[❁] Rise 300 | Finding the Light

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[❁] Rise 300 | Chapter Eight

Postby dimi. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 am

Poppy had entered the forest and began running through it, her nose instantly picking up on the scent of the fire. When she emerged from a set of bushes on a small ledge of clustered rocks, she found herself looking down at the source of the fire, where a chocolate sepia cat and a ginger cat lay. Poppy's eyes narrowed, her nose twitching. Her eyes then widened, instantly glistening as she took a long breath in, the familiar scent of Willowsong filling her nostrils; a scent she had missed for too long. The other scent, however, was one she had hoped to avoid; Rosemary.

Rosemary was a she-cat who tortured Willowsong for several moons during her training to become a fighter back in the rogue pack these three she-cats used to be in. After Willowsong opted not to be a fighter and told Poppy everything about what she had done, Rosemary had grown a hatred for both of them, one strong enough to cause Rosemary to ignite a fire to lure the two out here.

Poppy shook her head to dismiss these thoughts, and soon became enraged when she saw Rosemary press her paw against Willowsong's throat. Without letting out even a single cry or word of warning that she was present, she got a running start and jumpedoff the ledge of the rocks, the leaves rustling when she emerged from the bushes. She then soared forward, flying over Willowsong so she rammed her head against Rosemary's flank. The impact sent her sliding backwards, landing by the tree that had initially ignited; the fire much larger having had plenty of time to spread.

A cry escaped Rosemary as she found part of her pelt singed against the burning tree. She got up and leaped a tails length forward, looking at who had done such a thing. Before her stood Poppy, who was defensively standing over Willowsong, crouched down as Willowsong peered up at Poppy, her eyes occasionally glancing back at Rosemary from beneath Poppy's stomach.

"Poppy?" Willowsong whispered in amazement, her eyes wide. Her voice sounded strained with uncontrollable delight.

Poppy peered underneath her belly briefly, smiling softly. "I'm here for you." Not wanting to risk being ambushed, Poppy rose her head up, hissing at Rosemary.

Rosemary's laughter only intensified, her two targets now standing before her in plain view. "Well, I guess I won't have to track Poppy down now."

Poppy shook her head, looking at Rosemary. "Nope, you sure won't. What you will have to track, however, is your path out of here." A branch above Rosemary began to crackle and eventually fell, but she jumped out of the way, the fire shrinking once the branch made contact with the ground.

"You caused this, Poppy. You ruined everything I had." Rosemary said with a hiss. "I was living a pampered life, a luxurious life, one where I was respected in the pack, and everyone feared me."

"That's just your problem. You only think about yourself. And that's also, ironically enough, why Cedric had to perish." Poppy retorted with a grin. Cedric was one of Rosemary's closest friends, and was actually like a brother to her. Rosemary's parents perished shortly after she was born, so she shared the same milk from the same queen as Cedric, so the two had an internal connection.

Rosemary's eyes widened at the mention of Cedric, her ears folding back. "What are you implying?!"

"I eliminated him. If I could kill a strong warrior such as him.." Poppy's claws flexed a bit from their sockets between the toes of her paws. "Then why do you think I'm incapable of doing the same to you?"

"You.. killed him..?" Rosemary's chest heaved as she began to panic. For once, she had finally cracked; the mention of the little family she had left broke her.

"Exactly. Now, unless you want to end up like him, leave this forest now before the whole thing collapses on us." Poppy demanded. Rosemary looked on, crouching down like she was about to pounce before she fearfully bolted off, her eyes wide.

Poppy turned her attention to Willowsong and licked her forehead affectionately.

"Let's get out of here. We can talk outside of here." [702 words].
Last edited by dimi. on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[❁] Rise 300 | Chapter Nine

Postby dimi. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:07 am

Willowsong and Poppy ran at full speed, the branches crackling above them as fire ate away at their bark being more than enough motivation to not even stop for a moment to glance back at the fire. Their eyes were wide, their pelts on end,
      their goal to only make it out of the forest. After running for just a minute more, the two felines emerged from the cluster of trees, the fire now only an orange, vibrant light bursting between the trees in the distance. The two cats walked into the plain and sat, some ashes clouding up beside them.

After a moment of silence was shared, Poppy started the conversation with a simple question. "Are you okay, Willow?"

Willowsong looked up at Poppy, studying her yellow eyes briefly. Poppy was a slightly larger cat than Willow, easily capable of resting her head on the top of Willow's. Willow then moved forward, sitting closer to Poppy. Her head pressed against the fluffy cream colored chest Poppy had, similar to the way she had while being apprenticed by Poppy. Poppy rubbed her chin against Willow's head, purring softly in delight. Willowsong then mumbled against Poppy's chest. "I don't think I could be any better right now, Poppy."

"I don't think I could either. I meant physically. Did she actually claw your neck?" Poppy briefly leaned away, brushing her head against Willowsong's to guide her to tilt it. There were a few small, barely noticeable puncture wounds, which Poppy had interfered with just in time to prevent any major bleeding from occurring. "We can tend to those once we find a place to stay."

Willowsong's gaze then became one of confusion. "Poppy, I have something to tell you." She paused, Poppy encouraging her to carry on with a soft nod. "I don't want to leave the clan."

Poppy remained silent for a moment, then looked into Willow's eyes. "I respect your decision. I doubt they will let me in, though."

Willowsong got up, looking into Poppy's eyes. "No. You're skilled. You scared Rosemary of all cats off. Amberstar will welcome you if you just come with me. Beware, they were defensive towards complete strangers coming into camp, but they never kill without reason."

Poppy stared off into space in silence for just a moment, then nodded. "Alright. I can give it a shot. With morals, this clan should be better than the pack."

Willowsong looked at Poppy and licked her cheek affectionately, a loud purr rumbling from her throat. "Then let's go, Poppy. And from now on, call me Willowsong."

The two then began their travel back to the forest northwest of the burning forest, murmuring excitedly to one another. [449 words].
Last edited by dimi. on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[❁] Rise 300 | Chapter Ten

Postby dimi. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Willowsong and Poppy walked across the plain, their pelts practically entwining as they leaned against one another happily, having missed the company of one another for several moons. "You know, my leader actually offered to let me see you just last night. She said I'd have to wait until the end of the moons, though. Hopefully that'll change, I sure am glad she hasn't got a chance to go after our old pack yet."

Poppy looked at Willowsong and smiled softly. "You were still thinking about me?"

"Of course I was. How could I not? You basically saved my life back there with Rosemary. She was in the perfect position to kill me. You also gave me my knowledge as a medicine cat. You are the most significant cat in my life, and you always will be. Never doubt that." Willowsong said before smiling back.

The two entered the trees in silence, walking through towards the center of the forest. Willowsong would occasionally step in front of Poppy, glance both ways, and then usher her to follow with a flick of her tail. This pattern continued until they reached a small path, a few bushes with berries in them on either side.

Willowsong put her nose to the air and took a long sniff. "We're almost there." The walking then continued on in silence, until they reached a large clearing, where several makeshift dens had been crafted, along with two dens. The other cats of Silentclan, the number unknown to Poppy, were no where to be seen.

Suddenly, leaves nearby rustled, and when Willowsong turned around, she saw the leader and deputy of Silentclan ambushing Poppy. Aspencloud had tackled Poppy and brought her to the ground, while the leader, Amberstar, stood at her flank. Poppy squeaked in fear as she laid on the ground, her eyes raising up to meet a bewildered Willowsong. Amberstar's gaze then went up to Willowsong.

"Who is this, Willowsong?" Amberstar asked with an instinctive, uncontrollable growl following it. "You know strangers are not allowed in my camp."

"Amberstar, she is no stranger. This is Poppy. She is a friend, and left her pack in order to find me. She actually just saved me from being killed by a cat who despises me, so much so she lit an entire forest on fire. Please, don't hurt her.. She comes here with the intention of joining the clan."

Amberstar's suspicions were put to rest, her paw leaving Poppy's frame, followed by Aspencloud and herself stepping back. "We apologize for the abrupt ambush, Poppy. Right, Aspencloud?"

Aspencloud's ears were pinned back, his blue eyes wide in embarrassment. "Y-yeah! We're sorry. I really like that curly fur you got going."

Willowsong walked over to Poppy and mumbled in her ear. "He's just a flirt, don't worry." With a nudge to her side, Poppy got up.

"It's alright. I'm Poppy, and it's a pleasure to meet you two. I would love to join your clan, if possible." Poppy's gaze then locked with Amberstar's, awaiting her judgment.

Amberstar then started to speak. "You are a medicine cat, yes? Willowsong said she cares for you and she believes your skill is unmatched. You also saved her from being killed, which I thank you for. I will let you join. but an introduction is in order. I am Amberstar. And this is my deputy, Aspencloud. He's a flustered right now, but don't mind that. His skills make up for his lack of social care."

Poppy hid a small laugh. "That is alright, Amberstar."

"Now, before we can welcome you into the clan, you need to get a name, one you will have until the day you join the cats in Silverpelt." She explained, her eyes moving up to the sky.

"I'm not sure what it should be.." Poppy murmured, averting her gaze. Willowsong walked up beside her, her tail brushing against her spine as she spoke.

"Poppyflame should be your name. You're fierce like a fire, and you saved me from those flames Rosemary caused. Plus, it has a pretty nice ring to it, eh?~" Willowsong said with a purr. Poppy then nodded in agreement, speaking softly.

"I agree. I like that name." Poppy looked back at Amberstar.

"Then your name shall be Poppyflame. Welcome to Silentclan." Amberstar said with a content smile. [720 words].
Last edited by dimi. on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[❁] Rise 300 | Epilogue

Postby dimi. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Only a moon had passed since Poppyflame had joined the clan, yet it felt like she had been there much longer. On this particular evening, her and Willowsong sat in their den, a large leaf between them. It was bulky, stuffed with traveling herbs for the two cats; ones that would give them strength, and the energy to make their trip to Moonpool to converse with Starclan. Poppyflame had not yet been formally introduced to the cats of Starclan, and tonight was the night. Having proved her loyalty over the moon through vigorous herb searching, as well as chasing off several loners when other cats of Silentclan could not, Willowsong deemed that the best time to do this would be now.

Poppyflame walked over beside Willowsong and bent down, her stomach brushing against the cold cavern ground. Willowsong placed the rolled up leaf of herbs onto her back, fastening it onto Poppyflame with a long vine tied securely, but not too tightly around her stomach.

"Are you ready?" Willowsong asked as she circled around to meet Poppyflame's front, gazing into her eyes. Poppyflame nodded without an answer aside from a proud grin, one that only Willowsong and Poppyflame understood between one another. The two then made their way out of the den and to the exit of the camp. The stars were just beginning to show in the sky, and the Moonpool was not more than a couple hours away, at the end of a river just north of Silentclan's camp.

[img]art[/img]

The two began their walk, walking directly forward once they exited the camp. The river stretched for about a mile east and west, ending at small respective pools. The moonpool was a smaller section, more like a small pool next to the ending pond of the east side of the river. As the two cats walked, they talked to one another about various subjects, being together a feeling that had come back to them naturally within such a short amount of time. They occasionally brushed against one another kindly, the purring in their flanks vibrating across one another.

Once they reached the river, the two cats bent down, taking a long sip of fresh water from the still water. Poppyflame then wriggled the bag of herbs off her back, quickly devouring some of them having not eaten all day. Willowsong soon followed, eating in a similar, less aggressive fashion. The two gently placed the leaf in the river once it was empty, watching the leaf slowly drift away before continuing their adventure, making a right to walk east.

They walked in silence once more, the walking continuing for a solid hour. By the time they arrived, the moon was a vibrant white, the light reflecting off the large pond before them. Poppystorm and Willowsong went around and walked a few more feet forward, stopping at a smaller portion of water; the moonpool. Willowsong walked forward first, standing on the side of the pool. Her blue eyes locked on the water until in a figure of stars, the first medicine cat of Silentclan, Berryleaf, appeared.

"Willowsong. You are later than usual." The cat's voice rang out softly in Willowsong's mind. Willowsong nodded, looking down at the starry cat.

"Yes, I know that. However, I bring a new cat. I would wish for Starclan to bless her, for she has proven her loyalty and diligence in not only tracking me down, but willingly joining Silentclan, dropping her past beliefs for Silentclan." Willowsong looked at Poppyflame, ushering her over with her paw. "This is Poppyflame."

"You are the cat that saved Willowsong from Rosemary, yes? I doubt Willowsong neglected to tell you she had a prophecy the night prior explaining something like that would happen. You interfered with fate, truly impressive." But, the word of Willowsong is not all I desire. I would like to hear you speak." The starry cat then went silent.

"I, Poppyflame, swear to uphold the purposes of Silentclan and serve them. I leave behind my rogue tendencies in doing this." Poppyflame said, dipping her head.

"You certainly are an interesting cat. I respect you for that. You have my blessing, and will walk with those in Silverpelt one day. Farewell, you two." The stars faded out, leaving the two felines to walk back to the camp alone. [720 words]
Last edited by dimi. on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[❁] Rise 300 | The End

Postby dimi. » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:31 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Before I dive into the credits, I would like to give you a huge thank you for reading through my story. I had a ton of fun writing it, and in the process of writing this, I also got my inspiration back to start writing long term stories with character development, plots, and ultimately diving into the concepts of my clan. If you click the image below, it will take you back to my post on the thread. Below I will be crediting all the artists who created art for my form.

Link back to thread:

PixelBytes
All these pieces linked below were created by Pixelbytes, who was so gracious enough to draw me so many pieces. Their art shop can be found here, please give them some orders and fair payment, they deserve it!

Cover Art | Chapter Two Art | Chapter Four Art | Chapter Five Art| Chapter Six Art | Chapter Nine Art (To Be Linked)

FeenieBeanie
Beanie is the amazing artist did the art in my prologue. Check out their art shop here!
Prologue Art

Fluffydawg6051
Fluffy did the awesome art for Chapter Eight! Check out their art shop here!
Chapter Nine Art

Snappycroc
This artist did the fighting art for Chapter Three! Check out their art shop here
Chapter Three Art

GoatCandy
Goat made the piece in Chapter Ten! Check out their art shop here!
Chapter Ten Art

Mythz came in last minute to save me from lacking a piece of art in my story, and for that I really thank them. They did the art for chapter nine. Check out their art shop here!

All writing & coding in this form was done by me.
I used wordcounter.net to count these words. Please highlight the sections separately if an image is between them if you want to check word counts on there, as if you involve coding, those counts as words.

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me