CometClan/GroveClan Writings (Please don't post!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

CometClan/GroveClan Writings (Please don't post!)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:29 pm

ImageImage
Welcome!

CometClan
GroveClan

This is the thread where I will store all my writing prompts for CometClan and GroveClan, to avoid posting a bunch of threads. c:
Last edited by Shadowflight13 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Smoke meets Briar (355 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Smoke prowled down the alleyway, sidestepping a greasy puddle with a small hiss. At six moons old she was already very independent, often spending the entire day by herself and only returning to her family at night. She loved her parents and her sisters, but found their company uninteresting compared to the maze that was the twolegplace. Today, she had her sights set on the neighborhood across the river, where the twoleg dens were squatter and more spread out, interspersed with gardens.

She made her way to the bridge and walked along the wall. A couple monsters roared past, belching exhaust fumes, but it was too early in the morning for twolegs to be out walking. She made it across the bridge unmolested and hopped down from the wall at the other side. Making her way into the neighborhood, she walked along a back wall bordering several gardens. It smelled cleaner over here, with more green and less pollution, than her own side of the river. This neighborhood was technically outside of her father’s gang’s controlled territory, but she wasn’t worried. Even out here cats would be reluctant to touch her, in fear of her father’s retaliation, and she could always run back across the bridge.

“Haven’t seen you around before! You new?” A bright meow startled Smoke, who’d been quite absorbed in the new sights and scents around her. She looked up to see another kitten about her age, sitting on top of the wall with a grin on her face. The kitten had reddish fur with darker points, and mischievous turquoise eyes.

“I live across the river,” Smoke answered cautiously. Reluctant to stay on the ground, she jumped up onto the wall so their eyes were level. The kitten seemed unconcerned by this.

“Across the river? All the neighborhood cats say never to cross the bridge, that the cats who live over there are vicious.” She sat back on her haunches and studied Smoke critically. “You don’t seem vicious to me! I’m Briar, by the way.”

“Smoke,” Smoke returned uncertainly.

“Smoke,” Briar repeated, then smiled. “That’s a nice name! Want to be friends?”
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Founder Challenge

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:33 pm

1. as a kit
2. playing with friends or siblings
3. talking to/pestering their parent figure
4. sleeping
5. playing their favorite game
6. stalking a m oss ball
7. begging to go outside
8. trying to sneak out
9. getting scolded
10. playfighting
11. experiencing their first snow
12. SUPER EXCITED
13. "I'm not sleepy"
14. Trying to be helpful
15. Stuck
16. Chasing a bug
17. Chasing their tail
18. Listening to a story
19. as the hero in their favorite story
20. tripping/falling/stumbling
21. seeing something scary
22. At their apprentice ceremony
23. getting their apprentice name
24. greeting their mentor
25. seeing the outside world
26. learning to hunt
27. learning to fight
28. climbing a tree/rock
29. very confused
30. preparing for first fight
31. following a flying bug
32. with their favorite object
33. with their favorite food
34. sniffing flowers
35. with their best aprpentice-aged friend
36. training with mentor figure
37. helping an elder/queen/other cat
38. being yelled at by a cranky elder
39. listening to a story
40. during their final assessment
41. receiving their warrior name
42. in a drawing that represents their name
43. with someone who is proud of them
44. first patrol as a warrior
45. meeting cats from another clan
46. Seeing a new animal for the first time
47. first hunt without their mentor
48. first crush
49. with best friend as a young warrior
50. playing with kits
51. getting their apprentice
52. training apprentice to fight
53. training apprentice to hunt
54. congratulating apprentice
55. defending camp from danger
56. saving a kit from a sticky situation
57. comforting a scared kit
58. fighting side by side with another cat
59. doing what they do in free time
60. being chased by dogs
61. covered in leaves
62. covered in mud
63. relaxing in the sun
64. grooming
65. watching apprentice's assessment
66. apprentice's warrior ceremony
67. making a nest for an elder
68. in the snow
69. in the rain
70. in the wind
71. at night
72. frustrated
73. happy
74. excited
75. angry
76. sad
77. cold
78. heartbroken
79. in love
80. jealous
81. embarassed
82. protective
83. deep in thought
84. having fun
85. in a dream
86. getting wet paws
87. found a twoleg thing
88. being a hero
89. fearful
90. running
91. jumping
92. hiding under something
93. hiding in grass
94. trapped
95. stalking something
96. organizing patrols
97. giving a clanmate a gift
98. at a clan meeting
99. stubbed their paw
100. becoming deputy
101. meeting a nice stranger
102. meeting a mean stranger
103. doing what they think is right, but might not be
104. eavesdropping
105. accidentally hearing something they weren't supposed to
106. in twoleg place
107. meeting a street cat
108. meeting a kittypet
109. crossing a thunderpath
110. helping the medicine cat look for herbs
111. carrying herbs for the medicine cat
112. keeping an injured/sick cat company
113. thorn in paw
114. scratching an itch
115. reinforcing/building dens
116. in unfamiliar territory
117. lost
118. mourning
119. when they found out they would lead their clan
120. going to share tongues with Starclan (or the equivalent)
121. receiving life 1
122. receiving life 2
123. receiving life 3
124. receiving life 4
125. receiving life 5
126. receiving life 6
127. receiving life 7
128. receiving life 8
129. standing with ancestors in Starclan
130. returning to the clan with 9 lives
131. addressing the clan for the first time as leader
132. picking a deputy
133. having a meeting with the medicine cat
134. having a wound tended
135. having a serious meeting with deputy/warriors
136. addressing the clans at a gathering
137. settling a gathering dispute
138. causing a gathering dispute
139. holding an apprentice ceremony
140. holding a warrior ceremony
141. holding a clan meeting
142. leading a patrol
143. spending time with their best friend
144. receiving a prophecy
145. seeing a sign from their ancestors
146. in a nightmare
147. in a good dream
148. losing a life
149. watching their clan
150. patrolling alone
151. border dispute
152. meeting another clan's leader
153. helping another clan
154. in another clan's camp
155. on another clan's territory
156. in their den
157. keeping kits out of trouble
158. in an argument
159. after winning an argument
160. after losing an argument
161. reprimanding a clan member
162. spending time with an elder
163. making a nest
164. reminiscing
165. proud
166. feeling strong
167. feeling weak
168. planing something
169. stretching
170. sharpening their claws
171. watching birds
172. looking at the sky
173. looking at their reflection in water
174. from a birds eye view
175. from the view of something small
176. from a warrior's perspective
177. from the perspective of a kit
178. from the perspective of an elder
179. best memory
180. found a four leaf clover
181. found nest of pretty bird eggs
182. covered in pretty flowers
183. saw a ghost
184. in the light of the full moon
185. memory of mother
186. memory of father
187. memory of siblings/kithood
188. watching the sunrise/sunset
189. telling their favorite story from the elders
190. as the hero in a new legend (exaggerate!)
191. watching their clan mourn their death
192. giving their successor a life
193. watching over their kits/grandkits from Starclan
194. reuniting with dead mate/friend/parent/kit in Starclan
195. delivering a prophecy
196. with the other high ranks in their clan
197. with their mate and kits
198. with their entire family (including deceased)
199. a reference for each life stage
200. with stars in their fur and eyes
[/quote]

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Early mornings (390 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Smokestar woke up when the dawn light began to stream in through the cave opening. Briarstrike stirred next to her, nuzzling into her side, and Smokestar groomed the top of her head gently.

"Wake up, love," Smokestar purred, stretching. She stood up and padded to the cave entrance, then looked down the cliff. The sun's rays were shining onto the ledge below, turning the rock golden. Smokestar smiled, and began to climb down. Her paws moved nimbly, finding the small ledges and cracks that were so familiar to her now. She leaped down the last few feet and landed lightly on the ledge. The sun felt warm on her black fur.

Smokestar padded down the ledge and peered into the warrior's den, where Honeycloud was still sleeping. Her side rose and fell gently as she breathed deeply. Smokestar ducked inside and prodded Honeycloud's dappled side with a paw.

"Morning's here, up you get," she purred. Honeycloud stirred and rolled over onto her back, opening her yellow eyes and blinking a couple times.

"Morning, Smokestar," she yawned, showing bright white teeth. "What are we doing this morning?"

"I thought we'd all head out together and catch ourselves something to eat," Smokestar meowed. Honeycloud yawned again and rolled over onto her paws, standing up. Her fur was sticking up in places. Smokestar laughed and leaned forward to groom her. Honeycloud began to purr and started grooming her in return.

"Cuddle party! And no one invited me?" Briarstrike scrambled through the den entrance and pounce on Smokestar, knocking her over. Honeycloud laughed and pounced too, so that all three of them were in a pile on the floor. After a few moments of tussling, they settled into grooming each other's ruffled fur, purring.

Smokestar closed her eyes and she groomed Briarstrike's ears, feeling the steady lap of Honeycloud's tongue on her own back and the warmth of both she-cats on either side of her. She had been close with Briarstrike for a long time, even before forming the Clan, but the addition of Honeycloud had changed things. The younger she-cat was kind, and playful, and brought life into the caves of the camp. Laying here now, in the early hours of the morning, she couldn't help but feel like part of a group, that she was doing the right thing in forming Cometclan.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Smokestar and Driftheart's relationship (153 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Smokestar named Driftheart her deputy because she trusted him. Even as closed off as the tom was, completely unwilling to talk about his past, he proved himself loyal and capable, and his knowledge of how Clan life operates is integral to shaping Cometclan. Smokestar respects Driftheart's privacy, and never tries to pry into his past. Her patient companionship is of great comfort to Driftheart. After leaving his old Clan behind, he never expected to find somewhere to belong again, let alone be trusted as second in command. Smokestar's trust in him is never unappreciated, and he would follow her to the ends of the earth and back. Smokestar's and Driftheart's relationship is formed around mutual trust and respect. They recognize that they don't have to know all of each other's secrets in order for trust to be earned. Both would put their life, and the lives of their Clanmates, in the other's paws.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fox (365 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:31 am

Dustpaw yawned widely as he followed Driftheart and Briarstrike towards the southern border. The sun had been just below the horizon when they left camp, and in the shade of the forest the light was still grey.

"Remind me why we have to be up this early again?" The young sandy tom meowed, running a couple steps to catch up with his mentor's longer strides.

"It is important to check borders for intruders and mark them clearly," Driftheart answered. He was leading the patrol.

"I know that. I meant why do we have to do it this early in the morning. The sun isn't even up yet!"

Briarstrike laughed and flicked her tail tip over the apprentice's ears. "It builds character." Dustpaw groaned and rolled his eyes.

The trio continued towards the border in relative quiet. They had almost reached it when Driftheart stopped abruptly, swishing his tail to the side to stop Dustpaw from taking a step further. Briarstrike lowered her body and raised one front paw off the ground, hackles rising. Dustpaw looked questioningly from one warrior to the other, then followed their gazes to the underbrush ahead. He caught a glimpse of red fur, and a strange scent on the wind.

"A fox," Briarstrike breathed. "We should get rid of it."

Driftheart shook his head, and answered equally quietly, "No, not with Dustpaw here. Too risky." He backed up a step, careful not to make a sound. "We should tell Smokestar about this and assemble a patrol."

"If we leave it now, we might not find it again until it attacks one of us," Briarstrike argued, managing to keep her voice low. The fox hadn't noticed them yet.

"We got back," Driftheart meowed firmly. "Careful where you step, Dustpaw." He indicated the apprentice should back off, and Dustpaw began to head back the way they had come, keeping as quiet as he could. Briarstrike looked like she wanted to argue, but with another glance at the fox, she followed Dustpaw. Driftheart kept his eyes on the fox, backing away slowly, until it was no longer in view. Then they all headed back to camp, to warn Smokestar of the danger.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Clan Meeting (238 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:35 pm

"All cats old enough to climb the cliffs gather for a Clan meeting!" Smokestar leaped up onto the ledge on the cave's wall, her meow carrying through the cave. It was evening, and everyone was in camp. Cats emerged from dens and gathered on the cave floor below her. When everyone was settled, Smokestar began.

"Most of you already know what I am about to tell you, but I wanted to make sure everyone was well informed and aware of the safety measures I am putting in place. Early this morning, Driftheart's patrol came across a fox on our territory. Naturally, they came straight back to warn me. A fox living on our territory is a clear danger, and a plan must be made to drive it away. This will be dangerous, but necessary. I will lead the patrol myself, and bring our best warriors." She paused to let the murmurs passing through the small crowd below subside.

"In the meantime, no cat is to go near the southern border alone. If any of you sight the fox, or even find a recent scent trail, you are to back off immediately." Smokestar eyed Briarstrike as she said this, knowing how reckless she could be. Her mate twitched an ear in acknowledgement.

"That is all I have for you this evening. Clan dismissed." Smokestar ended the meeting and leaped down from the ledge, landing lightly on all four paws.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Training (384 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm

"Okay, Dustpaw! Ready for some battle training?" Driftheart waded across the shallow portion of the river onto the bank of the island, heading to the mossy arena in the middle. He shook out his long fur and turned back to watch his apprentice cross the river. The water came up to Dustpaw's chin, but the little cat made it across without too much difficulty.

"Ready!!" Dustpaw meowed eagerly, flicking his tail.

"We'll start with a simple defensive move today," Driftheart told him. "This move is known as the forepaw slash!"

"I know how to do that!" Dustpaw protested. "That's easy."

"Why don't you demonstrate your technique to me, then?" Driftheart meowed, whiskers twitching. "Go ahead, practice on that log over there."

Dustpaw obediently did as he was told, slashing at the log with a single forepaw. Driftheart examined him critically.

"Good," he meowed, "but it can be better."

"How?" Dustpaw asked, tilting his head.

"Like this." Driftheart joined his apprentice at the log, and slashed quickly and forcefully with his forepaw. He used his tail to balance, rising up on his hind legs just a little to add more force to the blow and make his position less awkward. "See how I make it more powerful?"

Dustpaw watched intently as his mentor demonstrated a few more times. "Like this?" The little sandy tom tried again, wobbling a little as he rose upward.

"Balance will come with practice," Driftheart encouraged him. "Once you've got that down, you'll have a lot more power in your slash, and you'll be a lot steadier."

Dustpaw nodded determinedly and practiced the move a couple more times on the log.

"Now try it on me, claws sheathed," Driftheart said. "Pretend I'm your opponent in battle, and attack me."

"Won't it hurt you?" Dustpaw asked uncertainly. Driftheart chuckled.

"I'll be fine, just keep those claws sheathed," the larger tom meowed. He doubted his apprentice's claws would do much damage to him anyway, but best to set a good precedent. Nodding, Dustpaw positioned himself in front of his mentor and repeated the move. Driftheart felt the force of the blow on his pelt.

"Good! Again."

They repeated the exercise a few more times, Driftheart adjusting his apprentice's technique as they went. Finally, Driftheart called a halt.

"That's enough for today. Well done."

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fishing Trip (359 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:37 am

Driftheart padded north east through the territory, heading towards the lake. Dustpaw followed at his side, Honeycloud and Briarstrike a little farther back. The patrol was making for a deep fishing pool just downstream of the lake. It was too hot for normal hunting, but the cool waters of the river would feel good on their fur while they gathered prey for the Clan.

"I've never fished by diving before," Dustpaw meowed. "Is it difficult?"

"Not too hard," Driftheart meowed. "Briarstrike can give you some pointers, she's the best at fishing."

Briarstrike bounded up beside Dustpaw and flicked her tail along his back. "The real trick is to not be afraid of the water," she meowed as they approached the pool. "The current gets a bit strong at the bottom, but if it catches you, just go limp--the current will carry you downstream to where it isn't as strong."

The dark red furred she-cat bounded up onto a rock overlooking the pool. "Watch me," she meowed. Dustpaw watched as Briarstrike dove gracefully into the water, turning like an otter. Her paws skimmed the bottom as she caught a trout in her jaws and resurfaced, swimming strongly to shore. She deposited the fish on the pebbles and sat down. "Your turn."

Dustpaw glanced at his mentor. Driftheart nodded. The cream tom stepped gingerly to the shore, took a deep breath, and leaped. The water tugged at his fur and clogged his ears, muffling sounds. He squinted through the water as his dive carried him down, stretching out his forepaws to an unsuspecting fish. He grabbed it with his claws and brought it to his mouth for a killing bite before swimming for the surface.

"I did it!" His voice was muffled by the fish in his mouth.

"Well done," Driftheart purred, diving in next. He was a powerful swimmer, though less graceful than Briarstrike had been. After he resurfaced, it was Honeycloud's turn. Rather than diving in, she waited just upstream from the pool, and hooked out a fish with her claws. The cats took turns fishing until they had a decent amount of prey to bring back to camp.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Patrol (361 words)

Postby Shadowflight13 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:58 am

Smokestar led the way towards the eastern border. With her was Honeycloud and Lynxpaw, her apprentice. It would only be the young cat's second time in the burned portion of their territory--at least as far as Smokestar was aware. The little blue-shaded cat had a habit of disappearing for hours on end, exploring or hunting by herself.

The cats reached the river. Smokestar let Honeycloud go first, staying back to make sure Lynxpaw swam across all right. She stayed just downstream of her apprentice as they swam across the river side by side, providing an anchor against the strong currents. The soil on the far bank was lightly dusted in ash, and small green sprouts crowded the water's edge.

"This way," Smokestar meowed, taking the lead again. Lynxpaw followed a pawstep behind, Honeycloud beside her.

"Why do we mark this border?" Lynxpaw asked, breaking the quiet. This far into the burnt wasteland, the forest creatures had not yet returned, so the forest was eerily silent without the usual bird calls and scuttling of small critters. "There's nothing out here."

"One day this forest will regrow," Smokestar answered, glancing at her apprentice. "It also holds the star pit, our place to connect with our ancestors. This land is valuable to Cometclan, even if it doesn't seem so at first glance." Lynxpaw nodded thoughtfully and lapsed into silence again. Sometimes Smokestar wondered what her apprentice was thinking about. She always seemed to have something on her mind.

They finally reached the border. The blackened trees were thicker here, and the burnt forest didn't extend for much farther beyond. Smokestar marked a tree and then the next, following the line of established scent markers. Lynxpaw and Honeycloud followed suit. Together, the scents mingled into something unique: the scent of Cometclan. Any passing rogues or loners would have clear warning of who the land belonged to.

The small patrol of cats followed the border until they hit the edge of the mesa.

"That's enough for today, I think," Smokestar meowed, stopping and turning to face her Clanmates. "Let's head back." The group began to make their way back across the ashen ground, back towards camp.

Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me