雪崩 - kalon 1300

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

雪崩 - kalon 1300

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am

Username: SilentMelody -- Name: 无命鹿 (Wú Mìng Lù or Wu Ming Lu) -- Gender: Female

post -- thread -- adopts

au credit -- image credit -- font credit -- information credit

Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

雪崩 - personality

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A vicious ghost known as "the death deer" in Chinese mythology. Wu Ming Lu is a xīqìguǐ -- a ghost hoping for leavings. Those particular ghosts eat any human leftovers and can even devour the qi of living beings. She lives within the mountains and preys on those who dare venture into her realm. Wu Ming Lu cannot leave within certain boundaries along the mountain, and at times she rarely finds a meal.

She could care less for anything living, and she's rarely seen with another ghost. In all honesty, Wu Ming Lu usually has no emotions. She prefers it to be that way and believes that emotions get in the way of various things, such as fulfilling her daily duties of finding a meal. Although this is Wu Ming Lu's main goal each day the sun rises, she is rarely successful and often ponders upon her purpose. Why must she remain tethered to this mountain, unable to escape in her eternal life? The anger and sadness boil within her until she's cooled by the ice in her heart.

The only time when she'll break from her emotionless state is when she's angry or depressed. Wu Ming Lu can become raging mad when going after a person's qi in attempts to not only scare them, but to heighten her powers to their full ability. She gets very depressed and sad if an attack goes wrong, usually where the kalon escapes before she can suck the life force from them. After all, Wu Ming Lu is only just really hungry.

259 words
796 words together with history
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

雪崩 - history

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 am

She used to be a living creature, but through a certain change of fate her heart became twisted before she died. Wu Ming Lu was happy once, and she was in love. She lived through her emotions easily and effortlessly, acting without a second thought. Little did she know that these actions would affect her badly in the afterlife. Wu Ming Lu will forever be known as the "death deer", and she strikes fear into the living.

Wu Ming Lu was a mere commoner in the mortal world, the daughter of a poor farmer. Back then, she was known as Feng Mian -- a name meaning "falling asleep in the woods as the breeze swishes through". No one really remembered her real name, but the villagers remembered her for the way she would journey through the woods and forests before falling asleep in the middle. When Wu Ming Lu was younger, her father worried for her, but she was never harmed in her travels. The animals seemed to like her company, mainly the deer that grazed nearby.

Instead of a deer, a woman appeared in the forest one day. The light fell perfectly on her beautiful face, and her gaze met Wu Ming Lu's. At that moment, the scatterbrained girl fell in love. The two felt the same for each other at first sight, and they promised to meet each other at the biggest tree in the forest each day. This continued on for months, and during that time their relationship was never discovered.

Upon an evening where they met each other by the tree again, men appeared from the shadows. Two grabbed the woman, and two more yanked Wu Ming Lu away from her. A man stood out against the moonlight, his silhouette dark so she was unable to see his face even though she knew who this was -- the emperor. She had fallen in love with the emperor's daughter.

The guards brought her to the edge of the forest with nothing but the clothes on her back and shoved her into the darkness, forever banishing her from the village. Wu Ming Lu stalked away from her lover, even though she could feel the woman's gaze burning into her back. Never again would she be able to look into her beautiful eyes with love and affection.

Ice crept into her heart and continued to fester since that day. As Wu Ming Lu trekked on further, she finally came to a small hut and entered though she was unsure of her fate. A old man sat at the table, supposedly waiting for her. He introduced himself as Da, a name meaning "wise" in the Chinese language. He certainly looked wise, and when he spoke he filled Wu Ming Lu's head with knowledge. He wove tales of power and magic, but only to be put to good use if she were to achieve those powers.

Despite Da's warnings of using any types of magic for evil, Wu Ming Lu kept her revenge plan a secret and trained with the shaman for years. Although his spells and teachings revolved around all elements, she only managed to obtained ice powers.The cold within her spread until she could feel nothing but the whispers and promises of reigning hell upon the emperor.

She was ready. At night, when Da was asleep she crept away on silent feet and made the long journey to the emperor's home. Wu Ming Lu sent ice fractals ahead of her to let the emperor know that she was coming, but of course he didn't know better. If he'd been wise, he wouldn't have banished her for falling in love with his daughter even after they'd been careful.

Wu Ming Lu crept along the roof and spread cold winds throughout the house, waking the people within. Perfect. She peered through one of the main windows and watched as the emperor walked into the center room with his robes tight around him, alone for the moment being. Wu Ming Lu raised a hand and channeled the energy coursing through her to her fingers, aiming at the emperor's heart. At the same second she released an ice shard, his daughter approached him and they were both struck.

537 words
796 words together with personality
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

雪崩 - control

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:09 am

The wind swirled gently along the mountain, for Wu Ming Lu was currently at peace with her eyes closed and her head raised to the light of the moon cascading down her body. Soft snowflakes began to fall and sprinkled her pelt with white dots before they sunk through her transparency. This was her realm, this was her life.

Footsteps on the snow crunched over into her direction, and her eyes flickered open with an intense amount of anger as she settled her cold gaze onto the human before her. How he is still alive after all of this time? And how did he find me? Wu Ming Lu thought to herself with a sneer and a frown at the short, old man known as Da who stood before her again.

"You went back on your word," he spoke in a gruff voice and coughed once before clearing his throat. The shaman was obviously sick and dying, so why make the journey to her mountain?

Her mountain. How dare he come here after all this time. How dare he target her and harass her for his own fault -- he's a shaman, he should've seen this fate coming. But perhaps that was his way. Perhaps he wanted to teach Wu Ming Lu a lesson, in a way. Yet she wouldn't accept this. She hadn't accepted even it the moment she was executed by the guards.

She narrowed her eyes and hissed, "What do you want from me, Da? You have no reason to tread inside my territory. Leave now!" Wu Ming Lu raised a hoof and struck the ground, spraying snow into the air as a warning. She would use violence if she had to, and that may be what it would come to. Besides...she hadn't eaten in over a week, and she was beginning to starve.

"I can see the hunger in your belly. I can see the anger in your eyes. I can see the ice in your heart. Can't you see how your powers have overcome you? Wu Ming Lu, you're out of control," Da replied calmly and quietly, his voice barely heard over the winds that were now picking up. His robes flapped in the wind, and he stumbled slightly against the power of her growing rage.

"I can see the hunger in your belly. I can see the anger in your eyes. I can see the ice in your heart. Can't you see how your powers have overcome you? Wu Ming Lu, you're out of control," Da replied calmly and quietly, his voice barely heard over the winds that were now picking up. His robes flapped in the wind, and he stumbled slightly against the power of her growing rage.

Her nostrils flared, and she huffed as ice fractals appeared out of thin air. Now that she didn't have hands, Wu Ming Lu had to adapt and overcome the changes she'd gone through as a ghost. She now controlled the ice with only her free mind.

The sharp ice shards hovered over Da and dared to float closer as she started to rise into the air as well, placed high above the old man so she could aim perfectly. Wu Ming Lu needed to strike true and fast before he could react.

"You are better than this. See past the anger that has clouded your mind and the cold that has evaded your heart. You can live peacefully as a xīqìguǐ, only feeding on animals. Other ghosts can accept you. You won't be alone," Da shouted.

Wu Ming Lu laughed -- a loud, hearty chuckle yet it held no emotion behind it. "I have always been alone, even in the living world. I will never be accepted. Even you can't accept me, old fool," she growled and reared in the air. Her two hooves sliced through the wind and brought the shards down onto Da. Four pinned him to the snow by his wrists and ankles, while the largest one struck him in his heart. He passed away silently and swiftly, his unseeing eyes staring into the snowy storm clouds.

The snowflakes came down harder and thicker, coating the mountain in a fresh new blanket. The scenery became a blur of white, and the snow completely covered the corpse of Da. Wu Ming Lu would feed later -- for now he would be stored.

She flew higher into the air, above the clouds, and watched over her territory from the skies.

This was her realm, this was her life. No one would take it from her.

761 words
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

雪崩 - notes

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am

Other than the information, the rest of her history is made up.
Other than the legendary powers, her powers are only within the au.

post -- thread -- adopts

au credit -- image credit -- font credit -- information credit

SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me