Writer's Branch

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Writer's Branch

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Didn't you do a sorta Robin Hood retelling? Or was that Wren?

Also, I was thinking about that just a little bit ago, how there are lots of cliches that can be boring to read and watch, but the writers do it because it's a new experience for them and therefore exciting.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:58 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Didn't you do a sorta Robin Hood retelling? Or was that Wren?
Yeah... XD It's kinda bad. Bu I do like it. I hope to redo it at some stage, actually c:

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Also, I was thinking about that just a little bit ago, how there are lots of cliches that can be boring to read and watch, but the writers do it because it's a new experience for them and therefore exciting.
Indeed! So true. And I've got a few tricks up my sleeve ;) I'm excited :D
I feel like I didn't do a great job at the start, but I pushed through and have re-remembered how to write, so it's getting better!!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:03 pm

It's always rough after a break. Are you planning on posting it here?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Ha, ain't that the truth! Remind me to never stop writing again XD

I honestly don't know... Some of it's pretty bad XD I think I want to wait until it's finished before making it public tbh; I don't like feeling like I'm disappointing people when I give up on a story halfway through, y'know? And when it's finished I'll be able to point out the, 'These characters I just introduced? Yeah they don't exist anymore, ehehe...' pieces better XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Oh yeah, I def know how it feels. Lol, remember Enigma? I felt so pressured to put up a new chapter I lost motivation to do it.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Oh yeah, I def know how it feels. Lol, remember Enigma? I felt so pressured to put up a new chapter I lost motivation to do it.
Oh no! I hope that wasn't my fault o: (And if it was I'm sorry!)
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:06 pm

No, it totally didn't, actually I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I would have if it wasn't for you. Honestly I got a bit scared hearing about copyright and plagiarism and stuff. Anyway it needed a huge plot overhaul and it would've been awkward rewriting everything that had already been posted.
That's why I like the one-shots so much, don't really need to connect them with anything.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:40 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:No, it totally didn't, actually I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I would have if it wasn't for you. Honestly I got a bit scared hearing about copyright and plagiarism and stuff. Anyway it needed a huge plot overhaul and it would've been awkward rewriting everything that had already been posted.
That's why I like the one-shots so much, don't really need to connect them with anything.
Oh! I see, fair enough; I'm glad my commenting worked the other way, then :p
Yeah that's understandable; sounds like you made the right choice! Hehe. And dude, you're on fire with those -shots!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 am

Yeah, I've been trying something new lately that's kinda been keeping me going. First I use a random number generator to pick a prompt number, then I use the generator again to pick out a time between thirty and fifty and whatever I get is the time limit and I have to finish the prompt in that time.
For now it seems to be working okay, though I'm sure I'll get bored eventually.

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Yeah, I've been trying something new lately that's kinda been keeping me going. First I use a random number generator to pick a prompt number, then I use the generator again to pick out a time between thirty and fifty and whatever I get is the time limit and I have to finish the prompt in that time.
For now it seems to be working okay, though I'm sure I'll get bored eventually.
Ah! Is that why you've started including the times? That's not a bad idea, I'd be interested to try it sometime cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me