Arcan Tide Pools Adopts - Fall Event!!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

What do you think of the new event?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 pm

I like it a lot! The pets are all very cute.
67%
I dislike it! I wanted more custom pets.
No votes
I like it! The set-up of the event is entertaining and fun.
33%
I dislike it. The set-up of the event is very confusing.
No votes
I really don't have an opinion...
No votes

Total votes : 3

Arcan Tide Pools Adopts - Fall Event!!

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:33 pm

NEWS

There is now an event up on the Events page! Please go to the Events Booth for more information~
Netting is open!
Want to help us re-grow our team after the departure of TrixiePixie? Fill out a moderator form today!
The Sea Slug species has been permanently added to our netting lineup!
Customs are closed until further notice!

Welcome to Arcan Tidepools! We are located on the beach, as may be obvious, though many scientists would probably prefer a research center not quite so at risk of the tides. We've been researching the strange tidal phenomena and creatures here for many a year, and finally we believe the wildlife populations stable enough to open a park that is free to the public. So is netting samples, but we do restrict such access. If you want to come poke around, please do go ahead - don't be afraid to ask questions, though!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Directory
Head Post/Staff Apps
Netting Information
Tide Tables Booth {Events}
The Lab {Adoptions and Customs}
Bank
Arcan Park Shop
Arcan Infirmary {Pound}
Breeding Center
Other Links {Archives/Affiliations/Fanclub}

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules
Breaking rules once will result in a prohibition of netting for a month. Twice will be two months, and thrice you will be banned from the thread. If found to be participating once more, moderators will ask you to leave.

-All Tess' rules apply.
-Use the full code drop given by our artists when picking up your pet.
-Please do not remove the purple initials with your pet. This shows they are copyrighted to me as an artist.
-Arcan pets are meant to stay on Chicken Smoothie. Moving them offline will result in punishment unless you request specific permission from the owner of the thread or the main moderator (who should clear it with me)
-No moderating the thread unless you are a staff member.
-These pets belong to the owners they were given to. Taking them from their owner or using them for your own purposes is art theft, which is a punishable offense on-site.
-These pets cannot be used for any trading,currency, or gifts unless otherwise stated by the owner of this thread. And the owner of this thread says no unless you request permission first.
-We are a growing community - please respect other participants and be courteous at all times.
-If you are banned, any of your holdings pertaining to this thread will be stripped - your pets will be put up for adoption and your currency distributed to others.
-TBCONTINUED-

Strikes : None

Bans: None
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientists
Staff

-Chime
Artist/Creator/Owner

PreApex
Artist (for customs and general pet requests)

JellyRamz
Artist

redwolf466
Artist

Night♕

Staff Apps are currently Closed

For Artists and Guest Artists
Code: Select all
[center]I WOULD LIKE TO BE AN ARTIST!
Username:
What are your Art Strengths?:
Why do you want to work with our team?:
Have you had prior experience?:
Art examples:
Do you have an email I can send files to?:
Other:
[/center]

For Moderators and Helpes
[center]I WOULD LIKE TO BE A STAFF MEMBER!
Username:
How would you respond to the question can I get a custom for free?:
Why do you want to work with our team?:
Have you had prior experience?:
Where have you worked before if so?:
Are you active?:
Other:[/center]
Last edited by -Chime on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 83 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Netting

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Netting is currently OPEN!

[color=#40BF80]I WANT TO GO NETTING![/color]
Username:
Pet desired:
Add-ons? (if none say n/a):

Netting is how we catch specimens around here, and you may too if you feel so inclined. A person can attempt at netting once every two days. By preventing overrun of catching by one person, we preserve the species and don't overwork our scientists in restocking species - if it should ever come to that. Netting is a randomized process - even though you may want a certain pet, there is no certainty you will catch it. Here are the species available to catch:

Image Image ImageImageImage
Common Hermit Crab -- Common Fish -- Common Snail -- Common Stingray -- Common Walrus Pup
ImageImageImageImageImage
Uncommon Staghorn Coral -- Uncommon Prawn -- Uncommon Jellyfish --Uncommon Sea Turtle Hatchling-- Uncommon Seagull Chick*
ImageImageImageImage Image
Rare Nudibranch -- Rare Eel -- Rare Octopus -- Rare Reef Shark -- Rare Sea Slug

*Seagull chicks are only available through adoptions, breedings, and events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that these are the species available to catch on a daily basis. Events or releases may add new ones. Netting upgrades to allow an individual to net more frequently and have a better chance of catching something rare will be available in the soon-to-come shop.

These are the base linearts and will be colored in more vibrant hues upon catching them.
Linearts drawn by -Chime and PreApex.
Last edited by -Chime on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 20 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Arcan Tide Pools is a fascinating place, and the park is just as wonderful if you're here for the sightseeing. But if you're here to catch some critters, you've probably noticed all of our species can be found in any Earth ocean. We know that can be sort of boring, but sometimes abnormal things wash up.

We get these strange super high or low tides sometimes that reveal all these strange creatures we've never seen before. Often they're in vast enough numbers to hand off specimens to lucky individuals. Sometimes we find only enough to hand out one.

If you check here, you can often find the tide tables and forecasts for any suspicious oceanic activity. I hope you came at the right time, and the rest of the team hopes so as well.

This stall is curiously unmanned...
Welcome to Fall Event!
This year, instead of providing free adopts and raffles, we're going to send you all on an underwater adventure for the possibility of unlocking three freed adopts pets and tickets for a raffle. The exploration will last for two days, and then the raffle winners will be decided at the beginning of the next week. The exploration was based in part on the Halloween event fuiuki conducted on her Vivarium Store: Aquariums thread!

EVENT
Please only fill out the form once for the event. Make sure to explore each area thoroughly. I will try to have results posted at the end of each day! The rules for this part of the event are as follows:

1. You may only fill out each form once. Using another user's name will result in an immediate ban from the rest of the event and a strike on your activities for the overall thread.
2. If you need a re-do or some help, please pm -Chime (me!). She will get back to you as soon as possible for assistance.
3. This event is password-based. Please keep track of the passwords that are provided, as some are needed from the day before in addition to the ones given within the form.
4. Only move through the form by choosing an option and then selecting next. Navigation by the back and forward buttons at the bottom of each section will make things go out of order. The only exception to this is when it asks you to submit a form or if you have to fill out a password.
4. Have fun and take your time!

DAYS

Day 1

Finished? Move on to Day 2!

DAY 2

RAFFLE
If you have the proper raffle tickets from exploring, your name will appear below the pet being raffled off! If you have completed both days to their fullest extent, you should have an entry for each pet.

The Cold Weather Crab
1. fuiuki

Baby Garibaldi
1. fuiuki

Flame Angelfish
1. Tinnilil
2. Catskitten
3. fuiuki

All art, including backgrounds, drawn for this event was drawn by -Chime!
Last edited by -Chime on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:53 am, edited 122 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions/Customs

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 pm

The Lab

Welcome to our lab facilities! This is where we study the creatures that live in the tide pools, as well as create some of our own. We're surprised that it actually works, but apparently it does. Here, we often have a surplus of creatures to either raffle off or give to park visitors if you don't want to go netting or are waiting for your next chance to go out on the pools.

Adoptions

WE ARE CLOSED.

I WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT A PET!
Username:
Pet number:
What are you going to name it?:
Do you promise to take care of it?:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Customs

Note: Customs cost a certain amount of our park's currency -Foam Spheres- depending on the rarity of the animal. Please visit out bank for exchange rates and find out how to procure some.

Currently, the artists available to create customs are -Chime and PreApex.

Wait list wrote:

Customs are CLOSED until further notice

Prices

Commons cost 10 FS
Uncommons cost 20 FS
Rares cost 40 FS

I WOULD LIKE A CUSTOM!
Username:
Species:
Who would you like to do this custom?:
Color Scheme:
Extras (wings, line edits, etc):
Other:
Last edited by -Chime on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:19 am, edited 52 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bank

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Note that while netting and other such adoptions are free, Foam Spheres unlock the ability to purchase content such as custom adoptables and shop items.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome to the in-park bank! We know it's sort of a shack, but you make do with what you can get. Here you can exchange pets for Foam Spheres, the park's currency. We call it FS for short. FS are known to be quite rare around here - the chances of netting even one by accident is something crazy like one in every thirty. Our staff, however, have received special licenses to gather these strange items from the tide pools. They make lovely gifts - thanks to their attractive purple coloring- and can be used for items in and around the park.

Exchange Rate

OMG So Common Pet = 1 FS
Very Common = 5-10 FS according to age
Common = 10-20 FS
Uncommon = 20-60 FS
Rare = 120-300 FS
Very Rare = 600-1000 FS
Dreamies = Unlimited
Event Tokens (when applicable) = 10-15 FS apiece

All exchanges should be sent to -Chime, where she will appraise your offer and add the appropriate number of FS to your account.

BANK
-Chime = unlimited
Puddingcupx = unlimited
PreApex = unlimited
Just Half Charming = 10000 FS
TrixiePixie = unlimited (due to a dreamie trade, and now being a staff member)
Daymoon123 = 50 FS
Ghostdance = 70 FS
JellyRamz = 3110 FS
Sketchy.pawz = 80 FS
Chibi~Predator = 402 FS
Catskitten = 126 FS
fuiuki = 130 FS
SkyGold = 109 FS
Frogsplash = 125 FS
pearlgold - 1 fs
Violet Berries = 10 FS
Wolfgirlfaith = 42 FS
Last edited by -Chime on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 43 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arcan Park Shop

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Welcome to the Arcan Park Shop! We have been nicknamed the Tourist Trap, because every visitor at least comes in to visit. We sell everything from bucket hats, sunscreen, and towels to beautiful decorations for your pets. You can pay for these items with our park's currency, FS. If you don't have any, visit the Bank -accessible from the head post- and exchange pets or CS event tokens for the currency. We hope you come visit soon! We give out free lemonade (1 FS to every member who asks for free lemonade) on Wednesdays!

Netting-related
Upgraded Netting Pass
This pass allows you to fish once every other day. When filling out the netting form, declare this under your add-ons. This pass works twice before expiring.
Cost - 30 FS

Premium Netting Pass
This pass allows you to fish once every day. When filling out the netting form, declare this under your add-ons. This pass works five times before expiring.
Cost - 50 FS

Animal License
This license allows you to go netting for a certain animal - a 90% guarantee. While filling out the netting form, declare this under your add-ons. This pass works once before expiring.
Cost - 10 FS

Promise Ring
A small copper ring decorated with a small green crystal. This unusual ring allows visitors who plan to be inactive for over four months keep their pets who are not guest artists or retired staff. It also increases your chances of finding a fish.
Cost - 5 FS

Breeding Items
Mutant Jewel
This jewel shines all different colors of the rainbow.This item will allow your pets when breeding to make the offspring into a hybridized species, or rarely a completely new species unlike either parent. When breeding, specify what features you would like to be added to one of the two parents' linearts.
Cost - 35 FS

Iris Pebble
These pebbles seem to affect the hue of your pets.Applying this item to your pet will change the base color of the offspring to a color not seen on either parent.
Cost - 10 FS

Mystery Egg
How in the world...?! Buying this item will change the offspring into a pet not of either parent but of a different one on a higher rarity tier. (For instance, if you bred prawn x octopus, you'd end up with a nudibranch.)
Cost - 40 FS

Pet Accessories
Bubbles
Color-changeable.
Cost - 2 FS
Seaweed Detailing
Available as a garland or decoration near your pet.
Cost - 10 FS
Anemone/Barnacle Friend
Aww, how cute! Anemones are color-changeable. Barnacles available in white, orange, or black.
Cost - 15 FS
Flower Hairpiece
Available for fish, jellyfish, prawn, eel, octopus, and some very rares as well as events. Color-changeable.
Cost - 10 FS

Netting Supplies wrote:
NETTING SUPPLIES
Username:
Wanted Pass:
Quantity:
Breeding Items wrote:
BREEDING SUPPLIES
Username:
Wanted Item(s)
If Iris Pebble, What color:
Quantity:

Pet Accessories wrote:
ACCESSORIES
Username:
Wanted Accessories:
If Color Changeable, what colors (list item and then colors):
Quantity:
Other:
ITEM COUNT wrote:JellyRamz- Mutant Jewel x2
Premium Pass
Upgraded Pass (1 use left)
Mystery Egg x2
Sketchy.pawz - Promise Ring (Used)
Animal License x2
Premium Pass
TrixiePixie - Premium Pass (2 uses left)
Various Accessories
-bubbles
-seaweed detailing
Mutant Jewel
Unused Premium Pass x2
Animal License x10
Bunny Butt - Unequipped Barnacle Buddy
fuiuki - Upgraded netting pass
GHOST NET
Animal License
Floofy.butt - Bubbles accessory
kyubi! - Unused Upgraded Netting Pass
Catskitten - Barnacle Buddy
Wolfgirlfaith - Bubbles (equipped)
2 promise rings
Last edited by -Chime on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 30 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pound

Postby -Chime » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Welcome to the Arcan Infirmary - otherwise known as the pound, as our visitors and staff have nickamed it. This is where we put pets that have been abandoned on the beach. It's very rare, but they need a place to stay. Pets that are sick or dying also go here - or if any scientists get sick themselves, they come here. We have a great doctor on staff. Because of that, we keep the pound in operation and very clean. We hope it never end up at full capacity.

The pound is where we put pets that were left over from events, taken away from banned members, gifted by donors, or recollected from inactive members (retired staff, guest artists and players who have personally requested to keep their pets are exempt, or not applicable, to this rule. Inactive members are classified as people who haven't had any activity in anything related with Arcan Tidepools in over four months).

THE POUND IS CLOSED.

I WANT TO ADOPT A POUND PET!
Username:
Pound pet number:
Why do you want this pet?:
Other:
Last edited by -Chime on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:15 am, edited 18 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliations and Other Related Links

Postby -Chime » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:55 pm

This is where Arcan Park is lucky enough to have set up partnerships with other places that offer pets! Of course, there are just a few now, as we are very new - but I'm sure we'll be giving our support to more soon enough. If you want to visit these places, our scientists will leave links!

Image Shark Shibes Image Image Image Image

If you want to affiliate with us, here is a form! Send it to -Chime through PM or leave it on this thread.

I WOULD LIKE TO AFFILIATE WITH ARCAN TIDEPOOLS
Username:
Name of Adoption Agency:
Link or button:
Other:

OUR BANNER(S)
Support us by putting this in your signature or sending it to others

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2832847][img]http://images.cooltext.com/4458658.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2832847][img]https://s32.postimg.org/yayvyj17p/Octopus_copy.png[/img][/url]

FANCLUB AND ARCHIVES

Fanclub

NEW ARCHIVES

(OLD) Arcan Archives

Thank you to this cool website
Last edited by -Chime on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arcan Tide Pools Adopts - FIRST LITTER UP

Postby Magnaskies » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Username: .:Feralstrike:.
Pet number: 2
What are you going to name it?: Syval
Do you promise to take care of it?: YES <3
Indefinite hiatus, I'm sorry!
Magnaskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arcan Tide Pools Adopts - FIRST LITTER UP

Postby -Chime » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:28 pm

.:Feralstrike:. wrote:
Username: .:Feralstrike:.
Pet number: 2
What are you going to name it?: Syval
Do you promise to take care of it?: YES <3

Your adoption has been accepted!
Here is your new pet nudibranch!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2832847&p=91553660#p91553660][img]http://s29.postimg.org/b7vp5y6hf/image.png[/img][/url]
How we talked things
Like we knew what we wanted
And I still remember what she said
xo
-Chime

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me