Plants, Clear Skies and Rainbows - Kalon #1322 Tryout

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Plants, Clear Skies and Rainbows - Kalon #1322 Tryout

Postby womp womp » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Username: Diamond Sapphire | Name: Adrienne | Gender: Female

Back to Post -- Back to Thread -- Back to Kalon Adopts

Last edited by womp womp on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Message

Postby womp womp » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
Hey! My name's Adrienne. I found a message at my front door,
and perhaps you'd like to read it to make sure it's yours? If
not, I got to go buy something from the store!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
You'd like to check it out? Great! Take as long as you need, but
my poor broken headphones can't take as long! Gotta run,
see you later, whoever you are!

Last edited by womp womp on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Start

Postby womp womp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

Growing up, Adrienne was a bubbly youngster, oblivious to the dangers of the world. In fact, she was nicknamed "Joy" due to her usually delightful personality. She grew up in a fine castle as the queen's one and only child. And as for the fact the king perished moments before Adrienne's birth, she was the queen's only treasure.

Adrienne was spoiled from the first time she opened her eyes, not knowing why she was brought upon this world. She was showered with love, both genuine and fake. She was given the finest foods to feast upon, the shiniest jewelry, the most expensive clothes and the absolute most gorgeous silver tiara made with the purest material...

...but Adrienne wasn't satisfied.

Her world felt fake. The attention she was receiving was simply a show, and her pretty jewelry made Adrienne feel unnecessarily spoiled. Adrienne deeply longed for something more than this... fake trap.

Her taste for a new life was when she had overheard her grandmother chatting about the 'modern world', the one outside of their kingdom. The one without constant rivalries between the other kingdoms. The one where the innocent was not framed for actions they had not caused. The one where Adrienne could do what she pleased. The one where she terribly wanted to spend her days, instead of trying to look pretty each morning and night.

But where she would find her way to this modern world was going to be the real challenge.
Last edited by womp womp on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

One Last Goodbye

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Cold. Freezing, in fact. Even with the few doubts that leaked into her mind, Adrienne was certain that the bitterly cold dungeon was. After all, several of the elders in her kingdom had told her that down in the dungeon was a way to get transported into the modern life.

The primary reason that they told Adrienne of such thing was that they as well weren't supportive of the ways their kingdom was shaped. A modern life was more appealing to them, and they let Adrienne go. If they were something like Adrienne's mother, the queen, Adrienne would end up reciting a whole poem, apologizing that she even had the thought.

Adrienne loved her family and all, but no one seemed to match up with Adrienne's taste, maybe besides her very own grandmother. A wildflower is what her family would always use as a term to describe her grandmother. A wild soul with a sweet heart is what her grandmother was, making Adrienne suppress a smile.

Adrienne's smile suddenly made her snap back into reality. Shaking her head, she traveled across the bare floors in search for something that could bring her to the modern world. Unfortunately for her, all she had found so far was a few paintings of the sky and a pile of rusty chains. Definitely nothing helpful.

But then she found it.

Behind an old, fragile door was what seemed to resemble a portal of some sort. Purple wisps of smoke drifted unwelcoming around it, and shimmering white gems were laid in a diamond shape around the unusual twist of purple dug into the ground. Withering roses were tossed carelessly around the edges, and the past rulers of the kingdom's portraits hanging respectfully on the walls. It looked more or so like a ritual rather something that'd take her to the modern world, but it was worth a shot.

Adrienne admittedly expected something similar to a train, but if this odd portal was going to take her to a modern life she wasn't complaining. But if it didn't, Adrienne would be a goner for sure.

Sucking in a deep breath, she moved closer, mumbled her bittersweet goodbyes. She would be leaving a hefty amount of people who truly cared for it, but it was worth it.

Soon, she'd be brought into the world she had wished for all her life.
Last edited by womp womp on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A New World

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Thud.

Adrienne awoke, frantically scanning the world around her. Instead of a modern world she expected, she was surrounded by cloud-like barriers of the colour of a soft lavender, a warm pink and a gentle blue. Stars were scattered around her and wisps of white smoke clogged the majority of her vision within seconds, but made her feel a rush of warmth throughout her body. Almost as if she had a pile of blankets on her at the current moment.

Adrienne shut her eyes tightly, hoping that once she opened them she'd be in the modern world she had wished for. But once she flickered them open, she was greeted by the exact same scene, except the large coverage of smoke was dying down, little by little.

Forcing herself to stay calm, she scrambled forward, her legs feeling weaker than ever before.

"Aha, hello, Adrienne." A voice suddenly boomed, causing Adrienne to freeze. Fear slammed into her, and trying to remain relaxed was a definite challenge, even for her. After all, she could never make it to the modern world and end up stuck in here her entire life. It was certainly nothing to be mellow about.

"W...who are you? Where am I?" Adrienne demanded, her voice trembling with uncertainty. Adrienne thought she had heard a chuckle, followed by a distant sigh.

"That isn't important. The important thing is, that you'll never be able to return to your kingdom. In fact, once you arrive at your perfect 'modern world', memory of your kingdom will be gone forever. You got that?" The unfamiliar voice asked. Adrienne was still unable to see who it was coming from, or even locate where the sound was.

"Y...yes." Adrienne stammered. "My kingdom is filled with lies. I want a new life. Erase my memory all you want, but you can't take away my desire to live in a new world." Adrienne growled bravely, waiting for their response.

There was a long pause, but they eventually replied. "Very well. I hope you enough your choice, Adrienne."

Before she could reply, it went black.

---

Adrienne opened her eyes, and in front of her was a neat pentagonal shaped building with a sign that read in red paint: "SOLD". Adrienne's hand trembled as it glided along the rough surface of the painted white sign, both twinges of excitement and bewilderment sparking inside of her.

Was this the modern world that she had always dreamed of?

Turning around, a line of houses similar to hers lined the streets. A few people chatted with delight outside the homes, in front of a small line of yellow and purple flowers. The sun beamed brightly onto everyone and everything, casting a useful light across the world.

A smile appeared on Adrienne's face.

She had made it. She was in the place she had always longed to live.
Last edited by womp womp on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Life

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Upon arriving into the new land, Adrienne struggled for a few days with settling in. But after she got the hang of everything, she was happy. Rough days were still being occasionally thrown her way, but she couldn't have asked for much more.

When she had arrived, memory of her kingdom had been completely erased from her mind. But she had brought her bubbly, excitable personality with her, swiftly developing many interests on her first few days of her modern world. From upbeat music that she loved to dance to and the brilliant forests a close walk from her home.

Some Kalons were warm upon welcoming their new neighbor. One or two were a little iffy about it first, confused upon where in the world Adrienne had come from. But Adrienne ignored them. She wasn't going to let a few pessimists ruin her time in her new world. After all, all the good had mostly outweighed the bad so far, and Adrienne couldn't have been more delighted.

Skipping forward a few years, Adrienne had made plenty of friends (and a handful of enemies). She's unaware of her past life, and only focuses on her current one. Adrienne currently learning to become a botanist, as she had grown a strong adoration for plants of all kinds. Adrienne had also earned two nicknames by her dear friends. "Adri" as well as "Enne". She prefers to go by Adri, but whatever her friends like to call her she's fine with.

Adrienne enjoys spending her free time tending to her plants, putting on her headphones and listening to music as well as enjoying the beauty of nature. Once and a while she'll snap a few pictures here and there, but she admits photography isn't her strong suit. Adrienne enjoys going out and exploring the world as well, looking for all types of new plants and flowers along the way.

But the bottom line is, Adrienne is happy.
Last edited by womp womp on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About Adrienne

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Adrienne is an awfully bubbly Kalon who's always seems to have a smile printed onto her face. Being positive is her number one goal, as she's a major optimist who tries to hold onto an amiable demeanor. She's one of those people who blurt out an 'inspirational quote' here and there, in attempt to spread her positivity. She's a good-humored, convivial person who's (most of the time) an innocent plant-lover who's always prepared to ramble about useless facts about nature. But even with that, she's delicate soul who's easily offended. Adrienne isn't much of one to handle anything even the slightest bit insulting. But she's a real lover of harsh comebacks, often storing a few in her mind. She doesn't use her comebacks often, but when she does she adores ones that are deeply personal, and pretty much the only time she's able to snap back without feeling forever guilty about it. Adrienne, as well, has a tendency to be honest... too honest. Just like a tiny five year old, the filter between her mind and mouth is thin, and she ends up being brutally honest with her thoughts. Adrienne promises she's not doing it on purpose, it's simply the fact that she wants others to know her clear thoughts on something. Even with her optimistic side, she can't help but point out the obvious in a harsh manner.

xxxxxxxxxx
Music - Adrienne's life almost revolves around music
in a way. Music is a unique thing, as you can make
it with almost anything. Adrienne has taken a liking
to more peaceful and tranquil pieces, are they help
her relax. But Adrienne keeps an open-mind and
enjoys listening to music her friends suggest, but
it doesn't mean she'll change her whole playlist of
soft, serene music into the complete opposite.

Nature - Nature is one of those things Adrienne adores
so deeply. Simply taking a quick walk in the forest is
enough to calm her down, as something about nature
makes Adrienne feel safe. Adrienne had heard from
a number of her friends that she, herself, even looks
like nature in some aspects. With her natural green
fur and brown hair, Adrienne can't really say much.

Optimism - Adrienne has been a happy-go-lucky
person for almost all her life, as she enjoys focusing
on the good things rather the bad. Adrienne will
spend her time seeking out the bright side of bad
situations, even if it takes some debating. She
just wants to make herself and the people around
her realize how important being optimistic is,
yet Adrienne isn't exactly able to say she has
achieved that goal, but she's trying.
xxxxxxxxxx
Disikes:
Loud Noises - If it's her peaceful music, she's fine with
that, but if it's obnoxiously loud yelling, she's done.
Adrienne despises ear-piercing noises, whether
needed or not. She's not only irritated at them,
but also a bit worried. A loud noise could mean
something bad, or mean that her neighbors are
throwing a party right at midnight... yet again.

Sour Foods - Lemons, limes and grapefruits, just a few
of the sour foods Adrienne can't stand to eat. Just
a few drops of lemon juice in her water is fine, but
the thought of eating a whole lemon is like torture
in her eyes. Although she appreciates the impressively
sour creations nature has made, Adrienne is just
quite simply not the biggest fan of them. Adrienne
would personally describe them as 'an acid burning
your mouth', while her friends, on the other hand,
happily eat sour foods whenever they please.

Pessimists - It's quite obvious why Adrienne isn't a
fan of pessimists. She's the complete opposite, for
goodness sake! She's a cheerful optimist, and can't
stand the negativity from pessimists. Although she
does know a few people she doesn't particularly hate
that are pessimists. But in a general group, she isn't
the most fond of the people who aren't too bright.

Last edited by womp womp on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 am, edited 12 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Melon - Overall Relationship: Positive

Melon was the first to introduce Adrienne to the new modern life. Adrienne found herself swiftly becoming friends with the affable Kalon, as they had similar personalities. Melon was a happy-go-lucky female who appeared to always have a smile stretched from ear to ear, while Adrienne was a bubbly optimist. Adrienne and Melon would mainly chat about the small things in life, but they would always end up ending with a bad pun from Melon. Even though Melon has two kids, she still manages to find time to start up a quick conversation with Adrienne. As an overall, Adrienne is delighted to call Melon her friend.
    Riptide - Overall Relationship: Neutral

With all admittance, Adrienne isn't as fond of Riptide as she is with his mate, Melon. Although Adrienne enjoys his brilliant sense of humor and his handful of jokes, Adrienne isn't a fan of his aggressive stubbornness. Adrienne has tried to find a way to seek out a positive side towards his adamant personality, but no success just yet. Adrienne, several times, have caught glimpses of his fatherly side. Whenever Adrienne gets to see Melon's and Riptide's kids, Riptide acts awfully protective, fearing that one of them will get injured somehow. Not to mention the fact that Riptide enjoys telling his kids a load of cheesy dad jokes.
    Ameile - Overall Relationship: Positive

Something about Ameile's gentle serenity made Adrienne feel like Ameile would be a pretty good friend. And oh how she was right. Ameile and Adrienne are what you might name as best friends. Admittedly, Ameile first was unsure of what to think of Adrienne. After all, Adrienne had claimed she lost all memory of her past life, which sounded somewhat suspicious to Ameile. But after a immense amount of conversations with her, Ameile started to warm up to her new neighbor. Friend-wise, Ameile is possibly the closest Ameile is to anyone. Even though Ameile's personality isn't as similar to Adrienne as Melon's, Adrienne still enjoys sitting down and having a quick (or impossibly long) chat with her.
Last edited by womp womp on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Miscellaneous

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

-
    Playlist:
    [1] - Joseph Jacobs - Peaceful Days | [2] - sweetbn - i hear the rain | [3] - Joseph Jacobs - Semblant
    [4] - Joseph Jacobs - This is How it Goes | [5] - Puremusic - Roses | [6] - ElDera - Allure
    [7] - RUDE - Eternal Youth | [8] - elijah who - i'm tired of feeling this way | [9] - elijah who - goodbye

Listen to them here! - Total length is about 35 minutes

Moodboard:
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ Click for Moodboard! ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Obvious enough, Adrienne has a deep passion for plants, music and optimism.
    The pictures in it represent the things she adores, as well as a 'Think Bright'
    message in the middle. It comes from the collection of cheerful sayings she
    makes and hangs up on her bedroom wall, as it's her favourite one so far, as
    it's extremely concise but to the point.

Favourite Accessories:

Adrienne's two favourite accessories are her flower crown as well as her necklace.
    They were a present from Ameile, and Adrienne fell in love with the necklace and
    crown. With all honesty, Adrienne doesn't wear them often since the flower crown
    often falls and covers her eyes, but she enjoys keeping them up in display so she
    can admire them whenever. The flower crown, of course, has a small range of brightly
    coloured fake flowers, and it's tied together with a gold string of beads which are
    visible if seen from the side. As for her necklace, a lavender coloured flower dangles
    from it as well as three beads on each side of the flower.

Trivia:
    - Adrienne is somewhat claustrophobic, as she enjoys to be in open areas rather small, tight places
    - Adrienne dislikes the dark. She isn't necessarily afraid, but more or so irritated by it
    - She wants a dog or cat one day, but she's afraid that they'll accidentally eat or ruin her plants
    - Adrienne has tried to become vegetarian several times but it never worked out
    - As a little kid, Adrienne hated the thought of ruling an entire kingdom, which is part of the reason she wanted to go into the modern world. And as the Queen's only daughter, it was a must that she had to once she was old enough and/or the queen retired
Last edited by womp womp on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Credits and Notes

Postby womp womp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm

Hello, hello. Welcome to the end of my form! I hope you enjoyed readin' it and all that jazz and bless if you listened to the entire playlist, but it's fine if you didn't lmao. I had tons of fun with it, and I absolutely fell in love with this beauty even more than I already did when writing (this sounds super cheesy please forgive me :">).

If you're interested, the original notes I jotted down are here. I followed most of them but sorta left some out pfft. Either way I hope they were decent ideas and not something run of the mill ?? Pft who knows.

As for credits, the sweet font I used at the top of each section is from 1001 fonts, which is my go-to font website not gonna lie (and yeah, this might as well turn into some sort of advertisement at this point). The cactus image at the very start was from Unsplash, and all of the pictures in the moodboard (besides the text in the middle) were from Unplash! The website I used my message for is called carrd as well.

All most art is by me (writing is all by me if that interests you pfft), and let me tell you I had a blast drawing her. I struggled with the hair a bit, but other than that it was extremely fun to draw her ^^ plus I need to take a break from my chibis anways. ALSO HOLD ON!! I got a piece from the all so wonderful Chaosin last minute, which made this stunning piece for me, which I added to the start.

And that's all! Thank you for taking to time to read through my form and have fun with judging <3
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me