Crystinalians -Open (Crystmas Raffles on Pg 60)

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Crystinalians -Open (Crystmas Raffles on Pg 60)

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:08 am

Official lines by Neara (Thanks Neara for helping!)[/size]

Crystinalians

Rules

- No art theft, these designs belong to me up until adoption and then belong to their adopters.
- We work as quickly as we can when we can, with both designing and judging. Please respect that it may take up to several days before new designs or judging is done.
- No whining or complaining if you don't get a Crystinalian or if there's though opponents. Don't guilt trip another user.
- Do not be rude to any staff or other members on the thread. If you see someone breaking the rules you should leave it to the moderators to deal with.
- Do not trade or sell your Crystinalian, if you no longer want to keep your Crystinalian PM Lirrie so that she can give put it out for readoption. This also includes customs.
- If you try to cheat in any way to gain more Crystinalians during events or such, you'll be permabanned. You'll be unable to ever adopt another Crystinalian ever again, in some cases your existing Crystinalians might be taken from you too.
- You do not need to know why certain users have been banned. They're only on a list on this thread so that we can keep track on their accounts if they ever decide to change username to get past their banning.
- We love it if the members are active and share stories/art with the other members. If you have anything at all to show off about your Crystianlian feel free to post it!
- Do not be afraid of asking questions, we're more than happy to answer any questions you might have!
- Have fun and enjoy yourselves!
-Always credit Lirrie when posting your Crystinalian somewhere, it's just common courtesy to credit the creator of the the species
-No one word posts or posts with mark, or marking, if you want to mark please post something relavant.

Staff
Owner
Lirrie

Co-owner
Skritnaja

Official Artists
Tripp
NARANDA

Guest Artists

Skritnaja
king-rascal.
Moderators

NARANDA

Judges
NARANDA

Last edited by Lirrie on Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:16 am, edited 31 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Crystinalians information

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:09 am

Crystinalians information

Newborns
At birth Crystinalians are usually the size of a newborn kitten, this means they are extremely small and vulnerable and are tiny compared to their gigantic parents. At this stage they still retain their fluffy kitten fur, although this will grow longer when they become cubs. They will need their mother's warmth for several weeks as they begin to grow into the next stage of life. Their mother's milk is fiber enriched to help their fur grow faster. At this age they are usually very light coloured, their fur is normally a very pale version of their adult colour. They also have no, or very faint markings. On the rare occasion a dark cub is born they are normally shunned or even cast out by their parents. Both parents are involved in raising them at both this stage and the cub stage. At this age the mother chews on the crystals to help promote growth.

Cubs
At this stage the young Crystinalians are roughly six weeks old and are around a quarter of their mothers size. After nine months they will be roughly half her size, but it takes two years for them to grow fully. This is the stage where they begin to prepare for their adult lives. Their claws are still growing but are now usable as long as the cubs are careful. Playing becomes more dangerous as their claws harden and grow stronger. Their fur is still very light but they are starting to gain adult fur colours, their feathering is growing in and at around six months old they start to show their markings. They also rely less on their parents for warmth. At nine months their feathering is roughly half the length it will be when they are adults. Their crystals are still growing along with the rest of them, by this stage they should be growing well on their own without their parents help.

Adulthood
This is the final, and longest stage of life. They reach it at around two years old. In this stage their fur is fully grown as is their feathering, colouring and markings are the colour they will be for the rest of the Crystinalians life. Standing they are around 4'10, with females being slightly smaller than males. The males usually average 400 to 500 pounds with females averaging out at 350-400 pounds. They can't swim because they have so much fur that it weighs them down too much. When it comes down to battle they prefer fighting to running. At this stage of life the crystals are fully grown and the adults can carry the full weight of their crystals.
Crystinalians will never live nor interact with humans, and in fact are one of the only species they fear. Humans will kill cubs and adults alike to get the crystals for jewelry and their pelt which is said to be the softest in all of the lands. They only have one other enemy, a wolf-like creature built to withstand their habitat and attacks. Not much is known about it yet.

Colours & Crystals
Crystinalians normally have darker base colours with lighter colours and markings. Sometimes, although this is very rare, they can be born with feathering or markings that are darker than the base colours, but it very rarely happens. Albinos occur only very rarely.
If a dark cub is born unlike its light brothers and sisters it will get lighter as it grows.
Crystinalians never comes completely in bright fluorescent colours.
Their Crystals are the key to their lives and are used for both breeding and hunting. The crystals can be almost every colour, but dark grey and black gems have never been witnessed. Sometimes the skin and fur around the crystals become itchy and irritated which causes the Crystinalians to scratch itself against rocks and trees. This causes their crystals to crack which gives them more room to grow. Its not uncommon to see a Crystinalian with cracked and scraggly crystals.
During hunt a Crystinalian buries itself under snow so only it's eyes and crystals are showing. It then lures it's prey in by using the attractive crystals. They then leap out at them when their prey close enough for a short chase or even in some cases an instant capture.
The Crystinalians crystals are attached to their spines. To remove them is an inevitable death.

Genes
Crystinalians can have their own unique genes and abnormalities but some of these show up in several individuals of the species. These genes always have a chance to be passed down to the offspring. Below is a list of the genes that can appear in lots of different Crystinalians.
(Some customs have their own unique genes that'll only be passed down to offspring, although some customs can have similar genes to others these will not count to the list of "official" genes)
Crystal Aura Glow gene
Glowing Crystals gene
Long Facial Fur gene
Slender Tail gene
Bobtail gene
No tail gene
Last edited by Lirrie on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breedings & Customs

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 am

Breedings & Customs

Breeding Information

Currently Closed!

At the age of two years old Crystinalians are ready to begin breeding, usually the male will attract the female with their markings and crystals. Males are adorned with flamboyant markings and their crystals usually become a much brighter version of its normal color during the breeding season. A female will go for the male with the most attractive markings and crystals. A female can turn down many males while trying to find the one it connects to.

Breeding rules

- You must either own two of your own or have permission from the owner of the other.
- They can have between 1 and 3 kits per breeding. Getting 3 kits is really rare.
- Be patient, breedings take time, even more time than regular adopts on some occasions.
- Don't post a breeding form if it says breedings are closed.
- It happens quite often that kits are stillborn, meaning that sometimes you get less kits than the normal amount of certain breedings. Just breed them again if you want more kits as there so far is no limit to how many times you can breed your Crystinalians.

Customs

Currently Closed!

Custom rules

- Customs are only available if we have agreed on them or if any of the species artists specifically ask you to give them colours for a custom. Do not hound any of the staff members about customs.
- Customs can have almost any edits and accessories. The edits and/or accessories have to be either natural or simple manmade things like jewelry, fabric and similar. Robotic bodyparts and steampunk bodyparts will never be allowed. Their crystals can't be removed either, however they can be edited to look more cracked and similar.

Custom payment

Customs are only open for December 18th pets currently and/or custom tickets, if you own one.

Slots and bank

Customs

NARANDA (event ticket) not used
Seneca Crane (event ticket) WIP by Skritnaja
toady (event ticket) not used
Chasta (event ticket) not used
~Willow (special prize in Crystmas) not used
Bentley (special prize from Crystmas) not used
doxie (special prize from Crystmas) not used
Horneddragon (special prize from Crystmas) not used
Cryogenic (special prize in Crystmas) X WIP by Lirrie
Rabbitheart (Prize from Crystmas) Not used
DrinaLestrange (ticket x2) Not used
booklover789 (gift for helping out) not used
Ditzy Derp (Candyshop purchase) not used
Shinkei-Shinto (Gift from NARANDA) X WIP by Skritnaja
.chamomile. not used
Ruby-Skylark not used
The One & Only Vapor not used

Breedings

Seneca Crane (event ticket) not used
toady (event ticket) not used
booklover789 (x2 tickets, one for helping out and one purchase from the candy shop) not used
DrinaLestrange (ticket deal with Lirrie) not used
dark dragon (gift for helping out) X WIP by Lirrie
Miomichio not used
Ruby-Skylark not used

Add on Crysts

dark dragon (Candyshop purchase) not used
booklover789 (x2) not used
Ruby-Skylark (x2 tickets) not used

Makeover Crysts

DrinaLestrange (ticket deal with Lirrie) not used

Forms

Breeding form

Code: Select all
[color=#FF0000]I want to breed two Crystinalians![/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Female Reference:[/b]
[b]Male Reference:[/b]
[b]Both parties consent:[/b] [i](When Required)[/i]
[b]Prefered artist:[/b] (if any)
[b]Other:[/b]

Custom form

[color=#000080]I want a custom Crystinalian![/color]
[b]Colour palettes:[/b]
[b]Markings:[/b]
[b]Edits/accessories:[/b]
[b]Genes? (Y/N):[/b] (look at Crystinalian Information, bottom part)
[b]I agree to abide by the species rules:[/b]

Add on form
[color=#008040]I want accessories for my Crystinalian![/color]
[b]Crystinalian:[/b]
[b]Accessories details:[/b]

Makeover form
[color=#400080]I want a makeover![/color]
[b]Crystinalian:[/b]
[b]Full/part makeover?:[/b]
[b]Same palette or new colours?[/b]
[b]Genes?:[/b] (Will cost extra to limit the use of this. 200 gems. Exception: If the Crystinalian has a parent with a certain gene it can inherit the gene from the parent, this will not cost extra)
[b]Other:[/b] (Extra details that you feel is important to include)
Last edited by Lirrie on Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 am, edited 27 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:12 am

Adoptions

Now to the part you've all been awaiting, the adoptables! Please try to keep any entries true to the species, feel free to ask questions if there's anything you want to know. Most importantly; have fun and enjoy yourself with the entries you make!

Remember these sets of rules too:

Two paragraphs is the minimum for the history, nothing shorter or less detailed will be accepted, and the personality can not be just single words, go in depths. So have sentences in your personality. Please add to your forms if you are below this limit! One paragraphs means 5 sentences per paragraph! Nothing less, but you can have more per paragraph if you want!
Make sure that your form does not include the word WIP in it. All forms during judging day that have WIP in them will not be qualified for judging.

Examples of previous winners to show what we are looking for at the minimum!:
Example #1, Example #2, Example #3, Example #4, Example #5

Current adoptions
Round ends on
There are currently 0 adoptables available

Pen 1

Name: Adopters choice
Abnormalities: None
Base:
Extras: None

Pen 2

Name: Up to adopter
Base:
Extras: /

Pen 3

Name: Adopters choice
Base:
Extras: \

Pen 4

Designer:
Name:
Base:
Extra info:
[/quote]

[center][b]Application form
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Pen number:[/b]
[b]Will you make any use of the Cryst?:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
Last edited by Lirrie on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 am, edited 27 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Crystinalian shop

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 am

Crystinalian shop
Welcome to the shop. I'm Ätzende and I'm a traveling merchant of the dragon species. The dragons and Crystinalians have had a fragile alliance for a long time and even though I don't like those furballs I atleast respect them, somewhat. Compared to humans you're also easier to make deals with. Anyway, see any wares that tickle your fancy? I stock up whenever I want to and there's no need to rush me, sometimes I might even have... rare deals for you. However, they can cost you all your riches. *Ätzende snickers contemptuously*
I only accept gems as my currency.

Current stock
Shop is currently CLOSED

Custom ticket
Enables you to get a custom Crystinalian designed after your specific wishes
Price: 500 gems each
In stock: 0

Breeding ticket
Enables you to breed two Crystinalians to get kits
Price: 400 gems each
In stock: 2

Makeover ticket
Enables you to get an already existing Crystinalian remade with the same colour scheme and theme as before. You must own the Crystinalian in question
Price: 250 gems each
In stock: 4

Accessorie ticket
Enables you to add accessories to an already existing Crystinalian. You must own the Crystinalian in question
Price: 150 gems each
In stock: 6

Last edited by Skritnaja on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Legends

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:14 am

These legends were written by the user NARANDA for an event of the species. As a prize the two legends she wrote will now be futured in this post for everyone who wants to read them.

Like The Points of a Compass

Nights were filled with howling winds and an inescapable darkness.
Hunters roamed without control killing all who crossed nearby them.
This is where our story begins, before we even existed, for in a time of despair we were born, lights to a dark, cruel world. a world full of death and blood, a world full of sorrow and pain, a world in which no crystinalian could live peacefully. Every human seemed to own the a skin of our once flourishing race, on every table sat a group of our prized crystals. How could any be so cruel?

In the darkest of time, when a guardian was needed most. Four crysts were born.
One for each direction of the compass.
Each protecting a specific region, direction of the earth.

The beautiful lady of the north. With her silver and red fur.
One who can be cruel, but also very protective.
She guards the snowy north, a place roaming with hunters and death. A place that is very rough and cold, a very dangerous place to live. Not many have seen her and believe she is just a myth, but a few know better to believe this, for the massacre that made her into a guardian is still told down from those that were in it. The survivors tell their stories about how she came to be. From the bloody landscape she rose up as a guardian for the snowy beings.

Then their comes the southern boy. With his green like the vines of the jungle.
Cast from their home, they had no where to hide, being killed, skinned and soon almost extinct. Trees fell from their places, strong and tall, brought to their knees from the humans chainsaws. They were helpless against this, loosing their homes and theirs lives, no where to go except to hide, hide in the remains of the once mighty forest they once called their home. Out of the fallen trees and vines rose a male of brown and green, the guardian of the jungle woken up by the destruction and loss. He caused lots of problems for the lumberjacks and hunters, lowering their profit and allowing his own to prosper.

Then the girl of the west. With blue fur and native symbols.
Blue feathers placed in her fur and green leaves tangled as well.
The west was once a peaceful land where they were respected by the humans, but soon even the natives of the land were also disrespected. They were seen as low, nothing but fur and precious crystals. To the humans, crystinalians had no feelings, they were just for them to kill, soon they were being harvested, like grain from a field. Everything was changing, land, creatures and life, now was the time for the lady of the west to wake up and rise. It was her time to protect her kind from the change and hunters new. Scaring prey from the hunters she made it hard for them to survive, stealing their supplies she tried very hard to hide them. She dislikes hurting others, even humans who hurt her kind, so she tried to find a way to distract them from the crystianlians of the land. She also helped her kind adjust to the change forced upon them.

Last but not least comes the boy from the east.
With prized antlers upon his head and silk running down his back.
Crysts of this region were very hard to catch, but they hated always being on the run and wanted a bit of peace. The eastern guardian rose up to help them out, chasing humans away. Allowing for a bit of peace here and there, keeping them healthier then they ever been, now instead of little food and too much running, they had plenty of rest and things to eat. They still had to run, but this made them only harder to catch and the cryst who allows their peace is always out of site. Very few have seen this boy for he follows from afar, smiling at his handy work and leaving hunters off.

This is how each of us came to be.
This when each of us rose.
But what about the fifth you may ask.
The fifth is the peace keeper of us four.

Each of the directions fight for dominance, one day we are peaceful, the next we are at war. Like when the east invaded the west, and the north fought with the south. The fifth is the keeper of the peace, negotiating and forcing us to stop our quarrels. She rose when we were at war with one another, when the whole world fought for dominance. It started in the east and spread across the surface, bringing every direction into the great battle. This is the first time she rose, when the peace could not be kept. She fought long and hard, finally restoring peace, but soon she would have to rise again to stop another war. The four of us could not seem to stop, we all needed to be best, we all needed to be dominant. she stopped the war both times. This is how she rose, this is what she is guardian of, she is the guardian of the compass, of all four directions, she is the one who keeps us in line, she is the one who protects us.

The Four Corners

The humans have nearly wiped the crystianlians into extinction.
They hunted and killed to no end, not thinking of what might happen.
They didn't realize that if they hunted them all there would be no more left.
No more precious crystals or beautiful fur, nothing but what they have already collected.

At this point in time four guardians rose up, one from each corner of the earth.
Two males and two females, rising to fight extinction.
One was vicious and mean, killing many human with her claws.
Another was more peaceful and played tricks to complicate their hunts.
One stole and scared away the humans.
The last scared and lead the humans on the wrong trails.

These four fought long and hard till, but the humans also tried harder.
They were losing the battle, losing their species.
They would not give up though, they continued to fight.
Losing more and more to the battle with the humans.

A fifth one then rose, an answer to prayer.
He led them into battle, giving them more courage.
They then fought harder then ever.
Claws flew and battle cries were roared.
For many, many years the battle was waged.
Until they finally found a way to win.

They won that day, but kept their technique a secret.
They now hide in waiting, watching for trouble.
They are ready to battle again is called to.
They protect the species with all their lives.
Working together to keep the species alive.

This is their legend. This is how they came to be.
This is how they became known.
This is how they became guardians.

Last edited by Lirrie on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

links and applications

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:14 am

Important links

Application forms

Do you want to apply for being a judge, mod or even an artist? Then this is the place for you. Make sure you've read the species info before applying so that you actually know something about the species as all positions require species knowledge.
There are currently only three positions available.

Judge
The job of a judge is to go through the applications form for each application period and make sure that the forms follow the species rules and limitations. A judge also judges the applications based on how well executed and well written they are. Each judge then gives their opinion on each form to Lirrie so that she can pick out the winner based on the opinions of all the judges.

The job of a moderator is to keep a watch over to thread and give out warnings to anyone who behaves badly or doesn't follow the rules of ChickenSmoothie and the rules of the Crystinalians. If a moderator see a person that doesn't follow the rules they need to tell the person to stop. Any rule breaking people will be reported to Lirrie for further decision making on if the person will be banned from the species, reported to the mods or simply be given a warning.

Artist
The job of an artist simply lies within making the Crystinalians for the thread. Artists work on normal adoptables for the thread, custom designs and even breedings. Artists may also be the ones that plan different events for the Crystinalian community.

Any staff that is unable to perform their duty because of various reasons needs to unform Lirrie so that she knows. Not staying in touch during such times can potentially get you kicked from the staff.
We're in no way hunting down inactive staff and as long as you just inform Lirrie about the current situation you're in we can solve the issues for the best interest of everyone.

Judge application
[b]Application to be a judge[/b]
[b]Why I want to be a judge:[/b]
[b]I agree to abide by the species rules:
[b]How Much Time can you Devote?[/b][/b]

Moderator application
[b]Application to be a Moderator[/b]
[b]Why I want to be a Moderator:[/b]
[b]Have you been a mod somewhere else? Where?:[/b]
[b]How Much Time can you Devote?[/b]

Artist application
[b]Application to be an aritst[/b]
[b]Why I want to be an artist:[/b]
[b]Have you been an artist for another species? Where?:[/b]
[b]Please include some design examples, in links:[/b]
[b]How Much Time can you Devote?[/b]
Last edited by Lirrie on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and Fanart

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 am

Affiliates and Fan Art

Affiliates

Fan-Art
Lovely Button by Tripp, thank you!
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2220161][img]http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/Insanitytripp/iaza11001925670700.gif[/img][/url]

Sketch By Druid Swiftpaw (do not use please):

Last edited by Lirrie on Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 am

Events

Here all current species events will be posted in detail. If you have any questions on any current events feel free to ask in the thread.
[/center]

Crystmas

A breeze of icey wind as a glimmer races through the forest. A glint off a shiny surface gives a crystalline hue to the air around it. More of It fellow creature appear beside it racing through the forest. It is the time of the year when they gather to celebrate. The soon enter a moonlit clearing. This year there are only ten or them. They await finding their new territory with eager faces.

Day 1

Designed by Lirrie
Name your favorite tradition for christmas to be entered into a raffle for the above boy.

Won by Ardra

Day 2

Designed by Skritnaja

Name you favorite christmas sweet to be entered in this raffle

Won by Naranda

Day 3

Designed by Lirrie

Name you favorite Christmas carol.
Won by booklover789

Day 4

Designed by Skritnaja

What colour scheme do you usually decorate your tree with? If you don't decorate a tree how do you prefer to make your home a bit more festive for the season?

Won by Ardra

Day 5 - Special

Custom by me

What would you dream cryst be?

Won by Phyris

Day 6

Won by Ardra

WON BY booklover789
THIS DAY BRINGS TWINS BY SKRITNAJA

Tell me a festive joke? :O

Day 7

Lets get punny :D Give me a christmas pun to be entered .

Won by Alckatraz

Day 8

design by Skritnaja

Whats the first thing you think of when you think christmas and/or other winter holidays?
[center]

Won by Ardra[/center]

Day 9

Designed by Skrit

What do you celabrate :D?

Mon by kartharon

Day 10

Design by Tripp
Send my an animal in the snow gif.

Christmas

Design by Tripp
Send gifs of santa.
Last edited by Lirrie on Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:29 am, edited 26 times in total.
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crystinalians -Posting Closed (Round closed)

Postby Lirrie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:16 am

reserved
Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me