The plight of Aiirou

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The plight of Aiirou

Postby -Obsidian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 am

Swift watched from the edge of the cliff, as the ledges and cliffs tumbled away beneath her. Every since the humans had discovered the Island of Aiirou, it had brought nothing but danger and conflict to the mountain dragons. She gritted her teeth as the humans drilled away at the mountain-side, and sped up and down in big, yellow, noisy, quad things. Swift glanced up at the um-mistakable noise of chopping. One of the human's metal flying beasts with wings that whirled in blured circles was skimming the summits not far above. Swift snorted and backed up to the mountain side, rearing up on her hind legs to make her thinner. Her silvery scales sparked a little in the sun, but a part from that she was almost invisable against the rock. The metal beast flew by her, unaware of the young mountain dragon. With a sigh of relief, Swift dropped back down on to all-fours and stepped again to the edge of the cliff. Instead of watching the humans though this time, she was looking for the next ledge close-by. The sun was getting too high in the sky and soon about four times the number of humans already awake would appear. It was too dangerouse to stick around much longer, espically for a dragon like Swift: a young warrior apprentice with almost no clue on how to fight. She was lucky to be able to leave the Great Cave for even a few minutes, on the condition she kept watchful of her surroundings! Swift fluttered as sutely as possible over to the near-by ledge, just jutting out of the mountain she was on. As she landed with a gentle snort, she startled as a siren went off. "Oh no..." she muttered. That siren meant the humans had spotted one of the dragons. Swift looked around her. The humans had their back's turned to her ledge, but instead were open-fire at a large shadow. Swift gasped as she realised it was her dad, Biroe. He was King of the dragons along with being Swifts father. The horror un-folded as the metal beasts circled Biiroe as he sliced through the air from side-to-side, dodging fire from both below and above. His huge black wings were taking a shredding, and with a startle, Swift relised her dad was beggining to sink, his wings not able to keep the air supportive of him. "DAD!!" Swift screeched as he dropped finally. Her eye's flashed as Biroe hit the ground, making the rocks tremble. Several of the humans turned to face her. "Opps," She muttered, tears in her eyes. Swift leapted into flight, her wings unfolding as more guns were turned to aim at her. Swift didn't remeber much after that - just a deafening noise, aweful pains in her wings and slowly falling...

"Swift? Swift! Wake-up Swift!" She slowly opened her eyes. the images slowly cleared and Swift found herself in-side the Great Cave in the Healer, Hawk's nest. "Do you remember anything, Swift?" Hawk asked as she lifted her head a little. "Remember what?" Swift asked, confused and dizzy. Hawk sighed. "You were out two days ago, in the morning. King Biroe....we lost him when he tried to find you. You almost made it home, but you crashed into something in what we presumed was a serve panic - you kinda' lost your self a bit in sheer fear. Any way, Roxy found you in the evening, and she managed to carry you home," Swift struggled to her legs. "Woah, careful, sit down," Hawk eased. Swift sat on her bed of pebbles. "Dad was looking for me?" Hawk nodded. "He was worried you'd been out too long, and he flew too close to the humans," Hawk murmered, bowing his head. "It's, it's my fault he's dead?!" Swift gasped. She felt the guilt beggining to ooze through her stomache. "Umm, well...." Hawk trailed off. "The scouts claim that he's alive, in some sort of metal box. Apparently the humans are, you know...." Swift narrowed her eyes, "The humans are what?" she asked coldly, feeling angry with herself. "Like, torturing him in their human ways," Hawk sniffed. "You should get some sleep. Do you want to stay in my den or find yout way back to the apprentices'?" He asked kindly, his green eyes twinkling in a funny kind of way.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-Obsidian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me