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs▽

the rarest type of mutation, these traits are very difficult to find amongst asteria walkers. rare mutations are hardly ever seen, and are considered to make the asteria walker sporting them to be more valuable. if your asteria walker has any rare mutation, then it is considered to be of rare rarity.
▽ coon tail ▽ jaguar tail ▽ angel wings ▽ butterfly wings ▽ sleek fur ▽ more stars ▽ forever baby ▽

▽ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅᴀʀʏ ᴍᴜᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs▽

legendary traits are next to impossible to find, and having an asteria walker with them in your possession is truly an amazing feat! for some odd reason, these asteri only come out around events, and even then they're difficult to come by. these walkers can breed, but without special potions they will not pass down their legendary trait to offspring. they also cannot be put onto customs.
▽ antlers ▽ cherub wings ▽ flop ears ▽
Last edited by sel on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

adoptions

▽ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ▽
Image Image

looking to adopt an asteria walker? this is where you can adopt pre-made asteria from litters that artists have made. there is usually at least one litter in here at all times, so check back frequently too see what's in. our schedule for adopts will usually be one litter per week, but that is subject to change. litters are almost always raffles, and are always in the baby stage when viewed here; only when they are adopted out will they grow into an adult.
each user is only allowed one asteria walker per litter, so choose wisely!

▽ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ: ?▽
artist: ? || ends on: ?

[img]x[/img]

▽ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ: ?▽
artist: ? || ends on: ?

[img]x[/img]

▽ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀᴍ▽

please remember to fill this out entirely before posting, as editing a form will disqualify you for the asteria walker you want. if you absolutely have to edit, please quote your form and then make the change.
Code: Select all
[b]i want to adopt an asteria walker![/b]

[size=85][b][ username ][/b] here
[b][ litter name ][/b] here
[b][ asteria walker # ][/b] here
[b][ name ][/b] here
[b][ why do you want this asteria walker/what do you think it will look like? ][/b] here
[b][ other ][/b] thank you![/size]
Last edited by sel on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 am, edited 227 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

breeding

▽ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ▽

Breeding is essential to maintain any species. however asteria walkers are all genetically agender, so their ways are a bit different.
Here you can breed two of your own asteria walkers, or breed one of your asteria walkers with one belonging to another user. To breed two of your own asteri, you need to buy a star cookie from the shop. then you simply feed it to the two asteri that you want to breed!
a regular litter (without additional breeding items) consists of two-five offspring that share traits and colors of one or more of their parents. owners of the parents will get first pick of one of the offspring, and the others will be put up for adoption. After kits are born, parents will have a 30 day cool down before they can breed again.
there are currently only two available dens for breeding. once they are full, breeding is closed.

▽ᴅᴇɴs▽

Image Image
star cookie (4)
. . .

Image Image
star cookie (3)
. . .

temp den
after a week of no response one or more parent asteri owners, completed litters will be moved here so that the regular dens don't get clogged while waiting. if, after three weeks, the litter is still unclaimed, then it will go up for adoption anyway and the parent asteri owner(s) will miss their chance to claim a kit from the litter.

empty

▽ʙʀᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ғᴏʀᴍ▽

[b]i want to breed two asteria walkers![/b]

[b][username][/b]
[b][asteria 1][/b] [img]image[/img]
[b][asteria 2][/b] [img]image[/img]
[b][breeding items][/b] (list all breeding items you want to apply and any specifications)
[b][if one of the asteri doesn't belong to you, did you get permission to use it? from who?][/b]
Last edited by sel on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 am, edited 31 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

shop

▽sʜᴏᴘ▽

welcome to the shop! this is where you can buy items for your asteria walkers. there will also sometimes be special store-only asteria walkers that you can buy. our currency is stardust, and it is what you need in order to buy things from the shop. to see how much stardust you currently have, check the stardust tab in the bank. below is a chart for how to make conversions from pets/items to stardust
*note, if you're going to send a large amount of omg so commons/very commons/commons, please make sure that most of them are wishlist. thank you!

xx
pets
omgsc/vc = 20 stardust
common = 50 stardust
uncommon = 100 stardust
rare = 250 stardust
very rare = 550 stardust
list pet = unlimited stardust
xxxx
bonuses
1 c$ = 50 stardust
2012 = +10 stardust
2011 = +20 stardust
2010 = +30 stardust
2009 = +40 stardust
2008 = +50 stardust

▽ɪᴛᴇᴍs▽

items go in and out of stock frequently; so if you see something you want to buy, get it before someone else does and tuck it safely into your inventory! we only ask that you not buy more than six of an item per restock. to see how many of an item you have, check the corresponding tab in the bank.

star cookie - 100 stardust
allows two asteria walkers to breed and produce a litter of two-five kits with colors and mutations relative to the parent asteri.
out of stock

lustrous cookie - 200 stardust
raises a single mutation's chance of showing up in offspring by 10%. applicable up to 80% per breeding.
6 in stock

moon dust - 200 stardust
raises the possible number of offspring from two-five kits to four-seven kits.
out of stock

pink crystals - 400 stardust
removes breeding cooldown of any asteria walker.
5 in stock

unique potion - 400 stardust
allows a single mutation not in the genes of either parent asteri to be added to one random offspring. legendary mutations not applicable.
6 in stock

golden quill - 500 stardust
allows all line edits of the parent asteri a 50% chance to be passed down to offspring.
out of stock

reservation certificate - 800 stardust
allows user to reserve any one asteria walker from any regular or secondary litter. cannot be used if chosen asteria walker already has five or more applicants prior to use. not applicable to event asteri.
out of stock

mythic potion - 1000 stardust
allows legendary mutations a 20% chance of being passed down to offspring. can be enhanced by lustrous cookies up to 50%.
out of stock

[size=85][b][username][/b] here
[b][item name & quantity][/b] here
[b][total cost][/b] here[/size]

▽sᴛᴏʀᴇ ᴀsᴛᴇʀɪ▽

store asteri are asteria walkers that were not made for raffle litters, but were instead made to be sold in the store. they are usually rare or of greater value than normal adopts. they come at a price, though, and they are one of a kind; there's only one of each store asteria walker.

[there are currently no asteria walkers in the store]
Last edited by sel on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 38 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

customs

Postby sel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:16 am

▽ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍs▽

as well as litters made by artists, our adoption agency also offers custom-made asteria walkers. we have found that a basic asteria can be genetically modified to meet specific requirements, and have turned this into a way to make asteria walkers that are personal to each user.
but getting a custom will cost stardust so make sure you have some of that first. the price for a custom is 600 stardust, but mutations will cost you extra; an added uncommon mutation is +100 stardust, and an added rare mutations is +250 stardust.
then, before posting your form, make sure that there is a slot open! reserving slots is not allowed, and if customs are closed then you should not post a form.
So if everything checks out, you're ready to move onto the final step: posting the form! after that, i will quote your form to accept it and a link to your custom order will be added into one of the slots below until it is completed. we hope you enjoy your new custom asteria walker!

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
minette. slots:
- closed
- closed
- closed
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Alantica slots:
- closed
- closed
- closed

▽ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ғᴏʀᴍ▽

[b]i want a custom asteria walker please![/b]

[size=85][b][ username ][/b] answer here
[b][ description ][/b] answer here - must give reference image
[b][ mutations ][/b] answer here
[b][ constellation? ][/b] answer here - state # of stars, star size preference, and color
[b][ asteria name ][/b] answer here
[b][ total stardust ][/b] answer here - what is the total price of your custom?
[b][ other ][/b] none[/size]
Last edited by sel on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:51 am, edited 26 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staffing

▽sᴛᴀғғ!▽

i'm going to need some help running these babs if they're going to stay open (which i hope they do) so i'm also gonna need some staff. below i have all of the different staff positions listed, but please do not send in an application if the information on said position has a strike through it; that means that i am currently not taking/judging applications and do not want to receive any more than i already have. of course, please make sure you fully understand the rules attached to the job you want, as well as the requirements. good luck!

▽ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs▽

this staff position is the most important, as the litter artists are the soul of asteria walkers; without them, we would not exist. for that reason, i'm only taking the best of the best to work as artists for they species. the competition here will be very difficult, as i probably will only take one or two artists onto the team each time this position opens. please, if there is not an artist search open, do not send in an application for this job. artists also receive special perks such as one free custom when they join the team, a spot in the staff litters, and +50 stardust per asteria walker that they make.
if you wish to be a litter artist, submit this completed form to minette. via pm. if you are already a general moderator, you cannot apply to be a litter artist.
[center][b]▽ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]username;[/b] (answer here)
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-this is where you can tell me if you've ever worked as an artist for another species on (or off) cs; give examples of your work)
[b]how often are you online?;[/b] (answer here-let me know your activity level and how many times a week you come online)[/center]

▽ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀs▽

general moderators are basically keepers of the peace amongst the community. they help me to answer questions that adopters may have about the species. moderators are typically the ones to settle arguments or respond to questions, as a requirement for their job is to be knowledgable in the species before hand. they watch over the main thread as well as the (eventual) fanclub thread. they also receive special perks such as a free custom when they join the team, a spot in the staff litters if they wish, and +500 stardust every month.
if you wish to be a general moderator, submit this completed form to minette. via pm. if you are already a litter artist, you cannot apply to be a general moderator.
[center][b]▽ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-this is where you can tell me if you've ever worked as a moderator (or any other position) for another species on (or off) cs)
[b]how often are you online?;[/b] (answer here-let me know your activity level and how many times a week you come online)
[b]do you fully understand the rules?;[/b] (answer truthfully please. odds are that i will know, seeing as the only forms submitted that i will consider are those sent in by community members who have proven themselves to be so)
[b]have you ever given help to a fellow member of the community?;[/b] (if yes, give links to posts)
[b]why should you be on the team?;[/b] (answer here-give me two or three sentences about why you think you should be part of the staff)[/center]

▽2ɴᴅ ɢᴇɴ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs▽

this staff position, while smaller than the litter artist, is still very important. 2nd gen artists are the ones that breed and make litters from two asteria walkers. they must have the same experience as litter artists, and will need to have a very good understanding of mutation rarities. they also receive special perks such as a free custom when they join the team, a spot in the staff litters, and +100 stardust every per litter that they make.
if you wish to be a 2nd gen artist, submit this completed form to minette. via pm.
[center][b]▽2ɴᴅ ɢᴇɴ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-this is where you can tell me if you've ever worked as an artist for another species on (or off) cs; give examples of your work)
[b]do you fully understand the mutation rarities?:[/b] (answer here)
[b]how often are you online?;[/b] (answer here-let me know your activity level and how many times a week you come online)[/center]

▽ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs▽

like the 2nd gen artists, custom artists are like a smaller version of litter artists. custom artists, like their title implies, make customs that are ordered by other users. they must have the same experience as litter artists, but will need to be very capable of completing orders with accuracy. they also receive special perks such as a free custom when they join the team, a spot in the staff litters, and +stardust when they complete a custom (amount varies based on the price of each custom).
if you wish to be a custom artist, submit this completed form to minette. via pm.
[center][b]▽ᴄᴜsᴛᴏᴍ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-this is where you can tell me if you've ever worked as an artist for another species on (or off) cs; give a lot of examples of your work)
[b]do you believe yourself to be capable of creating customs that accurate to the request?;[/b] (answer here)

▽ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛs▽

there are usually only ever one-two archivists at one time, and that is because they watch over and organize the archives. archivists help me to catalogue and list all of the adopted asteria walkers in the archives. they must be very active online, and able to work with coding and linking posts. archivists also receive the same benefits as general moderators.
if you wish to be an archivists, submit this completed form to minette. via pm.
[center][b]▽ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪsᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-i'd specifically like to see some experience you've had with coding)

▽ɢᴜᴇsᴛ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛs▽

guest artists are like mini artists. sometimes, i will open up a guest artist search where those who do not wish to commit to being a full aritst on the team can instead apply to be a guest artist. the day you become a guest artist, is the day your 'term' starts. each term lasts one month or after you have made and three asteria walker litters, whichever comes first. after the end of your term, you must wait one month before applying again. guest artists receive a small perk of +300 stardust when they join the team.
if you wish to be a guest artist, attach this completed form submit this completed for to minette. via pm.
[center][b]▽ɢᴜᴇsᴛ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴀᴘᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ▽[/b]
[b]experience;[/b] (answer here-this is where you can tell me if you've ever worked as an artist/guest artist for another species on (or off) cs; give examples of your work)
Last edited by sel on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

events

▽ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛs▽

this is where you can come to participate in events hosted by the staff of asteria walkers. if an event is announced or mentioned by me or another staff member on the thread, all the information will be here. events are usually around a holiday, where themed asteri show themselves and are adopted out to users. along with the rare traits that are commonly seen in these holiday themed walkers, legendary traits are also only seen in asteri around the time of events, so make sure you don't miss out!

▽ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ: ___▽

there are currently no events taking place...
Last edited by sel on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 42 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

affiliates

▽ᴀғғɪʟɪᴀᴛᴇs▽

'asteria walkers' is very open to interacting with other adoption centers! we love to affiliate, so feel free to send minette. a pm about it! below is a list of awesome adoption centers that we are affiliated with at the moment, you should check them out when you get the chance.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage

▽sᴛᴀᴍᴘs▽

here are some stamps made by the members of our community for asteria walkers! feel free to use them and put them in your signature.

Image (made by .mochi)
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3263920#p104060314][img]http://i.imgur.com/h740WAs.gif[/img][/url]

Image (made by sisyphean)
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3263920][img]http://i.imgur.com/NIaQDFu.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by sel on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 8 times in total.
sel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me