Narakari Meadows

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Narakari Meadows - New thread!

Postby Saturn V » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:40 pm

How do I get more slots? What you wrote in the first posts isn't too clear

—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Hi friends! - I’m Saturn V

ToyhouseArt FightArt Shop 2
Discord: Saturn V#8631
—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Saturn V

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 am

animal lover1234 wrote:How do I get more slots? What you wrote in the first posts isn't too clear

Well, let's have a look! Yama wrote this on the front page:

"Slot system
Every user starts with one Narakari slot. That means you are only allowed to own one exemplar at the beginning. If you want more, look for a charity breeding in our breeding section (in this thread) or take a look at the contests and events in our rider's snuggery (official thread, that is linked in the first post). Slots can not be sold or gifted between users."

So, as you already know a slot is like a free box/stall in your stable to put a Narakari in. You can have ten slots and only five Narakari as the boxes simply would be empty. But you cannot have five boxes and ten Narakari. But I think you already know that.
So, how do you get more?
1) Charity breeding
A charity breeding is there to give users who do not own a Narakari yet and who would like one the chance of owning his very own equine. Two user's breed their Naras, the resulting foal goes to the user who had no Narakari before. This is often done when a friend of a Narakari owner would like to have one, but is rather new on CS and so does not have the pets to simply buy himself one.
A charity is for free. As an additional reward the two owners of the mare and the stallion who produced the offspring get a free slot. So everyone wins in the end!
2) The second archive
There is a second "fanthread" of the Narakari universe, the so-called "Rider's Snuggery" (Click here!). It's full of us owners chatting, posting pictures of our darling Naras and so forth. In there, you can also create a second archive. Basically this is a post where you collect all infos about your adopted design. Give him a charakter, a story, a rider, a favourite food, whatever! If you are done, show Yamaneko the link and she will add it to the official list of second archives and gift you a slot for all your work!
Look at these finished or WIP (because most of us keep buying new Narakaris every here and there) for some inspiration:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1645786&p=50179460#p50179460
3) Mini-Contests and such
Also in the snuggery there are many big and small things to do that will give you more slots. Right now the annual "Grand Tournament" (short: "GT") has ended and the winners just recieved their prizes. Next summer will be another one, so don't be sad you missed this one! As the GT is a lot of work for Yamaneko and the participants each, you will most likely have to wait a few weeks until another contest comes up. To get detailed info about the GT, please click here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1645786&p=50179460#p50179414
But fear not! After the GT was done, Yamaneko posted some info about what would come next. There are plenty of possibilities to get slots mentioned in it! Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1645786&start=3210#p90895634
4) The Quest
Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1645786&p=50179460#p50179435
Basically it is a long-time drawing task. If you accomplish it, you'll earn three slots.
Besides this, there are a lot of smaller things coming up here and there. Sometimes it is as easy as posting a song or writing a 200 word story about you and your Narakari enjoying the summer. Or draw a picture and gift it to another user. You know, these kind of things.

So my advice would be: Make yourself a second archive. After you have posted it the "Snuggery" will automatically be in your "Own Posts" list. Check it every once in a while to see if there is a contest going on. It's easy to acquire a great amount of slots with only a bit of work. Plus, come by and have a chat with us! We're all really friendly.

Oh, and sorry for the wall of text ;)
(P.S.: If you don't know how many slots you currently have, check your entry in the official Narakari Archive. Click here to get there.)

EDIT: Corrected some information and typos.
EDIT 2: Updated contest info.
EDIT 3: Corrected some typos and updated contest info.
EDIT 4: Updated mini-contest info.
Last edited by Schneemaehne on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:24 am

Wuhuha, ninja'd. ^^

But there is one little point I have to fix:
Schneemaehne wrote:1) Charity breeding
A charity breeding costs just as much as any orher breeding.

Charity breedings are for free. ;)
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saturn V » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:31 am

Do you need any artists?

—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Hi friends! - I’m Saturn V

ToyhouseArt FightArt Shop 2
Discord: Saturn V#8631
—————————— ☆☆☆——————————
Saturn V

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 am

Yamaneko wrote:Wuhuha, ninja'd. ^^

... makes them even more awesome! Sorry for confusing that bit. Never did one myself, maybe that's the reason ;)
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yamaneko » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:18 am

animal lover1234 wrote:Do you need any artists?

No.

Schneemaehne wrote:
Yamaneko wrote:Wuhuha, ninja'd. ^^

... makes them even more awesome! Sorry for confusing that bit. Never did one myself, maybe that's the reason ;)

No problem. ^^
And thank you for the explanation. ;)
Yamaneko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 am

Schneemaehne I feel the urge to write your name the proper German way with 'ä', darn x3, you are the guest artist? Oh wow, congrats :)
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:45 am

Well, I changed it three years ago because I found out that international users had a problem with the spelling. And I've been "Schneemaehne" ever since. But I honestly do not care much how you write it. Just never could change my username, I have since seven years now and it has kinda grown on me!

And thank you. I feel honoured to be allowed to wander through hell with Yama and catch some Narakaris! She has a lot more experience though, it was pretty hard to catch those swift beasts!
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cautiousculpeo » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Wow beautiful <3 I'm hoping one day I will be able to be a guest artist <3 that's the dream haha until then I will be practicing my skills!

| Twitch | she/her | adult user | married | Procreate | Pet Collector |
duck lover and proud muscovy mama of 4. i collect all the ducks and duck themed pets! trade with me!
I havent been active in a long time <3 but im getting back into it!

ImageImage
I am a holibomber! - I have gifted 20 people. I have received 21 gifts.
cautiousculpeo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me