Star Catcher Guides; DNP

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Star Catcher Guides; DNP

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:15 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by ServerNurse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Guides

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:23 pm

Basics

Species Varients

Last edited by ServerNurse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Chapter 1: Nicoterel Woods/A Beginning

There are stories about that forest. That forest that appears in your novels and horror movies. A forest you feel weird about walking by, and the one that everyone talks about what might be dwelling beyond the visible tree line. Perhaps your feelings about the strange aura the forest emits aren't that far off, for within the Nicoterel Woods, strange things continue to dwell, hiding away under the spying eyes and destructive hands of humans.
The stories surrounding Nicoterel Woods are endless. Don't go into Nicoterel Woods! You won't come back, and if you do, you won't be right in the head. You'll be taken by the fae, and replaced with a changeling. You'll be killed by a satyr, or lycanthrope at night. You'll be taken by the harpies and won't be seen again. Creatures of myth and legends have always existed, and lore and legend always stem from some form of truth.
Perhaps the stories were true, but there was no way to prove any of it. If something was still out there, it would be in hiding. Maybe that was why you don't see dragons or centaurs out in the open anymore but there are so many stories surrounding them. They see what humans are doing and decided they don't want any part of us anymore and went into hiding leaving only their stories behind.

Then there was the story that could be proven. The Forest wasn't used much for hunting anymore, and because there were no actual maps of the forest, it was deemed dangerous to enter and explore until paths were made and it was properly mapped out. The authorities couldn't keep everyone out, and so it was only a matter of time before someone actually discovered something on their illegal trip.
Ignoring the signs, the hunter, camper who wishes to remain unnamed, ventured into Nicoterel forest four days ago. Come the second night, and then the third morning, everyone who knew where he was going wrote him off as dead, adding into the haunting stories surrounding the woods. Others began to worry they hadn't heard from him in a while. He always calls, and texts to brag about the time he had to just fish, hunt, and enjoy his time in forests and mountains.
Come day five however, he emerged, but was confused. That's how he was found. Lost and confused, talking nonsense about the forest.
He first talked about the things he might have seen. There might be a colony of stray cats living in that forest, they're the right size, and quick enough to be cats. He never caught more than glimpses, and at night could swear things were watching him. there were eyes in the dark illuminated by lights. First it was brushed aside as firefly lights and stray cats.
Then he found the statue.

Somewhere in the center of Nicoterel Woods, in a clearing where the grass is long and springy. The wind blows through it, making it ripple like water. Just past a pond, there stood a huge stone statue depicting a winged deer creature that carried a lantern, glowing dimly in the dark. Despite it's age, the stone was perfectly intact, no cracks, or breaks. Just a heavy covering of moss and leaves.
At this point, he decided he was hopefully lost in this forest, despite his discovery, he was certain nobody else knew of. He took the time to examine the statue. what was it made of? how old was it? who put this here? what was it depicting? Pondering the questions, the same lights he'd been seeing the previous nights slowly lit up the area surrounding the clearing. Every way he turned, there were only lights. a ring of lights all around him and the clearing with the statue. Was this the famed fae come after him for entering their territory? was he about to be abducted by aliens? this was his end. this was it. He'd discovered something amazing in this cursed forest, and it would be the last thing he would know.

Slowly however, the lights faded until only one remained. He heard chirping. Staring at the faintly bobbing light in the dark he felt strange. there was something about it. something warm. something inviting. the longer he stared directly into the light, the stronger the feeling was, until he had to get closer. Once he neared, the light bobbed off, and waited. He stared, felt the pulling of the inviting light and followed again. In the end, he followed the light until it was gone, and the distant lights of the city came into view.
Finally out of the forest, the man was left lost, and confused. How did he get here? he followed a light and it led him back out. There was that statue. Was he delusional? Was he so far gone that a guardian angel came to help him on his way? guardian angel. a guardian.
That's what it was. The winged creature the statue depicted. it helped him find his way back out. it saved him. This forest wasn't cursed. This forest was guarded It was protected, and it had protected him. The Guardian, those cat creatures. They all helped him. Before turning to completely leave on his way back to town where he'd be found walking along the road and questioned by police incase he was planning on entering the forest, he turned one last time to the woods and spied the creature that had led him safely out. it stood, carrying a lantern that swayed lightly in it's mouth. It stared up at him, four large ears erect and attentive. It's entirety was illuminated softly by the warm light it carried. After a long moment had passed with the two just staring at eachother, the little beast turned and leapt at the nearest tree, nimbly scrambling it's way up, dropping leaves as it jumped from branch to branch, it's light slowly fading back into Nicoterel Woods.
Last edited by ServerNurse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Ghost Lights Event- Oct ???

Winter Fest- Dec ???
Last edited by ServerNurse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tame vs. Feral

Postby ServerNurse » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Feral

Feral is what all Star Catchers start out as. They live in the wild, in clans ranging from 7-15 and have very little if any interactions with humans. They aren't always outwardly aggressive towards humans, but they are wary and like to keep their distance. The only exception to the distance rule is when they use their lanterns and act as a guide to those who are lost, but they don't stick around for long afterwards.
Feral Star Catchers survive on their own, hunting and gathering with clanmates, and overall looking after each other. They will defend their nesting territory to the death, and in that case aren't afraid to attack anything, humans included.
Feral Star Catchers live a hard life, like most wild animals and face the harsh reality of the world head on.
============================================================================
Feral Star Catcher ARPG Specifics

*Feral Star Catchers do not wear any items or decorate themselves in any way
*They are more prone to environmental deaths, caused by weather, starvation, dehydration, exhaustion and illness.
*Injuries and life altering traits such as blindness, deafness, and missing limbs are a death sentence to feral star catchers.
*Feral Star Catchers are able to hunt and gather
*They're able to make the trip of Maturity on their own.
*Inbreeding is very rare
*Main adopts are ALWAYS FERAL unless stated otherwise
*ONLY BASIC VARIENTS CAN BE FERAL

Tame

Any Star Catcher can be tamed by use of the "Collar and Lead" Item or through the taming steps through art or writing.
Tame Star Catchers live in the lap of luxury compared to feral Star Catchers. They know the joys of an owner, an always full belly and a roof over their head. Tame Star Catchers like to make nests in covered kennels, boxes, or under side tables that act as their den. The den is personal to the Star Catcher, and it's where they rest, nest, mate and raise young. Tame Star Catchers need some room but not a whole lot, meaning they can become apartment pets. They can be walked on a lead, and can be trained to follow commands and compete in things like agility courses.
Truly the tamed live a plush life
============================================================================
Tame Star Catcher ARPG Specifics

*Tame Star Catchers are looked after by someone.
*Any Star Catcher can be tamed immediately through use of the "Collar and Lead" Item or 3 pieces of art or writing can be used, depicting you or their owner first meeting them, befriending them, and then catching them.
*Basic Varients can go back to being wild by drawing or writing their escape story
*Tame Star Catchers can be dressed up, groomed, and decorated in any way you want.(without breaking original concept)
*Tame Star Catchers can breed with other varients (i.e. Northern with Southern) and create the Hybrid Varient.
*The Hybrid Varient is ONLY TAME, and cannot survive in the wild. They can only be obtained through breeding, or through special events or adopts
*Tame Star Catchers that are allowed to roam in a yard or are allowed as outdoor pets are allowed to roll for Hunting/Gathering
*Tame Star Catchers can also be entered in agility courses and pet shows.
*Disabled Star Catchers have a better life being tame, and live longer.
*Injuries and illness can be cured through a vet, meaning it's no longer life threatening for those who are tame
*Inbreeding is more common

Last edited by ServerNurse on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ARPG

Postby ServerNurse » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm

What is the ARPG Aspect of Star Catchers and Do i have to follow it?

With Star Catchers, i planned out a couple things to be ARPG based.
We have a story! The story is the beginning of the species, and how it came to be. In later chapters, there will be certain things happening that your Star Catchers can participate in.
There's the whole Feral vs. Tame Aspect too. You can adopt Star Catchers and have them be Feral. Being Feral, they can form or join clans, explore, roll for hunting/gathering, go through the test of maturity on their own, and have them face the challenges of the seasons.
Star Catchers can also be tamed, and once they are, you can add accessories, write or draw how they came to be owned, breed for the only tamed available Hybrid Varient, and have them participate in things like agility courses and pet shows.
Some things will also be genetics based. Originally i planned to have all markings and genes mapped out, but in the end i decided just for mutations and keeping track of breeding, with consequences to things like inbreeding

You don't HAVE to participate in any of this, but just know that i plan for this species to be very interactive with people outside of just classic events. I have a lot planned for them! As of right now, this is what all i have.
===============================================
Forum Based

-Hunting/Gathering turns
-Pet shows/Agility courses
-Seasons
-Breeding Charts(keep track of who you breed with!)
==================================================
Art/Writing Based

-Also Seasons
-Taming
-Test of Maturity
-Other tests/Life events
-Breeding Charts(Keep track of who you breed with!)

More will probably be added later on, but! this is what i have for now, outside of events~

ServerNurse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me