Valley Kaggon - The Tribe of Sacred Poppies

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Valley Kaggon - The Tribe of Sacred Poppies

Postby Tangent. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:37 am

╔═════════════════════════╗
Current High Ranks
Founder: Papaver
Leaders: Papaver
Medics: xxxxx

Tribe Art/Writings

╚═════════════════════════╝
╔═════════════════════════╗
Tribe Navigation
Leveling Stones
Ranks
Rituals
Members
Memorials

╚═════════════════════════╝

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

x
x
x
x

Exhausted from clambering down the steep incline that surrounds the secluded valley, the forest now seems much more daunting that it had done at the top. The canopy sheltered you from the majority of the sun, providing relief after the harsh exposure on the barren rocks. Despite this, your wide eyes examine the surrounding area and to your right a babbling brook could be heard gurgling away. The cooling waters causing your mother to suddenly become dry in anticipation of a drink. Bounding in its direction, your footsteps echo carelessly through the forest. It was sure to attract someones attention, however, only the chatter of birds sang in your ears.

Quenching your thirst, your ears perked up to rustling only for it to the wind through the branches of the trees above you. Sighing gently, this land is far more desolate than expected, despite this, you decide to follow the brook towards the center of the valley. Pushing through some thick brush, a sea of red poppies waving in the wind welcome you. Gasping slightly, never have your eyes witnessed such beauty. Taking a few tentative steps forward the the silence was abruptly shattered by the sound of a throat clearing. Jumping round your eyes make contact with a mouse with startlingly red eyes, much like those of the poppies behind you. "Who are you? How did you find this place?" The series of questions and rough tone caught you off guard and your voice faltered and cracked whilst trying to come up with a response. "Fox got your tongue eh?" The strange mouse muttered, "I'm Papaver, leader and founder of the Sacred Poppies Tribe." She explained, her voice softening, "You look exhausted, come I'll give you a quick tour and you may decide whether to stay or keep on with you're travelling." Giving Papaver a swift nod you began to follow her into the poppies. "Harvest season is approaching us quickly so an extra set of paws would be greatly appreciated." Chuckling slightly, Papaver leads you in the direction of the village.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by Tangent. on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tangent.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley Kaggon - The Tribe Level

Postby Tangent. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:19 am

"The Tribe Level Stones"

Papaver stops close to the edge of sea of poppies, her nose twitching tentatively. Moving forward once again she introduces you to the level stones. "These show the level of our tribe and the health of our tribe." Pointing a few small stones, "As you can see our level is relatively low, however, as we grow and expand the elders will come and collect more stones and decorate them accordingly." Papaver breathed a light sigh, "Hopefully it wont be long until I am surrounded by mice." You nod slowly unsure what to say, however, the journey quickly continues despite the slight solemn feeling hanging in the air.

> Level 0 < [C]
        Create a thread for your tribe

> Level 1 < [NC]
        Max tribe members: 1
        Get your founder
        Create a personality for your founder

> Level 2 < [NC]
        Max mice: 5
        Max leaders: 1
        Describe your tribes environment/village in either art or writing
        Get a food gatherer
        Get a builder

> Level 3 < [NC]
        Max mice: 8
        Max leaders: 1
        Max healers: 1
        Draw a scene for one of your tribe members
        Describe how one of your tribe members found food
        Get a healer

> Level 4 < [NC]
        Max mice: 12
        Max leaders: 2
        Max healers: 1
        Describe something bad that happened to your mice, and how they
        Worked as a tribe to get through it. Maybe someone gets injured in the process,
        Write or draw a scene about how your healer helped them recover.
        Write personalities for 3 mice

> Level 5 < [NC]
        Max mice:18
        Max leaders: 3
        Max healers: 2
        Write or draw about how one of your young mice decided what they want to be/ how they want to serve their tribe
        Describe the near death experience of one of your tribe members in either writing or art.

> Level 6 < [NC]
        Max mice: 25
        Max leaders: 4
        Write or draw about any 3 scenes of your choice
        Write or draw draw a scene showing the relationship between two of your tribe members.
        Are they friends? Enemies? You decide!

> Level 7-13 < [NC]
        To gain a level from here onward you must either write or draw 3 scenes of your choice,
        Write a short personality for 3 tribe members,
        And draw a piece of art of any of your mice.
        You have a maximum of 32 mice.

> Level 14 < [NC]
        Write about the anointing of either a new mentor or a leader,
        And how they felt about their new role.
        Draw art of 3 of your mice.
        You have a maximum of 35 mice.
        To move up another level you must have completed these tasks as well as have written personalities for at least half of your mice.
Tangent.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley Kaggon - The Tribe of Sacred Poppies

Postby Tangent. » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:52 am

"Tribe Ranks"

Following Papaver, she begins speaking again. "So this tribe runs on a ranking system, there is no way to differentiate by look, however, a lot of the ranks rely on build an strength." She gently at you, the poppies waving above your head in the sweet summer wind. Despite the shade form the red flowers, the beginning summer sun was already rather intense and your dark coat made it difficult. As if reading your mind, Papaver stops, "Don't worry young one, we'll be at the camp soon, we have a pool which collects water over time. Its cool and refreshing." The thought simply made your mouth water in anticipation, providing some relief to the dry sensation running riot in your mouth.

"So we have the Leaders, they are usually the oldest, smartest, wisest or the most experienced mice in the tribe. In total we can have up to four! However, since the leaders tend to be older mice, when one dies the remaining leaders choose someone to take their place."

A confused look crossed your face briefly, long enough for the founder to recognise it. "I know what you're thinking, I'm still a rather young mouse and how could I possibly lead a tribe." Lowering your gaze Papaver continued, "Well I founded this tribe, therefore I am the first leader and have every right to lead the tribe that I created and will help thrive." The annoyance was clear in her tone, however, as soon as the founder began to talk about the rest of the rank it seemingly dissipated.

"There's also Border Runners. These mice have one of the most important roles in the tribe. They are responsible for patrolling the border, warning of predators and intruding mice. These mice tend to have a much leaner build and excel in speed and agility."

"Watch mice are also equally as important. As well as speed and agility they also have incredibly strong hind quarters and some can jump as far as five tail lengths! They use these skills to climb trees and boulders to survey the area for danger."

"Food gatherers can be any size of build, however, they tend to have sharper teeth than most and an excellent sense of smell. They know just about every food source in the territory and can easily tell the difference between safe and dangerous foods. Without them, we would lose many a mouse to a mistaken poisonous berry. Stamina is also key since they often tend to work long hours to provide for the tribe."

Your eyes widened, the information being relayed was so much to take in. Papaver smiled gently before giving a light chuckle of reassurance. "I know its a lot to take in and learn but don't fret. It won't be much longer until we get back to the village." Nodding your head, Papaver continued to talk about the rest of the tribe ranks. The list seemed endless.

"Healers have learnt from their elders for generations, passing their knowledge down to their apprentices. They use natural medicine to cure just about every ailment, even if they don't taste that great. "

Papaver chuckled, your eyes wide. Tribes were certainly complex and there were so many ranks needed in order to make the tribe tick. Surely there couldn't be many more? The question rung in your mind for a while, Papaver had stopped talking and had a frown on her face. Giving her a brief smile, you knew that it was wrong to try and disrespect the founder but supposedly ignoring her words.

"As I was saying... we also have builders and mentors. Builders are strong mice and construct food storage, tunnels and create sleeping places for the tribe so that it can keep expanding. However, they also are in charge of maintenance. The mentors have a simple job, depending on their role they will have to teach the pup everything that they know to make sure that they are prepared to fully invest themselves into a role that hopefully they'll enjoy. Each pup spends a day in the shoes of each role and is then able to decide which one they would like to be. They can be just about anything, besides a leader of course. The other miscellaneous ranks include the pups and nursery does. Nursery does have pups under 20 days old and stay back to look after them. At 20 days the pups can begin their training."
Tangent.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me