wip story

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

wip story

Postby gay.exe » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I’ve heard that humans used to be able to speak. It’s an odd thought; sound simply came out of our mouths as we moved our lips up and down, and we translated those sounds into words we all universally understood in the end. However, somehow, sometime, we all just stopped speaking. No more sound, or lip movement, or translating. No more languages or laughs or screams.

Now the Earth is slowly dying because of all the paper we use, throw out, and create each day. We’re running out of trees, out of oxygen. But paper, writing, is the only way we can communicate; and communication is a vital part of our daily lives.

Technology is sacred; ever since the small band of people corrupted nearly every device the world owned, it’s been scarce. The government keeps the technology to themself; they don’t trust the public with anything like it.

Humans have found other ways to entertain themselves; sadly, most of it uses paper. The paper problem is serious; yet we speak, we rally, we protest, and then we continue to use it constantly. The world is in danger, and even the smallest of children know it.

We’re running out of oxygen; the richest of us store oxygen tanks in their houses, but the less fortunate are not as lucky. The mass production of paper means mass deforestation, as well. Of course, less trees means less oxygen.

And less oxygen means less humans.

Not to mention, many species are going extinct, at least two a year. We’re cutting down their homes and killing them. Less animals means less food. Less food means less humans.

I’m sure, years and years ago, mankind didn’t expect the loss of the ability to speak would be as destructive as it is. They never would have expected to lose more than 80 percent of the world’s forests.

Then again, I’m sure mankind back then did not expect our ability to speak to be so suddenly stripped from us. It is a phenomenon that scientists still can’t quite explain to this day.

The only ways to save planet Earth from further destruction are few. We could move to another planet, (but with the lack of technology I do not see how we could do so,) get our speech back (which I believe is impossible but clearly the impossible got us into this mess,) or somehow create fake paper and pencils and other wood products that still work perfectly.

This is a project scientists have been working on for decades, and no luck yet; most of them catch on fire immediately after being created or some other odd disaster. It’s almost as if some being from another world is trying to destroy our chance of surviving.

I spend most of my time researching the past with books; another example of something I shouldn’t be doing because of the large amounts of paper that goes into it. However, I simply am addicted to reading up on the past. It fascinates me and makes me want to learn more.

The human race was once so complex; I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that we made sounds into discernable words.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
wow hey there im gay and i like tea
i also like cats and blankets and warm showers
did i mention i like tea
how do people pick a favorite color
im vvvv chill so dont be afraid to confront me
i love photography and nature and also cats
please hmu if you need anything or just wanna chat
i love to gift so dont be surprised if you get gifted by me
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

eh whatever pronouns i dont really care