[I Promise] | [Oddclan, Wolfclan] | [DNP]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[I Promise] | [Oddclan, Wolfclan] | [DNP]

Postby Yuroshi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:15 pm

Moon/Shadow/Night/Dusk wrote:I don't care how far apart we are, or what our families said about it. You're my best friend.... I would walk to the ends of the earth for you, swim across the ocean, climb the tallest tree. I'd... I'd do anything for you. I won't lose you. No matter where you are, I'll find you. We'll never lose each other again... I promise.

For the friendship of these two cats, things started out as you might imagine... two queens, very close friends, gave birth. It was only natural that ____ and ______ would become close- they were together for the entire first 4 moons of their lives, and they were inseparable. ___ was the sister that ____ always wanted, and ____ loved her "brother" more than anything.
Of course, like any good thing, this wasn't destined to last... not that the kittens had any idea of this. So naive, so pure, neither of them noticed when their mother's friendship turned into loathing. Loathing spurned on by a blood fued, from a battle between the kittens' fathers- a battle which neither tom survived.
Yet ____ and _____ were oblivious to even this, their friendship one that certainly surpassed any difficulties brought on by their families.

Or so they thought.

A particularly hard winter passed through the area they lived in, and ____'s mother couldn't pull through... so, of course, he did exactly what he thought would be the best choice- he went to live with his best friend, his sister in all but blood.
Needless to say, _______'s mother was most certainly not happy about this, though she wouldn't say it, as she didn't want to break her daughter's heart- maybe even losing her in the process. So, oblivious to the hatred within ______'s mother's heart, the kits happily were together.
But even this couldn't last. As the love between the kits grew, so did the resentment in their mother's heart. Finally, she simply couldn't take it anymore. She had enough. She was going to get rid of the little tomcat, who so reminded her of the reason she had lost her mate, no matter how hard it might be. With a jet black heart, and a smile that did not reach her eyes, the ice-cold queen told the kittens that it was time for them to go on an adventure.
And so they went.
Relentlessly, they trekked. When _________'s paws would hurt, her mother would carry her, but ______ never dared to ask- not that he guessed the queen's true intentions... he simply felt that he should pull his own weight. He didn't seem to notice that the queen would speed up every time she held her own kit, too exhausted to even complain. When they were lucky enough to catch prey, ______ would always bring it over to her friend _______ to share, never noticing her mother's look of hatred. Both kittens, after their near moon of travel, had realized that something was wrong with the queen... but neither had a clue what.
And frankly, as long as they had each other, they knew that somehow, someway, everything would be okay.

Soon after the kittens' fifth moon... it had gone on long enough. The heartbroken queen seemed to have gotten rid of anything she had left that might resemble compassion for the darker kit with whom she traveled. Her hatred was overpowering; it consumed her. So, after a long day of travel, on the night of the new moon... she snapped.
Gone was any shred of the caring she-cat she used to be, not even her mask remained. As _______ and ______ began to curl up around each other, as they had every night since their eyes had opened, the furious queen let loose a bloodcurdling yowl, lunging towards the kittens and smacking _______ away, teeth bared and claws extended.
______ wasted no time in running, and the queen wasted no time in giving chase- oh, it was no longer enough for her to simply chase off the kit, she was determined to make him pay- that it wasn't actually him that killed her mate was of no consequence to the broken queen.
_________ chased after them, screeching at her mother to stop, doing everything she could, even screaming a gut-wrenching cry, full of loss and guilt that no kit should ever know. But.. she hadn't been prepared for the horror that was taking place. She was too far behind the other cats when she began to chase them, and in no time found herself terribly, hopelessly lost. She knew that her mother, even if she returned, couldn't be her family anymore. Trembling from the night's fright, exhausted from her panicked flight, _______ collapsed in front of a pass through mountains. She just manages to cry once more, at the top of her lungs, for her best friend, immediately falling into a deep, dreamless sleep.
_______ continued to run, his mind only able to think of two things. The first, survival. And the second? _________. He sprinted, trying his best not to fall. He couldn't make a mistake here.... if he did, it would be his last. Barely visible in the night, he saw two things that he believed might spell out his salvation, and turned his attention towards reaching them. ________ crossed a thin branch acting as a bridge across what normally would've been a stream, but was then a raging river- he did not stop, even as he heard the branch snap and a splash behind him, leaving only his own panicked breathing where there used to be a furious growl. His legs were shaking, threatening to give out on him, as he raced through a passage between two towering mountains. He reached the end, bursting out into a densely forested area, and managed to wail only once before his legs gave out, and he fell immediately into an exhausted slumber. _________'s cry to his best friend, the most important cat in his life, rang out at the exact same time as _________'s call, but neither kit could hear the other...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Two large young toms, one grey, one red, heard a the cry of a kit, and immediately tore off in the direction it came from. Wolfstar, the grey, found the tiny golden she-cat just as Barkstar, the red, reached the sleeping silver tom-cat. The kind-hearted cats gently picked up their precious charges, and headed back towards their camps, oblivious to the fact that the other was just on the other side of the pass.
Last edited by Yuroshi on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [I Promise] | [Oddclan, Wolfclan] | [DNP]

Postby NightWolf950 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Mark.

Loving the story idea thus far!