Rise |#0785 Tryout | Eclipseshadow

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Rise |#0785 Tryout | Eclipseshadow

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:38 pm

^ Back to #0785! ^

*Post 1 - You're here! This is the introduction c:*
*Post 2 - This is the beginning of the story!*
*Post 3- Here is where he meets a cat that tells him about Wishclan...*
*Post 4 - Here is where he visits Wishclan*
*Post 5 - And Here is where he decides to join....*
*Post 6- And finally - here is the end of the story!*

*link to clan: Wishclan

Hello there, my name is Eclipseshadow. Well, originally it was just Eclipse- but that was before I joined Wishclan.
Let me tell you my story.
Last edited by Mythz on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

x
      feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      toyhouse | da | Mythz#9104

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise |#492 Tryout | Frostwing

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:03 pm

I remember I used to spend a lot of my time starring at the stars, wondering what they were and how they got there. Its a curious thing, to want to understand something and never thinking you'll ever figure out how.
When I was a kitten I was very curious - always wandering off and getting lost. In fact, my mother used to quote something her mother used to tell her when she was too curious.
'Curiosity can be a risk you sometimes don't want to take. As they say, curiosity killed the cat.'
I didn't get why curiosity was bad - when you're curious you find many things to do. When I'm exploring I'm happy.
I always thought about what could've possible killed the cat that got too curious - dogs? Other cats perhaps? And what if the cat was so satisfied with what they found, that that satisfaction brought them back?
Is that possible?
I always wandered what was in the forest behind my Twoleg home - although I never ventured far into it.

Anyway, I'm getting offtrack. I'm supposed to tell you how I found Wishclan.

Padding through along on the hard, dark surface that Twolegs often walked their Dogs along, I let out a bored sigh. It was a very hot day and I had been hoping to discover something new and interesting - but after living here for moons and moons there isn't much more to explore.
Unless I want to go into the forest.
The barking of a vicious dog snapped me out of my thoughts, and, turning around - I spotted a large, black-and-tan dog running towards me - spittle flying as it's deep barks were torn from it's thick throat.
I ran.
I couldn't head home - it was in the direction the dog was coming from. So I ran for a friends home - a cat named Speckles who had a white pelt with black splodges. The sound of the dogs ragged breathing and heavy footfalls were all I could hear as I sped down the street, heading for the sky-blue house at the end of the street. I was so close when suddenly, the dog lept and caught me under it's paws. Yowling in fright and defiance, I scraped the dogs muzzle before ripping free of it's grasp and sending my energy to my sore paws.
A voice called from above, "Over here!"
Looking up, I could see a small cat with strangely short legs and a dappled grey pelt. He was furiously waving with his tail beside him. I jumped, barely managing to keep my balance when I landed on top of the fence - out of the dogs reach.
Chest heaving, I followed the strange-looking Tom as he flicked his tail invitingly and jumped off the fence onto the opposite side to the barking dog.
Before I went any further, I paused.
"Who are you?"

x

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm

The Tom smiled. "No 'thank you for saving my life' or 'You're my hero!'?"
I shook my head, embarassed. "You're right - I'm sorry, that was rude. Thank you. My name is Frost."
The Tom waved away her apology. "I'm Droplet, pleased to meet you Frost."
I nodded, content. "Do you live here?" I asked, nodding to the cream Twoleg house. Droplet shook his head.
"I live in the forest, near Wishclan."
Confused, I asked. "Who's Wishclan?" He let out a mrrow of laughter and I glared at him.
"Wishclan is a group of wild cats who live in the forest. They live off prey - not the weird pellets you eat - and help each other with tasks like hunting and training to fight."
I cocked my head. "They sound interesting. Are they kind?"
Droplet nodded vigorously. "Very kind. They give me some prey every now and then, but I prefer to live life by myself." His last statment had answered her next question.
"Well.... What do they do all day long? Wouldn't it get.... boring?" He laughed.
"No, it never gets boring! They spend their days hunting and marking their boarders - other clans live around them -, playing in the river, telling stories, you know."
No, actually. I didn't know - thats why I was asking him!
I huffed impatiently. "Well, how far away do they live?"
He cocked his head, glancing out at the forest behind them before turning his green gaze back on her.
"Not too far, only half-a-days walk. I'll take you to them if you would like."
My eyes widened in surprise - going to visit a clan full of strange cats with a strange cat?
Hmm... Maybe it would be interesting.
"Okay." I said, before I could change my mind. He smiled.
"Lets head off then!"

We had been walking for so long I could no longer feel my feet. My paws ached and my muscles strained with every step, screaming a protest for me to stop.
"How much farther?" She couldn't believe that Droplet - on his teeny little legs - wasn't tired yet.
He waved his tail. "Not much."
He'd been saying that since the first time she'd asked - which was ages ago.
They had been trekking over the ground from sunhigh, and the sun was almost getting ready for bed now.
I hope my Twolegs won't miss me....

Droplet stopped abruptly and I almost bumped into his rump, stopping myself just in time.
"What is it?" I asked, but he waved away my question with his tail.
Sighing silently, I sat down and licked my sore paw pads, but rustling in the bushes made me straighten.
Two large Toms had appeard - both grey, although one with a tabby pelt and long fur while the other had short, grey-and-white fur.
"Bluestorm, Alfie, meet Frost."

x

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:02 pm

(Sorry for the change from first-person to third peson 0.0)

The long-haired tom nodded. "Nice to see you again Droplet - and nice to meet you Frost. I'm Bluestorm."
Which meant the grey and white tom was Alfie.
"Hello! Droplet here told me about Wishclan... -" She hesitated before continuing. "- I was curious as to... well... everything." She pawed the ground nervously but they both just smiled and nodded, guesturing her to follow them.
"Thanks Droplet, we'll take her from here." Alfie said, and Droplet nodded before turning around and disapearing into the forest.
"This is near the edge of our territory, " Bluestorm explained. "We don't have many cats with us at the moment, only Alfie, myself, our leader and two others." He had a kind voice with gentle eyes and she felt strangely comforted being with the two toms.

They walked for awhile, the other cats explaining about Clan life and how beautiful it was. They made it to a clearing where a small hill laden with rocky dens sat and Bluestorm ran ahead into a large den that sat at the back of the small clearing. Alfie stopped and sat down and Frost copied.
Bluestorm came out of the den again, followed by a short-haired tortoiseshell.
"Hello there Frost, I am Gentlestar - leader of Wishclan. Pleasure to meet with you."
After introducing the two other cats who had appeared - a lithe black she-cat and a snobby, red-shaded young cat who claimed to be Ebonyfang and Wasppaw - she was invited to eat some fresh-kill and join Ebonyfang in her den for the night.
While Frost didn't feel like spending the night in the same den as the rude she-cat, she nodded happily and collected supplies for a new bed. She settled in for the night and dozed off to a full belly and the quiet snores of Ebonyfang.

x

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Padding through the forest back towards camp, I held a thrush proudly in my jaws. I had been with the clan for about a week, learning their ways and hunting out in the forest. I had already thanked Starclan for the prey, and I was holding back from dropping it and devouring it in a few, quick bites.
I padded into camp and Alfie looked up, nodding approvingly at the prey I had caught.
I'd already brought back three mice and a shrew, this had been all I'd managed to catch however. After placing the dead thrush on the Fresh-kill pile, I sat beside Alfie and started grooming my gritty pelt.
He was already grooming his own pelt and once he finished, he helped with cleaing mine.
After that, we lay in content silence, watching the sun droop down the sky.
"Alfie?" I asked, my voice hesitant. He turned his green gaze on me and I paused.
"Do you think I could join Wishclan?"
The excitment in his eyes and voice was obvious as he exclaimed excitedly. "Really? Of course! Let me go tell Gentlestar!" He wizzed off before I could say anything else and I paused, surprised but glad Alfie had been the one I'd decided to confront.

After what seemed like hours of Alfie, Bluestorm and Gentlestar talking they finally emerged from the den and Gentlestar jumped up to stand on top of it.

"Let us gather below HighDen for a clan meeting!"
Excitment buzzed beneath my pelt and I followed Alfie, Bluestorm, Ebonyfang and Wasppaw to sit beneath the HighDen.

"I, Gentlestar, leader of Wishclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this cat. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn." Gentlestar paused.
"Frost, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

I gulped, "I do."

She nodded. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Frost, from this moment on you will be known as Frostwing. StarClan honors your kindness, willingness to learn and your bravery, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Wishclan."

x

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Now, I know my story probably wasn't exciting or as full of adventures as you probably expected. But those stories are for my future, not my past. I know in the years and moons to come, my life will be full of the most exciting and amazing things I ever could have imagined. Hopefully my life will be full of love, loyalty and kits. Deffinitally kits!
I can't say I don't fancy Alfie, and he has some kind of feelings for me, but who knows where life will take me.

The road of life twists and turns, and no two directions are the same. Yet, our lessons come from the journey and not the destination.

I can certainly say, that that morning when I was padding down the street I never would've though my life would be here in the middle of the forest, surrounded by cats I'm only starting to know.
But I wouldn't change it for the world.

x

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery