Lenarion Adoptions [Hiatus, see pg 72]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

What do you prefer?

Themed sets(space, birds of paradise, etc)
31%
Random sets
18%
Larger releases(4-6)
26%
Smaller releases(1-3)
4%
2 week contests
7%
1 week contests
13%

Total votes : 119

Lenarion Adoptions [Hiatus, see pg 72]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:14 am

What is a Lenarion?

Lenarions are large and potentially dangerous beasts that resemble a kangaroo in build. They have long pointed ears with a small curl of fur at the tip. Their forepaws only have two long and seemingly delicate fingers with razor-sharp claws used for ripping and tearing. The beak that serves as their mouth is equipped with strong pincers that hold their prey tightly once caught, leaving almost no chance of escape. Lenarions are carnivorous and therefore only eat meat, preferring it raw. Their tail is thick and muscular, though it is used more for keeping them balanced while sitting. Lenarions never move about on all fours, hopping like their kangaroo counterparts instead. Regardless of the vicious nature of wild lenarions, those who are bred and domesticated in the correct environment are extremely cuddly and generally very protective of their human companion. Advancements in technology have allowed many companion lenarions to be equipped with transmission devices(similar to the dog collars in UP) that allow them to use human speech.

How Do I Adopt?:

In order to adopt a lenarion, just scroll down the page and check which lenarions are currently available. There is a base form and each lenarion will generally have a couple of added requirements. Just fill out the application before the end date and wait for the competition to be judged! The competitions themselves can be one of many different types so even if you're not good at drawing or writing, you can still adopt! Just find a competition that fits what you feel capable of and go for it! The adoptions themselves will always be free! No payment required other than your time/effort put into filling out the application!
You can also request a custom when they're open, but be aware that not every person who submits a form will be chosen.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 am

General Rules:

1. No fighting/bickering, we respect everyone here.
    2. Complaining about not winning is not allowed, there will always be more(well, if people are actually interested that is)
    3. Do not mini-mod on the thread, my mods and I have it handled
    4. Please don't ask to be added to staff, I'll hire staff as I see fit
    5. Do not spam, it's unnecessary.
    6. If you're caught stealing anything relating to Lenarions, you will be banned from the species permanently.
    7. Lenarions are never to be bought, sold, or given away. Should you no longer want your lenarion for any reason, contact me and we'll work through re-homing it together.
    8. Each person may own a total of 6 lenarions(this may change depending on demand), first gen lenarions do not count toward this limit unless they are re-adopts
    9. Customs are reserved for gifts and special prizes in event contests. Please see the section about customs for more information
    10. Please make sure your lenarion links back to the main thread. I'll provide code-drops with the links attached, but if you choose to re-size or upload to your own host server just make sure you re-add the link
    11. Metta reserves the right to repossess and re-adopt lenarions from people who get banned from the species(Rule put into effect 10/2/13)
    12. *NEW* You may only apply for one lenarion per set
    13. Please do not alter the official art, if you want to add accessories, you're welcome to do so, but you must not edit them onto the official art.
    14. Metta also reserves the right to repossession with reasonable cause. This means that should I discover something you've done or are doing that goes against the rules, I have every right to take back your lenarions and give them to someone else. (3/9/14)

Artist Rules:

1. Lenarions come in a wide range of colors and hues, however, this does not mean make rainbows and super sparkle goober lenarions. Think of their background and design them accordingly.
    2. I'm not going to completely confine you, but try to use no more than five colors on their fur. Their eyes can be any colors though
    3. Artists are allowed 2 customs and they do count toward your limit
    4. Please ask me before doing lineart edits(other than items/accessories)
    5. All artists will PM me their created lenarions to be released when I see fit. Please do not resize them, just save as PNG and send them over, I'll resize them and upload them for future release
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adoptions

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:17 am

Basic Application Form:

Code: Select all
~Tryin for a Drink~
Username:
Number:
Name:

Available Lenarions:
End Date: OVER
Made by Cion Keiasta

Baby Application Form:

~Babeh Form~
Username:
Number:
Name:
Last edited by Cion Keiasta on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff and News

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:19 am

Creator/Owner:
Metallic Dragon

Moderators:
Destiny
Cion Keiasta
Artists:
None Yet

Archivist:
Cion Keiasta

6/16/15 Hiatus
We had no applications for any of the other lenarions in this set. I won't lie, I'm kinda disappointed in the level of inactivity we've had within Lenarions since the Easter event two months ago. I've been working on the summer event, but I'm beginning to doubt that it'll be worth the effort I put in due to the microscopic amount of people even applying for the regular adopts and the even smaller response I've been getting when looking for suggestions and ideas to help make lenarions better for everyone(thank you to everyone who has responded, your ideas have been extremely helpful and will be integrated into the event, ilu <3).
This, along with all of the enormous changes going on in my life right now that are draining my energy levels and making it difficult for me to stay motivated, has brought me to the decision to put lenarions on hiatus for a month or two, at least until I feel better physically and have more energy to keep putting up adoptables.
In the meantime, I will continue to work on the summer event when I have the time and energy. Lenarions will reopen when the event begins at the beginning of August. Depending on activity during and immediately following the event I will decide whether I want to continue with lenarions as an open species or if I will permanently close them to the public and instead only offer them to my friends.

This being said, now is the time to prove yourselves. We've had a fanclub for ages now, but I've seen maybe 5 people post in it total. I feel like lenarions have become nothing more than collectible adopts rather than loved characters that are developed and used. I've seen a few people taking the initiative to work on their lenarions, but so many more just seem to be adopting them simply to have them. So, for those who are actually interested in seeing lenarions continue, this part is important. Head on down to the fanclub and lets get some discussion going. Perhaps if I have time, I'll even pop by and toss out sketches of lenarions who belong to particularly active members there. But seriously, this community isn't even remotely like a community at the moment. It's time to change that.

5/21/14 A Quick Update
Well, since Easter things have been moving fairly slowly and I know that I am to blame for that. Contests have been drawn out longer than they used to be and I've been forgetful about judging when the deadlines actually do roll around. However, do not fear! This does not mean that lenarions are going to be shutting down any time soon. Most recently I've updated the archive to make it more user-friendly and there are several events in the works. Items will be available soon as well, I just haven't had a chance to get that bit set up all the way quite yet.
I hope you'll all keep sticking around and spread the word so we can increase the community together! As always, thank you all for everything you've done and for all of the support! You're fantastic! Also, remember that I'm always open for suggestions, if there's something you'd like to see, please don't hesitate to contact me!

4/21/14 Easter Event Comes to a Close
At the close of our first annual lenarion Easter hunt, I'd like to thank all of those who participated in some way or another. It is extremely wonderful to see so much support for the species and to have so many people searching and adopting! Thank you all so much for your willingness to do the hunt and I hope that the community can continue to grow and stay active! Feel free to keep giving feedback on what we're doing here, I'd love to know what you liked or didn't like about the event and what should be changed in the future.
Also, a special thanks to Cion Keiasta for her help with designing the easter lenarions, the event couldn't have happened without her help! She made 6 of the Easter releases and took a lot of the pressure off of me so that I could focus more on school and my husband. I'd also like to thank Destiny for her continued support and willingness to help out and keep the thread running in my absence. Your help is always appreciated and I'm forever grateful for all you do.
Thanks everyone, I hope you'll all stick around!

3/19/14 Upcoming Events, special release lineart and Thanks!
I'm definitely loving the increase in applications! Thanks for the support everyone <3 There's about a little over a week left for this set, I don't think there are any apps for #2 yet, so if you're considering applying for him, make sure to get your form in! Also, I've got a pretty fancy lineart in the works that is much more anatomically correct. Not to worry, it will not be used as the official lineart since many seem to like the one we're currently using. However, I will likely release some special lenarions on it in the future(you know, after the wedding once I have time to actually think again haha).
Anyway, I've also got the Easter event in the works. That will likely begin the second week of April and I'll try to do different kinds of activities such as a lenarion Easter hunt and maybe an egg decorating contest on the oekaki or otherwise(to win a custom or something of the like, possibly in the special lineart if preferred, haven't decided yet). So keep an eye out! There should be fun times ahead!

2/15/14 Such lack of interest. Very inactive. Wow.
I'm almost considering closing this species and making them private due to the complete lack of interest we've had lately. This means I'd be willing to give close friends the lineart to make lenarions for themselves and each other, but they would no longer be available to the general public.
This decision is not final yet, but I just hate to keep making new lenarions and then have them keep going without homes. I'm extremely busy with school and wedding planning and it feels like I'm just wasting my time. I don't think we have a single complete application this round despite having extremely simple contests and leaving them open to applications for two weeks.
If this does close to the public, those who have lenarions are welcome to contact me at any time for breedings. Staff members and my friends can contact me for customs and the lineart file if they'd like. I would make this an open species, but to be honest lenarions are extremely special to me and I don't want to be throwing them around willy-nilly and risk the possibility of someone stealing them. Anyway, please feel free to offer your opinions forward. I've opened an ask.fm if you'd prefer to contact me anonymously(I think that's an option there? If not you can for sure send me an anonymous message on tumblr) and you're also welcome to post here on the thread or PM me about it.
Again, the decision is not final yet, but I can't keep wasting my time if people are so disinterested.

12/22/13 Christmas!
Hey guys, I'm back! First order of business is to put up a Christmas set of lenarions! They'll be judged quick, so get in fast if you want one! All of the contests will be super easy and end Christmas eve! Second, customs are opening as well! You'll have 24 hours to post a form for those before they close again. And last, in January I'll be opening breeding for the first time! So keep an eye out for that!

11/29/13 Hiatus
So, you may have noticed the little countdown thing in my signature regarding someone named Jason. Well, he gets home on the 3rd of December at which point I'll be going on a short hiatus. During this time Cion and Des will have control of the adoptions, so new sets will still be released while I am away. I will pop on to judge the set I just released and to adopt during the CS advent calendar, so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me and I will try to respond during the time when I'm online. Until I return, all releases and judging will be done by Cion and Des.

11/11/13 Please Welcome our New Archivist!
Hey guys, I've now promoted .:Foxxy:. as our official archivist! Please give her a warm welcome!

11/9/13 Stuff is Happening
Good morning! A few things are happening over the next little while. The first change you may have noticed is that the archives have moved to a separate thread! If there is someone who wants to be the official archivist, please shoot me a PM about it! Also, now there's three empty posts here that are under construction. New fun stuff will be available as soon as I can get it all set up, so keep an eye out!

11/8/13 Hi Friends!
There is now a lenarion fanclub, created by Destiny! Check it out to discuss the species and other related things with fellow lenarion lovers!
Also, I have put up a poll in order to see what people would like in future sets as well as other possibilities to help draw in those who might be a bit hesitant to join the community. To all those who have recently gotten lenarions of their own, welcome! And to those who are still trying or are just waiting for the perfect lenarion for them, welcome to you as well! I hope you find what you're looking for! Please feel free to PM me at any time with suggestions and color palettes that you would like to see!

11/2/13 Promotions and Other Staff-Stuff
Oh, btw, I just promoted Destiny and Cion Keiasta(jessicahongphan) to the position of moderators. They've been loyal followers of lenarions since V.1 and I feel they know and love the species just as much as I do. I've always appreciated their input and their support, so I think it's only proper that they be able to step up into staff positions. Congratulations guys!

Now, for the artist positions. I'm going to run them differently. I will invite people to release a couple of guest sets, if I feel they did well and if their designs/edits/etc are well-liked, they may be promoted to the position of official artist should they accept the invitation.

The archivist just needs to be active and keep up with everything for me. I'll likely take a volunteer for that position and they will be given one or two of the posts on the front page to work with. I will be updating the archives from V.1-V.2 before I get the guest artist set up, that way all of the lenarions, past and future will be archived.

10/27/13 Grand Re-Opening!
The first three V.3 Lenarions are put up for adoption! I'm also offering revamps of V.1 lenarions and considering opening revamps to those of V.2 as well in the future. Please PM me about V.1 lenarion revamps and make sure you have their images(or at least their names/descriptions so I can search the old thread for them) handy(because I don't have any of the old ones on my computer anymore). This first set of V.3 lenarions are pretty well all personal choice applications and will last for 1 week. The applications don't have to be anything super elaborate since the required 2 extras are up to you so you can choose things you are comfortable with whether that be art, writing, or something completely different! I hope you all like the new lineart!

10/26/13 A New Dawn Approaches
Lenarions have moved back off the oekaki and will be taking up their new home here! With an all new thread also comes a complete staff reset due to the change in how the lineart will be handled. The actual lineart itself is currently a work in progress, but I think you'll approve once you see it! Revamps will soon be available for the oldest of the old lenarions and possibly for those from V.2, although that is not for certain yet. Thank you all for your patience and please feel free to sniff your way around the thread(but watch out for stray lenarions, they're known to bite).
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keep Out: Lenarion Adoptions [WIP, no posting]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:22 am

General Disposition
Please note that the majority of this information applies to wild lenarions rather than the domesticated breed we have at the centre

Wild adult lenarions in general are extremely vicious, though they are known to shy away from most human contact. They will bite if provoked and wild adults should never be approached for any reason. When raised with human contact, it is possible to tame and handle a lenarion. They are still known to lash out on occasion even when hand-raised, however, and should only be cared for by experienced and mature handlers. Baby lenarions tend to sleep a lot and are known to be extremely curious toward humans. Not nearly as dangerous as adults, baby lenarions will approach a human if they fall asleep close to where a baby is hidden. These young lenarions can be captured and tamed if the proper equipment is used, though capturing the young in the wild can be extremely dangerous if their mother returns during capture.
Despite their ferocious disposition, lenarions can and do experience a wide range of emotions and those that are raised properly will generally form a strong bond with their human handlers.

Size and weight

Adult female lenarions generally range anywhere between 3-5 feet long from beak to tail-tip and weigh between 110-170 lbs. Adult male lenarions are slightly larger and usually range between 6-8 feet long and weigh between 190-220 lbs.
A newly hatched joey is only about 6 inches long and only weighs about 1-2 pounds. A lenarion egg is usually around the same length and weight as the joey that hatches from it.

Communication

Lenarions generally communicate with a mixture of sharp barking (similar to that of a cheetah) and clicking noises. Young lenarions occasionally make a higher pitched chirping sound when in distress, generally to alert their mother or father that they are in danger.

Life Span

Lenarions are considered an adult at the age of four years. The prime breeding age is between five years and twenty years. Since female lenarions can only raise one clutch of eggs at a time, they need this wide age range in order to continue the species. If a female lays her first clutch at four years of age, she’ll be able to have as many as five healthy litters. After twenty years, many females become infertile or their eggs are laid with soft shells that bear weak and unhealthy joeys.
A male lenarion generally lives approximately twenty-five to thirty years old in the wild due to their tendency to squabble with each other over the females. Many males get seriously injured in these squabbles and die from infection or the inability to hunt.
Females in the wild can and usually do live longer than males, generally reaching the age of thirty to thirty-five. At this age they generally begin to slow down significantly and cannot hunt alone as effectively, putting them at risk for starvation and eventually death.
Captive lenarions as a whole usually live longer than wild lenarions, making it to the ripe old age of fourty to fourty-five.

Feeding and Hunting habits

Lenarions are carnivorous and therefore only eat raw meat. Their diet generally consists of a mixture of small to medium sized herbivores and omnivores within their habitat. For this reason, the can be a nuisance to farmers nearby lenarion territories as they are known to prey on sheep, goats, young cattle, and even chickens. Luckily, most of the time lenarions are solo hunters and can be relocated or destroyed should they cause too much damage.

A lenarion hunt is generally fast-paced and violent. Since they cannot stalk their prey the way most predators would, they have to be agile and light on their feet when they hunt. Usually they track the herds from a distance, watching and waiting until they find an ideal moment to strike. Once they’ve picked out their prey, they take off at an astonishing speed, leaping forward at up to 75MPH and clearing distances of up to 30-40 feet per bound. Unlike cheetahs that cannot maintain their top speed for long, a lenarion generally maintains their speed for approximately two minutes, giving them ample time to approach and overtake their prey. Upon catching up, the lenarion will attempt to trip their prey, generally by moving close beside them and lashing at their legs with its thick tail. Once the prey stumbles, the lenarion goes in for the kill.

Mating and Young Rearing

A lenarion is considered a mature adult at the age of four years old. By this time they have become large and efficient enough hunters and no longer need any help from their mother to care for themselves. At this age, the mother usually chases them from her territory, forcing them to fend for themselves. This is also the age where males generally set off in search of a mate while the females search for a safe territory in which to raise their own young.

In general, males are willing to travel in pairs or groups of three. This allows them a higher rate of survival if they’re not the best hunters while also allowing them to move about their habitat freely in search of a lone female. Males are known to fight viciously once a mature female is discovered, the one that wins takes the female as his mate should she accept him.

Much like a platypus, lenarions lay eggs. Once the female has laid the eggs and incubation begins, the male stands by to watch over her. He still only hunts for himself, however, so the pair will take turns incubating the eggs in order to fulfill their own needs.
Incubation lasts approximately ninety days. At the end of this period, the joeys hatch using their pincers to pierce the shell and break free. At this time, they will immediately need to be cleaned and fed. This duty, of course, belongs solely to the new mother. For the first month of their lives, the joeys will need to be fed every half hour so their mother will be unable to leave the nest. The father will, at this point, spend the majority of his time hunting in order to feed his mate and himself.

At the age of two months old, the joeys can go a few hours between feeding so the parents will resume hunting for themselves while switching off watching over their joeys. By the age of four months old, the joeys will begin eating small chunks of regurgitated meat. The heavier food causes them to sleep for long periods of time while digesting, allowing both parents to leave the nest and tend to their own needs. When they are six months old, the joeys are finally large and energetic enough to leave the nest for the first time. Both parents stay close by to keep watch over their young as the joeys are known to take off and explore, often putting themselves in danger due to their intense curiosity of everything around them. This is a dangerous time for the joeys since they are still very young and vulnerable making them easy targets for predators.

For the next several months, they play with their siblings outside, strengthening their hind legs and instinctively practicing their hunting skills by chasing and tripping one another.

When they are a year old, the father will generally begin to grow slightly distant toward his offspring and their mother, beginning to disappear for longer periods of time as he begins to search for other adult males passing through the territory. When he finds one or two others, he will leave his offspring and mate behind so he can begin the process over again and pass on his genes elsewhere.

At this time, the female will begin taking her joeys with her to observe her as she hunts. It does not take long for them to begin stalking rabbits and other small prey, hopping furiously after the small animals with their small clawed fingers reaching and pincers clicking in excitement.

As the young lenarions continue to grow, they eventually begin picking their own prey out of the herds and attempt to take it down on their own. Many times for the first couple of years they will find themselves too small or weak to take down the larger prey. It’s not until they’re three years and six months old that they will have gained enough muscle mass and overall size to bring down prey large enough to fill their stomachs. After another six months of hunting with their mother, the males will generally leave on their own while the mother usually has to chase the females out of the territory herself. The mother will then go through a recuperation period of two months before she will be able to mate again.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding [Closed]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 am

*Baby lineart^*

Breeding Rules:

1. For our breeding purposes, domestic lenarions mate for life
    2. Domestic lenarion pairs will bear 1-2 young per hatch and may breed once per month
    3. Each pair may breed a total of 4 times
    4. For realistic purposes, I will only breed maleXfemale pairs
    5. Do not post a breeding application unless breeding is open
    6. Pairs must be together for 3 weeks before they can be bred
    7. You must have owned your lenarion for 1 month before you are allowed to breed it
    8. Babies DO count toward your 6 lenarion limit
    9. Parents pick first, remaining joeys will be put up for adoption
    10. Breeding will open only when I post saying as much and will be first-come first-served.
    11. Only the owners of the parents may post the application form and they must provide proof of permission from the other person before breeding can be completed.

Application Form:

Username:
Mother: Please link
Mother owner:
Father: Please link
Father owner:
Permission to breed?:

Slots:

1. -closed-
2. -closed-
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs [UPDATED INFORMATION]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 am

Custom Rules:

1. Customs will be offered based on Metta's discretion. They will no longer be opening on a constant basis and instead will be offered as gifts and prizes during events only.
    2. Customs may not have special features(ex. Hair, wings, etc) unless edits are cleared in advance with Metta
    3. You may have a total of 1 custom unless you are staff or Metta says otherwise in contest rules
    4. Accessories are allowed, but they may not be things to try and get around the special features rule(ex. Wigs)
    5. Do not ask for a custom. Asking is not necessary, I will offer them to those who I feel are active and friendly members of the community
    6. There will be a limit of 5 colors for the color palette(accessories and eyes may be colors outside that palette though)
    7. Do not attempt to draw the design on a lenarion, this is considered creating illegal lenarions and is not allowed
    8. Please provide as detailed of a description as possible. References are allowed as long as you're not committing art theft by using other peoples' art as a reference
    9. One other thing, no asking me to color your other characters into lenarion lines. These guys are a separate species and will be kept as such

Custom Form:

[b]I've been offered a custom[/b]
Username:
Name:
Design: (Be as detailed as possible please)
Accessories?:
Other?:
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gift Lines

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 am

Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

To be Readopted[Storage]

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 am

V.1 Lenarions that I have received permission to readopt:

yuukon
Mecka|Female Revamp

V.2 Lenarions without a home:
None *u*

v.3 Lenarions
XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates and other links

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:40 am

Advertise with us!
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2032483][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/1ftqvl.jpg[/img][/url]

Made by GraphicColor
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2032483][img]http://oi60.tinypic.com/29lztef.jpg[/img][/url]

Affiliates:
ImageImageImageImage
➶ ᕮʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ᐯᴜʟᴘɪɢʀᴇᴍ ᗩᴅᴏᴘᴛs ➴ImageImage
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me